Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

But I Am Rather The Fallen Angel... [Open]

Started by Lorcain, February 21, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorcain

Aksha said nothing for awhile.

"Fine. What do you want me to say? I won't attack you. You have my word. Now let me go, I always keep my promises." she spoke quickly. She was beginning to get claustrophobic, ironic, considering Hell isn't known for it's skies.

"Look, demons have short fuses and I'm not having the best day." she said, and started struggling lightly, avoiding using her claws.

Zero

Gavin continued to pin her for several long moments, mulling it over in his head. Pinning her there forever wasn't an option, and he was already getting bored of it. She was struggling again, although this time at least she wasn't trying to claw him to death. He wondered if he was bleeding.

With a grunt he stepped forward, to let her stand on her own feet or fall to the ground, he didn't really care which. Maybe he should have let the farmer's have her if she was going to give him so much trouble. Or he could have eaten her. Still could, but he doubted demon flesh was that great of a meal anyway.

"You should learn to control that temper, especially around people that can destroy you." Like he was one to talk.

Lorcain

[[My posts are getting shorter and shorter D: ]]

She dropped to the ground and decided to put a little space between them, about six feet away.

She scoffed. "By demon standerds my temper isn't that bad." she said as she tried to brush the debris from the tree off her back. "I'm just angry at Ma- my former master." she dusted herself, but all that did was smear the blood.

"Besides, I don't really have anyone I care about."

She breathed in and out to try to calm herself down.

"So... are we going anywhere?"

Zero

OOC: So are mine. It's fine. I will accept as long or as short of posts as need be! Sometimes there just doesn't need to be a lot of words. Quality, not quantity?

IC:

"Heh."

Taking out your rage on someone else wasn't a good excuse. Gavin knew this, but he also had a bad habit of taking out his own rage on whatever was close enough at hand to sink his fangs into.

His back was still turned to her as he shook his head. Who had said anything about anyone caring about her or her caring about anyone? It really wasn't any of his business and he didn't feel the need to know.

Irritation was gnawing at him, mainly because he couldn't remember what he had been doing before he killed the villagers. Suddenly he jerked around, looking at the demon skeptically.

"What do you mean are we going anywhere?"

Lorcain

[[ :D ]]

"I thought the meaning of that would be obvious." she said, frowning. "I still owe you, and you don't look like the type that can summon demons. So I have to follow you around," she paused in thought. "discreetly, if you want, until you think it's been paid back." she crossed her arms as she waited for him to answer.

He was lucky, even if he didn't realize it. It was rare for such a deal to be made, even more so by accident, where the demon helps on their own terms. This is why demons rarely help each other, because they'd all be in debt. Although might be honest, they have an uncanny ability to find loopholes. How did go?

"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."

Mages summon a demon, bind it and force it to help them in return to be freed.

Zero

[[AAAAAAAAH! I love Captain Jack Sparrow! -swoony fangirlness-]]

"Of course it was obvious, I was trying to give you a chance to take it back!"

Okay, maybe he was snapping at her again. Still, this was an annoyance he didn't really need. There were things he needed to get done. Having a tag-a-long would not make them easier, and might complicate his plans unnecessarily.

"Okay, okay...let's think about this rationally. You say you owe me one, and you want to follow me around. Do you realize that sounds insanely stupid? Unless you can grant me some kind of miracle, there isn't much you could actually do to help me. The last thing I need is someone getting in my way."

He had been ranting and begun pacing furiously as he did so. Hadn't he just gotten rid of an annoying burden a few months ago? He felt a bit of a stab of guilt at that thought. Burden or not, Nisha was his sister. He scrubbed his face with his hands. Wasn't it just the luck? Serves him right for helping someone.

Lorcain

[[ :) ]]

She noticed his face changed to what looked like guilt, although that was probably her imagination.

"If there's one thing I can do, it's being discreet! If my moron of a master hadn't zapped me to the bloody priest, none of this would have happened!" Getting in the way, tch! "I can stay out of sight." she said firmly.

She knew most people wouldn't be too happy with the idea of a demon following them around, but he was being strangely insistent.

"Unless you have another reason for not wanting me around?"

Zero

Gavin was still pacing, throwing her a few scowls just for good measure. He ignored the part about having another reason not to want her along. Was not wanting someone to babysit not enough of a reason?

He stopped pacing and fixed her with a piercing gaze. "Tell me something, what exactly do you hope to accomplish by following me around and pestering me? To payoff some debt you think you owe me? I saved you on accident. I just wanted to kill those peasants. It had nothing to do with you. I don't owe you nothing and you don't owe me nothing."

Maybe if he couldn't talk her away he could scare her away? It might come to that, he thought wearily.

Lorcain

"Ahaha! Double negatives! You just admitted you owe me!" she laughed, triumphant in her own little way. She grinned and strode towards him. She contemplated skipping in circles around him, but felt that would be too much.

"And now, even though I have quite obviously won this argument, I was going to say that accident or not, you still saved me."

A big stupid grin grew on her face.

Zero

Gavin gave the demon a blank look. What was she babbling about? "Double what? I just said that you didn't owe me."

He threw his hands up. This was pointless and wasting time. It was going to be a very long day. Maybe, if he was lucky, she would get bored and just go away on her own. In disgust her turned on his heel and started walking. Instinct told him he was going in the right direction.

"You know what? I give up. Follow if you want, but if you get in my way or make a nuisence of yourself I swear I will rip out your heart."

Lorcain

"You said I did not owe you nothing, which means I owe you something." she explained as she scampered after him. "You cancelled out the "nothing"."

Ooh, death threats already?

"You're welcome to try if you can find it." she giggled.

Now she had a way to learn more about Earth from her new, if volatile guide. She hadn't met a werewolf before, but she had read about them in stolen books from her master.

"So what's your name?"

Zero

As far as Gavin was concerned, nothing meant nothing, no matter what else he said with it. Whatever, he didn't need grammar lessons from a demon. Her laughter caused him to bristle slightly.

"If I can't find your heart, I'll just have to take your head instead, now won't I?"

His long legs could carry him quickly at even a walking pace, and he wasn't inclined to wait up for anyone. Sure, he didn't have a solid plan, but that wasn't going to stop him from getting to wherever it was he was going. The sinking thought occurred to him that she might talk the entire way.

"Gavin. Gavin Ulrich." He didn't ask for her name. Getting to know the demon wasn't exactly the top of his priority list. Just her presence put him on edge. She'd attacked him once already, and he figured as a demon she wouldn't have many qualms about trying to kill him if she had the opportunity and if it would gain her something.

Lorcain

She ignored his other threat and hopped to keep up with him. He did walk fast, and being short, especially for a demon, she had to work nearly twice as hard to keep up. It hardly fazed her though.

"I am Aksha." she said. Gavin. That was a funny name. Oh, the questions she could ask! Where to start? More about him? What about the area? Where were they going? She cracked her knuckles before getting started.

"I get the feeling you're broody even without me." she commented. Good choice? Bad choice?

Zero

There was the tempting thought to transform and take off running. Surely she wouldn't keep up with the wolf. Somehow he doubted it would really be that easy to get rid of her. Then again, maybe if he transformed she would at least shut up. Again he figured that really wouldn't help.

He laughed at her mention of his broodiness. The sound was slightly...off. Manic? Psychotic? Maybe a bit of both. It took him a few moments to regain control.

"Just all part of my charming personality. There's a difference when I'm by myself though." He wasn't going to ask her any questions, he didn't want to know more about her. Besides, she was obviously pretty new to the surface. An account of hell wasn't exactly something he wanted to hear. He was probably going there one day.

Lorcain

[[Tardy Lorcain is tardy >.< ]]

"Aha, you laugh like I do." she noted, chuckling.

"I see." she said, taking mental notes.

Another thought popped into her head.

"Are you able to walk freely in towns? Or do have to be in this form? Or can they smell the wolf? I can.." she couldn't hold it. She didn't like him, and while she couldn't attack him anymore, he could. But she was so curious.

Zero

[[Tardy? How can you be tardy? Don't ever worry about taking your time to post. I'm patient. ^_^]]

"Hm, I suppose we do." Gavin hadn't thought about them laughing in a similar manner.

He looked back over his shoulder at her, frowning. "I go into towns in this form. Wolves aren't exactly welcome inside the town limits, or prowling around farms. Livestock and all. Humans can't smell hardly anything, let alone a werewolf. Non-humans...some of them will know what I am, others won't."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Generally speaking my experience so far has been we non-humans will either seek each other out, or avoid each other. Me, I tend to avoid. You apparently seek and cling..."

Lorcain

"At least we have something in common." she chuckled.

"Bah. I've had a master for a year, but it felt like two. Old habits die hard?" Even though the name was fitting, she hated the mages' nickname for demons: "Servants".

"Strange. In Hell you're supposed to look up to the vicious and feral and all that. Humans are really easy to scare, arn't they?"

She jogged a little faster until she was beside him, so he wouldn't have to hurt his neck why is she thinking like this?

Uh-oh. This was an Alpha\Beta thing, wasn't it.

Zero

He didn't comment on their similar laughter. Having something silly like a way of laughing in common didn't change anything.

"So what? Having a master for a while make you clingy? Don't like to be alone?" There had to be some reason for her to be following him other than just thinking she owed him one. Gavin was well aware he wasn't exactly the most welcoming person, so there had to be something as far as he was concerned. Maybe being a weaker demon she just wanted his strength, like a bodyguard of sorts. Heh.

"Mm, isn't that nice? Good policy. Suck up to the stronger beings, leech off them and hope they keep all the other big nasties away. Humans should really think about that, or I guess in there own way they do follow that. It's complicated. Less brute strength and more about money."

Lorcain

She frowned at him.

"I am not clingy. As a matter of fact I do like "My Time" just as much. I just need a...."guide" for the surface for a bit. This is all new to me." She looked away from him. The sky was really bright. All these damn trees. She looked at the soil she was walking on. It was...soft. She thought that in its own way, it was rather beautiful, and made a change to the rock and fire. Fire was all well and good, but she needed a little variety, and it turned out the polar opposite wasn't half bad.

"I can see why some demons want to be summoned though."

Zero

He couldn't help himself. That insane laughter bubbled up inside him again. Everything was absurd. The situation he found himself in was something he couldn't have imagined in even his twisted mind.

"So you want me to be your "guide". Wow, you really know how to pick 'em. What am I to do, then? Teach you all about this little slice of paradise and keep you from getting yourself killed until you think you got the hang of life on the surface?"

All trace of laughter died in his throat as he stopped and turned on her again. "So I saved you, and now you want to use me some more. What, exactly, am I getting out of this deal?"