Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thanks for the crown. Enjoy your Pig.

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Gherrick gave a laugh and began to descend.
"If you so wish it," And as he crawled down into the darkness, he peered up at her, only his bright blue eyes visible in the shadows. "Come on! Don't want them to catch us now do ya?" And he disappeared down at the bottom, jumping onto the ground and peering around, taking in the smell with a pinch of his nose.

"Smells like home!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Beatrid dropped down after Gherrick, and grimaced when her boots landed in something...

Squelchy.

God almighty, if she never had to visit another sewer again, it would be too soon.

Repressing a gag, Beatrid buried her nose in the crook of her elbow. "Home, huh? So your home is shitty, is that what you're saying?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Gherrick gave a laugh as he joined her down in the sewer.
"Hardly! But we have been here far too many times. And home is associated with a relatively safe place and well... My lady," and he gestured with a sweeping motion of his hands. "What safer place can we get than this?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Beatrid shot him a scathing look, which was likely lost to the darkness. "Don't call me that," she grumbled. "I'm hardly a lady. C'mon. Don't dawdle."

Turning, she started to pick her way along the path, avoiding the worst of the...squelchyness...as much as she could. Now she was on a mission; she wanted to get out of this place as quickly as possible.

Around her feet, shadows moved, and she jerked in alarm and clamped a gloved hand over her mouth to repress a yelp as one of those "shadows" ran over her boot. Instead, it came out as a muffled squeak. Rats. God, she hated rats, and they were everywhere--bold and unafraid, and fucking huge. She froze for a second, cringing, and took a deep breath--which once again set her to gagging.

...God, why was she doing this, again?
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Gherrick gave a light pat on her shoulder before hooking arms with her suddenly.
"Come on," he told her with a grin. "Let's not dawdle, remember?" And he continued to lead them through the stinky, underground labyrinth until ...

"HALT!"

Gherrick nearly leaped out of his skin as he whirled around to where the echoing voice had come from. And just like that, he began to hear the clanking foot steps of a few approaching men in armor.

"Well, now aren't the city guards getting bold!" Gherrick complimented as he turned swiftly on his heel. "What was that about dawdling?" He motioned, giving her arm a tug. "I think now is the time to ..." And then suddenly he was off and dashing, "Run!!" And dragging Beatrid along with him!

Rhindeer

Whyyy was she doing this, again?! Beatrid's heart leaped in panic, and Gherrick certainly didn't have to tell her twice!

"Oh, shut the hell up about dawdling! I get it!" Beatrid hissed as she ran with him, her free arm over her nose and mouth to block out the stench.

Which, unfortunately, compromised her balance.

Because it was as they turned a corner that she stepped in something extra slippery and, with a howl, her foot shot out from under her and she went splashing into the goop, dragging Gherrick, who she'd been clinging to, down with her.

visualspice

They probably appeared quite the mess, with arms and limbs entangled, and their bodies not covered in the wretched goo. After a moment of floundering, Gherrick was able to detangle himself from Beatrid, but the guards were already just a few feet away

"Halt!" One called out, and the hiss of his blade withdrawing echoed down the sewer.

Gherrick's blue eyes flashed as he stood, at the ready, and whispered over to Beatrid, as he was in the middle of offering her his hand to help her stand up...

"Hey.. you wouldn't mind handing me my bo staff, would ya?" It was kind of in the sludge, but hey- the pair were already covered in shit water. And well...
It would be better to face these guards with some form of weapon, right?

Rhindeer

Beatrid didn't answer Gherrick, because the second she managed to get upright again, she didn't stay upright long--because it was all too much, being covered in that stuff, and the smell, and--

Well, Beatrid couldn't answer Gherrick, because she was too busy doubling over, hands on her knees, and vomiting.

visualspice

The stench was foul, but he was trying to be optimistic and not breath it- but when Beatrid lost her lunch, not even a second later, so was he.

He grimaced.
"So much for making a grand retreat," he groaned, gagging a bit still at the smell as he attempted to rise from the water. "Well, if we can't run from the guards... we could try throwing the sewer water at them."

Yeah... he was going to need a thorough bath once this was all said and done.

Rhindeer

"Just--just don't fuckin' talk to me!" Beatrid choked, because she was done. She was so, so done! She'd become a fugitive, just like that, but not even that compared to THIS! Finally, after years of soldiering, of getting bloodied up and bloodying up others, of dealing with battlefield offal and other sorts of nastiness...nope, this was her limit. She'd finally found it today. Her limit was getting covered in SHIT!

And she didn't want to talk because some of that had come awfully close to her mouth, and because she imagined that by opening her mouth, she could taste the awful stench in the air!

And she couldn't even wipe off her mouth because her arm was covered in shit!

She was, at that moment, half tempted to just let the guards catch her and take her away, because at least she'd be out of this godforsaken sewer!

Instead, she thrust a hand into the mush and shoved Gherrick's bo staff at him with a withering look, then grabbed his hand (ew, ew, their hands squelched together!) and took off at a run. Well, as much as you could run through the muck of a sewer.

Fortunately, the guards were human.

Seemed they were having a difficult time with the smell, too.

visualspice

"We really need.to stop making a habit of meeting in these kinds of places." Gherrick went on. "But I promise you, next time I'll take us some place nice!"

Rhindeer

"Oh yeah?" Beatrid said, voice strained with her effort not to gag. "Maybe a manure pit next time? That's at least above ground!"

visualspice

Gherrick couldn't help but laugh, but was soon choking on the putrid vapors.
"Y-yeah.." he said through gags of breaths. "Something like that. But I was thinking more along the lines of a fine, silk white table clothe, a single, white candle- white roses, and something very fatty to eat."

Rhindeer

"Stop," Beatrid said, holding her hand up and grimacing, her face pale as she fought down the urge to hurl. "Don't...don't fuckin' talk about fatty anything right now. Alright? Ansgar, what's wrong with you?!"

She didn't exactly want to talk about food when ankle-deep in excrement and who knows what else.

On the bright side, they seemed to have lost their followers, at least for now. It was dark down there, and they had apparently taken some twists and turns when they ran, though Beatrid didn't remember any of that. All she knew was she'd been running for her life through piles of shit! And if she'd been unable to go five steps without puking, she was sure those guards were facing the same challenge.

visualspice

"Well it wasn't like I described it!" he said with a laugh. "But say- I smell something different than waste." And he stumbled forward a bit. "Fresh air... at least I hope it's fresh air. Come on! Down this way!"

Rhindeer

Beatrid didn't have to be told twice. She practically shoved past Gherrick in her rush to get the hell out of there, because she was so done, so, so done.

"How is it that I always wind up in literal deep shit with you," she grumbled as she sloshed along, and felt relief surge through her when she felt a trickle of cooler air against her skin. Which meant that somewhere up ahead, there was a way out. "Shit, and baths. Because I'm gonna need to wash this shit off fast, again. Why is it always shit and baths with you."

Which...actually worked out well, because as they turned a corner, the area became brighter--showing off all the skittering rats and cockroaches, but also showing that, up ahead, the place opened up and dumped into a river.

visualspice

Gherrick's eyes sparkled at the heavenly sight before them.
"Great Goddess Child's Luck..... a river.."
And he hesitated not to meet Beatrid's speed with his own, soon passing her as he wasted no efforts in leaping out from the sewer opening and into the river, only to groan as he realized..

"Ugh, agh, GODS ABOVE! THIS WATER IS FOUL!" ANd desperately he tried to swim up river, doing whatever he could to rinse off whatever new filth collected with his old filth and even long after he had felt and tasted the fresh river water flowing into the bad, he did not stop swimming.
It was all upstream from here!

Rhindeer

If Beatrid's hands weren't covered in unspeakable things, she would have face-palmed.

Because there Gherrick went, sprinting on ahead and jumping merrily into Shit River and discovering what she could have told him if, you know, she knew he was going to go diving in like that.

So unlike Gherrick, she didn't leap into the river. She stepped down carefully into it, cringing all the while as sewage sloshed around her as she lowered herself in. God. This day. This was, without a doubt, The Worst Day.

She waded out into the center until she could no longer wade and had to actually start swimming. "I hope you had your mouth shut!" she called after him, and closed her own mouth as the water crept up her neck. Holding her breath against the smell, she swam after Gherrick, up the river, and even when the water turned clear she didn't dare get her mouth in it.

"This is, without a doubt, the shittiest day of my life," she whined as she swam closer to Gherrick.

visualspice

Gherrick gave a laugh.
"I suppose the same could go for me! It isn't everyday I go swimming in such filth."

Rhindeer

"I should damned well hope not!" Beatrid said. "Though you could've surprised me, what with how many sewers we ended up in. Goddamn."

The water was clean now, but she still felt covered in grossness, felt like she'd  never be clean ever again. Swimming to the shallower part where she could touch the rocky bottom, she started to strip off her clothes, cringing as she did. Though the water had washed away much, she still felt like some filth might be stuck under her clothes and in her boots.

"I'm sorry, but fuck this shit," she said as she tossed her tunic onto the shore and started to undo her breeches.

Tags: