Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wild Ones Together

Started by wolfie, December 15, 2012, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Alerri was getting used to everything new in her life. She liked the house she was staying in and Prim was great company. Sometimes though she just needed to get out and be in the woods. She needed to change and spread her wings. She couldn't wait to do so and when she hit the forest good and deep enough she did just that.

Once she was changed she took to the skies glad to be able to spread her wings. She was roaming grateful for the time in the air. She made sure to be careful not to be seen in this form in the skies. She didn't want to scare anyone who actually lived near Prim.

Once she was on the ground again she changed back making sure she was fully dressed and looking like she was just out for a nice walk. What she didn't know though was someone was around. She felt like she heard someone behind her.

"Hello?" She said hoping none of the guys who carved her up before were back to finish the job.

alex_xr

Aina, an owl,  and Atai, an cougar, were out hunting as Nia had been walking around the woods, She saw a woman and froze before approaching.  Her green wings folding as she tensed up, usually people meant trouble.  "hello?"  She raised a brow, hoping the woman wouldn't try to attack her or... panic and run.. she thought of past experiences with people.  She felt slightly more comfortable, as she got her usual response via telepathy, from Atai, that he was done hunting and nearby.

She crouched a bit ready to flee if needed. She didn't trust most humans.

wolfie

Alerri was ready to flee the scene if needed. There was nothing good in the forest of late except maybe the animals. She thought about sending out her telepathic abilities to see who might be around. She had a feeling whoever it was didn't want to be disturbed. She couldn't help but be curious.

She walked around a bush and found a female crouching nearby. She placed her palms where they could be seen facing the ground showing this person that she wasn't armed. She should have been in this form, but knew she could change and scare away anything trying to harm her.

"It's okay I won't harm you I'm just out for a jaunt in the forest. I'm Alerri," she said hoping giving this being her name would do some good. She wasn't sure if anyone had really heard of her before, and thought maybe it was good that nobody had.

"What are you doing here alone?"

alex_xr

Nia looked at Alerri, wishing that Atai was next to her. " Nia.... " her wings unfolded as she stood up.  she cringed waiting for her to freak out or call her a freak.. or various other responses. She sent a call for Atai to get closer, and  then spoke again, " I.... not alone, With friends"  She loosened up a bit as Atai, took his place next to her.  Nia leaned against Atai, calm now that her friend was here to help protect her.  She had a desparate hope that this lady wasn't mean.

wolfie

"It's nice to meet you Nia," she said knowing that others might make fun of this girl. She wouldn't though. Considering that she too belonged in that category she couldn't utter those words. She also didn't believe anyone should be called a freak.

"I'm glad you have some friends. Perhaps in time you will see me as a friend too," she said keeping her distance when the cougar had arrived. The girl leaned against the animal as if this was natural. Alerri couldn't tell whether or not to be afraid for this girl or just herself or neither. The animal looked like it was there to help the girl not harm anyone without cause.

"Do you live here?"

alex_xr

Nia looked around the woods and nodded. She had calmed down and didn't look so tense or frightened.   She absently stroked Atai with her hand.   "This  Atai,  Atai this Alerri"    She didn't know much about humans, but this one seemed nice. It was unusual which sort of made her tense up a bit but she hoped she was wrong and for once she met a nice woman. She had imagined of making a friend one day.

wolfie

Alerri heard the introduction and was glad that someone was introducing her as if to be friends. She wasn't sure what to make of the girl. She had wings and yet she was human. Alerri thought about doing something similar, but that would require explanation to Prim, which she wasn't ready for.

"Nice to meet you, Atai. Nia, where is your family? How did you end up here?" she said hoping not to frighten the girl. Yes, she was different but that didn't mean Nia couldn't have a nice place to live too. She knew it would take some doing to convince not only Nia to come out of the forest but Prim of allowing such a gal to live with them. She wasn't up for the arguments just then. She had to be tactful about this.

"Nia, do you like living here? Do you sleep under the stars?" She asked still not moving from her spot. She wasn't sure if it was safe just yet considering the cougar. Alerri sat down where she was feeling like she had stood long enough. If Atai was going to do something to her the animal would have done it already. Alerri thought maybe Nia was keeping the cougar from attacking.

alex_xr

Nia smiled " Atai, is family, Aina, too " Aina landed on her shoulder with a hoot  and Nia laughed.  "sleep with Atai... and Aina. " Nia  wasn't sure why she wanted to know so much about her. She slept wherever Atai considered safe.  and she didn't really remember how she got here... She mainly remembered riding Atai around as a little one.  Nia sat on Atai, who rubbed the back of his head on Nia playfully.  Nia scratched his head and leaned forward on Atai, to spread out her weight a bit so Atai didn't roll her off of him.  She wondered what this woman wanted with her, but she seemed nice.

wolfie

She watched Nia with her family. It was good to have someone around. She wondered how often this girl spoke. Hearing it she figured it wasn't often. She couldn't fault the girl for that though. Neither of her family spoke.

"Nia, can you talk with thought?" She asked knowing that if necessary Alerri would show she had this ability herself. It was rare, but this girl had wings. She wanted to get closer to see those wings, but she had a feeling that Atai would stop her.

"Nia, if I get closer to you will Atai try and stop me? I'm not looking to hurt you I was hoping.. I know you might say no. I'm interested in your wings I've seen similar ones before. I understand if you say no I won't unless you allow it," she said not being able to help her curiosity.

alex_xr

Nia laughed at Alerra. " Atai no hurt you"  She turned a bit so her scale covered wings would be easily viewed.  " talk with thought? "  Nia was perplexed She did not know what she meant.  She made sure Atai knew Alerra was friendly,with a mental thought.  She then laughed as Aina  fluttered about as Atai and her moved so Alerra could see her wings. They were obvious draconic, and a detailed look at her skin showed tiny scales with a very very slight green tint. "

wolfie

She was relieved to hear that Atai wouldn't hurt her. She moved closer looking at Nia's wings. She also noted the tiny scales and green tint to the girl's skin. It was amazing. She heard the question wondering how to explain it. She sighed realizing that maybe example was the best way.

Nia, can you hear me? She thought to the girl. Sometimes this was the best way to talk. She had a feeling the girl would be more comfortable talking to her this way. Stronger at least.

"From one mind to another. Your wings are amazing can you fly?" She said getting a little excited. Her secret was safe so far, but she wasn't sure if she should reveal herself to this girl.  She thought maybe nobody had taught her how to fly. Alerri thought about doing so, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

alex_xr

Nia was astounded she spoke back " Hello, You can do this also?  I have never met anyone else who can talk like this! " Nia had a large smile on her face. She could't believe it, the woman could speak like her.  Nia thought about flying.

Nia had seen Arina do it tons of time  but had never tried it her self.  She spoke into Alerri's mind again. " No, I have never flown, Can I? " She figured since this woman was interested in her wings, she probably knew about them.  Maybe she could, and then she could follow Arina around. She smiled at the thought. She hugged Atai, and looked up wondering what the woman would say.

wolfie

Yes Nia, I can do this as well. There is a reason you haven't met anyone else who can do this. she thought wondering just how much she should share. She sighed knowing it was probably now or never.

Have you ever met a dragon? I don't know if you can fly. You'd have to try and see if it's possible I'd like to think you could though. Your wings should be able to lift you some if not all the way in the air. Would you be willing to try? She thought glad for once she didn't have to use her voice to talk. She had missed this as well. Alerri was finding she was missing a lot from her home grateful that she ran into Nia more and more by the second.

alex_xr

Nia thought about it. " no i have seen dragons though.. they usually leave me alone once they notice the wings... I would try to fly, than I could fly with my friend "
she smiled  wondering what on earth this woman could be meaning have you met a dragon.   " have you ever met a dragon? "   She looked at alerri trying to see  her mouth move but realized they were talking with their minds, like she did with her friends.  " How do you know so much?"

wolfie

There it was the questioning. She knew she shouldn't have asked so much of this girl and her wings. She knew there was no way around this she would have to tell her. She sighed knowing it was now or never.

Yes I've met several dragons. I used to live among them for a time, but when my curiosity about humans flared they wouldn't help me learn so I left them. Nia, I'm a dragon in human form. She thought hoping it wouldn't frighten the girl. She gave the girl a minute to think about this let it sink in so she would know the truth.

If you want I could help you learn to fly. All I ask is that you don't tell anyone my secret.

alex_xr

Nia laughed and spoke back in her mind. " Who would I tell? Atai, and Arina ? " Still a dragon? They could do that?  They could look like people...  "Dragons seem nice, they at least don't call me names and throw things at me... they just leave me be... " She had lived around them, they had always ignored her.   The thought of flying, was what took over her mind and soon she was next to Alerra, holding her hand. " You can really teach me to fly? "  She moved her wings around, they were quite large, obviously big enough to lift her.  She smiled at Alerra, as she crouched next to her, the excitement obvious on her face.

wolfie

Alerri chuckled at this and nodded. The girl had her there nobody to really talk to though had taken her attention.

I'll talk to you gladly. I need to come spread my wings from time to time or I get a little rusty and homesick all at once. They did seem nice when I was among them, but it just wasn't enough for me. Oh they do call names I remember those times well enough. She thought shivering a little. She wasn't cold but she didn't like remembering.

Alerri noticed that Nia had taken her hand. She had done something to make the girl like her, and could see how excited she was. It wouldn't be easy for the girl nobody just took off without a few crashes and whatnot.

I can do my best to teach you to fly. I've never really taught anyone before. We'll learn together in this though, me teacher and you to fly. Have you ever done it at all before? Gliding? Floating? She thought knowing she needed this. If Nia knew how to do those then it might be a tad easier on her.

alex_xr

Ni thought about it for a bit, She looked to Atai, and Arina and then remembered I glided once, because I was stuck in a tree she didn't mention how her landing had been.    She was so excited she was nearly jumping up and down. One could tell that she didn't interact much, and had never been this happy before.    You will really come see me?

Nia couldn't believe it that some one had said they would visit her and teach her how to fly. She desperatly hoped it wasn't a trick. Her heart wouldn't be able to take another nasty trick after the one that guy had done. She shivered at the thought of it but then remembers she was going to fly and went back to her excited self. 

wolfie

Alerri was glad this girl had something to be excited over. She listened when the woman thought to her knowing it was important to be tentative to this girl. Nia didn't have anyone else to talk to unless it was the animals around her. She wasn't sure it was good to only have animals to talk to all day every day.

Of course I will. I will be able to spread my wings and have fun in the air along side you. She thought smiling. It was every day she found someone she could fly with. Most dragons just wanted to fight in the air or out fly each other. She hated that.

Good that you glided. Don't worry about how you landed you hadn't done it before then. I don't expect you to be perfect right out of the box this is brand new to you. You do have to beat your wings to get up there, but then gliding and soaring with the wind help. Most of the time in the air I let the wind do the work, but I am careful not to get too high up. Let me change and we can get started if you like. She thought knowing it might be more than the girl was used to. There was a time for firsts and today was Nia's.

alex_xr

Nia smiled she was estatic, She beat her wings a bit, to no effect, She wasn't use to controlling them so much.  Sure, I would love to start,  if you don't mind. I would hate to be a bother. Nia tried moving her wings some more. She had to get better at that if she wanted anything.  Nia laughed as a bit of smoke went out her nose.  She smiled and blew a bit of fire, at the ground trying not to start anything on fire.  That was better, Every once in a while her stomach acted up and she would have to release some fire, though surely everyone was like that.  She had never seen it but then again she didn't see many people. 

Nia smiled and tried moving her wings some more, getting ready for the time to come to fly, backing up waiting to see what Alerri looked like.