Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Gods and Women

Started by visualspice, December 31, 2012, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Sah-lora jumped away as the apple was tossed at her, then glared over towards Raiden.
What was he talking about? Was he trying to trick her? She glared and steadied her sword, which, she still had not put away, only relaxed.  "What are you implying? My mother and I have been imprisoned here by you foolish Gods. And if you think my name means what you say it does, shouldn't you be more wary of where you stand?" She studied him as he ate his apple, but merely adjusted her grip upon her sword.

"Tell me what you care about these woods anyways. You say a god drew you here, there are no Gods that stand before you."

Unless..
hairs stood up at the back of her neck as her eyes swept into the forest.
Was there another god here that she could not sense?
But then again.. her eyes returned to him.

He had mentioned he was a more powerful God, perhaps his presence was so overwhelming he was plannign to trick her while another God stabbed her in the back!
Suddenly paranoid, she glanced over her shoulder, but the only sight that greeted her was the greyness of the decaying woods.

She turned her head back to Raiden and stared at him, still eating his damn apple, hers.. well, it remained in  little recess int he rock.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

"Peaga the Genesis of GrandSoul is the one who placed the curse on your mother trapping her here. But that tends to happen when you have sex with one mated to a god, especially Peaga's mate, that Asgardian is psycho. And your name has five meanings, so that would maker you one-fifth god's bane wouldn't it? And finally I said I felt the power of Asgard but it was yor summoning circle, it's Asgardian by nature and design but its been changed with black magicks. Probably the work of your mother." He finished the apple and rolled the core in his palm before it ignited it white fire, one of his divinities, soon not even ash remained and it left a sweet scent in the air.

visualspice

Lora remained steady with her sword, shifting uneasily on the balls of her feet.
"Why are you telling me this?" she asked, her voice nearly a hiss as she continued to glare at him, if for nothing more than for being confused. "And yes.." she narrowed her eyes. "My mother has taught me everything."  What was this man's real game anyway? Did he just want to talk? How annoying!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

"I'm telling you this because everyone deserves freedom until they do something to lose that right. You are not cursed, this wood is not your prison. Have you never tried to leave? Or have you been to something horrid would happen if you did?" Raiden pulled the apple to him then cleaned it off with his cloak before levitating it in front of her, "at least try it."

visualspice

Her eyes narrowed. Was this man mad? What was he getting at, trying to tell her that her mother had lied? As if she'd believe him! ANd then when the apple was presented, she took her sword and cut it clean through.

"No more talking!" she barked. "You try to deceive me, feed me your poisons than cruelly imply the rights of freedom which you and your kind have kindly spared us from! I will hear it no more!"  And she moved to lung at him again, more viciously with the sword. "I will cut off your tongue, God of trickery!" she mocked and continued her assault while drawing out a black stone- one that, if things got worse, could take her back to Rizhra...
She knew she was out matched here, but the least she could do was try.
ANd what was his game anyways- trying to tell her she was free so he could watch her commit suicide?

Zane

Raiden rolled from where he was sitting and swiped Sah-lora feet from under her, grabbing her telekineticly before she could hit the ground. "Now another meaning of your name is brilliantly fooled, you may hate me for it. But I'm going to correct that." With that he took the sword and the stange black stone from her hands, setting them aside before lifting her to the air bringing her along as he walked over the top of the bog and towards the edge of the forest.

visualspice

OOC: She's totally going to freak out XD
Just saying! <3

IC:
Sah-lora gasped, her body in a freefall and poised in mid motion as she was forced to look at the skyline and the jagged tops of trees. It was then she felt her weapons slip away, and her insides turned cold with fear as a chill and thrill raced up her spine. Her eyes were wide and wild, fearful of what was to come and what he meant by his words when suddenly he was dragging her towards the outter edge of the curse...

Her eyes widened as the familiar black rock and hedges came into view, and fear gripped her heart. She struggled, tried to fight against the force of his powers but was powerless to do anything.
"NO!" She screamed suddenly, becoming frantic as she tried to buck against her invisible bindings, but it was to no avail. She gritted her teeth, fighting and wriggling but still-s he was dragged in mid air behind him.
"LET ME GO! DO NOT TAKE ME TO THE CORNER OF THE SWAMP!" she wailed, her voice echoing wildly across the bog as her eyes became as wide as saucers the closer they became to the edge.

This was it, she thought. I'm going to die...

Zane

Raiden stepped out of the cursed grounds, the air felt lighter, not as oppressive. He had yet to bring Sah-lora through so he turned to her and her wailing, speaking through the denzien ability as to speak above her. "You chose to fight gods all of whom with immense power! You should have guessed that one of them would have a power similar to mine. You should have known that this would happen! Telekinesis is not uncommon among gods!" He stepped back another five feet, pulling he over the edge of the curse all the while nothing physical would happen to her. Though it didn't rule out any hysterics on her part.

"You are, always have been, and always will be, free." with that he lightly sat her on the ground, releasing her bonds.

visualspice

Sah-lora let out a maddening scream the moment he dragged her body over, and it echoed her terror into the air, scaring crows into flight.

A moment later she opened her eyes, heart beating near out of her chest before she looked at Raiden, panic and confusion and some relief welling in her eyes.
Then she was dropped to the ground, and there she sat for a good long moment, before madness took over and she lept to her feet.
"YOU, GOD OF TRICKS!" She cried, slipping out a dagger from her sleeve. It was small, and nearly invisible as she slashed at him.  "YOU TRIED TO HAVE ME KILLED! NOW YOU PLAY GAMES IWTH ME!"

It was too hard to accept what was going on, but her legs, feeling weak, still pressed her forward with ferocity as she remained- bent on cutting him to shreds. but the idea.. where she was...
It was madness and too hard to comprehend!

Zane

Raiden saw a quick glint of metal, though it wouldn't mean much with what he was about to do. He grabbed he assaulting hand and turned so his back was facing her while her arm was over his shoulder, he then proceeded to throw her over his shoulder slamming her back against the ground. In halves of seconds he was upon her, his hand pinning her arm, one knee pressed into her belly and the other precariously over her throat. "Now you listen to me and you listen well. The only person casting trickery and deceit is the woman whom you claimed as mother. You were not nor were you ever cursed by Peaga's wrath. If you can't accept that then by all means returned to that damned forest and spend the rest of for life there, praying for and preying on any god you can find, but I can guarantee that there will be no gods as long as I am breathing. Or you can accept that fact and try to live a life that was stolen from you. About two-hundred and fifty paces in the direction I brought you is a path through this forest, if you follow the path that leads downhill for ten minutes at a brisk pace, you will come to a tavern. If you decide on the latter, I will be there for three days. You have till then to decide. I can show you freedom, freedom that has not been allowed to you till now, but the choice is yours." With that his surrounding began to shift until he was outside the tavern he mentioned. He could have brought her along but it wouldn't have made the same point.

Once inside he sat at the bar. "I need a stiff drink and a room, perhaps two of each but I will let you know later." The tavern keeper nodded to him, she hadn't expected to see anyone today, her tavern was on a road less traveled, and that's how she liked it.

visualspice

Sah-lora collapsed onto the ground after he left, uncertain what it all meant and feeling very violated as if she was used. Her heart was also nearly in her throat as she turned onto her side, staring at the black rocks she had once feared her whole life and slowly hot tears came to her eyes.

Damn that God!
Damn him and his bag of tricks!
He probably only lifted her curse enough to toy with her so when she was far enough away, he'd return it and watch her flare up into dust.

However... if this God wanted to play...

Upset and Angry, Sah-lora dragged herself off of the floor and began to gather up her things, finding the remnant of hte sliced apple on the ground. She picked it up curiously, smelling it...
It smelled divine and tickled her senses and found herself almost sinking her teeth into it..
Before pulling it away as her lips snarled.
She was about to chuck the thing back into the swamp, only to find herself pausing and staring at it with a hand extended.

Perhaps...
what if.. by chance...

He was right?
She stared at the apple for a very long time.
But even if he was not..
why did the God even care to toy with her?
And if Gods were evidently as powerful as he..
Why was she born and raised to kill them?
She pocketed the apple, feeling like a fool before recalling the man's direction and making hot pursuit.

She had thought she had become lost when she found the inn, pausing several yards away to study it as she set her jaw, feeling her pride swell within her chest before she pushed the doors open and stepped inside, only to find the damn God sitting in  lonely room by himself.

SHe approached, boots heavy on the wooden floors.

"If this is some sort of cruel spell,"s he began, pointing an angry finger at him when she smelled something- the stench of real food as her hand went to her gut, the stench so overwhelming. "Gods.." She pressed a hand, supporting herself on the back of nearby chair. "What is that God-awful stench?"

she had never tasted beef stew before.. nor could fathom the smells of beef...
Even as her mouth salivated, her nose knew not what to make of this as she turned her attention from the massive kettle cooking the stew towards Raiden as she bared her teeth at him.
Was he out to deliver her a new curse or something!?

"You will *not* deceive me!" the woman screamed, turning towards the kitchen and kicking the bubbling stew over...

Beef and remnants of onions, carrots, potatoes and the like spilled onto the floor as a hot mess as Sah-lora stood there, nose to the air as she defiantly approached the god, slamming her blade into the table.

"You're not a God! But some petty witch!" she spat, thinking she had him pinned for something more powerful, but clearly he was just some deceitful old warlock, wasn't he!?

Zane

Raiden stood, ignoring Sah-lora fore the moment, and went up to the inn keeper. "I apologize for her outburst and the loss of your stew. If there is anything that can be done to make up for it then by all means let me know," the woman just shrugged and went into the back room, apparently it was not worth making a fus over. He then walked back over to his table and sat down.

"You need to understand that you are in a world of humans not gods. And while most gods care only for themselves, humans do not. Mankind in general is capable of great good if you let them. But if you curse them for their kindness then they will curse you." He took a sip of his ale, holding it in his mouth before swallowing. "That which you kicked over was a gift from the inn keeper, I mentioned that someone might be coming and she started to make it. It was a beef stew, beef is a very expensive meat that is very hard to come by. That" he motioned to the stew strewn all over the floor, "was her kindness. And you cursed her for it. Perhaps you aren't so different from the gods you want to slay?"

visualspice

Yanking her blade from the wooden table, she pointed it towards his throat.
"What are you talking about!?" she growled. She knew not of any social etiquette and there fore, appeared unimpressed by his explanation. "Why would anyone do that?" she hissed. She was growing impatient and held her breath where it was, but did not strike.

OOC: Sorry it's short D:

Zane

Raiden took another drink. "To understand why that woman would make a stew from expensive foods for people she doesn't even know would be to define her upbringing, her beliefs, her feelings and so many other little things. But most importantly it would be to understand her. Humans are vastly different from gods. Most of them are motivated by kindness and wanting to please others. They are known to fight and die to defend the rights of others. They believe in the good of others. That kindness which the woman displays is quite normal."

Raiden stood and pulled the chair out for her. "Do tell me. Why did you come here? If it was to hunt me then go ahead and say it. But I feel you have another reason. Do you mind telling me that reason? Also are you perchance hungry?

visualspice

Lora glared at him, keeping the damned knife pointed towards his throat, but the God hardly seemed phase! And again, his words, they confused her before her hand, shaking with rage, was suddenly dropped.
"I came here to ask you to remove whatever spell you've placed on me that can allow me to walk within this mortal realm." She looked around as if disgusted, but also, rather curious of the small but humble in, a few things were draped about that she hardly knew what they were and the fact there were so many tables in one room was disturbing..
Did that mean a lot of people gathered here? And, by the smell of it, to gather here and eat!?
And what did he mean by kindness? It made no sense to her the way he presented it as she snarled at him.
"Get to your point on all of this. If you're here to simply toy with me, get it over with. I took your bait. Now set me free of your curse." She growled.

Really, she couldn't understand a thing! None of what he was telling her made any sense, for she knew only the life professed to her, tuaght to her by her mother..
and by a world revolved around fear and the swamp..

Zane

Raiden sighed, she had missed the point, but now he had an idea. "The spell which I have cast on you can only be broken by you and the ways to break it are tied to you name." he stood from his seat and picked up the remnants of the stew telekinetically, moving it back to the pot, and onto the counter. In all it took all of twenty seconds to get the mess cleaned up. "As I have told you, your name have five meanings. Well there are three ways to break the spell. Continue being Sah-lora, brilliantly fooled, return to your woods and forget everything that has happened today, life will soon be back to normal and I will never bother you again. Or you can be the third meaning of your name, resounding freedom, leave your past behind and make a new life, a new start, a new beginning, I will guide you in this world until you feel you can fend for yourself, after which gods will not play much of a role in your life. Or, "he walked over and stood in front of her, slowly reaching for her hand holding the knife before bringing it to his throat and holding it steady there. "You can become God's Bane, and kill me. It will be the single hardest thing you will have ever done and you may die in the attempt. Not long after I have fallen, other gods fill return to earth, and you can slay them too." he let go of her hand and walked away, to the small fire.

"Ultimately, the choice is yours, but know that night has fallen and I doubt those woods are safe at night. So for tonight I invite you to stay in your own warm bed in a room with a door that locks from the inside and a breakfast waiting for you in the morning as long as you don't kick it away." With that he went and sat down. taking another sip of ale.

visualspice

OOC: He should not have given her a choice <3
but it's more FUN this way X3
Sadly, it's going to take some time to trust lol

IC:

THis man was making no sense, and now he mocked her by admitting he was toying with her. This, unfortunately, only made her more confused as she scowled at him, but watched, with some interest, as he cleaned up the stew.
She couldn't admit his powers were.. intriguing, but he was trying to force her to turn against her mother, her mother, the only thing hs ehad in her life all of this time and here...
here she was being dragged away, kicking and screaming- or rather, following with some interest, as a man tried to bait her with his game.

"And why, if your words are true," she began cautiously, not lowering her weapon. "Why Would you even care of my fate to begin with? if not to toy with me? Why come now..." SHe narrowed her eyes, but there was the hint of doubt wavering within.

Though, perhaps her question was already answered behind the meaning of her name..
It meant God's Bne and...
resounding freedom?
It made little sense to her! Seriously!? WHat was his game! He was going to drive her into madness!

"I was raised not to trust Gods." she told him. "That they are the bane's of our existence."  She cringed, but kept her eyes upon him.  "I'm not going to just start trusting you now."

But again..
the doubt was far too clear....

ANd a part of her had to wonder...
even if this was a cruel trick... what would it feel like to be... free?

Zane

Raiden looked up at her from where he sat, "I am not gifted with omnipresence or omniscience, So until I felt the presence of your spell today, I had not known of your existence. But I knew Roaka the Usurper and his mate Rizhra, only because Roaka was originally with Peaga of GrandSoul. When Peaga found out of his treachery she thrust him at me and I killed him, he wasn't the first god I had killed, while she cursed Rizhra. Peaga is the Genesis, goddess of creation and beginnings, she wouldn't have curse you, a baby, because you were something she represented. I don't know what happened after that, I don't know your reason for hatred of gods though I don't blame you. But the fact of the matter is that you were never cursed, fate is what crossed our paths.

"As I said before I believe that all deserve the right of freedom until they do something to lose it, but it seemed to me that your freedom had been denied of you. Call it atonement for the sins of my past or call it me being a meddlesome god that wants things his way, I really couldn't care which, but I wanted you to at least have the choice as to your future. So you have three options before you which was the best I could do. Go back to your old life, start a new, free life, or become what it seems you were raised to be. A god hunter.

"Whatever you choose, I will abide by, if you choose to return to the old, I will never bother you again. If you want to start new, I will guide till you feel you don't need it. Or if wish to kill me, I will fight with you till one of us lay slain. The 'spell' that I have cast is called freedom of choice, and only you can break it because no one can decide for you. This has been my game, what I have been playing at. I had this spell on me a long time ago, my choice cast me from Asgard. But my choice was my own and I would not change it if I could."

visualspice

Sah-lora only stared at him, not certain how to respond. His words were long winded, and again, due to the trying length of it, she felt as though he were still toying with her, but would not deny the intrigue.

Lowering her weapon with a grunt, she started, "And suppose I play your game. What fool would I be when the spell is done? You speak of blasphemy on both sides. If I was an ignorant force towards the Gods, why would any God care about it now?"

Zane

Raiden looked at her plainly. "I am cast out of Asgard, home of the gods, Their will in not mine, and my will is my own. In short, I am literally my godhood. I am Raiden, the God of Rouges." His golden eyes were calm and unwavering.