Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Startling Discovery

Started by Thief, September 20, 2011, 08:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thief

Jack liked to think he was a prime example of fate conspiring against good people, but he knew his misfortune was payback for all his misdeeds. Deep down, he was a good person, but it did not always show. Today, he was making a conscious effort to stay on fate's good side.

"I guess that makes sense," Jack said as they rounded the corner. "They use it as a crutch, and they're not much without it." He was not lost on the irony of that statement. He tried not to rely on his ability, but here he was shackled and unable to get away. Perhaps he himself had been relying on it more than he thought.

Jack's captor stopped suddenly, and seemed to be a bit confused. She mumbled something about going the wrong way. Had she gotten turned around while talking with him? This could be his chance to escape. Taking a step back, Jack asked, "Is something wrong?"

Rhindeer

"Huh? Oh! Ahaha. No. Nothin' the matter!" Siobhan said quickly, then frowned and bit her lip. Oh. Maybe it was the other way. Maybe she should have gone right instead of left. Damnation. She was from the country! She wasn't used to these confusing city streets.

Now how could she backtrack without making it look obvious that she was lost...

Obviously, the solution was to just keep going forward. She could take a few turns and loop back around to where she needed to be. Perfect! With this new plan firmly in place, Siobhan perked back up and motioned him along.

"Sorry, just hadda get my bearin's!" She flashed him an odd look. "Gotta say, you're the politest prisoner I've ever faced."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Thief

She was getting suspicious, and rightly so. Jack could only think of one way out of this, and he had to hope for the best. He would have to make a break for it, get far enough away that he could just teleport away. He slid the shackle down onto his hand, where it would drop off the moment he let go of it. He would have to wait for the perfect moment.

"As far as being arrested goes, this hasn't been that bad. You are one of the nicest soldiers I've ever met. I've been beaten for less than stealing an apple." He just had to appeal to her better nature, get her to feel sympathy for him. Maybe he could get out of this mess.

((ooc: So sorry I took so long. I went forever without being able to post and had a hard time finding things since the forum changed. Forgive me.))