Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thanks for the crown. Enjoy your Pig.

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Realizing what Beatrid was doing, his face went red as he turned away.
He couldn't blame her... this stuff was foul! But even as she was stripping.. he knew he should do the same- and soon his own, nasty clothing was slopping into a pile next to hers, but his back was still turned. The lady deserved some privacy and respect, after all!

"What can I say? I must just be a lucky guy!" he joked, ears still red from their close proximity and well-
nudity.

:|
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"If this is your version of luck, I'd hate to catch you on a bad day," Beatrid grumbled, before she glanced over at him when she noticed how he was avoiding looking at her, and how red-faced he'd gone before he'd turned his back. With a snort, she picked up her soiled clothes and started to swish them through the water, hoping to dislodge any more...

...things...

That had gotten stuck in the fibers.

"Really, man? We just finished sloshing through shit and you're gonna get all flustered now?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"A gentleman must always remain honorable to a woman, to give her respect- no matter the situation," he went on, then gave a humbled bow, back still to her. "And you, are still a lady."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Beatrid rolled her eyes until she was just about seeing her brains.

"I'm no lady," she said, as she drew her clothes out and checked their cleanliness. "I'm a soldier."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

"A lady soldier is still a lady," he reminded. "Besides, it would be wrong of me to look. Odd circumstances aside, I will always hold women in the highest regard."

Rhindeer

"I'm not saying that's a bad way to be, mind you," Beatrid said with a snort, and made a face at her clothes. They still stank. It would take a lot of washing and soap to get the smell of shit out of them.

"It just amuses me. Anyway, relax," she added, having not missed his blush. "I'm probably the safest woman you could be around like this."

visualspice

Gherrick smirked.
"Safe? I don't know about that.. I saw how you handled those guards back there. And you've got a mean right hook, besides. Either way, I owe you for this one. And maybe for some of the others, but once we figure things out, well... guess I'll be buying you dinner. Or... at least some new clothes."

They both smelled like shit, after all. Though he hated to think he'd have to get rid of what he wore. It was his signature attire, after all. But maybe... he could find a seamstress to make him another pair. Though he knew the right silk would be hard to find.

Rhindeer

"How about both?" Beatrid said with a tired laugh as she started to, reluctantly, dress. "I'm fucking starving, which I guess is a damned weird thing to be after that, but fuck. You've run me ragged."

She wrung the water out of her braid when she was dressed, and added, "By the way, you're fine to look, now. Your virgin eyes are safe."

visualspice

Once he was decent, he turned to give Beatrid a salute.
"As much as I'm a man of my word, we should first figure out a direction our new adventure would lead us," he went on, all smiles as he was before. "I'm all for exploring the unknown and all, thrill of the mysterious and all that, but if you had any ideas of where we could go to lay low for a while..."

"Oh.." he then added, giving her a sheepish look. "And if I haven't said it enough, I'm sorry to drag you along with me. I know what we have probably isn't anything you'd ever dream of encountering in your lifetime. But hey- just think of it this way.." he went on, cheekily. "You can tell your grand kids this tale and laugh!"

Rhindeer

Beatrid flashed him an amused, wry smile. It was clear to her that he hadn't yet connected the dots, which was fine by her. Most people didn't, and she kept it secret from most, anyway. It just wasn't something one could openly talk about, something nearly as taboo as magic.

"I won't be having grandchildren," she said. "Or children, for that matter. Well. None of my own, in any case."

Cracking her knuckles, she gathered up her weapons--hopefully her pistols would still work after being waterlogged!--and headed over to him, nudging his shoulder. "Let's go. I do, in fact, know of a place that can shelter us for a night, at least."

visualspice

Realizing her comment, her frowned and gave a nod.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."
Though as he thought it over, perhaps she just didn't want children? Though the way she phrased it, it seemed as if she could not. And he knew a lot of women who were sensitive about being barren.

Turning to walk along with her, he inquired, "So where is this place? And do you think they have food? Also, I'm beginning to feel as if I might forever be in your debt!"

Rhindeer

"You bet your ass you're forever in my debt," Beatrid agreed, and from the way she said it, she meant it, the humor absent from her tone. Because really, she was so fucked now. She'd followed her conscience over her duty, and now she was well and truly fucked. "I wouldn't be in this situation if you hadn't stolen some guy's crown like a jackass."

She rolled her neck, popping it. "Anyway, there's a church in a town a few miles up river. We can just follow the water there. If we go there and beg sanctuary, they'll give it to us." She paused, and shrugged. "Probably."

visualspice

Gherrick frowned at the idea.
"Are you sure that's wise?"
Then again, their choices here seemed to be limited!

"If we keep to the river, acquire a boat... I might be able to navigate us somewhere where um.. people are a bit more accepting of my presence. And well," he went on, with a grin. "Of yours too! These people, once I tell them all that you've done, will see you as a hero!"

Rhindeer

"A hero," Beatrid repeated with a bitter scoff, rubbing her fingers over her temples. "I'm a goddamned traitor. What kind of people would think that? Mages? I'm a fucking Mordecai."

visualspice

Gherrick raised both brows curiously.
"Mages?" he frowned through a partial smile. "Not all victims in Reajh are mages."

Rhindeer

That gave Beatrid pause. She looked at him, still frowning. "What do you mean?"

visualspice

"Well, it's true I'm a mage of sorts, but that's not why I've been running from soldiers and guards. People are suffering- magic or not. The people out on farms and living on the streets are still hounded for taxes, even when they've got nothing, or have had a bad crop after a dry summer. Then again, most lands re like that, sadly enough," Gherrick went on with a sigh. "But I suppose Connlaoth is lucky. It's got two sets of prejudices it deals with. And a lot of people that are poor are simply grouped with mages, making them doubly unlucky. Though bad luck is bad luck, right?"

Rhindeer

Beatrid's frown deepened at his words, her shoulders stiffening. It was true. There was corruption everywhere that stemmed from places deeper than magic, and it was part of why she enjoyed being a Mordecai--a soldier. Helping people, protecting those weaker than her. Even before she knew she was a Mordecai, she would have liked to be a soldier--it had just never been an option until her gift manifested.

"So where are we going, then, that poor, downtrodden people would be more accepting of both mages and Mordecai?"

visualspice

Gherrick tossed her a wistful smile.
"You'd be surprised how accommodating they are. But if you're willing to bear my presence a little longer, I can take you to a little place of sanctuary." And then he leaned forward, adding in a whisper, "And I swear it's not the sewers."
He still felt he owed her one (or two!) for that!

Rhindeer

"Good, because I swear to God, if it's another goddamned sewer I'm gonna skewer you," Beatrid grumbled before she gave him another look. A softer look, even though she tried hard to mask the worry broiling within her.

"And you're...absolutely positive these people won't just kill me on sight? You can guarantee that?"