Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Official Connlaothian Civil War Plot Thread

Started by visualspice, February 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

A NEW GRAND DUKE WILL RISE!
View the official reference page here for a quick guide to the war!

So...
Ever since I joined here in little old SOTE- I've been plotting some to have my character Calent become the Grand Duke of Connlaoth .
Now that that has officially been approved, I'll be developing his plot to get him in that direction, starting off with the identity of the new Grand Duke being in question before Calent will step forward to accept the position he's been pining for for some time.

HOWEVER
There's a big hitch to this plan.
Calent, unbeknowest to himself, is a mage, and has very powerful corrupt magics residing within him, which have shown themselves few times and are always during periods after he blacks out.
These black outs, however, come to him later in the form of dreams and nightmares. He has committed unknown acts of murders- once, long ago on his fiance, and more recently, on his very own father (not that anyone is aware of any of these facts).

AND

To add more meat to the pot, Calent loathes mages. He loathes them so much that in his minor duchy the law has been more strict against them, and his own father had even decimated another duchy who was once linked to it's own but has since gone another route- supporting and verbally pleaing for more mages rights, claiming not all mages can be bad, and blah-de-blah.
Needless to say, this duchy was naturally destroyed, and only one heir of this blood line remains-
Katahnia.
She's another one of my characters that will (eventually- give me a few months to get her back story up and going XD it's in the works) but she will eventually rise up to help those who are suffering under Calent's new and strict order of ruling over Connloath, not even just the mages, but any of the weak and suffering, the poor- and will become a hero among them to help in any way she can, to make them finally free, as her parents had wished so long ago.

So this basically means

CIVIL WAR AGAINST THE MAGES!

Now these thread ideas can go many ways and will affect alot of Connlaoth, but not all of it.
Knights will be rallied into battle, mordecai will be summoned into a more elite brand of warriors to directly aid the new Grand Duke himself and help to champion his cause and snuff out the rebellion that will soon rise.  Also, just posting this as a heads up since this might also affect other countries as well as anyone passing through the country, gossip and the likes (but please note: THE WAR HAS NOT STARTED YET) It is in the works :D  AND WILL HAPPEN DX

So, anyways! I just wanted to post out my ideas (as I'm still working on finalizing them) and there will most certainly be other ideas branching off of these plots, so yeah- if anyone is interested in participating in such threads, just contact me :D

Calent's position as Grand Duke is going to be shaky, depending on how the conflict and war within his own country goes- but since it's Connlaoth, there is a very real fear about the people against mages to begin with- so he merely needs to pull a few strings, word things in such a way to call to his people to rise up and champion his cause.  There is much drama to be had!! Yessssss...

I will post a reply later with some of my more broadly developed ideas, but figured I'd at least announce my intentions~

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

MORE INFO!

Looshi has made a lovely new guild for those to join who might (someday) wish to join the resistance, since this little guild works almost as a safe haven for those under persecution by the strict government.
Find more info here

I've already made a new character to toss into it, so I encourage more :3
AND even people who might be hired to oppose those who are a part of it, etc
See Jinai's profile here.

ROLES I WOULD LOVE TO SEE STARTING TO FORM:

***Soldiers/ Knights in Connlaoth (including Mordecai)
***Rogue mages/ Bandits etc (who may or may not be apart of the above mentioned guild)
***Upper Class Nobles whom this might affect
***Everyday people whom this might affect

** Please note, it might take another month to get the actual war up and running as I'm cleverly concocting some back story plots in the following threads:
What A Man Wants- featuring Calent and Kathryn (whom is Calent's new fiancee)

Hot Chaos featuring Katahnia and Cauwyn where Katahnia is destined to become a resistance leader and figure

Shadows and Dreams Calent forms a meeting with his elite mordecai known as 'The Hunters'

--------
QUICK LIST OF MY CHARACTERS TO BE INVOLVED
--------

Characters are supporting the cause...
FOR CONNLAOTH!
Calent
Serenus
Killian (though I'd like to see him be torn on which side to take)
Zannrick
Melora
Valia (though I could see her be forced onto the opposing side inadvertently with the right kind of plot)

FOR MAGES!
Katahnia
Gherrick
Jinai

NO, I'M STUCK INBETWEEN! DX
Dekka
Aella
Draven
Odessa (Bwahahahaha)

***All characters have links in my sig***

Any of those with characters already involved or with interest, please kindly reply and list whom is involved, what side, etc so it's here for the record X3

PM me if you have any questions and would like to plot :D

*Any of the characters listed above 'might' be open to some threading. Just poke me if you've got a cool idea :3
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Doc

For Connlaoth!
Marcus
Michael

For Mages!
Cauwyn!

Stuck in the middle!
Bael (for now..)

Juno

Stuck in the middle! (:<

Awiergan (for now, though she doesn't know this |8 )

Paradox

Well, you know my ideas. I'll post them here/edit this post if I don't have to vanish in the next day or so.

Ivory

I'm going to post here, because I can.  Yaysauce!

For Connlaoth:
Kathryn (although that's fairly quickly going to become for herself, I think)
Audric

The rest of my characters might tsk disapprovingly, but they're certainly not going to get involved either way!

PS, every time I see "stuck in the middle" a certain song comes to mind...  <3  And now it's stuck in my head and won't go away!  D:

Looshi

For Mages
Torri Clarth(Of course. Another character is to come for this, I just need to finish their profile and stuffs!)

Filtiarn

visualspice

Hey, just posting again here to remind anyone if they want to join Looshi's guild 'The Free Folk'; don't hesitate. We can all make fun plots if you want to be a part of or opposing such a guild.

Also, Paradox had a cool idea to make something involving rogue mages (and not necessarily good ones) to toss into the mix, so something like that might be occurring as well (Paradox, I'll PM you my ideas but feel free to do the same (unless all that you told me in yahoo messenger is all you've got planned at this time- but I've got ideas I need to toss your way. Just pester me when I'm home later tonight~)

Ugh, I'm so tired. I'll also be away most of next week, but I'll try to get the ball rolling to get a few threads started that this brewing war will affect perhaps by the end of the month, if not, then in April maybe?
Either way, expect more post plotting, and don't' hesitate to post your ideas here, especially if you're seeking to start up a thread :3
I'm also going to be moving along to promote Calent to the Grand Duke soon, so keep your eyes peeled when that starts. I might make that thread open, but we'll see~ It'll be all politics and mudslinging, I swear~ FUn times 8D

-the spice

Lion

FOR HIMSELF/MONEY
  Tenran Cyneran

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Ericnox

For Mages/ Himself [/i]
Ericnox Shattersoul

visualspice

Two new characters who would be FOR MAGES, however, Kella would be more undecided/torn and would rather be left out of it~

INTRODUCING MY TWO TWINS:
Blaith Harmond and Kella Harmond

Blaith's plot is to become a radical mage to stir up the initial cause of trouble, causing incident (that will be happening soon) prior to the dispute that will be coming up over the new Grand Duke's position. (read his profile for more information about this as to why)

Kella more or less may work as a catalyst for her brother. Since she's run away from him, he's more or less hunting her so maybe I can come up with more reasons he'd turn into even more of a psychopath XD  She's afraid of what sorts of powers these twins posses.

I eventually would like to see Blaith teaming up with other mages who would like to cause/stir up trouble. I will (hopefully) have some sort of thread for this pair up before I'm gone next week, but if not, I'll start something when I get back~

I shall be posting more, or rather, forcing Paradox to post some more plot ideas soon (since we've been brainstorming via yahoo messenger)

visualspice

MORE WAR RELATED THREADS

Pennies and Dimes for a Wish- Featuring Jinai, of the Free Folk and Tenran the bounty hunter
Sweet and Sour- featuring Lady Valia and Lord Gabriel Coleridge (though right now the war isn't entirely affecting her or her new fiance.. yet!)
City of the Falling- the first traces of unrest are posted here, with indications Duke Calent will assume the newly vacated position as Grand Duke. This thread features my twins, Blaith and Kella and Elapheesa's character, Farn.
Flying by the Memories- a flash back thread featuring Gherrick and Ivory's character, Elaina and it ties into the mysterious death of Duke Calent's betrothed

More threads to come :D

I'll probably want to start one with Killian and a few others later, but yeah- figured I'd post here since some plot things are slowly moving. Hoping to start the first post involving the first real 'slaughter/ attack' of mages soon :3  (though this might just happen in the City of the Falling thread, since it involves the first real tastes of unrest).

Don't hesitate to PM me or post your thoughts for future plots here :3

-the spice

visualspice

The Men with Metal Hearts
This is a 'group' thread featuring knights in training, and potential misadventures! If you are interested in joining, PLEASE PM me ^^

This is another thread involving the war and has some more important information contained in the first paragraph or so- showcasing how Reajh reacted to the killing of the last Grand Duke (who was murdered by my mage, Blaith Harmond).
These are knights that are training to prepare to protect their country as mage laws become stricter and stricter throughout the country, and mages are being snuffed out of cities and dragged off like cattle to the mountains to be kept there under strict supervision while the country plots what to do with them.

WAR PLOTTING IS ALWAYS GOING ON SO DO NOT HESITATE TO MESSAGE ME WITH IDEAS! :3

visualspice

Here are....
Moar threads to be added to the war related list!

An open thread (PM first before joining sort of thing) is one for my character Katahnia.
Hanging from an Ice, Cold Chandelier takes place well after a lot of blood has been spilled and the mages were beginning to rise up and fight against the new laws repressing them as enforced by the new Grand Duke Calent, after the unknown mage terrorist had killed the former Grand Duke. So this takes place after Katahnia's current thread titled: Hot Chaos.
Unlikely heroes are encouraged to 'apply', though any ideas will be considered if you wish to join the open thread with Katahnia. Just PM me if interested :D

Also, the following threads can be added to the war list:
The Coldest Day of the Year- with my character Killian and paganchick's character Solita. This thread is basically about a soldier having to cope with the cruelties of the war and how it affects him personally.

Second Chances- with my character Kella and Rhi's character Alexander-.  Kella has fled from the capital city of Reajh when all of the chaoticness was going on after the former Grand duke was killed. She is fearful of her life, of the new mage laws, and of her crazy twin brother finding her. She believes he has gone mad and she has no idea he is actually the killer of the former grand duke.

High-ho, the merry-oh, a hunting we will go!- another thread with my character Killian and Rhi's character Faolan :3
Two soldiers going out on their own to personally witness the first full 'realities' of this war.

IF you are interested in plotting with me in regards to the Connlaoth war, please PM me!
The following characters of mine are currently (or will be) involved with the war:
Calent (who is the new grand duke), Serenus, Zannrick, Killian, Jinai, Katahnia, Gherrick, Dekka Blade, Aella, Melora, Valia, Draven, Odessa, Blaith and Kella.

*All characters are linked in my profile signature :D

visualspice

Aaaaaaaaaand, another thread to add to the mix :T

The new Grand Duke's Ceremony will begin! Going to have it be (mostly) from Jinai's POV, so if interested in chasing her/ or helping her, feel free to PM me first before joining the open thread here:
Eyes on the Crown.

Klezmer Gryphon

Hey! Would a fallen god be able to partake in this civil war?

visualspice

any god or god like characters I'm steering clear from, only because I don't want character involved in a war that posses the power to erm, magically fix it XD
It would kind of suck for me to plot out this illustrious war for resident Connlaothians to suffer through, only to hvae half a years worth of plottings and efforts magically thwarted 8D

I'd also like to keep it to characters on the home front (though outsiders are more than welcome, naturally!)

I suppose I'd have to hear your idea to see if it would fit. I'll also be working on a time line of sorts since i'd like the war to keep expanding story wise, so different threads can take place during different times in the war to help it build up a bit faster towards the end (not sure if that'll make sense until I post some more updates, which I might do today or tomorrow)

Anyways, hope that answers your question XD

Klezmer Gryphon

He's not all powerful. His most powerful abilities have been stripped away, although he is still a powerful magic-user. Although, since he is immortal, that might be something to be worked out....

Brisinger987

For Connlaoth (Via Payment)
Torak.

But only for the money, and the severe dislike of Jinai.