Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wanderings and Surprises

Started by wolfie, December 13, 2012, 08:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

He listened to what she was saying. So she was in some kind of trouble. He understood and sighed knowing what his position was. He wondered if he should tell her about his stint as a youth. It hadn't lasted long, and he didn't want to lie to her.

"Well technically we could say that the church has been notified. I didn't last long but I was in training to be a monk at one point in time. If that helps any. I won't be turning you in though that would be a waste of everyone's time," he said kinda shrugging it off. He had no interest in making trouble for anyone.

Hael was relieved she finally told him her secret. He wasn't sure what prompted her to just out with it, but hey whatever it was made things easier. He could relate on the whole parent thing, but wasn't sure if that was all. It certainly made things more understandable about her life on the run. She couldn't just settle down some place as if everything was hunky dory.

There was one thing he wanted to do. He wasn't sure what was stopping him. He sighed and leaned down placing a kiss on her cheek. He wanted to reassure her that it was safe to be around him. He meant nothing by the kiss on the cheek other than a friendly tone.

"If you'd like I can help you get to a new location. I also wouldn't mind if you wanted to stick around the forest for awhile. Up to you though," he stated moving back a little. He wasn't the type to push himself on anyone.

Ycharley

Orenda placed her hand on her cheek. She wasn't use to any affection, where that be friendly or other wise. "Well I hope you weren't in that church, where you kill people for using the gifts the gods gave them," Orenda said with a slight shrug.

She looked down, thinking about what her next move would be. This man seemed nice enough, he was as much of a gentleman that one could expect to meet out in the middle of the woods. So finally she shrugged.

"I don't really have anywhere I'm heading, I can't stay anywhere too long, people start to notice, not matter how hard I try to hide it. I'm fine with the woods, as I said, that's where I spend most of my time," She spoke softly, massaging her temple.

"If you want to split ways or stay together, I really don't care," She spoke with another shrug.

wolfie

Hael sighed and shrugged, "haven't the foggiest I left pretty quick in the training. Went home to find my mother dead and home burned. It's why I decided to live here."

He thought more about how he was so alone in the beginning. He hadn't a friend and had to learn on his feet and from animals. The forest was a good teacher, but he could have used a human friend in those days. He saw the same in this woman.

"The woods are a great place to be nobody to bug you unless you want them to with a few rare occasions. I'd be honored to stay with you would also make helping you out of jams easier," he said chuckling a little.

"I also offer my services in helping in any way possible. If you need a test subject to help reign in those powers I'd be more than willing."

Ycharley

"You don't even know what my powers are, how do you know that I don't have reign over my abilities?" She began to question. She was almost insulted that he thought she couldn't control her powers.

Orenda was glad that he didn't ask more about her parents and all of the past that she wanted to forget. "I'm pretty good at getting myself out of jams, those guys weren't the first that I had ran into. I've come out unscathed and untouched so far," She said with a smile.

"Would you like me to show you my abilities?" She asked him with a soft smile, hoping he would say yes.

wolfie

"Then why are you hiding from the church? If you had it completely under control you wouldn't need to hide in the forest," he said showing logic and that he had paid attention to what she was saying.

"Oh I see how it works. I can't tease a lady about anything now," he said shaking his head. He knew there were certain things you didn't tease a woman about, but he hadn't gone into any of those. He knew better thanks to the lady who helped raise him.

"I was hoping you'd do just that. I'd love to see what these abilities can do."

Ycharley

Orenda looked up at him in thought, thinking about what she would have him do. She decided that it would be something simple. She reached up and touched his cheek, her fingers lighting tracing the scar down his cheek. A warm tingling sensation started to radiate from her touch as she looked him in the eyes. "You going to get on your knees," She said simply, not removing her hand as she watched him get on his knees in front of her. He would be able to talk, but not much else as her control radiated through him.

"See, this is why I can't let them know about my gift," She said simply while he was still down on his knees.

wolfie

Hael noticed that she touched his scar. Nobody had done that before. He went to his knees wondering about this. She seemed more powerful than he could have imagined. It surprised him that she could reduce him to his knees without a second thought about it.

"I see someone might think you are trying to control them when you mean no harm. Is there a reason you placed me on my knees? You have a height complex? Perhaps there is more between us than you want to show and couldn't help it?" He said teasing her still. He wasn't going to show that he was scared. This disturbed him but he wasn't about to let anyone know.

"This could do some good though. Evil reduced simply with a touch and a word. There is always good with that that seems horrible we just have to find it," he said hoping she would see that this could be a blessing. He had a feeling it would take more than a few words though for her to see it as more than a curse.

"Is there a reason you touched my scar?"

Ycharley

Orenda pulled her hand away slowly with a sigh, giving him full control of his body. "I can do what ever I want to someone, if I want to forget who they are, or hurt or kill themselves..." She trailed off sadly. She took a deep breath sharply.

"I placed you on your knees because that was the first thing that came to mind, but you are quite taller then me when your standing," She spoke, her words gently. She knew he was scared, she could feel it, especially when she was touching him. She looked down, crossing her arms slightly so he wouldn't thank that she was going to try to touch him and control him again.

"If the church found out they would either kill me or use me to do there bidding, I would be the biggest political tool ever. I don't want to be a piece in the game of politics," She confessed, she feared it, she didn't want to be used.

"I touch your scar because it intrigued me, it its self is almost hypnotizing. It makes your face more attractive then it would be with out it," She admits looking down, she didn't know what made her say it. It was the truth, but  she would usually never say that. A soft pink blush flooded her face.

wolfie

He was a little relieved to not have her touching him like that. He understood though why someone wouldn't want to be around her. He thought for a second after he had control of himself again to bolt out of there. He decided against it though she needed him whether she thought so or not.

"If you need me shorter asking works too," he said still teasing a little. He winked at her staying on his knees for now. He didn't really need to stand just then as he listened to the forest. He noted she was speaking gently.

"You don't have to distance yourself from me. I remember that earlier you held my hand but you weren't controlling me to run with you. I can tell the difference there was some strange feeling when you were controlling me but it wasn't there when we were running," he said not moving. She wasn't that far from him and he was glad.

"I know they would. It's one of the reasons I left among other things. I won't tell anyone about this I understand the need for privacy," he said hoping to reassure her. He would take this to the grave if she wanted him to.

"Why does it intrigue you? It's just a scar I got in a fight when I was younger," he said not understanding it. He liked what she said about his looks though. He noticed she was blushing as well.

"Thank you," he said not sure what else to say about her complimenting him. Nobody had ever said he looked good before. There was a first for everything, and he hoped he would give her a first.

"Do you require a shelter for the woods?"

Ycharley

"I can control my power, I can touch someone and not control or influence them, or course it wasn't always like that," she said her face flashing sadness. There was clearly stories behind that statement. Things she wish she could erase or forget.

She remembered how she had erased people's memories, she often wished she could erase her own. "It's much more fun to just make you do it. You can't say no if I have influence over you," she teased back with a soft smile. She was starting to grown fond of this man. He was nice and was able to put a smile on her face.

"I know you scared of me though, I could feel your fear, that's also apart of my ability. Thanks though, for not running away," she said, a sad look in her eyes. She had had several people run out of her life because of the cursed gift.

"I will need a shelter, I just hope it doesn't rain tonight," she spoke softly, looking down at him as he kneeled before her.

wolfie

He could tell he made her sad. It wasn't his intent to do so. He hated making people sad. He was glad when she teased back. She made things feel better with just being around and her words. Sure she could do more, but he wasn't worried about that just then.

"You'd be surprised what I might be willing to do by just being asked," he said winking at her again. He smiled up at her wondering if perhaps he was meant to be there that day. He wouldn't have met her if he was some place else.

"Well yeah a little. I was more scared of that animal though when it jumped out attacking the men behind us. Fear is part of life just like sadness or happiness," he said as if it was nothing. He could tell she needed him to stick around. Truth be told he liked her and wanted to stick around for awhile.

"I'm not the best builder in the world, but a shelter you shall have," he said and got up to go searching for the right pieces of wood and vines to tie them together. He knew how to make a lean to and wanted one for her. He could sleep outside under the stars even in the rain, but he wouldn't have her do so.

He wasn't gone long before be brought back the right materials. He tied together the branches he found with the vines. When he was done he leaned it against a tree. It wasn't much, but it would keep her dry for the evening. He was pleased with it and sat down to be shorter than her again. He looked over at her smiling.

Ycharley

Orenda looked down at him with a smile that reached her eyes. Her face changed when she smiled, it beamed with life, nearly radiated joy. She reached her hand down, not sure f he'd take it or not. "You can stand up, you don't have to stay down there, there are few people you should kneel to and I'm not one of them," She spoke, her voice holding slight amusement.

She looked at the little lean to he had made for her. She still couldn't understand why a complete stranger was being so nice. She had never encountered someone like him before. Most people did something only because they would expect something in return, was he expecting something from her?

She sighed, pushing the thoughts away, she wanted to be optimistic and enjoyed this why it lasted, if he turned out to have anything but noble intentions she would deal with it once she found out. She didn't want to assume anything though. Maybe there were those knights in shining armor so to speak.

wolfie

He took her hand when she offered it. Hearing what she said he smiled up at her.

"I know you said I was taller and thought it would be nice if you didn't have to always look up to talk to me. I'll vary it from time to time so it doesn't seem like you are always looking down at me as well. I also like sitting on the ground. Unless you wanted to move farther into the forest I thought I'd make camp," he said figuring she would also want a fire. He wasn't going to make one though unless she required it.

He watched as she looked over the lean to. He heard her sigh thinking maybe she wasn't happy with it. He knew he should have built something better, but his skills weren't much when it came to shelter. He usually slept outside under the canopy and stars instead of building a shelter. It was only in the winter did he make anything to help him keep warm. Hael also knew it was different concerning females.

"Sorry I'd make better if I knew how."

Ycharley

Orenda followed Hael's line of sight, turning back to look up at him. "Oh no, it's fine," She said, trying to be somewhat reassuring in her words. She wasn't sighing about the shelter, it looked fine.
"And you can stay standing, it's fine. Really," She spoke with a soft smile. She looked around, she usually liked moving a little further from the road, but figured it would be alright for that night.

She had a big strong man protecting her, the thought brought a smile to her face.  "I'll gather some wood for a small fire, I don't know about you but I get cold. Just another fall back of being small," She said with a shrug.

Orenda started walking around, picking small dry pieces of wood that were laying on the ground. She hummed softly to herself. Her mind on collecting wood, she wasn't paying any attention to him as she continued to fill her arms with wood. She didn't look back to him until she filled her arms with enough wood for that night.

wolfie

He heard what she said and nodded glad to be standing again. There were times though he did like to just sit around though listening to the forest around him. He couldn't remember the last time he enjoyed the company of another human like he did Orenda.

He let her go gather some wood as he placed his pack nearby. He wondered what they should eat for dinner wondering if she was getting hungry. As she was gathering wood he looked around knowing there wasn't anything in his pack to help with that. He usually hunted for his food knowing who to take among the animals and who to leave behind. He walked over to where she stood looking back at him. He smiled and approached her easy enough.

"I'm going to find us some food. I'll be back shortly," he said hoping she would be okay til he got back. He wouldn't go far listening to the animals around him. There were several birds nearby but there wouldn't be enough meat on them for him let alone for her too. He sighed and thought maybe a couple of rabbits that were nearby. He just didn't know how much food she required.

A little later he brought back two rabbits and two squirrels. He could easily make some kind of stew out of this little bit. He wasn't sure what to place with it though. He had a carrot he was saving for a fellow rabbit friend that could be of some use in the stew. He didn't have anything else though. It was rare he was thinking of feeding more than himself.

"I thought maybe make a stew of the carrot and these animals. I don't usually carry much."

Ycharley

"I don't have a pot, when ever I'm lucky enough to get meat I usually just roast it over the fire," She said with a soft smile, pulling out a half loaf of bread. "Here we can share this," She said offering him some.

While Hael was gone she had gotten a small fire going and she sat close to it, glad to have it and absorbing the heat with a smile. She wondered if he got cold. She knew women had more of a tendency to, but still she wondered.

She looked back up to him from the fire. "If you have a pot, I will fix a stew, but I just don't have a pot," She said looking at the rabbits and squirrels. She wondered how much he was going to eat because she wouldn't be able to eat half of that. 

wolfie

"Roasting is fine wasn't sure how you were used to eating. I don't have a pot either I could rig up something though if you want stew," he said placing the animals near the fire not so close that they would be ruined though.

He was glad she got a fire going. He was more and more amazed at how well she took to the forest. Most people just passed through. It was a pleasant surprise when he tried to come to her rescue. Now he was glad he had done that. He had a bit of a companion for the short while she would be with him. He wasn't sure how long she would put up with him or how long she planned to stay in the forest. There were just too many unknowns about this female.

"I'm happy to eat them any which way. Do you need me to skin them for you?"

Ycharley

"You can if you want, up to you, I'm not afraid to skin them or something if that's what you think," She said with a soft smile. She wondered about him, why was he so nice. What had he gone through that had created someone so perfect.

She knew that his mom had died, she remembered him telling her that, but her mother had died too. Maybe that's what it was, maybe the great loss changed people, especially when it happened to someone young. You learn not to take anyone or anything for granted.

"So tell me about yourself, it would be nice to know the person who I will be sharing the camp with," She said with a playful smile. 

wolfie

"Would mind doing it I have something I want to make the skins out of," he said sitting down with his knife. He knew what he was doing and hoped that the hides would turn out beautifully. He wasn't about to share what he was going to make she would just have to be surprised. He felt like a kid at Christmas except it was in reverse - instead of being excited to get he was excited to give.

"Not saying you aren't capable of doing this either," he put in knowing she was very capable. She managed to stay away from disaster and stay free from the church finding her. She hadn't been caught, but he wasn't sure how long it had been since she started her travelings.

"Okay but only if you tell me something of yourself too," he said not wanting this to be one sided. He handed her the meat once he had it skinned. He placed the hides near the fire but just enough to harden them a little. He wanted them to be malleable for what he had in mind.

"I don't know what you seek to know about me. I lived in the forest for awhile until a lord found me and took me in. I always felt the forest was my home though no matter what. I am grateful to the lord though I learned my style of fighting from his teachings. Not only that but I learned many lessons from his son too."

Ycharley

She placed the meat of sticks and got them going over the fire while she listened to him. She smiled softly, finding the moment nice. She watched him with the skins, seeing he was very skilled with a knife. She was glad to be on his good side, and wouldn't want to be found on his bad.

"what would you like to know about me?" She asked after he gave her the vague story of his life.
"I grew up in a normal Connloath home with several brothers and sisters, my parents died and I left. I stay in the woods a lot, I lived in a town for a few months, but things didn't work out," She spoke, giving him a vague story of her life as well.

The smell of the cooking meat was amazing, making her stomach growl softly. A small blush flooded her face, hoping he didn't hear her stomach.