Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wild Ones Together

Started by wolfie, December 15, 2012, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Alerri watched as Nia beat her wings together a little. She wanted to point something out, but waited. It would be better to show the young halfling in this. She sighed wondering if she would be a good teacher to this gal. She hoped to.

No bother my friend won't be home until tomorrow actually. I'll be right back. She thought a little embarrassed that the girl might see her before she transformed. She never wanted to ruin her clothing so she kept them in a safe place she could always come back to. She walked around the bend and looked around. Quickly she stashed her clothing and transformed. Walking on four again she went around the bend to where the girl waited.

Okay time for lesson one. You were beating but not hard enough and it has to be in unison if you want to get off the ground. She thought not sure what the girl would think of her large form. She was young still and not quite as large as most dragons get. Her orange scales shown greatly. She was roughly as tall as a large house just then, but knew that dragons grew to be much larger still. She didn't want to intimidate the girl, and was rather taken with the fact that Nia could blow fire.

Perhaps you could teach me a thing or two as well. I'm not able to breath fire yet. She thought a little impressed. It was no easy task she had heard.

alex_xr

Nia was perplexed at her absence but shrugged it off. She waited praticing with her wings.  You do them at the same time...  and harder ok, and you mean everyone can't do that? I thought everyone had to let out a bit of fire sometimes... I mean other wise how do you stop the smoke from building up out of your nose.. or mouth...     Nia shrugged and was amazed at how big she was. She wanted to climb on her, like she did Atai.  She laughed and  focused on beating her wings together.. if she couldn't do that there would be no use beating harder.   They kept beating slightly irregularly no matter how hard she tried.   She tried beating harder and ended up on the ground shortly after.

wolfie

Alerri watched as Nia was beating her wings. They weren't quite together in that. She knew this wouldn't be an easy task. She laid down on the ground getting comfortable for now. So far Nia was reacting as expected of someone learning to fly.

No I can't breath fire yet. I was told I'm not developed enough in that area and to give it some time I don't think enough has passed just yet though. I look forward to that day. It will mean I'll be one step closer to being an adult dragon. She thought back. Talking in this form was way easier than anything she was trying to learn with Prim.

That was close. It's not as easy as it looks when beginning, but you'll get it. Listen more to your heart beating it beats in such a rhythm that helps when trying to flap the wings together. She thought trying to help the girl. It was more than any dragon had done for her. Yet if they hadn't been mean and hard on her she wouldn't have met Prim or Nia. She had mixed feelings about this.

alex_xr

Nia smiled  Your not an adult dragon yet?  How do you know your one?  a certain age? certain abilities?    Nia tried to focus on the sound of her heart. She could tell she was closer but  as soon as she beat harder she was on the ground and dirty again. She absent mindedly fixed her scraps of clothing as they had moved since her several falls.   She kept falling and decided to be rid of the stuff. She then focused on trying to fly, almost flying but ultimatly ending up on the ground. She didn't pay attention to the fact she was nude, she didn't  care, she only wore that stuff because someone at some point had told her too. and in this instance it wasn't praticical.   Nia sat down a bit, dirt caking to her sweating body. She kept falling...  She rested for a moment laying on Atai, and catching her breath.

wolfie

Well being able to breath fire and ice is natural for an adult dragon. No I'm not an adult yet I haven't been out of the egg long enough to be considered much in age. I'm not sure if its age or abilities or both. Nobody ever answered that question for me. She thought noticing that Nia was taking a break.

Alerri wondered if perhaps she should try to get some clothing for the girl. It didn't hurt to be prepared for anyone finding you in the forest. She was prepared just then if someone did happen upon them. A dragon would be reported in the area and she would have to be careful for when she was in dragon form. Any other time she would be safe. So far nobody had found out.

Would you like to feel what it's like to fly? I could take you up on my back to show you. She offered not sure what the girl would say. Flying was flying no matter who was doing the work.

alex_xr

Nia's eyes lit up  Would i? Your so  nice and  are your sure?  you won't drop me will you? or take me away from Atai and Arina right?  She was attached to this girl, she was here 3rd friend and the only one who wasn't an animal. Alerri might not realize that but  nia had never bonded with another like this.    Nia was up and near by Alerri, ready to try to get up or where ever Alerria wanted her to be. She put on her scraps of clothing if for nothing but it looked like it might be uncomfortable naked on her scales... not realizing that her skin was fine, as it was tough like hers.  Nia was practically jumping up and down. She couldn't believe she would get to ride on a dragon.

wolfie

Alerri chuckled seeing the girl's eyes light up. She could tell it would be easy to know when the girl was pleased. Much easier than any human she had found.

I won't drop you I am sure. Well to fly I will have to temporarily take you away from Atai, but I promise to return you. Arina can come with us if desired. If not I understand not every creature likes dragons. She thought grateful when Nia put her clothing back on. She realized she was spending too much time with Humans she was starting to think like them.

Up you go. She thought and helped to boost the girl onto her back. She knew it wouldn't be easy if Nia didn't hold onto her.

Hang onto me any which way you can. If you think you need assistance we can get some vines to help you hang on. Are you ready to be among the clouds?

alex_xr

Nia clung to Alerria and once she was sure she was fine she tried to move a bit finding the spot where she could hold on with her legs and arms.   Nia then laughed as Arina exclaimed her point by  hooting and landing right next to Atai.    Arina doesn't want to go, but I am ready when you are,   your amazing!    Nia couldn't believe her luck a friend, and a dragon to boot. She seemed to know about nia's nature, which was a first.. most just threw rocks at her or called her a freak or ran.... or all three. she was so glad she had made a friend who didn't do any of those things.  She held on for dear life not sure how much of a hold she needed until they were up.

wolfie

Alerri chuckled again. She hadn't had this much fun in awhile. Lately it had all been her learning something. She didn't mind that in fact she liked to learn and found that fun too. This was just a different kind of fun.

Well hopefully your family will come to like me in time. Here we go let me know if you feel you are slipping. She thought and spread her wings. She started flapping them together in unison like she was trying to tell Nia earlier. It worked easier that way. It wasn't long before they were leaving the ground behind.

Alerri didn't say anything as they were headed for the sky. She knew she shouldn't be seen by others, but she wanted to show Nia so much. Up the went toward the green of the canopy. Alerri knew there were certain places in the forest and up the mountains that Humans didn't travel. She sought out those paths.

You okay up there? She thought after not hearing anything from Nia. She was worried. Part of her hoped the girl was taking notes on how to fly, but she had a feeling there was just too much to see and feel for the girl to remember to do something like that. She didn't fault her for it flying was amazing.

alex_xr

Nia's eyes were everywhere, She couldn't believe the view she had from up here. It was so exciting to see the forest she had called her home from up here. Everything looked so small. Everything is fine I can't wait till I can fly like you

Nia was holding on tight and looking both ways  her head and eyes moving in all directions as she tried to take it in.  That was when it happened. Her wings spread absently as she took in the sights and the wind picked them up and the next thing she knew she was in the air.  To Nia's credit she spread them and tried to glide a bit, it was when she tried to move them in any other direction that she started to plunge.  She managed to save her plunge but now she was stuck going in a straight line for a side of the mountian.  She cringed and wondered which was worse dropping or crashing into the mountain    HELP!

wolfie

Alerri was enjoying her time in the air with her new friend. She chuckled again and sighed. Soon enough you will be. She thought. She wasn't sure where the girl had plucked up the courage to try her wings again, but she was surprised. She heard the cry for help.

Don't panic and relax a little. Part of flying is making mistakes and learning from them. I'm right here, Nia, so just glide. This is where I use my tail to guide me through the air. We might have to figure that out differently with you. Try using your body to angle yourself one way or the other. I won't let you crash into the mountain or hit the ground. I'm not that far from you. Alerri thought hoping she was being helpful in this. Truthfully she could snatch the girl from the air any second, but Nia wouldn't learn that way.

Trust yourself, Nia.

alex_xr

Na had a tail... but she had learned she could shrink it. She didn't know how, but most of the time it could appear to not be there .It would go back out when she slept, but now was a time to call it back out. She took a deep breath, and tried to use her tail and body to turn. It worked! She turned!  She went a little higher with the beat of her wings, and she smiled looking around knowing she was carrying her self this time.

I am sorry, I was suddenly yanked off of you some how....  I am not sure how. 

wolfie

Alerri was pleasantly surprised by the girl suddenly having a tail. She knew it would be a great help in flying especially when Nia suddenly turned. She heard what the girl said and shook her head.

Don't worry about that. The wind is a tricky thing at best sometimes. You don't always have to flap up here, but if you aren't careful the wind will take you too high and then you'll wish you knew how to get down. The wind can raise you and it can help you fall as well. If your wings are going with the faster air you will raise up. To go downward you need to fly against the wind. You won't need to flap which will save your muscles for when there is no wind at all. She thought not sure when she had learned this. Nobody had taught her it was just something he noticed one day while she was flying along.

Also keep your wings looking the same. You'll have a smoother glide if they are at the same level the whole time. I know this is a lot at once. I'll repeat if I need to. She thought to the girl watching her carefully. This was the time for the girl to experiment to try anything because Alerri was there to catch her if necessary. The dragon was gliding right next to the girl.

alex_xr

Nia couldn't believe it, she was flying. She was really flying!  She couldn't believe it.   Nia tried to ride the wind up a bit and then down trying to get the hang of it. She held her wings at the same positions and tried to spin a bit, before dropping a few feet, and realizing she shouldn't try that.  Nia had a huge smile on her face as she suprisingly didn't screw up her flight. If only she could get the taking off part and landing part now....

wolfie

Alerri watched the girl gliding around. She was getting the hang of this. She noticed the girl had tried to spin a bit while gliding. She knew there would be some hot dogging while the girl was in the air it was only natural to try all manner of stunts.

She stayed close enough thinking she might be needed. There was no telling when one got into trouble in the air. She had crashed enough times to know that. It helped that she was sure of the air right then. It seemed safe enough for them to be up there. Nobody was around so she didn't have to worry about hunters. She shivered thinking about that aspect of this. They usually shot anything down.

Are you okay? That spin looked interesting. Let me know when you are ready to land. We'll attempt that together too. She thought pleased that Nia had taken so well to the air. She knew at the end of this though she would have to tell the girl not to fly without her around. At least for awhile at any rate something could go wrong and she didn't want to see her new friend hurt.

alex_xr

Nia grew tired, her wings weren't use to being used so much. She was having to work at keeping them up at this point.  I think its time to try to land, and I am fine just a bit tired   Nia wasn't lookign forward to this next part, the whole landing thing still scared her. She remembered last time she glided and she had crashed down into soem trees, scratiching her self up so badly that Atai had yelled at her.   She remembered how concerned her friends were last time she had landed.  She didn't want to worry them and put them through that again. Nia prepared her self to follow any instructions.  she was glad that Alerri could talk in her mind, it was so much easier than saying it outloud... people always laughed at her for her talking... 

wolfie

Alerri could tell the girl was getting tired out. It was easy to do when one was flying for long periods of time. She also knew Nia hadn't really done this but once before. She would have to build up her wings with practice before she could go long distances. It was one of the reasons that Alerri went to the forest to fly so she wouldn't lose the muscle tone.

Okay landing isn't that rough. You may have crashed in the past, but don't let that stop you. I'm going to land first to show you how its done, and if you crash so you have something somewhat softer to land on. She thought hoping she wasn't scaring the girl. Crashing was just part of learning. Alerri herself had crashed many times before she managed to land right.

Okay you will want to turn your wings toward the wind to help you slow down. The closer to the ground you get you'll want your legs a little more straight as if you were going to stand. Have your knees bent so you don't hurt your legs. Don't just close your wings that's how you crash. When you are pretty close to the ground tilt your wings up just enough to continue to help you slow down. Once you touch the ground walk a bit and close those wings. She thought not sure how else to describe a landing.

Alerri went in first. She landed easy enough and stayed in a nice area laying down. She was a great target in case Nia was going to crash. It would be better than the girl landing in a tree or on a rock. She hoped that Nia pulled off the landing.

alex_xr

Nia, began to turn with Alerri, She gulped not wanting to do this part.  She began to flex her knees.  She had to do this right she thought.  She tried to aim for Alerri, so that she just hit her if nothing else.   Nia smiled as she noticed she was slowing down.  It was working. She looked at the nearing down with her bravest face and decided she was going to do this.  That was when she touched down. Except she didn't stop... her legs now moving and her wings moving she had too much momentum, She was going to crash.. into Alerri, She cringed as she  headed straight towards her large dragon self.

wolfie

Alerri watched Nia coming closer to the ground. The girl was slowing down and flexing her legs. She was glad to see Nia using some sense in this. Alerri hadn't thought to flex her legs that first time and had crashed badly. She wasn't about to tell that to Nia though.

She noticed that Nia was still moving when she hit the ground her legs mostly. She sighed knowing the mistake that was made and that it was too late to fix it. She waited until Nia hit right into her stopping completely. Alerri had turned the moment she knew that Nia would crash into her letting the girl hit her soft underbelly instead of her rough scales.

Are you alright, Nia? Don't worry about me I'm fine you can't hurt me. When you go to land pull your wings into you so they don't keep you going. She thought to Nia knowing that was the only mistake made. She was proud of the gal having landed without too much trouble.

I think you should rest now. You aren't used to flying for long periods of time but with practice you will be. Please don't try to fly without me anything could happen and I don't want to see you hurt.

alex_xr

Nia smiled at Alerri hugging her underbelly. Your so nice...  I am fine, I won't don't worry flying is alot of work.   Nia smiled as her friends came running  and flying towards her. She laughed at Atai, and jumped on him playfully.  Her tail slowly retracted somewhere... Nia didn't like to think what happened to it.   Nia looked at Alerri, wondering about her. " Where.... you... live.... "  wanting to practice her talking.