Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life is but a dream

Started by Ycharley, January 12, 2013, 11:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

Adrien looked over at her, and let a slight smile spread across his face. He waited until she was in a deep sleep, he could feel it. Adrien very slowly stood and pulled her up into his arms very gently. He held her with relative ease. He walked to the door and slowly walked through, making sure not to let her bump against the door frame.

He found a maid to lead them to Samantha's room, where he gently laid her into her bed and covered her up before leaving. He hoped that she slept well.

Zane

The first sound Samantha registered was the heavy rain drumming across the roof of the manor, the storm was persistent. The next thing that went through her head was the fact that she was in her room, she had fallen asleep in the study, with Adrien. Where was he? Sieg Hart was in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall, though logic told Sam that Sieg has to sleep, he never seems to show that he does.

"Adrien put you to bed after you dozed off, I assume he is waiting in the dining hall as breakfast will be ready soon." Was the Guard greeting.
"Alright thank you Sieg."

Samantha rose from the bed and went to change out of the dress from yesterday. Into a black tight V-neck shirt which was tucked into a flowing red and gold gown, the colors of the Liem family, before going off to the dining hall. Walking into the room she looked around, he wasn't there. Where was he?

Ycharley

Adrien had spent most of his morning with a maid, trying to find clothes that would fit his long lean but muscular build. Most of the shirts he tried on didn't fir his broad shoulders, and if it wasn't that, it swallowed him whole, appearing more like a night gown. Finally he found a pair of breeches and a loose fitting white cotton shirt.

He walked into the dinning room, his long legs in full stride. "Sorry if I'm a bit late, wardrobe malfunction, this should teach me to bring extra clothes with me," He spoke with a broad smile.

Zane

Samantha chuckled softly, part of her relieved that he was still here, the other part realizing that he had little reason to leave. "You fit a stranger's clothes well. My mother will most likely not be joining us. she is rather reclusive until dinner." With that she went to sit down, hoping that Adrien would take the seat next to her.

Ycharley

"Well that is okay, I came here for your company, not hers," Adrien spoke, pulling out the chair for Samantha. He pushed the chair in a bit before moving to the seat beside her. He sat down with a smile, "And thank you, though I had to try on a bit of clothing before I ran into this little outfit," She said with a little giggle. "Apparently not too many tall men in Connloath."

Zane

"No I would have to say that their aren't many tall men in Connloath." Vanessa said plainly, "But by the gods are you tall, nearly a head taller then I am." For a moment, the though crossed through he head on how tall and kids between the two of them would be, she quickly shook it from her head, that kind of thinking could lead to tangents. The Waitstaff came out with the meal, poached eggs over easy, stir-fried potatoes, and bacon.

Ycharley

Adrien took a few bites of his food and leaned heavily back in his seat. "Yeah, I want the recipe for everything here for my cook at the palace I just bought. The previous owner had different tastes than I, or was always too drunk to care either way," He spoke laughing.

He looked at her for a moment, before I smile spread across his face. "Has anyone told you how amazingly beautiful your eyes are, I don't see how people could look at any other part of your body, your eyes steal my attention away from everything else."

Zane

Samantha too a few choice bites of the food, delicious as always. "You could get the recipes, or alternatively you could try to convince me to come and live with you, I know all the recipes by heart and cook them rather well." When she realized what she said her hand popped over her mouth and she started laughing. "I took up cooking last summer, this past winter I learned all our chef could teach, that was also when we made the dish that you had last night, I still don't have a name for it though."

Ycharley

Adrien turned to look at her and smiled, "So I have a chance to convince you to come with me? Well that is nice to know, I will make sure that I keep that in mind." He took a few more bites, enjoying the taste. He leaned back once again in his seat, thinking about the home he had just bought. "So do you really think I should decorate my house in a mundane way simply because I have a lower rank? Or was that you trying to run me off?"

Zane

"A little of both I'm afraid, but of course you could always go outside the norm, which people will react one of two ways to. Scorn you or hold you in high respect. It really depends on where it is and who lives there." Samantha went back to eating, one of the unfortunates of having social status is matters such as this, surely Adrien would know that.

Ycharley

"Well it is in Uthlyn, so I'm thinking about commissioning a few artists to help freshening up the place," He spoke with a slight sigh. "Plus I want to make sure it is fit for a Marquess. You see there is this beautiful Marquess that I am very interested in. I want to make sure that the place would be up to her standards and liking," Adrien continued before taking another bite of food.

Zane

Samantha smiled fondly, "How queer of you to be here instead of going after this Marquess. But hey, here is an idea, I myself am a Marquess so perhaps I could help you, tell you what interest me in hopes that she feels the same? Tis a very logical conclusion to come to but I'm not sure I could do much good, after all my upbringing was spent in the library or with the tutor, but I shall try." the smile on her face grew as she spoke.

Ycharley

A broad smile slowly spread across Adrien's face until he was smiling brilliantly. "Well m'lady, I think your opinion will do perfectly. I think your opinion will match hers perfectly now that I think about it," Adrien stated before looking down at the table in front of him. He could feel his demon side, calling to use the girl, screaming to use his abilities to get a bit closer to the bedroom. This was foreign to him. He had fallen in love before, but it had always been after a physical relationship. He had never had tried courting a lady and falling in love before enjoying her body first.

Zane

Samantha finished the last of her food before speaking, "Well you should be sure to have a stocked library, multitudes of books of various genre, as well as many places where she could hang art as she will indelibly paint. A collection of instruments would be helpful as most people of nobility have taken up an instrument. And the best bed money can buy, Marquess are known to have expensive tastes, also a wide variety of food would be helpful, as she would attempt at cooking."

Ycharley

Adrien placed his hand on his chin as if deep in thought, "Well, it all seems doable. I myself am an avid reader so I take pride in my ever expanding library. The palace is rather large so there are plenty places for art and of course I play several instruments so that would be no problem. If she would cook for me, I would stock the kitchen with whatever food she so desired," He spoke softly, taking a deep breath.

Zane

Samantha laughed a little, "Well seems like you have everything figured out, looks lke you don't need me anymore." She gave him a sidelong glance before rising from the chair and heading towards the door, she was almost out of the room before she turned and looked at him funny. "Well? Are you coming?"

Ycharley

"Well, I disagree, I think you are the one thing that I am missing," Adrien said with a flirtatious smile. Once she turned around Adrien quickly stood, his long legs quickly closing the gap between them.

"Where are you taking m'lady?" He asked once he had closed the gap. 

Zane

'You shall see." She led him into the maze of halls that is Liem manor. The manor was actually built to be confusing. One staircase will take you up two flights and into a long hall, at the end of the gall is a staircase that takes you down one flight to a hallway not accessable any other way. It is a place that takes total memorization. Then their are the little secrets. Samantha grabbed one off the torches off the wall pulling it down, revealing one of the manor's many secrets, a panel of the wall cam ajar and Samantha pulled it open. Leading to a secret garden under a sunroof. "Close the wall behind you."

Ycharley

Adrien was glad that he had had a guide through the maze of halls. He was told that his palace had quite a few secret doors, rooms, and passages and the Liem manor was making him rather excited for when he had all the passages of his new home memorized.

He closed the door quickly and looked around the garden, it was rather beautiful. "Well, wow," He stated before walking into the room a bit. "This place is, rather amazing."

Zane

Samantha smiled fondly, looking around the garden. "I love this room, simply because, until most recently, I was the only one who knew of it. It's a great place to be whenever my father returns from the tavern. I like to come in here and read, or play an instrument. The entire garden is protected with magic, a plant will from to its peak quickly then never wilt."