Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Guildfist Territory

Started by Zane, February 04, 2013, 11:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

The Guildfist Territory started out as a single character in a thread where he returns home, it then blew way out of proportion and if I don't make this group it will nag away at me. I has to. I wants to. I has prepared for it. Introducing, The Guildfist Territory.

Guildfist: a brief history.

A long time ago in a galaxy...... lets try again......

Long before the kingdoms of Serendipity, Connloath, and Adela were even ideas in the minds of men, there was war on a massive scale between dwarves and elves, humans were caught in the middle. The Guildfist, then called The Rike, were a guild of warriors lead by Axenel Rike, their sole purpose was to defend a rather prosperous human colony, the problem was that colony sat on a healthy deposit of various ores, and the dwarves wanted it. The Dwarf Lord, Gamwise the Honored, was sent with a legion to get it.

For six weeks, the fighters of the Rike held strong against the dwarven legion. Gamwise realized that these fighters were not like the others human fighters, the Rike fearlessly spit in the face of death. He respected that. As apart of a relocation agreement, the Rike would hold the colony from the elves long enough for Gamwise and his followers to build a new home.

For two years, the members of the Rike fought hard against elven volley and slaughter. In the process Axenel Rike was killed and they cast away their name to honor him, becoming known as the Guild of Fists, as their emblem was a clenched fist. When all hope seemed lost, Gamwise came to the rescue.

The home Built for the colony was virtually impregnable, carved out of a mountain with very subtle entrances, the most noticeable being a small crevice in the side of the mountain on a high pass. As time passed, Gamwise brought other human colonies to the castle of the mont and the Guild of Fists simply became known as Guildfist and took the emblem of Gamwise the Honored, a war hammer.

As Adela, Serendipity and Connloath were formed, Dwarves and Elves flocked to the castle, quickly becoming it's own kingdom, recognized as an independent territory, fit to govern itself.

The Layout of the Guildfist Territory

As other nations expanded outward, the Guildfist territory expanded downward. Orriginally starting out as a castle and spire carved out of the sheer rock of the mountain and surrounded by mountains itself, it is very, very isolated. As more people came to live there, they expanded down into the earth, making a vast and expansive city all underground, a small river feeds into the basin that the castle sits in and runs through the lower levels of the castle and through the city into a underground lake about a mile beneath the surface. the underground caverns are lit with sun stones, a naturally occurring crystal that shines during day time and glows when the moon is out.

Daily life

Life in the Guildfist territory is fairly relaxed, there is a market above ground in the castle courtyard that is a popular place to hang out, meet new people, and children aren't expected to do much by government standered though schooling is mandatory and free until the age of fifteen, so from dawn till high noon, most children are in various classes.

Anyone between the age of eighteen and twenty five have the option to enter the Guildfist Combat training, those training live in the lower section of the castle, those who have passed the training live in the middle section until the age of thirty when they are given the option to retire from standing military. The Best of the Military recruits are invited to enter the spire, where they can become the famous and mysterious Spec Ops

There is no economy in the Guildfist territory, people tend to do things out of kindness for others, or often times in exchange for a favor. Every day, food is given out to each family, three meals per person per household, those without jobs are given slightly smaller meals, students get a larger breakfast, and soldier/soldiers in training get the largest meals of all.

The Monarchy plays a major role in the territory, including regulation of food and the overseeing of the Vita Flamma, one of the sacred things to the people of the territory. Every person has their own Vita Flamma, it is a unique color, brightness, and temperature, to each person

There are three Smith Lords, a Human Smith, a Dwarf Smith, and an Elf Smith. Whom are herald as geniuses, more seen as Idols, they oversee all blacksmithing in the Guildfist territory.

The Caste System

King or queen
Crown Prince/princess
other Princes/princesses
The Spec Ops
Smith Lords
Military
Laborers
Everyone Else

So yeah, you can pretty much join anyone for anything, I already have three characters for this, the crown prince soon to be king, the human smith lord and a spec ops. Since this is a small kingdom and not a guild per say, only the King, military officers and Smith Lords will be listed here, But I will get around to that later. Ethnicity for those born in the Guildfist territory is Riken, as a reference to the Rike

Tags: