Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Busy Night (Rhi)

Started by Katie, December 08, 2012, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie

Most of that didn't make any sense. "Well, you get with child, you either miscarry a-purpose by drinking the right kinda tea or you take some leave," Fatoumata said. "We're all s'posed to keep the barracks clean--there's inspections and all. Unless y'mean married quarters. Never lived in those, but I s'pose they take turns." She shrugged. "And I've found size don't mean much. Shortest woman I ever met can shoot a mean crossbow."

Rhindeer

None of that made an ounce of sense to Sita. He stared at Fatoumata like she was speaking a foreign language--and really, she was; Adelan was his second language.

"You Adelans," he said at last, shaking his head. "You're all mad."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Katie

She shrugged. "'s just how things work in the army." Before she could say anything else, a pair of hands fell over her eyes from behind. She almost started, but she recognized the hands and the distinctive feel of the amusement. "Hi, Rose," Fatoumata said, "Don't you have people to fetch me up for you?"

"I do," said Rose, lowering her arms and looping them around Fatoumata's shoulders instead. "But I can come greet my second-favorite customer in person, can't I?"

"Oh, second favorite?"

"Mmhm. You don't buy me enough presents. Who's your friend?"

Rhindeer

It was a good thing Sita had finished his beer, otherwise it would have been all over the table. Instead, he choked on air the moment his mind made the connection. It took a couple beats; during their conversation, he had almost forgotten that this woman was here to visit the prostitutes.

Now that he was reminded, it came as a double shock that she was here to visit one of the female prostitutes.

"H-her?" he sputtered, and struggled to get his bearings. It was just so--a woman with a woman? Maybe he shouldn't have been so surprised, considering he was there to visit a man, but...

He cleared his throat. "I, uh...name's Sita..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Katie

"Yes, her," Fatoumata said, "What, do I look like I ain't got the coin? They pay us enough for that." She could actually tell this had naught to do with money, but she couldn't think what it did have to do with. Some things she'd just never understand.

"But not, tragically, enough for the really good costume jewelry," Rose said. "One of the great injustices of my dear country. Pleased to meet you, I'm the best they've got." Fatoumata snorted. Rose smacked her on the shoulder. "Ye of little faith. Just for that I'm biting."

"That supposed to be bad?"

Rose laughed.

Rhindeer

To Sita's horror, he felt heat rise to his cheeks. Aw, fuck, he was a grown bloody man, why was he blushing? Over this? In a whore house? He'd seen and done things far more risque than, uh, two ladies chatting about their relations in the most tame, mild-mannered way possible. It wasn't even like he didn't know it happened!

While his mind was still processing it all, and while he was struggling to find something to say so he didn't look like a damned imbecile, he felt a hand on his cheek as someone turned his head to face them.

It was Arren, his favorite, a young, lithe man Sita had been visiting for some years now, whenever he was in Adela.

"You're late," he said with a mock scowl, then leaned in for a quick peck on the lips before Sita could reply. "I hope you brought me something shiny and expensive, because that's the only way you'll get the tongue thing this time! I'm still pissed you didn't say goodbye last time."

Kill him now. "Shit came up," he managed, clearing his throat.

Katie

It would not be polite to laugh. (Besides which the embarrassment made it less funny.) So Fatoumata kept a handle on the urge to chuckle.

"Hi, Arren," Rose said. "This would appear to be my cue to take you off this guy's hands, hmm?"

"Sounds about right," Fatoumata said, "Nice meeting you, Sita." She smiled at him. Rose tugged at her shoulder (she couldn't be all that impatient, cause she got paid by the hour, but she was probably getting bored down here), and she got up. "Have a nice night."

Rhindeer

"Hey, Rose!" Arren said with a smile. "Or rather, bye Rose!" he added, and tugged at Sita's arm.

"Er, nice meetin' ya too," Sita awkwardly said before Arren was pulling him to his feet. "G'night." With one last look Fatoumata's way, he ducked out of the room with Arren, face unnaturally warm.

Tags: