Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Bonds and Chains (M)

Started by visualspice, January 04, 2013, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Just a warning there is some more adult themes in this thread and post~

IC:

The cart, for the past year, had become her home. And the open road, the wagon trails the cart left behind.. a reminder of her fate- that she was to become nothing more than an image pressed into the mud of the earth, to slowly fade and be worn away, forgotten with time.

The noises of the chimes gracing the cart, and it's wares (as well as intricate spindles of bewitched trinkets and the like) became a haunting reminder that, despite the golden chain being easy to unlatch-

It was not the physical substance of the gold chain that held her to her post..
but the unbinding magics from her Master that subjected her to a bondage of her soul.

ANd he liked her, so he said. She brought him good luck, just as her kind was said to do, and with it, great pleasure and joy, especially when he took her to his bed.

And every night since she had cried, even now, when the tears were silent.
Love, it meant nothing to her anymore, as did hope, for she was set upon a hopeless road before her-
Forever a slave..
damned by love.

Of course her 'Master' would adore her. It tickled him he had captured one of the elusive and rare twilithic people alive- and one that was bond to him! All his! Body and Soul!
Her tears fetched a hefty price, even her hair- ah, the sweet scent of it, brought him in a hefty amount of gold.
And those wings.. so delicate and delightful- a beautiful show to display the world.  For she was his puppet, and Su-lahan his slave, and though her dark Master was handsome, he was ugly all the same.

He tended to go by Marter, though his first name was James.  She felt his last name was well suited, and, as it was all the days before last, she would rise before him, to catch the last remaining glimpse of stars.  Her pale skin faded as the sun's rays fluttered over the horizon and warmed her face.
She had walked much farther from the cart this time, the gold chain hanging taunt behind her to where it was linked pathetically to a rotting post against their traveling home. And she hugged her bare feet against her body, soft, pretty smelling skirts tucked under her legs that rested to one side as she stared.. dreamily towards the rising sun and for a rare moment...
in this simple peace..

She smiled.

They were near Ketra, a city bustling with activity. Her Master figured it was wise to remain parked far enough away, in case some greedy mage or the like might seek to steal his prize. Though he was powerful enough in magics and spells himself, he knew that there were others like him..
and he was very, very protective of his claims.
Oberin had served him well..
It was a pity he could not keep him...

To think.. if he could breed the pair...
what a price! To sell rare children slaves of twilith!
THough the idea would fade, of course, for Oberin was only a half breed...

Oh if only he could find another of her kind.
a perfect mate...
Though he could pretend at night with her, it seemed she would hardly take to seed.
And as it were many nights before, he was only satisfied in body, but his greed and insatiable hunger kept him yearning for more....

And it was why Su-lahna chose to wake early every morning, and even throughout the night, despite her exhaustion..
for at night, she'd awaken at midnight to pray as she had always done years before..
and at sunset..
well....

She didn't know why, but sunset meant a lot to her..
A new day...
a new life...
perhaps a new hope....

It, unfortunately, had once been the symbol of love-
but since that idea has been well deflated, it had become lost to her-
and the other symbols returned to overwhelm her with an unsatisfied hope she would never, ever obtain.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

An old man leaned on a cane-staff on the horizon.  He was not very tall, towered by the stick beside him for at least a half a foot taller.  Perhaps had he might have been had his back had not been gruesomely hunched and leaned over.  His long grey hair was scraggly on his head and his aged body had become portly in years of a comfortable youth, but his current state had not shown it, had it been so.  His clothing was old and ragged and he hobbled on his cane like it was the only thing that would keep him on his feet.

The old goat followed the only road ahead to Ketra, a beautiful city with a beautiful 'inn', filled with beautiful women.  Or so he had been told.  He waddled along the trail, eying the mud there that was freshly lifted in paralleled tracks.  Ah, so someone was on their way to this lovely city as well.  He smiled a grin of half-rotten teeth and wondered what these strangers were doing here.

He couldn't walk any faster than his hobble could take him.  Every step the staff pinned into the dirt road until at long last he was beside the cart.  The old man looked at the wagon and made a face; what a mess this wagon was.  Who could possibly live in a pigsty such as this and not ever bother to clean it out once in a while.  He made a gnarled looking face, wrinkled and dirty, probably more than the wagon and looked around.  Nobody seemed to be nearby, or if they were, they were hidden somewhere underneath or behind or around that pile of junk somebody might call wares.

A rotted post was nailed to the side, a gold chain...hmmm, now that was interesting.  The old man followed the chain, pushing his hair out of the way to get a better view on what was on the other end of it.  It seemed like it was a leash of some sort.  Now what kind of dog would you need such a feeble golden chain for!?

But what he saw sitting before him, he was astonished, and his jaw dropped at the sight.  It quite possibly was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen.  He smelled his breath into his hand and sniffed at it to make sure it wasn't too bad before dipping his tongue on his pinky and running it across both of his long, disheveled scraggly eyebrows.  As he approached her, he was quiet and leaned down on his cane from behind her before trying to wrap an arm around her.

"'ello, pretty lady," he said in a groggy voice.  "Are you one of them Peaches, I've been hearing so much about?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Gasping, Su-lahna turned around, and quickly became frightened, not just because of the old man leering over her, but because she hadn't even heard him coming. She pushed lightly away from his arms, but even for an old man, Su-lahna was hardly a woman of any strength.  She backed away on the ground, backing herself up against a tree as she stared at him,f eeling the gold chain on her ankle grow taunt as she winced.

"Do I look like a peach?" she huffed defiantly, but she still sounded too petite and sweet to sound as offended as she was. "Please, back away, sir, lest I call my master."
Lest she... she inwardly lurched at the thought. And yet.. for all she knew, this was another man he was to sell her to!
but knowing her luck, her Master wouldbe out, still cold from his drink and she?
Well, apparently she'd become prey to some old man!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The old man nearly lost his balance trying to hold onto her as she scrambled away.  He recovered using that walking stick and plopped to his knees.  A smile crept up to his nasty teeth and he laughed an eager, "Oh, ho ho ho.  Your master you say?  Now why would someone with any good sense such a pretty little thing out in the open like this!?  He's a very careless, master he is.  Why anyone could just walk up and snatch you away!"

The old man lunged for her and pinned her down with surprising strength, and splayed rotten breath across her face, and planted old crusted lips on hers.  As he tried to steal his kiss, something was happening to his face, his old hair curtaining over as it leaned over hers.  The skin was melting away, leaving youthful flesh of honeyed porcelain in its wake.  His hair changed to, to a glossy midnight, as he deepend his kiss, though the rest of his body remained the old man.

He pulled his mouth away and hovered his face over hers for a moment.  "Hello, darling, long time no see," Oberin said, flashing a smile at her.  "Did you miss me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Su-lahna was taken by surprise as the old man was ontop of her, and despite his weakened appearance, he had much strength in his wrinkled old body, so when his face began to morph through the kiss into an old familiar face, her eyes widened in surprised, her breath taken away.

"Oberin!" she replied breathlessly, then recalling not only their position but her cruel fate, a fate he had fooled her into-
she did the most unlady-like but natural thing she could-
socking him clean across the face.
For a slap just wouldn't do.
That it was odd, and her hand hurt for it, she glared at him defiantly and moved to push him off.
"If I had a dagger, I'd plunge it into your heart to show you how much I missed you!" she scowled.

Lion

The blow did not come as a surprise and from his position, there was no way to defend against it.  His eyes exploded in a surge and flash of white, immediately followed by a series of colors.  A rotten hand came up to hold his cheek where she successfully landed the blow and he knelt up and off her.  "I deserved that," he said plainly, rubbing his face, which appeared plum-red underneath.

But his eyes glowed when he looked at her and he smiled anyway.  "Now is that anyway to treat your rescuer?  You didn't think I was going to leave you in this hellish place, with that demon of a man, did you?"

Oberin tried to extend a hand out to her in truce.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna glowered at him, backing away and keeping her head held high.
"Rescuer!?" she gasped, glaring soon afterwards as she smacked his hand away. "I'd rather be dead and remain in my chains than ever consider you as that!"
She backed away again, though settled, chest heaving with angered breaths.
"Come one step closer and I'll call my master!" she threatened.
Really, in all it was worth, she'd rather go back to the man abusing her, rather than the rat who sold her out!

OOC: BEST FRIENDS FOREVER <3

Lion

"You really ought to let old grudges go, darling.  I'm willing to let bygones be bygones," Oberin said, expression bored and nonchalant.  But it quickly changed when she threatened to call that sorry excuse for a mage.  His brow furrowed and his slender face scowled at her.  "Look," he said slowly.  "I never intended you to take my place for long...  I did what I had to do in order to get out.  Don't tell me you wouldn't have done the same!  You would have sold me out in a second.  But now I'm back...and I'm back for blood.  And I would have it that that blood would not be yours.  I'm trying to help you."

[I know right! :B]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna stared at him indignantly, giving his face a fresh slap.
"How *dare* you!" her words were lethal. "I would never in my entire life be so cruel as to ever subject someone to slavery in my place, you.. you coward!"
Her eyes sparkled with fresh, hot tears of anger as she thrust a finger int he direction of the woods.
"Just get out of my sight before I cry out to Marter! I don't want or need your help, nor would I ever want to see your face around me ever again!"

Gods, did he think she was a fool!?
How would she ever forgive such a man, let alone ever consider him to realistically help her. Who did he think she was!?
Did he have any idea what she had to endure since their positions had exchanged!? She could only guess to assume he had suffered as she had...
but Marter as insatiable, even with a gorgeous woman at his disposal...

"Just get away from me!" she growled through hot tears.

Lion

Oberin remained in his place, his face only moving slightly from the slap, but he knew he deserved that too.  His expression did not change however and he was about to retort when there was a sudden groaning and shuffling of feet coming from the wagon on the road.  Quickly he waved a hand in front of his face and the old man came back with a smile on his face.

"What's all that ruckus about?" Marter asked, holding his severely pounding head.  The old man struggled to climb to his feet as he looked up at the Master tiredly.

"Oh hello!" he said in a tired voice.  "Hehehehe!  I found this young thing trying to wander away.  Does she belong to you?"

"Oh....uh, yes!"  Marter looked at him with some confusion and wishing the old man's voice wasn't so high pitched.  "What the hell were you doing!?  Get away from her, you dirty old goat!  She's mine!"  He stalked toward the old man and kicked him hard on the behind.  He lost his balance and stumbled on his cane, landing with an oof! hard on the ground.

"Now that ain't any way to treat yer elders," he said, struggling to climb the staff yet again and looked at the mage.  "I was only trying to help.  I didn't lay a hand on her!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna's expression soured at the sudden display of his magics, and back to the old man he was. Glowering at him, she held her tongue, watching the two men's exchange. If there were two men she hated in all of this world, it was the two men standing before her.
Marter noticed Su-lahna's gaze and turned, teeth and fist bared towards the old codger. COming towards him he threatened, snatching onto the old man's clothes, "Get the hell out of here and off of my road!" he threatened, tossing him aside, since the kick to his ass was obviously not enough.

Then, kicking the dirt towards him, he approached Su-lahna, yanking her by the chain.
"Come in side, Su," he growled, and the two disappeared inside-
moments later, their voices raised, though muffled inside as they spoke and after a time- a smack, and the argument was no more.

Moment later, Marter returned outside, pissing to the winds before buttoning up his pants and returning to the front of his cart, fresh booze in hand as he took a long swig then snapped the reigns to get his mule moving.
"Yaw! Get moving!" and the wagon lurched forward, wares clamoring together as the cart rolled forward and towards it's destination: Ketra.

A man had a high price for Su's wings, and.. despite his fondness for them...
He knew he'd evnetually find a price.
and this man's price was.. well, beyond what even James Marter had come to expect.
Chugging back more booze, he beat on the door of the wagon behind.
"Start making dinner, Su. Unless you want me to come back there and back hand you again."

Inside, Su-lahna remained on the floor, still nursing her cheek and pride. At his words, she glared at the front of the wagon. If looks could kill..s he wished her eyes could produce daggers through his head.
Rising off the floor, she went about, fumbling through the messy kitchen and cleaning up the mess from last night before opening the cage tot he crate chicken and fetching a few eggs...

Sighing, she cracked them both and went to cookign his meal, her eyes, suddenly growing distant as she recalled Oberin...

That goddamn bastard.. why did he show his face now? Rescue her? HA! As if she'd ever believe that.  It was only then she noticed her eggs hd burned and gasped, fighting to save them but soon Marter was rapping on the door.
"What are you doing back there Su?" he halted the cart and tore the door open.
Gasping, Su-lahna whirled towards him,
"Marter, I-I-I"
Seeing the burned eggs, he stormed across there floor and back handed her again, and the poor woman was seeing stars.
"GOD DAMN IT!" he grabbed up the pan of eggsa nd threw it at her- it clamored intot he wall, te eggs falling ontop of her head.
"CLEAN UP THIS MESS AND TRY AGAIN!"
Slamming the door behind him, he returned to his post, leaving Su-lahna, in hot tears, in her hot mess.

To Marter..
Ketra couldn't come fast enough.
For Su-.. she had no reason left to care.

Lion

The old man's face smashed into the ground, eating dirt almost literally.  Stars flashed before his eyes again, although worse than when Su-lahna's smashed her fist against his face.  Rage surged though him but it was one of impotence and would not be realized in this moment.  Instead he just groaned and rolled on the ground, trying to reclaim air in his lungs that had been smashed out of him.  Oberin, looked through grey-green eyes as they watched Marter drag Su-lahna back to the wagon.

When they were out of sight, Oberin pushed his old body up from the ground, holding his cut and spitting out the dirt and grass that were caught in his mouth.  Perhaps an old man wasn't the wisest form to choose when dealing with someone of considerable strength.  He struggled to his feet, still reeling from the blow.  His blood burned with anger as he heard the muffled yelling.  Su-lahna, he thought with a quiet desperation, but cut it short before he started back up the knoll toward the road.

As the squeal of churning wheels suddenly took to the air, Oberin's strength returned to him and he began to run as the cart started down the road again, out to Ketra.  He made sure to stay out of sight as he jogged slowly behind the cart until he started to sprint as it began to move faster.  He might have been an old man on the outside, but he was still fast and strong on the inside and leapt for the rigging on the back.  It was covered and would conceal his presence as the cart sped up along the road.

He sat down on the rear board, watching the dirt fly underneath him, laying his staff beside him and breathing exhaustively.  He heard more noise coming from inside as the cart stopped suddenly and the door was wrenched open.  He heard a loud smack and felt his face burn as he gripped the buckboard as the cart started up again.  All this over an egg.

He noticed a small crack in between the planking and could see her leaning over a wood-burning stove.  He pushed the wood just a little higher, sticking his finger inside while trying to hold on to the motion of the cart.  He saw her more clearly now.  "Su-lahna," he whispered though the crack.  "Su... over here...  if you can hear me, glare at me!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At the voice she turned with a start. It took her a moment to see the crack int he wood and she gasped, grabbing a nearby rolling pin and tossing it at the ceiling.
It clattered against it loudly, banging to the floor.
"Su?" came Marter's angry voice.
Gasping, Su whirled around.
"What's going on in there?" he demanded, rapping at the door.
Su fell at a loss.
"There's.. there's nothing! I just.."
James suddenly threw opent he door, his presence menacing.
Su's eyes went wide.
"There was nothing- I just.. there was a spider!" she said, turning away, and breathing with relief when she noticed..
that God damn lieing cheating...
Well, at least he was out of sight.

James stepped inside, assessing the place with a snort,t hen he glared over at Su and pressed her against the stove, hand around her throat.
He forced her head to turn this way, then that, before pressing his fingers into her cheek, nailing digging into her.
"I don't care about any spiders. Just make me my goddamn food." Throwing her to the ground, he disappeared back outside.

Slowly, ever so slowly, Su-lahna pushed herself up onto her hands, tucking some of her curly black hair behind her ears before glancing back up towards the crack.
"Oberin, what the hell are you doing?" she hissed in a whisper, wondering if he was still there.

Lion

At the sound of the clatter, Oberin didn't need to be told twice that the mage was going to bolt in at any moment.  Thankfully for him, he was a loud man with a loud body and an even louder mouth.  Immediately Oberin scampered up to the top of the wagon cart and pressed himself hard against the rough, sun-rotted wood there, staff in hand.

He was sick of hearing Marter treat Su-lahna so roughly.  For all he'd done to her at least he hadn't laid a rough hand on her...but perhaps what he'd done had been worse.  Granted, he had considered that.  But it was apart of the price his freedom cost.  But it didn't stop the anger from rising in him.

After feeling his head become lighter as he held is breath, at long last Marter returned to the buckboard and smacked the donkey that pulled the wheels back into motion.  When the moment was safe, Oberin slipped back down, his old man's hands gripping the wood and feeling it creak underneath his weight. 

"I told you what I'm doing here.   But it's not my fault if you don't believe me.  I need your help...  Where is Marter headed?  And why is he going there?" he whispered, hanging upside down and, peering through a crack near the top of the cart.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna glared at him
"Why should I believe you?" she asked, then realizing the rise in her voice, she stared over towards the front,t hen back towards Oberin when Marter didn't stir. Her eyes narrowed again as she approached the crack.
"We're going to Ketra. What's it to you?" She made a face at the old man he was playing.
"You know you're as wretched as you look. Can you just leave me alone? I'd rather not ever see you again, but it appears fate is not so kind."

Yes.. fate was not. She turned away and went back to cooking, sighing when there was only one egg left.
It looks like she would not eat.

Lion

Fate.  Now that was a laugh he could use at any other time but now.  It always seemed to have plans other than the ones you tried to make for yourself.  Oberin knew the only way to fight against those unforeseen forces was to do what you whatever you could to master your own life...  But the only thing he regretted about seeing Su-lahna like this was how quietly she seemed to resign to it.

His eyes were almost saddened at the sight of her in such a state, but he forced the thought from his mind.  "What does Marter mean to do there?  Because I can almost guarantee you that the thought will not be good in any way for you...  If you think what I did to you was bad, you've got another thing coming."

He knew his disguise was silly and wretched, but now wasn't the time to consider fashion advice.  "Look, Su...I think I've found a way to break off the cuff.  I can free you.  I want to help you!" he whispered fiercely.  Slowly Ketra was rolling closer in the distance.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna made a noise through her nose.
"So you've finally found a way to rescue me so you can just turn around and sell me to the highest bidder for my wings?"
Yes, she knew very well why she was going to Ketra, and continued to ignore him, back towards him as she fussed over the eggs.

OOC: Short posts are short! *_______*

Lion

Oberin knew he'd get farther talking to a wall, at least the wall would listen!  He was becoming frustrated and his head was pounding from hanging upside down like this.  The city gates were getting closer into view, Marter might stop the cart again anytime soon.

"Please, Su, listen to me!  Why would I want your wings!?  My wings were torn from me when I was young...I don't want that to happen to you.  Please..."  But it was too late when the cart suddenly stopped again and Obering slipped back on top of the roof.

Marter snatched open the door, feeling woozy from the liquor and stumbled toward a stool in the corner.  "Su, where's my dinner!?  I ain't spending a coin in the city for a hot bed and meal when I got someone to serve me one right here!  Hurry up!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Sighing, Su-lahna shot only one glance towards the crack before making her best efforts towards Marter.
"Here,"s he said, setting the plate down. "Your eggs."
Marter stared at her sharply.
"What's with the attitude?" he told her coldly. Then went to his eggs. "Now go get cleaned up, we're almost in the city. We can't have you looking like."

Su-lahna stared at him and nodded, bringing him another drink..
He seemed.. a bit more intoxicated than usual. She felt.. a bit unsettled by this. He was never foolish enough to get this drunk before a transaction and she began to fear it more than she already did.

Disappearing into the side room, it was cramped, but had enough room for her to move between as she shuffled, turning towards the dirty mirror as she gave a sigh and began brushing at her hair.
Then, pouring some water in a basin, she splashed her face and took the time to examine the light bruise on her cheek...

She had never been found of what she had become since she had fallen prey to Marter. Everything had been taken from her, including her world. The world seemed much colder and distant, and her sweet innocent nature,- shattered. Only some pride remained, and the innocence replaced by sarcasms as she sighed and wiped a towel across her face.

Lion

Oberin cursed himself.  He was a fool to think he could get her to listen.  But he knew this wasn't over yet.  He heard noises inside the cart, of chewing and clanking of knife to plate and water splashing.  He sprung himself from the side of the cart with a shocking ease to the old man he posed as, staff in hand as he shuffled off into the woodlands.

Within seconds, he chanted small words, and his form changed yet again.  He was regal now, a man tall and prestigious with crimson robes and cloak, embroidered with gold lace.  By the time he returned to the road, the car was gone and he saw it off in the distance out to the city gates.  Cursing, he moved through the trees and vaulted over the wall when the coast was clear.

He composed himself, dusting off what dirt and leaves had fallen through his now golden hair and darkened pallor.  Seeing the cart slowly roll toward the marketplace, Oberin knew he had to be quick.  He feared what would happen if he was too late...

"Su-lahna," he breathed, a quiet desperation lurking in his eyes, as he followed the cart.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn