Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wanderings and Surprises

Started by wolfie, December 13, 2012, 08:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Hael was enjoying his outing although it hadn't provided him with much of rescuing. He loved his time in the forest sitting there listening to the birds and animals around him. He heard the singing and was happy the birds were busy. One not far away was loudly claiming her nest trying hard to keep the others away. Birds were easy to understand nothing much in the brain.

He knew animals and was keeping still. He thought maybe someone might pass by soon and attract attention if not his then maybe some bandits. He was looking forward to playing the rescuer role. He had yet to do so. If anything his time away from the lord's home seemed to be in vain. He sighed wondering if he should go back and forget his mission in life.

There was a fox not far away trying to steal yet again. His attempts hadn't worked yet as the rabbits were too cunning for him. He smiled wondering when that fox would learn better. Hael wasn't about to help him though. He let the animals do their own thing. It was then he noted someone had passed by his position. He got up and carefully followed not sure who it was. He was ready though just in case this person would attack.

Ycharley

Orenda had been wondering for sometime, it had been a close call the last place she had been, so she had to disappear for a while, let it all settle down before she picked another town to settle in. She had learned her lesson from her last incident, don't let yourself get close to anyone. It did matter how accepting they seemed to be, they would judge and they would turn you into the church.

The only reason she got out of her other town was by faking her own death and burning down a building. She had to use her power to erase her fiancé memory and convince him that she was still in the building as it burnt down. She watched, say how heart broken he was how he tried to get back into the collapsing building. He really loved her and she loved him, but she told him and he reacted badly. She knew that her persuasion would slip if she stayed around.

The memories were hard to think about, they broke her heart each time she thought about them. She sighed as she continued to put one foot in front of another. Then as they usually did she had a vision hit her, she didn't like them, they hurt. It would appear to any one who was watching that she had been stunned.   

wolfie

There was something about this female wandering the forest. He wasn't sure what it was about her. She was walking one minute and then stunned the next. He wanted to rush up there and see if she was alright, but he had a bad feeling he should continue to lag behind and follow her. His instincts about these things were usually right on the money.

He remembered leaving his only residence. It hadn't been tough for him at all. He was coming home and that was what made it all the easier. It made him wonder why this female was travelling and why she was alone. He didn't like that fact either. She made an easy target from the look of things.

Hael sighed lightly and continued to watch around him and her for that matter. He wasn't too far behind her, but far enough that she wouldn't see him.

Ycharley

Orenda started to walk faster, looking over her shoulder as if she as suspecting something. She knew that she probably wouldn't change her vision, but she would have to try. She was in a near sprint before too long. Then she heard a voice, heard the stress of the bow string as it was pulled back.

"What is a pretty little thing like you doing out here," A deep voice called out. She stopped instantly, her face half panic half planning. She knew if she could just get close enough to touch one of them she could make it out unscathed, but she didn't know if she would be able to do that.

Her eyes darted around frantically, searching for something, anything. One man stepped into view. He was a tall broad man that appeared to be made of pure muscle.

wolfie

Hael noticed she was moving faster. Something had happened but he wasn't sure what it was. He was glad she was alright though instead of stunned. He moved his pace up a little not wanting to lose her. Unfortunately that's exactly what happened though. He kept moving hoping to catch up to her. It didn't take him long.

He kept quiet and in the shadows wondering why she had stopped then he saw the other guy. This didn't look good at all. He knew there had to be more than one. One man didn't ambush a woman, but several well that made more sense. He knew he had to do something. He stepped out of the shadows just then as well.

"Dear, I thought I said to stay with me," he said shaking his head. He moved carefully toward her not wanting the other guy to make any sudden movements on him. He knew what it was like being a caged animal having to fight ones way out. He had seen it in the animal kingdom many times and had done it himself. He didn't like these odds.

"You are too anxious to leave the forest," he said again barely making his way to her side. Hael knew she might not trust him. He turned then and looked at the man standing there.

"Thank you for finding her I've been worried sick. Now we will go," he said not taking his eyes off this man. He knew it wouldn't be that easy.

Ycharley

Orenda knew he was trust worthy, he was there to help, her senses told her that much. She quickly moved to his side, clinging to him slightly, as you would expect a scared fiancé or wife to do. Her heart was racing and her mind wondering. Why would a stranger try to help her.

More men started to move out from the woods slowly as the main man, clearly the leader started to laugh. "Oh she's yours you say," The man looked over Orenda slowly, taking her body in slowly. Orenda's skin crawled as he looked over her.

"Well, we'll share," He replied, looking at Hael with a smile, reading Hael's face to judge his reaction. He wanted to know if they really had a relationship, or if he was just a do gooder that passed by.

Orenda looked between the men. She knew that this was going to boil down to a fight, she knew she would most likely have to use her powers in front of this stranger, she knew he probably wouldn't be able to take them all by himself.

wolfie

Hael felt her clinging to him. He was glad she was playing the part. He noted they were surrounded by these men. If it came to a fight he would do his best to protect her. He sighed not liking what he was hearing.

"That's right she's mine. I don't share that well very possessive," he answered the man. He couldn't understand why men behaved more and more like animals. No that was too good for even these men. They were behaving worse than animals.

"It's okay dear, all will be well," he said loud enough for only her to hear. He had felt her shiver against him while this stranger was looking her over. His gaze had hardened while the man was doing that. He knew how to play this part. He had seen men do it all the time even the lord he almost called father.

"I don't want it to come to a fight, but I will fight if necessary. Perhaps we could trade something of value instead of argue over my woman," he suggested hoping this man would relent. He was the caged animal this time, but he had one advantage - he knew this forest. This was home.

Ycharley

"Boy," The man started looking at Hael, "I would hate to kill you, all I want is that women by your side. It been a while sense I've been with a women, especially one like her, young, fresh," He continued speaking as he continued to visually feel her up.

Orenda clung to Hael a bit tighter, she hated feeling like a piece of beef up at auction. She prayed this wouldn't come to a fight, that the man she clung to would think of something.

"If you have something that is worth more then satisfying my natural needs then, by all means," He continued with a smirk, knowing there isn't anything the man could have that would be worth that much.

wolfie

"Last time I checked I wasn't some boy. You think it would be that easy? If the forest can't kill me why could you? As for her she's not available," he said knowing he was being a little cocky. He lived here he knew where to step, and he also knew this guy was in trouble if what he heard was true.

"I highly suggest we take this conversation elsewhere. We are standing on dangerous forest ground," he said hearing it again. The animal was there and he didn't want to have anything to do with it. He knew danger and he knew when to leap out of its way. Now was such a time.

"I could trade knowledge about my home which are standing in. I have prime furs as well. Again though if we are going to continue breathing and talking I suggest we move elsewhere and fast," he said answering the man. Little scared him, but he didn't like the sound of that animal, and he wasn't referring to the men around him.

Ycharley

Orenda looked up at the man who had come to her rescue, trying to ignore the other men, not want to feel there stares. She saw the large scar on his face, she almost wanted to reach up and touch it gently, but stopped herself. She wondered how he got it, and knew that it had to have been incredibly painful.

"You look like a boy to me, I am your elder, you should have some respect," The man stated before he started to go on about respect and how the younger generations had no respect anymore. The men closer to forest began to look around worry starting to grow on there face. The oldest man though, continued to rant.

"Boss," One man called out, concern written in his voice. "I think we should move, like the man said," He said as he continued to glance back into the woods.

wolfie

"Some mistake me for one. You might be older but respect needs to be earned. I'd say you haven't done anything but aged and that's nothing to be respected for," he said still being bold. He noted that the others of this guy's group were wiser than him.

"You should listen to those around you," he said hoping they would be able to leave soon. He didn't want to come face to face with the animal that was very close now. He would guess if the animal pounced it would be very soon. He thought it might be before anyone would be able to move.

"Since you guys will be very busy very soon we'll just take our leave," he said knowing it would be any second now. He hated to think what would become of them if he had to fight the animal. He had once, but he didn't want to again. The last time he had been lucky to escape with very little damage done to himself.

"If that animal comes before we can leave stay close to me," he said loud enough only for her. He would protect her no matter what.

Ycharley

The men all seemed to become distracted as they heard the animal draw close. "Lets go," She whispered up at him. She grabbed his hand and started to pull him away, she hoped they got far enough that the animal would  take no interest in them, but stay preoccupied with the men that stared silently into the forest.

She was pulling him with some force now, trying to get him to run. The men who were the original problem didn't even notice them leaving. "Come on," She urged as she turn to look at him for a moment. Her eyes yet again getting stuck on the scar. Her heart started racing, they had to get out of there.

She took a sharp breath as she turned back to look in front of her. her hand squeezing his tighter. She knew when to run in the forest, she had been there long enough, this was defiantly a time to start running. 

wolfie

Hael noticed too that the men weren't really watching them any more. He was glad it would make escaping a whole lot easier. She had the same idea he did trying to get him to follow her. He went when she pulled letting her take the lead.

Just as he pushed her ahead of him he started to run as the animal came out of the forest to contend with those encroaching on her territory. He knew it was just momma taking care of her babes. He wouldn't fight if he didn't have to and was glad they were able to get away from the animal. He heard the cries of the men behind him wishing he could help them. Hael wasn't going back though some people had to fend for themselves.

As soon as he thought they were far enough away from the danger he stopped. He turned to her. It only made him wonder more about this woman. He had so many questions and no answers something he didn't like.

"Why are you out here alone? Are you asking for trouble?" He said watching her. There was something going on, and he didn't like it.

Ycharley

Orenda dropped his hand as they stopped, studying his face slightly.
"I'm not completely helpless, but thank you for the help," She started, her small face in a slight frown as she looked up at him. She turned her back to him but didn't walk away, not yet anyways.

"I'm alone because that's how I have to be, I don't have anyone, it's not like I like the idea, I just have no other choice," She started, looking down. She felt like she was being judged for being attacked, like the man behind her some how blamed all of what was going on on her.

"Why in the hell are you getting short with me?" She questioned, quickly turning on her heel to face him, she placed her finger on his chest accusingly. "Its your sex who can't control themselves, if they could keep it in there pants a girl wouldn't have to worry about walking down a road alone," she spoke, her voice fierce for her small size. She looked up at him and wasn't intimidated.

The man in front of her clearly didn't know what she was capable of. She hated how men looked upon women like they were some lesser being. Like they were children. Orenda knew living in Connloath only inflamed her thoughts on the subject but it didn't matter.

wolfie

"You're right if men could control themselves better you wouldn't have to worry. Not all men are like that though I'm not. Glad I could help even if you didn't need it," he said shrugging it off. He noticed she was a spitfire and liked that about her.

"Why do you have to be alone? I know what it's like being alone I have been most if not all my life. I'm not exactly like the rest of those in the world. I know this forest well because it's home," he admitted. He just said it he wasn't being flippant or angry. He had no tone in his voice just sadness. It wasn't right a female had to be alone. A man sure some where used to it he sure had grown to be.

Hael noticed she wasn't intimidated by him. He was glad of that in fact it was the last thing he wanted. He had only wanted to help her nothing more, and he had done that.

"I was only looking to aide you. Since you are capable and not someone who needs help perhaps I should be going. Unless I'm wrong and you do need my assistance for something?" He asked hoping she wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him. This was one of the few times he actually didn't mind the company of another human being.

Ycharley

Orenda looked down, she didn't mean to run him off. It was nice being in the presences of an attractive, nice, man. She looked down, taking a half step back so she wasn't so close.

"You, you don't have to go if you don't want to," She spoke. She didn't want to reveal her ability. She didn't know how he would react to it. She didn't want him to think that she was controlling him, or for him to start to grow paranoid that she would.

"I'm in this forest enough that it has basically become home," She spoke, her voice sad. She look up at his face, guessing he was about seven years older then herself, she wondered if he saw how young she was.

wolfie

He watched her trying to gauge something from the way she looked down and moved back. He was certain she would say that he would want him to leave her. He was happily surprised to find that she was allowing him to stay if he wanted. He found he did want to.

"That's not something one hears often of others. Is there a reason you are more in this forest instead of some village somewhere?" He asked wondering more about her past and where her family was. It wasn't often that females were alone in the forest. Something was going on he was hoping she would tell him what it was.

"Sorry I know that might be personal. We haven't even introduced ourselves. I'm Hael," he said half listening to the forest. He didn't want them to be ambushed if he could help it. Those men were still out there and there was always the animals.

He looked over her careful not to stare. She was striking he could see why those men wanted her. Sure she was young, but he had a feeling she wasn't as young as she looked. At least not as naive.

Ycharley

"I am Orenda," She spoke softly, she was trying to decide if she wanted to tell him why she stayed out in the wild or not. She sighed and looked down, "I'm out here because I live in Connloath, and I, well I," She started to babble, not sure how he would react, or if she should continue. "Never mind, its just how it has to be for me, my parents are dead so this is just how I've had to live," She explained.

She sighed turning her back to him, taking the time to think for a moment. After a few minutes she turned back around to Hael. "Do you think those men made it, or do you think those men got ripped to shreds by that beast?"

wolfie

"It's nice to meet you Orenda. I'm sorry about your parents," he said noticing she didn't explain all. He had a feeling there was something she was hiding, but he couldn't put his finger on what it was. He wasn't sure what to do about this. He could call her on it, but thought better of it.

"I'm sure a pretty gal like you could find some place to stay though. Just saying you don't have to say anything about that. I'm sure you have your reasons for being on your own. If I can help in any way I'd be more than happy to," he said knowing that she might brush him off again. He didn't want her to.

"One or two might have made it won't know for certain though," he said shrugging it off. He wasn't worried about them. Her on the other hand she worried him a lot. It wasn't natural for her to be out here like this. While it bothered him there just wasn't anything he could do about it. Sure he had his reasons for taking to the forests. Something dawned on him just then.

"You in some kind of trouble?"

Ycharley

Her eyes widened slightly, did he have some psychic ability too. "Well, um, I could easily be, you see. Using magic is strictly banned in Connloath, and if you are born a mage, or with any magic ability you are suppose to be reported to the church. Well I haven't been, and if anyone ever finds out, well lets just say I'll be in trouble..." She turned to him, placing her pointed finger back on his chest.

"If you tell anyone, anybody, or anything, I will make you regret it and trust me I can, do you want me to show you just so your not tempted, and I mean, down even tell an imaginary friend okay!" She said in a forced whisper, half glaring up at him.

She didn't know what it was about him that just made her spill her guts like that but she liked it. She felt so free. Well at least in that moment, and with him.