Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wild Ones Together

Started by wolfie, December 15, 2012, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Alerri chuckled at the expression on Nia's face. She didn't like the candy that much was plain. She was going to warn the girl about the sweetness, but didn't have a chance. If Nia had taken only one that might have been better. Oh well lesson learned. I just hope she isn't completely ruined on candy. She thought not sharing this with the girl.

"Nia, have you seen these?" She asked hoping to steer the girl back over to where she was. She looked like she was ready to leave. Alerri couldn't have the girl leaving just yet though. She was beckoning the girl to come look at some beads. The thought was a necklace, but it was just a thought. Nia did like shiny things like rocks.

alex_xr

Nia saw the necklaces and wondered what they were, they were pretty, like her rocks, but she didn't get them. She looked at Alerri in confusion.    what about them? they are pretty like shiny rocks....  She looked at the beads and picked up some.. and then she picked one up. It was small and then she put it back down losing patience with Alerri, why did she want Nia to look at these things? She didn't know but she did know she wanted to go to their next adventure.

wolfie

Alerri thought this was going well. Nia was looking interested in the necklaces, but then again she looked bored. She sighed not sure what to expect now. They had a couple of things for Nia in this shop. It must be time to pay and leave.

Is everything okay, Nia? Is there anything else you want from this shop? She thought to the girl. She figured she would ask for one last time before leaving this place. She had a feeling Nia was ready for a new setting.

alex_xr

Nia put it down,  I am done, if you are     Nia hurridly  went to the shop keeper waiting for Alerri. "Thank you, sir"   She managed to get out as she tried to hold herself still. Why did she struggle so  much at seeming normal.   She tried to keep it up though as she struggled and managed to stay still for the most part.  "Thank you Alerri" She said as the man gave her the sum and waited for payment.

wolfie

Alerri wondered where they would head next. She went up to the man behind the counter and paid for the purchases. They still had plenty of coins left. She sighed and followed Nia outside. They had spent a very short time in that shop even though it might have seemed like forever. She kept the coin bag for now thinking that a better idea than placing it in Nia's new bag. She put the clothing inside of it.

"Here you wear the strap over your shoulder," she said instructing the girl. She was looking around waiting for Nia to take the bag from her.

"Where did you want to explore next?"

alex_xr

Nia put on the bag over her shoulder, not use to it but trying to live with it. " ok, lets go to that place!" She pointed to the smith, who was slaving over a sword. " He looks like he does exciting things!"  She walked forward quickly and wanted to get there fast, but she slowed down waiting for Alerri. what does he do?   She wondered if Alleri knew as she didin't sometimes.

wolfie

Alerri followed Nia not sure exactly why the girl wanted to see this man. They didn't have a horse or need for a sword. She just did what the girl wanted for now. The man looked very busy so she didn't say anything to bother him. She hoped that Nia would follow suit.

"Nia, is there something you want from the smith?" She asked not sure what else to say or do. This guy makes swords and horseshoes. He also fixes and makes armor. She thought to the girl so that Nia would sound like she knew what she was talking about.

alex_xr

nia wondered swords and hoseshoes? horses don't wear shoes silly, and what is a sword.. and armor?   She smiled as she looked over example of his works, looking at the large knives and various other things.  This man seemed very busy, she didn't want to bother him as she tried to stay out of the way. 

Nia smiled at Alerri, and pointed to the sword not wanting to touch it. why would someone need such a large knife?

wolfie

Alerri wondered if this was what she was like when she was so curious about things. She smiled. Horses do wear shoes just not like ours their feet need protection too. Swords and armor are used in fighting. While dragons breath fire humans do not. They use these to defend themselves against their enemies.

If you want to protect yourself we can get you one. I don't think you need it though as you are always protected. She thought to the girl wondering if perhaps she should have one. Alerri didn't know if that would make any difference if she was wandering alone and happened on a bad person again. She suspected it wouldn't help.

alex_xr

Nia stood memorized by the work of the smith, as she listened to  Alerri. She shook her head, she had never seen shoes on a horse... and  she had no use for a sword. She hoped the man didn't think her strange, it was just interesting  to watch him heat up the metal, and pound it in to shape, and seem to form some thing out of it.  She then looked to Alerri and wondered where to go.

wolfie

Alerri noticed that Nia was enjoying just watching him. She wondered more about the girl. She didn't seem to like jewelry so there was no reason to head into a shop like that. She sighed not sure where to take the girl next. They seemed to just be wandering. She then got an idea.

"Come, Nia, I want to show you something," she said waiting for the girl to follow her. It wasn't long before they were moving again. She headed two doors down from the blacksmith. She opened the door and went inside. She thought maybe Nia might like this. Around them were dolls, jacks and ball, and all assortment of toys that might be imaginable.

alex_xr

Nia was astounded all of these different things that looked like they were meant to be played with. She remembered seeing small children play with these things or caryying them. She began exploring  and soon had some sort of wooden mechenism that moved in a way that amazed Nia. She was like a kid in a toy store... oh wait..

wolfie

Alerri was watching Nia. The girl seemed intrigued by the things around them. She thought maybe just maybe she had brought the girl to the right area. She saw the wooden thing Nia had. She wasn't sure what it was or what to do with it.

She's lucky to be able to have toys like this to experiment and play with. I never had this as a child. I wonder if perhaps I could have left earlier maybe I could have had this as well. Oh well nothing I can do about that the past is the past. She thought glad that Nia was happy.

alex_xr

Nia was having fun, playing with the toys exploring what they did and things, it was an adventure, she had never seen such things so each new toy she picked up brought a new joy as she discovered what it did and didn't do. Nia had never seen such things as these toys.  She was probably making a scene for someone her age... but she didn't notice she was fascinated.     Alerri! these things are so.... I don't know the word  they are.... fun!  

wolfie

Alerri was watching the girl. It delighted her to see Nia loving every toy she played with. She just hoped the girl could only pick one or two and not try to buy out the entire store. She knew they had enough for it, but she wasn't sure how they would store all the toys. Nia's sack just wasn't big enough.

I'm glad you are having fun. Is there a couple you'd like to have? She asked knowing that there were several places they still could visit before heading home. They also didn't need to see everything in one day. She was sure she would have to get Nia home soon enough or her family would seek her out. That was the last thing she wanted.

alex_xr

"where would I put them?  " She said looking at a wood top,  It was small enough to  carry perhaps she could have that one,  She sighed not wanting to get something for herself.   She had gotten so much already. She put the top down and  prepared to leave, she didn't want to play anymore, it was to tempting and she didn't want to burden her or  her friends with more human things, she already had clothes and stuff, she didn't want to be greedy.  Nia looked at the door and headed for it.

wolfie

Alerri wasn't sure what to do now. Nia was tired of the toys and she didn't want any of them. She couldn't figure the girl out usually at least a doll of some sort was what a girl wanted. That she had seen before through a couple of villages. She didn't understand it, but oh well.

"Is there any other place you'd like to visit?"