Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hangover! (Open)

Started by Doc, January 24, 2013, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Eliana had only time to nod to Sylus before Wulfgar launched his own assault.  She caught herself staring -- just as most of the guards who were still standing were staring.  She had the instincts of a con artist, however, and she knew she could use this to her advantage.

Their commander had rallied his troops, but their morale was still low...and seeing their own so abused, surely, wouldn't help.

Her blue eyes were hard and shone with malice as she stepped forward, the movement alone earning her the attention of the soldiers.  With her head held high and shoulders back, she radiated confidence.  She looked disheveled -- and dangerous.  The messy bun that had been holding her hair back had slipped to allow the strands framing her face to pull free, and she unconsciously struck a pose that highlighted her very feminine curves.  A few drops of blood darkened one cream sleeve, her hand, and her skirt, and a lock of hair was caught in a smudge on her cheek, but it was all too clear that she had yet to be wounded in the encounter.  Her dagger was red with blood, and her whip was coiled menacingly beside her.  She looked like a goddess of war, as beautiful as she was deadly.

"The next man goes out the window.  Alive."  Her voice was soft, yet pitched so the room could hear.  It came out sounding like a promise rather than a mere threat.  "Go home to your wives and children.  Or you'll be killed.  To a man."

Doc

Sylus hid the smile that wanted to creep onto his face as Eliana stepped forward and took charge of the situation. Unlike most, Sylus had no illusions about 'a womans place' and was more than willing to let her take the lead if it kept him alive. He did straiten himself up however, squaring off his shoulders and standing behind her as he swept the group with menacing violet eyes, vacant of mercy. If he looked hungry to continue killing, it was only because he was. His wickedly inward curved knife dripped with blood and gore as his other dagger, yet to be used, shone bright and deadly. He positioned himself to be the wind of death that Eliana could cast at her command.

It was all very intimidating and was working quite well until a gargled cry drew everyones attention from them. All eyes snapped to Wulfgar in time to see him hurl an unsuspecting man out the window, as she had promised. His screams lingered only for a moment before being forever silenced with a soft thud. Wulfgar looked around the room, obviously pleased with himself until his eyes caught that of Sylus and Eliana. His smile faded away and all he could do was offer a small shrug. So he had misunderstood her, so what?

The guard commanders eye twitched with anger, but the sound of the screaming man had done the trick. He could tell by the looks in the eyes of his men that they were scared. This ambush had been planned well, but poorly executed it seemed. Even he cast a nervous eye toward Wulfgar before pointing his sword at Eliana.

"Don't think this is over, whore!" He bellowed with anger, even as he backed toward the door. A nod of his head toward his men was all they needed to begin gathering up their comrades and backing out as well. The guard commander cast another snarling remark at the bitch in charge, "We'll be back! And then we'll see just what that whip'll get you!"

With that he grabbed one man under the arm and began helping him down the stairs with the help of another man. Wulfgar frowned, well pouted really, throwing his axe on his shoulder as he watched the men leave and with them the hope for more fighting.

Ivory

Eliana blinked once at Wulfgar, but she lost nothing of her cool confidence as she watched the commander for a decision.  It was not until the commander announced their retreat that her stony gaze shifted, lightened by a beautiful smile.  Even smiling, she held herself ready to defend herself if it became necessary.

"Until then," she answered warmly, sounding more like a woman bidding her lover good night than a desperate, cornered thief or a proud, blood-thirsty warrior.  She held herself like that, poised, until the men had gone -- and even then, until after their footsteps had faded from the stairs outside.  Only then did she allow herself a soft sigh as she relaxed.

And to think the room had been in shambles before!

"I'm glad you both are on my side," she murmured as she turned away from the doorway.  "You are indeed a frightening man, Wulfgar."  Her blue eyes slid from the human back to the half-elf, and her smirk widened.  "And I hope to learn more about your talents very soon."

Her eyes dropped down to a man at her feet -- a thief sprawled out over the top of a whore, looking very much look they had fallen asleep in the middle of their business.  She nudged the man with her foot, earning a snort and mutter from the man.  In fact, most of the room was, somehow, still asleep; the few who had awakened were looking around in groggy confusion but without the sense of alarm awakening to a bloodbath should have instilled in them.  "How in the Gods' names are these people still asleep?"

Doc

"Frightening?" Wulfgar gave Eliana a curious look, his frown disappearing in a broad smile as he boasted, "You don't need to fear Wulfgar! Only virgins and the weak should fear me!" His boisterous laughter shook the big man as he gave a nearby cutthroat a stiff kick in the ribs. The man cussed groggily, curling around his side before falling asleep. Wulfgar laughed at this too for a moment, before frowning down at the man, "This is why no one beats me in a drinking contest.." He muttered, somewhat dejectedly.

"Charming.." Sylus muttered at Wulfgars comment about his prowess, though his attention soon returned to Eliana. A somewhat wry grin spread across his face as he tipped his head in her direction. Sylus moved around the sleeping and the fallen to retrieve his unused bottles of wine. Removing the wicks he frowned with a heavy sigh, eyeing the bottles, "Now the balance will be all off. And they're opened, which means they'll need to be drunk..."

With a heavy, heartfelt sigh he looked at Wulfgar and then sat down all but one bottle of the wine. He nodded toward them, unwilling to actually speak giving them to the man, but it mattered little to Wulfgar who lit up like a child.

Keeping one bottle Sylus sauntered over to Eliana, that wry grin returning as he held up the bulbous bottle of brandywine, "I believe we had some business you wish to finish?" He cast a cursory glance at the man she nudged and then shrugged, unconcerned and unimpressed, "Who knows what they put in there? None of them look dead, which is good I suppose.." Though he didn't sound either pleased or disappointed at the idea.

Ivory

She was trying, forlornly, to scrub that image from her mind's eye.  The thought of Wulfgar and virgin girls was, indeed, a frightening one.

Sylus's interruption was, therefore, a most welcome one!

"Your room or mine?" she wondered, smoothly lifting up both eyebrows in inquiry.  "I believe I have some clean glasses in my room."  There were a few amenities as well -- little things that she had collected over the years that brought her some comfort...not that they were going to use many of those, although, eventually, a hot bath might be in order...

Between the combat and what was about to happen, she imagined she might need a nice, long soak sooner or later...

Doc

"You're leaving..?" The big mans face fell as he looked between the two, a bottle of wine in each big hand, "But, who'm I gonna drink with?" It was only after a moment of looking between the two did Wulfgar figure out just what they were leaving to do. His brows went up as he let out a quick sharp breath, and then a wicked wry grin spread across his lips. While he was human and man and therefore a bit jealous of his friend, he was also smart enough to know that not everyone could handle him. Some women were scared of what he could do, and Wulfgar was okay with that as he flipped over the heavy table of before with one hand and a foot and then sat down to enjoy his drinking.

"Yours will do nicely.." Sylus said quietly as he moved to the door, opening it for the woman as they so often enjoyed having done. Sylus' room was well stocked and looked more at home in a castle than in these crumbling towers. Fine silk sheets and curtains and while he lacked in amenities he was in no short supply of comfort items. Not to mention his bed, which was one of his most prized possession. It had not just one, but two layers of downy feathers wrapped in cotton then wrapped in silk.

He did not much relish the idea of their hot sweaty bodies, nor the juices and run off of their carnal acts, staining or soaking into his bed or sheets. No, he was more than willing to go back to her place. His words were smooth as he watched her pass with that same wry, silently amused, grin, "Please, allow me the pleasure to follow after you.."

Ivory

Eliana was truly grateful Wulfgar seemed to come to accept their departure.  She laughed softly, musically, at his comment and inclined her head in a slight bow.

"I expect the pleasure to be mutually beneficial," she answered cheerfully, leading him the short distance from the makeshift tavern to her room.

OOC: Eliana and Sylus are continuing here.  This thread remains open to anyone else wishing to join it!

Tags: