Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thanks for the crown. Enjoy your Pig.

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At her return, Gherrick's face split into a grin, one that broke open a sore upon his lip.
"They were jealous of how handsome I was, but I think the new marks only make me more dashing."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Ah, yes. Of course. That's why ya got the shit knocked outta you," Beatrid said with a shake of her head as she took to the stool. How he could smile after that was beyond her; she was no stranger to the procedures used to get a criminal to talk.

She propped her chin up with her hand. "So...? How fucked are ya?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Gherrick kept smiling,a nd at her inquiry, his smile grew.
"They hang me at first light."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

A sick, twisted feeling gripped her, like a hand squeezing her innards. Beatrid sucked in a breath.

He didn't have long to live.

"Which crime did it?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"Er.. all of them?" he said, giving a more nervous grin with a laugh. "But don't you worry, I'm sure I'll think of some way to save my neck." And a passing guard growled at his cockyness, banging the end of his spear against the cell bar door.

"As if, low life. You've robbed your last nobleman. And the men you killed, to add to the list, would add insult to injury if you were to escape the hang man's noose. Tch," the man sneered as he passe don by. "Don't let him get to you, Beatrid." he said, patting her on the shoulder. "He's quite the cunning son of a bitch. I knwo of at least ten nobleman, merchants and the likes that would easily pay their worth in gold for his hide." ANd he laughed. "Now it seems they have their chance."

Gherrick watched as the gnetleman walked away, obviously to continue his rounds elsewhere. He blinked, then frowned and turned to Beatird before smiling again.
"What a charming fellow! A friend of yours?"

Rhindeer

Beatrid gave a long suffering sigh and roll of her eyes, watching the guard's back until he'd vanished out of sight. When all was clear, she answered Gherrick's question.

"Jolston," she said as though that explained everything. "Patronizing jackass. He's so charming I'd love to punch his smug face in, that's for sure. Bastard's been trying to get me in his bed for months and thinks talking down to women while flexing his miserable muscles is the way to do it. Fucker. Outright told him to fuck off twice and he took it as an invite, and not only that, but he gets in the way trying to show off when I'm trying to do my job."

She brushed off her shoulder where he'd pat her as though he'd left dirt behind.

"Whatever. He's obnoxious." And now wasn't the time to rant about people she hated, of which there were many. Though something Jolston said was bothering her.

She peered into the cell at Gherrick, lips pulled into a frown. "You've killed men?" she asked, though it was less accusation and more...incredulity.

"I don't believe that."

visualspice

"This Jolston sure sounds like a charmer," Gherrick replied, also giving a scrutinizing glare in the man's vanished direction.
Then to her last question...
"It was news to me. I'm about as shocked as you are. But apparently there are witnesses," he said with a shrug.

Rhindeer

That twisting feeling grew more painful. Beatrid had met killers, murderers. She knew the type rather intimately--and she was more a killer than Gherrick was. She'd killed before, both in self-defense and out of necessity, because it was the right choice, because it was her job. It was hard, especially the first, though you never forgot the faces of any of them, but she could sleep at night knowing it had been just.

Now, justice was unraveling right before her eyes, and she had helped ferry him toward an unjust death.

She shook her head. "That's bullshit. You're hardly killer material and--and what witnesses? Were the witnesses present? And you! How can you be so fuckin' lackadaisical?"

visualspice

Gherrick gave another nervous laugh and smile.
"Err.. cause I don't want you to worry?" he rubbed sheepishly at the back of his head, coughing a little, and turned away, spitting out blood. He paused a moment to wipe it off on the back o fhis hand, then turned to her. smiling still with a shrug.
"It's not your fault anyways, dont' you worry. I knew the consequences of what I was doing long before I began to break the laws. If so, then I'd be a greater fool than I am now."

Rhindeer

Beatrid gave a frustrated huff and threw her hands into the air. "For fuck's sake!" she growled. "Can't you be angry for once? It's a fucked up situation! I'm pissed, and I'm not the one's got a noose with my name on it!"

She crossed her arms over her chest, mind racing. "Fuck this. I arrested you so you could be convicted for your actual, ridiculous crimes. Not imaginary ones. Fines, prison, maybe flogging or a lost ear, and a mark slapped on your clothes. But death for fake murders? Fake crimes? You?" She barked a laugh.

"Un-fucking-believable."

visualspice

Gherrick stared at her with a blink.
"Well, I never exactly started stealing from these men if I hadn't a good reason. And I knew what I was up against. I'm not really a man to go against code or honor. Though none of these men have a code, nor are honorable. So it is of no surprise to me they'd place false evidence here, just to see me hang."

Rhindeer

"Fuck. There you go again with being so damned sympathetic and likeable," Beatrid growled, glaring down at the ground. Goddammit. Why did he have to be likeable? So many people got on her shit list, so why did he have to be one of the ones that didn't? And worse, why did he have to remind her of her old friend, Hek-Akiz? Which was even stranger, since Hek had been grievously wounded by a mage.

This was horrific.

She rubbed her temples, feeling a headache creeping along the edges of her skull. What Gherrick had said about the nobleman--the one whose crown he'd stolen--swam around in her mind, coupled by the injustice of him being framed. She'd known there was corruption afoot; one would have to be blind not to. But never before had it affected her so directly.

She could just let things run its course; he may be a man with decent intentions, but he was still a criminal, still a mage. Perhaps all his accumulated crimes, plus magecraft, would be enough for a death sentence. Surely it would. She could turn her back on it, tell herself that, and just...let be what would be. No one would fault her for it.

But she would know, and so would Ansgar. Ansgar who still loved mages, but hated the magic. He had used magic, broken the law, so by right he should die for it--but it hadn't been to harm, as much as it made her skin crawl that she'd been touched by its taint.

And justifying in her head what he was dying for wouldn't change the fact that he was dying for false murders. If she let this happen, she'd earn a mark for herself, one embroidered in her soul.

"For all your...flippancy about this, I'm gonna assume ya give a fuck and actually aren't okay with this," she finally said, and looked up at him, voice lowering. "Because I'm not, either. And..." She took a deep breath. "I think I may be about to do something completely moronic."

visualspice

Gherrick laughed softly.
"Of course I care, this is my neck we're talking about," he said, his laughter becoming a bit more nervous, and just the faint signs of sweat could be seen. He gave a shrug. "Though, I'm not surprised in the slightest what has happened. I was aware of the consequences long before I had begun to make this journey and I-"
but then he paused, blinking with his lips pursed out in the middle of forming his next word before his face went long, his lips pressing together, flat.

"What do you mean, moronic? Surely you're not thinking to.." but he caught her gaze, face falling again. "Beatrid, you do not need to worry yourself over me. I allowed myself to be caught and had chosen this sort of life style. THe consequences are mine alone to bear."

Rhindeer

"There's such a thing as being guilty of indifference," Beatrid said with a growl, thoughts racing.

"Ya ever seen it happen? When a man gets mugged and beat in a busy street and no one even stops? Those people, the ones that just walk on by and do fuck all to help, have that man's blood on their hands. Maybe they weren't the one beating him, but they watched him bleed and decided he wasn't worth helping. Or worse, they're so fucking wrapped up in their own shitty lives to hear his screams."

She shook her head. "There's a special place in hell for people like that. I didn't submit my life to this job to be one of 'em. But if I stand by and let you go to the noose while I have the power to stop it, knowing all the while that you're innocent for the shit that's got you hanged? That's exactly what I am. And my fire'll burn bright."

She met his eyes fiercely. "So don't you say a damned word about what I'm about to do," she said, and rose to her feet.

visualspice

Gherrick felt himself begin to sweat. It wasn't like he never had help before, and it was always appreciated, but like Beatrid, he couldn't just watch someone trying to halt a train wreck.

"What if I said there was a way for me to get out of this?" he said hastily, clinging onto the bars and pressing his face up against them.

Rhindeer

Beatrid paused and glanced at him from over her shoulder. "Then I'd ask what that is."

visualspice

"Well, remember that part when you realized I was a mage?" Gherrick began, staring at her sheepishly from behind the bars. "Well, being somewhat immune to the mordecai's charms has it's advantages. Though I'd hate to 'break the rules'. But I could create a bit of a distraction...."
A distraction of what? He wasn't sure, but he was positive he could get himself out of this without Beatrid causing undue harm to herself.

Or well, so he hoped. So long as the blessed God-child Evra granted him whatever power he needed in that moment.. for that plan, a plan he was still tryign to cleverly concoct as his eyes roamed around the jail cell and paused up at the window, that was even too high up if he were to jump in attempts to reach it...

"Hrmm.."

Rhindeer

Beatrid crossed her arms and tapped her fingers on her forearm, lips twisted into a scowl. She wasn't buying it.

"You really don't have a plan, do you." It wasn't a question. Just a flat statement.

visualspice

"Er.. well.." Gherrick said, lightly blushing as he looked back to her with a nervous grin. "Not yet." He admitted. "But I'm awfully good at winging it."

Rhindeer

Beatrid sank her face into her hand with a sigh.

"Yeah. That's not good enough," she said, and turned again to leave. "Besides, who said I was letting you run free? You're still a mage and still a criminal. And you're still my criminal."

And with that said, she began to head down the hall.