Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Gods and Women

Started by visualspice, December 31, 2012, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Sah-lora's face fell, almost as if she had accepted her defeat.  Was he truly just some outcast? She could see why, and kept a stern gaze upon him.
"Suppose I humor you.."s he began, though didn't want to say much more, setting her jaw sternly at him.  "I know nothing about this world you want to so eagerly thrust me into."

The poor stew could attest to that!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

"All I ask, is that you make a choice that you can life with, that is my game and if you play for yourself, as yourself, it's impossible to lose. You should take the night to think and give your answer in the morning. That is when the game will be over. But for now, you have another choice to make. Are. You. Hungry?" A smile spread across his lips. He was happy that she decided to choose her own destiny. Though he had more or less forced her hand, but sometimes people needed a little push. He half pondered if what he had done could be defined as little.

visualspice

Sah-lora narrowed her gaze before angrily taking a seat opposing him as her pale eyes pierced through the space between them.
Now being sat, she threw off the hood of her cloak, exposing her muddied face and hair, hair that had become wild and untamed from the winds and rain and the adverse affects of travel.

"I had a newt in the swamp," she said curtly, as if that would answer his question, though in truth, she was curious of this thing called... beef.  It smelled good and bad all at once, but she couldn't deny she was famished, after all, she had gone through a lot in the small time she had met this man.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

"Hmm. Give me a moment." He traced a summoning circle on the table and used the Asgardian hilt to form a wide basin pan. Having placed the cast iron pan over the circle, he pushed power though it. As with everything, it took a moment, but soon a large cut of beef formed in the pan, it came from some nobleman's kitchen, Raiden doubted the nobleman would miss it. Then using the divinity of fire in one hand and the pan over the other, he began to cook the meat right in front of her.

By the time it was finished, even his stomach was growling. While gods technically didn't need to eat, he had developed the habit since coming to earth. He got a plate from the bar and moved the mass of meat to it, turning the pan to a carving knife. Soon the beef was cut into this slices and, through the use of several more summoning circles, there was bread and fruits and even cheese.

"Try the food with an open mind, I guarantee it will taste better that way."

visualspice

Sah-lora watched with interest, and an almost innocent expression worn on her face, like that of a child. Though there was evidence of her interest, there was also still the uncertainty brewing there- but still, she fell to the graces of the smell and admired the heavenly food before her.

"And if it were poisoned.." she hesitated, though her fingers and tongue itched to try the food. It smelled divine, but she stared at him, still wary.

OOC: So untrusting XD

Zane

Raiden raised his eyebrows, looked down at the food then back up at her. "If it were poisoned, then we will die peacefully." He started with some meat and cutting two thin slices of bread, putting the meat in the bread then cutting a few pieces of cheese to top it off. Biting into the savory, juicy meat, a smile spread across his face. He purposely said "We" but he wasn't sure if she would catch that.

visualspice

Sah-lora still remained wary, but her face slowly softened as she watched him eat and her stomach twisted with a greedy hunger.  Finally looking down at the food, she grabbed for some bread, tasted it, sampling and and swallowing it careful and slow-
It tasted alright but...
When she got to the meat..
If it weren't entirely against her character, should have moaned out loud at the sensation filling her mouth.
At first she felt repulsed by the texture, but then quickly and eagerily was gobbling it up, sucking the juices from her fingers as she helped herself to some more..
ignorant of her companion as she hungrily feasted on the food.

Zane

Raiden's smile widens as Sah-lora begins to eat, "eat slow and chew thoughtfully, you will enjoy the food more and get to eat more." He took another bite from the sandwich he made for himself, it was really good, better then food had been in the past. A lone thought crossed his mind, the food is better because you are sharing it with someone. He shook his head, still smiling. If he hadn't killed the god of attraction many years prior, he would have felt they were being watched.

"Try the bread, meat and cheese together."

visualspice

In her brief moment of bliss, she had forgotten the God was there.
but then he spoke,a nd her eyes pierced angrily over towards him as she finished licking at her fingers but hesitantly..
She seemed to obey, picking up some bread, then cheese, then beef.. pressing them together before putting them into her mouth..

Well the God's be damned...
If this was a bought of trickery, at least she was enjoying it.
Begrudgingly, she devoured the food and went for her cup- only to realize she wasn't sure what strange liquid filled it as she eyed it skeptically, then looked over towards him.
"And I suppose this strange smelling water has a name, too?" she asked dryly.

Zane

Raiden shrugged taking a sip of his own, "It's called many things, Ale, Brew, Drought, Beer, though since it's your first time drinking it I would be careful, too much of it has some side effects. If you want I can purify it to springwater but you should try it first." He left out the fact that it is an acquired taste, who knows, her father is a god, perhaps she has already acquired it.

visualspice

Sah-lora eyed him warily, as she was getting well known for, and slowly lifted the drink to her lips. Downing it, she wrinkled her nose, nearly choking about it as she looked down at it- a soft buzz already going to her head. She had drugs that stung like this drink before, and turned to him, throwing the beer at his face.
"It's poison!" she shouted, not realizing how ridiculous she sounded before she slammed the cup down and made her way hastily towards the door.
She knew he was up to no good!

OOC: XD I couldn't resist...

Zane

OOC: Why?! Why?! WHY DAMNIT!! DX They were finally getting along somewhat!!

IC:

"Now just hold on just one damned minute. I warned you about the drink and even offered to purify it for you. If you come back over here you will see that I am drinking some ale myself. In cities and large townships, ale is a very common drink because drinking water is hard to come by is such places, I suggest trying to get used to it." And if she didn't stop, oh well, it was her choice to make. Nothing really he could do to change that.

visualspice

OOC: <3 he probably should have chose to let her kill him! *giggles* After all, her naivety and trust issues might kill them both XD

Also this amuses me terribly! YOU HAVE NO IDEA LOL! X3

IC:
She paused with her hand upon the door handle, and glared at the god haughtily over her shoulder and gave him a pretty scowl.
"Warned me or not! I'm not trusting a God!" she cried, then walked out the door, slamming as she stepped out into the streets as a massive gust of wind unsettled her hair. She shielded her face nd stared down the long road ans the darkening skies.

A storm was brewing, it's presence, ominous. She swore beneath her breath and moved hastily away from the Inn, lest that man inside drive her crazy!
God or not, she was reeling from all that was taken in and she barely made it a few blocks away before slumping against the trees as the first burst of lighting drew in the first buckets of rain.

After a while, when her tears were cooled off thoroughly from the rain, she wiped at her face and moved to press onward, fully seeking to hide back into the confines of the swamp with her mother- despite all of the confusing freedoms around her.

Damn that God! Damn him to Hell for confusing her!
but then she paused on her way, only beginning to realize what this all meant as she shivered, rain soaked and still crying.

Zane

Raiden slumped in his chair, she made her choice. she left, to return to her old life. He leaned his head back on the chair, "Well Raiden," he said to himself, "You try to do right for once in your life and it turns against you. Why didn't I just kill her when she attacked me."

"Yes. Why didn't you?" Raiden was fast on his feet, blades drawn. There was someone here with him, was it an Asgardian? He hadn't felt the power of Asgard, but that didn't rule out one god. Gaiden the StormWeaver of GrandSoul. "It just would have been another life, another bit of Asgardian blood spilt, it's not like you hadn't killed hundreds of gods." the disembodied voice continued.

"Show yourself Asgardian." Raiden replied to the room.

"As if! Though you should know that this storm is not natural. It will get worse and worse and anything not prepared for it will probably die, most unfortunate for that poor demigod, if only she trusted you."

There was no doubt about it, it was Gaiden. "Pray we don't meet ever again you fucking waste of oxygen for I will kill you." And he was out the door after her.

"I doubt you will outcast, you wouldn't do it the first time."

OOC: PLOT TWIST!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

visualspice

OOC: Please excuse me for LOVING bickering relationships XD~

IC:
The winds were unrelenting, growing stronger by the minute as she pressed onward, hoping to forget about everything she had seen and done.  THe food, she still bet, was poisoned, or drugged at best, and her demeanor, shattering with each hopeless step.
The roar of thunder and lighting startled her with it's ferocity as she tried to take cover in the local woods, only for the tree behind her to become cracked by a stray bolt of powerful lighting..
Whirling around, she could only stare in dismay as the massive tree was heading straight for her, illuminated by the second break of lighting that hissed over head...

Zane

Damn that Bastard. Damn the StormWeaver. Damn the GrandSouls. Damn himself for not making her stay. Raiden ran as fast and as hard as he could, fearing that he could already be too late. Lightning struck hard and fierce all around him, pressing him forward. As lightning stuck a tree ahead of him and began to fall, he caught a glimpse of her before the blinding darkness swallow the light. He was next to her when the second bolt lit the sky. He pciked her up and looped her arms around his neck and holding her up by her legs. "For the love of all things good! DON'T LET GO!" He screamed over the roar of the rain, sprinting away as the tree crashed down behind him.

visualspice

It wasn't a hard request to follow, as she was scooped up and away, heart nearly fluttering and pounding outside of her chest as she clung to him, eyes wide as a cats.  The tree then struck the ground with such a force she cringed, clinging to the God more desperately as the world spun around her.

Then, after a moment, she realized what was going on and gave a start.
"You just.." was all she began to say, when a mean strike of lighting cracked over head and a terrible howl was heard.
Turning her head, she saw, there, off in the not too distant horizon against a flickering of more bright yellow lighting light, was a terrible cyclone tearing across the earth...
And heading right their way!

And it was a terrible force- one that..
yes, it seemed to-...
it was roaring towards them, the winds almost carrying a face as the beastly tornado roared..

"BRING BACK MY DAUGHTER!!" the cyclone roared. "OR FACE MY WRATH, WRETCHED FALLEN GOD!"
And the tornado lurched towards them, with a power of a thousand horses thundering it across the world as winds ripped apart the trees, devouring up the earth...

and Raiden and Sah-lora were next!

Zane

There is a reason earth is listed as a dangerous reality, a reason which is not entire the fault of a fallen god, a majority rest with him, but the rest belongs to the Witch Rizhra, she can't be killed by gods so she was cursed to the woods when she crossed a line. Those chains seem to be wearing down.

Raiden continued to run, but he brought the back of his hand to face the cyclone, a clenched fist save for a lone extended middle finger. "To Sanctuary." he breathed. It all of a sudden was quiet and dark. The weight on his back told him the Sah-lora was still with him. Soon light flooded in and they were in the main room of the sanctuary. He collapsed to the floor, panting heavily. "Welcome... to the.... Sanctuary... one of the few.... safe places." he just laid there, content that he was alive.

OOC: last post for the night

visualspice

When her world melted away, she found herself staring in awe at the beautiful world around them. Everything seemed bright and perfect, save for the panting breaths and bodies of the two beings lying on the floor within.  Slowly, she pressed herself onto her hands and stared around, crouching at Raiden's side as she stared in owe.

So many feelings over whelmed her from this place and all she could ask was..
"What is this place?"
It was almost too perfect, too surreal to bare.

Zane

Raiden rolled onto his back and soon he was breathing normally. Looking around, it seemed they were in the garden. "We are in the the Sanctuary, the Sanctuary garden to be exact. The Sanctary is a place that only I can get to, you are here because I brought you with me. It exists outside of time and space, years could pass here and only seconds pass on earth. It is what I want it to be because it is attached to my soul. I don't expect you to understand all of that, it took me a while to understand it, but you asked so there is the answer." He sat up and looked to the sky. It went on forever then ended in overcast skies.