Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Flying by the Memories

Started by visualspice, February 21, 2013, 01:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Gherrick spit his drink out onto the table. With a cringe, he turned towards her.
"So.. what say you and I head up to that room a little early. I'm sure the waitress might understand?" After all, most men and women of their age.. well, you know. And well, as he grabbed onto her hand, he made quick to disappear into the back, snatching up their key before he and Eliana disappeared into their room.
Though he hadn't lit a candle, so it was black as pitch when he closed the door.

"Do you think they saw us?" he asked through a breath.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Unlike Gherrick, whose instinct was to spit his brandy out on the table, Eliana's instinct was to down her glass with gusto.  No sense in letting good brandy go to waste!

Following Gherrick upstairs, she strained her ears then slowly shook her head.  "There are no boots on the stairs."  If they happened to ask the waitress, however...

"We were too suspicious downstairs."  She exhaled softly.  It would be easier to pretend to be someone else alone...but Gherrick was a part of this.  She looked him over critically, then said, decidedly, "If the serving girl fails to send them upstairs, we should have to make some changes come morning...beginning with our cover story."

She settled down on the bed, momentarily alarmed when it shifted unsteadily beneath her.  Well, tonight was going to be cozy...

"A war-bride," she decided.  In the darkness of the room, he would hear the rustle of cloth as she began to peel away her wet clothing.  He may not like it, but sleeping in soaked clothing would lead to a cold or worse.  "From the border of Serendipity.  You're bringing me home to meet your parents."  Such clothing was common enough and should be easy to acquire...  "You hardly look Connlaothian, but it's the best we can do, given the circumstances."

visualspice

Gherrick nodded, but then stiffened at the sounds of her removing her clothes. Good thing she couldn't see his hot pink cheeks. Then at her suggestions of a plan, it took some time for his mind to catch up to him before he muttered, "Unless we duck out and escape through the window." He smirked, though she probably couldn't see it too well in the dark, even as his eyes began to adjust and he began to see... her.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"And likely into the arms of the waiting patrol?" Eliana asked with another shake of her head.  "No, thank you."  Rising, she draped her clothing over a chair, then sank back onto the mattress and, soon enough, beneath the covers.  She had left on her underthings, wet though they were, in an effort to be, just a bit, decent.  The thin material should dry quickly enough...

"I'm not going to bite, Gherrick.  Do you not trust me to behave?"

visualspice

Gherrick was still staring at her before he blinked himself back into reality.
"W-what do you mean?"

Ivory

Eliana exhaled quietly.  That poor boy...!  Were she feeling more like herself, she would have left him little choice in the matter...and, perhaps, the memory would have served him well in the future...

"I mean that I will not take advantage of you as sleep.  In any way."  Patiently, she smoothed the covers around her as she peered at his outline.  "So, take your clothes off and come to bed.  We shall have to get to work early tomorrow."

Really!  That boy!

Half-heartedly, she said, "It's a very big bed, Gherrick."  It really wasn't...  "There will be plenty of room for each of us to have a little privacy."  Well, not so much, really...

visualspice

Gherrick stared.
And stared and stared as he could now fully see her in the dark. Thankfully, the darkness was still enough to mask his blush as he gave a nervous smile and rub at the back of his head.
"I-I-I couldn't possibly. Really, I can sleep well enough on the floor." Though discarding his clothing seemed like a good option, he wasn't about ready to abandon his silks just yet.

Ivory

"You'll get splinters," she answered him knowingly.  "And I'm certainly not sharing my blanket."  As uncomfortable as it was!  "Besides, we'll both be much warmer if we share the bed."

It was a question of comfort and practicality -- not of decency!

Stifling a yawn, she threw back the covers and swung her legs out of bed, already noting the chill in the air.  Reaching for his arm, she caught his sleeve and moved down to find his hand.

"Come," she urged with a little tug.  "To bed."

visualspice

"Splinters? Nonsense! You're t-talking to a pirate! I'm used to sleeping on planks!" Gherrick tried to protest, but when her hand caught his, he froze and stiffened, and the little tug caught him off guard. Little tug or not, Gherrick lost his footing with a yelp and found himself landing, face first in her chest.

OOC: loooooooool

Ivory

Eliana looked down at him with a sigh, then gave her head a little shake.  He was being such a baby, and now look what happened!

It was too bad she hadn't come prepared for this little adventure.  She would have drugged him just to get him comfortable and put in bed...because of it was this much of a fight to get him into the bed, how on earth was she going to convince him to at least, partially, undress??

"If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say that was deliberate," she said, her amusement plain.  "Do you want to keep this up, or are you going to settle down and go to sleep?"

visualspice

Red faced, Gherrick could not help himself but laugh.
"Alright, alright. I concede! I concede!" and he bowed his head to her, raising from the bed and began to untie his pants.
"And er.. sorry about that," he said, his cheeks still burning as his pants dropped to the ground, his back towards her as he worked at removing his shirt; and the 'gold' embroidered Seven was now replaced with a scared back and a black tattoo of it.

Ivory

"It was an accident, wasn't it?" she inquired, settling back beneath the scratchy blanket that covered the bed.  It wasn't much warmer there, but it was, at least, better than sitting out in the cold with no protection at all!  "So there's no reason to apologize."

Of course, even if it hadn't been an accident, there was no reason to apologize, either!

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you'd never shared a bed with a woman before."  She yawned prettily, focusing on plumping her pillow.

visualspice

Now mostly undressed, Gherrick turned around, ready to finally commit himself over to the bed, when he paused in mid-stride, his eyes going wide, face pinker by her statement.
"That's because I have not," he told her, truthfully.

Ivory

Eliana stared at him -- and made no secert of the fact she was doing so.

She was tempted to ask again if he was gay, but that, she felt, might be going too far.

Instead, she pulled back the covers invitingly, patiently holding them open so that he could join her.  Only once he had settled down beside her did she tuck the covers around him with the attention of a mother.

"Even three days ago," she murmured, purposefully taking no notice of whether her proximity to him was making him uncomfortable, "I would have considered that to be a challenge."  In spite of her promises about how large the bed and blanket were, she seemed in no hurry to test them; instead, she snuggled up against his lean body with her cheek against his shoulder.  There was nothing sexual -- intentional or otherwise -- in the action; she was simply seeking the comfort and warmth of another.

Her eyes closed lightly against her cheeks, and she added with a soft smile, "But if you ever want to do more than sleep..."  Well, she wouldn't be opposed to the idea.  At all.

He really was making her feel better!

visualspice

More...
than...
sleep?

His mind froze at the words, his body growing rigid as she nestled into him. But even still, he couldn't help himself but sigh through his nose, smirk with flat lips and blow some of his loose red hair from his eyes.

"A gentleman would never take advantage of a woman. Each one should  be treated as a goddess in her own right."
And if she heard him carefully, he would noticed him whispering a soft, silent prayer in another tongue. But it was so brief and airy, it might also have been disguised as sounding like something else.

"But I lied when I said I never shared a bed with a woman. I had a sister once. We had nestled in like this when I was younger. BUt now that I am older, I know it is not a proper thing to do with a woman whom a man is not wed. Call me a prude or what you will, I'll treat you as delicate and sweet as a flower, for all women deserve that."
Then his smile continued leftward as he shrugged.
"Though I suppose one nice thing about sharing a bed like this is that it is a bit warmer now with two people." Though he shivered, recallign the cold, and his hair was damp, after all. But again,t he smile was kept as he glanced her over, before he nestled into the bed.

"But yes, for now, all I wnat to think about is sleep."
And not the fact he had a beautiful women nestled against him.
He was a man, after all, but he ignored anything stirring inside him as he closed his eyes.
Thankfully there was a blanket...
and the rest of her body not pressed up that closed to his.

Ivory

"I think I will call you a prude," she answered, smile stretching into a smirk.  Her voice was already beginning to drift away, however, carried by the gentle dreams that flowed into her.  "I've..."  And here the statement was interrupted by a yawn.  "...Never met a prude before.  Makes you special."

Morning came soon enough.  Eliana had slipped out of the room early in order to do some shopping.  When she returned mid-morning, she looked like a different girl altogether.  Her hair had been bleached, erasing all trace of the blue-black of before, and had been neatly braided in the Connlaothian style.  Her own clothing were gone, replaced, instead, with a simple outfit befitting a country girl.  Even her skin had been lightened by a trick with make-up, and as long as it didn't rain...

"Sorry to keep you waiting," she apologized, even as she tossed a bundle over to her partner in crime.  "It took me a little longer than I would have liked, but you should look dashing, I imagine.  You should be able to fool...most everybody, I think."  She grinned cheekily.  "How much do you know about the military?"

visualspice

Gherrick had slept in longer than he had liked, and would dare not admit sleeping beside the warmth of another human was actually.. comforting. It did a number on his spirits (amongst other things) and he was glad to have some time to himself in the morning But when she returned, he stared at her, outh gaping like a fish at her blonde hair as he caught the bundle.

"You've dyed your hair." He blinked, smirking lightly as he raised his brows. "But why blonde? I heard red is a fancy color," he teased.

Ivory

"I'm not trying to be fancy," she answered with a laugh, throwing herself down onto the bed and watching Gherrick closely.  "I don't think the guards got a very good look at you, so between the outfit and the hair and the con, we should be safe enough."

This outfit was much more modest...almost suffocatingly so...  Once back in Serendipity, the first thing she was going to do would be to buy herself a nice dress so that she could breathe again!

"Do you think you can pretend to be a newly-wed, Gherrick?  Just until we reach the coast?"

visualspice

Gherrick blinked at the question, raising his brows some more.
"Eh? I.. I guess so." he gave a smirk, though it was a nervous one, and a laugh, then looked down at the sack and observed...
"WHere did you get this?" Really, how was she able to acquire such armor? And all while he was asleep!

Ivory

"Well, we are in Connlaoth, are we not?  Men are soldiers here, and that is all."  She smiled lazily.  "And they are men.  Not everyone is capable of your restraint."  And even that restraint, she thought, would crumble if she so desired it...

It wasn't that she had a big ego; she just knew that she was beautiful, and she was good at what she did.  Men...were men, and thank God they were.

"I also found a few loose coins.  Do you mind riding?  I imagine you don't often have the opportunity to practice..."

Tags: