Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pennies and Dimes for a Wish (M)

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jinai mulled over his demands, and was taken back over the fact he wanted her to take him where she stashed her gun. Rarely anyone knew where that was, and she'd be damned if she lead this man right into her private hide away. She had spent too long getting the place just right, and now she might lose it all over some cocky presumption that it would be fun to own his crossbow gun.

Of course, no one ever said she had to take him directly home. After all, she had eyes and ears all over Connlaoth. Too bad her bird was normally her silent voice on these sort of affairs. She looked down to her falcon, then back to him, keeping her jaw raised.

"Alright. But how do I know you're not just going to break it anyway?" she hesitated, fear fluttering through her- for all she knew, the bird would never fly again... but of course, she only showed to him cool confidence. "What's your precious gun worth to you anyways? You risked your neck following me into that manor so late at night." Her eyes searched him in the darkness, wondering if he had anymore surprises up his sleeve, while her hand still itched to lift the pipe...
but she could bide her time.
If anything, Jinai was always resourceful and could be quite patient if she wanted something. After all, it did take some time to get her bird well trained and healed. Looks like, if the bird made it out of this alive, they'd be spending more time together as the wounds would heal.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"It's worth a great deal considering you would never find it's equal.  I made with my own two hands, with my own original design.  As you could imagine, it takes a custom fitted bolt into the gun, and wouldn't be of much use to you anyway.  Unless you possess the ingenuity it takes for proper weapon design.  And you just might.  But this bird is more precious to you than that gun, I can plainly see.  Without this bird...you wouldn't be able to send your little spying messages.  And without my gun, I wouldn't be able to make my livelihood," Tenran explained, his grip on the falcon visibly tightened.

The falcon squawked and struggled beneath his grasp and he was watching her very closely, particularly her hands.  She was holding something and he quickly saw he had two choices here.  He could wait to see what it was, or make the first strike.  Was this really a question?

Tenran didn't even grin when he shot the bolt he'd had hidden on the boltgun contraption on his forearm, activing the pressure plate attached to his palm.  He aimed in less than a fraction of a second and fired the bolt at her, eyes keen even in the heat of darkness.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai took in his words. Well, she couldn't deny he had good reasons, anyway and the respect would stop there. He was trying her patience, and with her falcon in such a precarious position- Her smirk went cold a he purposely harmed her animal, but what he did not surprised her, nor did his attempt at harming her own self. . He was of her own kind- and those on their own tended to be unpredictable. But his actions were not without repercussions. She had managed to dodge enough so that the bolt sank into her shoulder, rather than a more dangerous area (like her heart), as she grunted and stumbled into a set of nearby crates, knocking them over and creating a loud clattering noise.
In the chaos, she had kept onto her blow dart and managed to whirl back to him, placing it up to her lips and aiming to sink the opiated dart clean into his neck.

It would be hard to tell in the lighting if she struck her target- but not only because of the lighting being poor ad the darkness shrouding them from the buildings, but because they alerted a pair of nearby guards.

Shit.
She had forgotten security was extra tight with all of these nobleman in town. And soon a pair of guards appeared at the end of the alley, forcing Jinai up onto her injured leg as she hobbled into a run in Tenran's direction. Not only did she want to get her damn bird back, but she also wanted to keep her hide. She'd take her chances in his direction rather than that of the trio of guards who were heading their way, and she could already hear the draw of steel as their armored feet stormed across the cobblestone.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He saw the dart coming a mile away, though they were only a few yards apart.  Tenran had struck her in the shoulder and he when he saw the dart coming his way, he had plenty of time to react.  And just when the dart closed in on him, he side stepped and moved the bird right in the path of the darth.  The raptor squawked loudly upon being struck.

But suddenly, the damn woman was running toward him and he too could hear the sound of steel unsheathing as a pair of guards were coming down from their patrols in the alleyway, no doubt to investigate the strange sounds coming from the plaza.  "Shit!" Tenran cursed and cradled the now drugged bird against him, dazed and confused, but otherwise not struggling.  Tenran dashed down an alleyway, as the guards were gaining on them.

"Stop!  You two there!  STOP!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

As she ran, she yanked the damn bolt out of her arm with a grunt and tossed it in her wake. Gripping onto the wound,s eh could feel the blood bubbling hotly to the surface as she winced. Her leg was beginning to feel only (slightly) better as she ran, and without the extra burden of a struggling bird in her grasp, she easily gained on Tenran as they rushed down the alley..
However, the guards were easily gaining on them-

and it turned out they chose to run down a one way street. Cursing between her teeth at the sight of the stone wall before them, she tried to think fast- but her feet were faster as she grabbed onto the leather lapels of Tenran's attire and held on fast, crashing along with him as the pair collided unceremoniously with the wall.
Panting, she looked over at him with a dark smirk and expression as she braced herself against the wall.

"Get any worse of a limp on that leg of yours and you'd make this too easy," she panted, her eyes flicking to her falcon, but then the call of the guards made her tense.
Gritting her teeth- "And you'd think those guards would just leave us alone.." she began, turning her eyes from the guards back to Tenran, not even bothering to really look at him as she gripped on even tighter to his leather garment and yanked him forward, lips crashing into his as hands felt up his form (maybe, or maybe not pick pocketing him in the process) when the guards came to a halt-

And found themselves sheepishly staring at the kissing pair.

Jinai giggled and pulled away, twirling a finger into Tenran's chest with a lot of hard pressure before she turned her eyes to the guards. Also, while under the scrutinizing gaze of the guard's eyes, she was nonchalantly trying to sneak her bird out of Tenran's grasp, all the while faking a girlish smile.

Lion

Tenran's leg was aching and throbbing with all the pressure he'd put on it.  He grit his teeth.  And just when he thought it couldn't get any worse, he soon found his face smashed against a stone wall.  Fuck!  He nearly smashed the falcon against the stone wall, crushing its fragile body.  And it certainly didn't help that this infuriating woman smashed along with him!

"Fuck!"  If there was just a brief second, he could just as easily scale it, with the bird, leaving this stupid broad behind.  Thankfully the street lamps were not as well lit down here and they hadn't gotten a good look at his face.  And--

What the!?  She caught him completely off-guard when she kissed him, smashing her mouth hotly to his.  At first a chill passed through him as if he was struck by lightning and he was frozen for the briefest of seconds.  That was all the time needed for the gaining guards to suddenly stop in their tracks, looking around nervously.

Tenran could take the hint as she pressed a finger into his chest, and he could tell her hands had been a little more than explorative.  He kept his face leaned against hers as the guards kept staring.  His hands went up and gripped her hand with a powerful grip.  "Watch what you grab," he growled at her, pretending to press his face against hers.  Then he turned to the guard and glared.  "Do you mind?  Is it crime to kiss my woman in the dark?"

"Uh...no, sir.  But, did you happen to see-"

"All I see are a pair of chumps keeping me away from something far more interesting.  I didn't see anybody, now do you mind?"

"Sorry, sorry," one guard said, nudging the other one in frustration.  "We're didn't mean to intrude.  But just be sure that you two find a taven soon.  If I catch you still hanging around, I won't be afraid to haul you both into jail myself.  Let's go, Luke, you dumbass.  You let them get away."  The guard grumbled to his partner as they finally turned around and began to walk back.

"Well, how would I know!  I swore I saw them goin'-"

When they were gone, Tenran turned back to the woman and grit his teeth at her, frowning and soon bashed his head hard against hers, wrenching the bird from her grip and shoving her away.  "Keep your hands to yourself," he snapped.  "Look, I'm sick of this runaround.  And stop trying to snatch the damn falcon away from me, you're going to make it worse."  Tenran felt his leg to make sure his supplis were still there and held the flailing bird, seeing all manner of strange colors displayed before its eyes, making strange cooing noises.

He held the delicate wing, and gently slipped the bolt out, bloodied from the wound and slipped it back against his leg.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Do you want me to call the guards again?" she warned. She was so close to retrieving her bird, so close to coming out scott free. She narrowed her gaze at him, then looked down at the bird. Then back up at him. "The drugs were meant for you," she nearly hissed, frowning. "Look, if we're going to make this exchange we do it my way." She stared at him, wondering if they had a deal. "Well?" After all, she couldn't just take him back to her place- and was contemplating how much of a sacrifice she'd have to make- but so would he-
after all, she held a dagger now carefully between his legs.
She wasn't a fool. ANd she hoped he was not.

Lion

Now that was a move that he hadn't seen coming as he stood there holding the bird.  Not that he was precisely scared about "losing" his manhood.  He wasn't stupid to leave his groin unprotected in his custom armor but he didn't think she knew that.  He just glared at her and let his lips turn up into a soured wry grin.  "Very well," he said.  "But I hold on to the falcon.  This is an awful lot of trouble to go through if you think I'm just going to let you keep it.  Go on then, just take me to where you stashed it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai hesitated, but still held on firmly to the knife. After a time, she simply nodded, and lowered the blade away. She couldn't hold him like that all night.. (though there was that one time in the Iron Dusk...) She shook off any thoughts and smirks attached with it as she moved away, eyeing him up.
"I suppose I'll just have you trust you. Though you walk in front.."s he pressed, gesturing. "We'll head back the way we came. No sense in letting you think we have any real trust in our arrangement." She smirked at the thought and gestured forward. "It's just not the sort of game I play. After you."

Lion

Tenran eyed her with some curiosity and clenched his jaws.  If she wanted to play, he would play.  Even if it wasn't her game.  He held the drugged falcon in his arms as he stalked forth, walking gently and rolling his eyes.  "There is no trust," he corrected.  "I just want my gun back.  And I don't want to kill your bird.  But I imagine we've both done things we didn't really want to do.  So let's just leave it at that."

And as he was walking down the street, he saw a shadow moving up ahead, but the darkness was thick and it was difficult to make out.  Tenran walked a little faster and was soon in a run as he saw the shapes a little clearer.  One was gently laying one on the ground after having moved in a fashion that seemed to be cutting a throat.  As he drew closer, the shape standing over suddenly bolted into the shadows and vanished.  "Gods!" he cried out as he saw the dead bodies of the two guards that had chased them.

He dropped down and inspected the wounds, holding the bird in one arm and feeling for any sign of life on the guard called Luke.  Even as the sound of boots came closer from the other end of the plaza.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Tenran was right about there not being any trust, and she smirked and followed right in behind him and contemplated a way to save her bird and keep the man's gun. After all, thieves were thieves, and she wasn't exactly the one who always liked to play fairly.  Though she had her opportunity, as something moved, something sinister in the dark that quickly distracted Tenran. She supposed she should have been more concerned herself, but only found the moment almost sparing her the chance to get the upper hand...

Really, what did either of them care for a pair of dead guards?
And now with him bent over inspecting the dead or dieing, Jinai crept closer, eyes on the falcon-
and not not on the shadow looming behind her.

"YOU THERE! HALT!" barked a voice-
Jinai could have fallen ontop of Tenran in that moment. She was so close to just snatching up what she wanted. Hissing between her teeth, she whirled around, only to find herself swearing as a large group of armed guards came rushing their way.
And they already had blades drawn.

Shit. She was pretty sure she couldn't walk away from this one from a kiss.

Lion

Fuck!  Tenran was immediately sure that if he died, there was no possible way this night could get any worse.  And just what he needed, some dead weight thief trying to weasel the injured falcon from his grasp and his gun STILL stolen.  Oh, he'd get even.  He was dead set on it.  Tenran turned as the guards were suddenly on them and had a blade to his throat.  The force of the surprise actually had him falling one of the bodies, covering him in blood.

A torch was held by one of the guards, three others behind them.  "Ansgar's beard," the Captain whipsered as he noticed the precarious position of both of them as his men surrounded them.  "Now, what do we have here?  Murder!?  Robbery!?  For now it doesn't matter.  You two are coming with me.  Now come quietly!  My men won't hesitate to use deadly force!"

"Now, wait just a minute!" Tenran tried to explain, holding a hand up, momentarily letting go of the falcon.

"Get on the ground, face down!" the Captain ordered.  "Thom!  Nathan!  Jon"

The three men closed in and grabbed Jinai, the Captain forcing Tenran on the ground and placed a rope around his wrists, binding them together before yanking him up.  Jon grabbed the falcon from the floor, limp and drugged.

"We didn't do anything!" Tenran persisted.  "You have the wrong people!"

"Tell it to the judge.  For now, it's off a cold cell for you two."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

(MATURE CONTENT: just for some crude themes)
-----------------------------

Jinai could have killed Tenran. If he had just examined the bodies from a further distance and hadn't gotten so close, it would haved looked well.. less suspicious. ALso, she was cursing herself for not wholly paying attention. After all, she had been guarding the rear.
It wasn't long before she was manhandled and cuffed along with him as the pair was pushed along, sharp blades prodding at their backs to keep them moving in only one direction. BUt all Jinai could think about was her bird. They'd probably kill him. And she'd never forgive Tenran. The man would pay.
She was never one to hold such grudges. No, she was normally one to easily shrug things away, but not when it pertained to such personal matters, so when the pair were shoved into the same cell, she gasped and threw herself back at the iron bared doors just as tehy were slammed into her face.
"Wait!" she cried, growling as she gripped onto the door. The guard only laughed at her, smacking his weapon off the bars and causing Jinai to take a step back.
"Back away, woman. You should be glad we jus thad this cell cleaned out. Last man died of the seeping sickness and was covered in boils."

Jinia made a face, glancing around and noticing a few disturbing soiled spots on the cellfloor, a dirty, dishelved pile of straw and an even more disturbing pile of petrified shit in the corner.

Great, this was just great. And she could only blame Tenran for this one as she shot a sharp glare his way before pacing to an opposing corner of the cell, only to be startled when a creepy, scar faced fellow on the adjacent cell woke up, liking his black teeth and lips over at her.

"Well, ain't you a pretty prize," he said lewdly digesting her with his eyes. Naturally, Jinai took a few more steps back, accidently bumping into Tenran before pushing disgustedly away from him as if he were more repulsive than the dirty prisoner who was probably imaging fucking her as his hands slipped into his pants, before she went back to pacing around the cell, soon returning to the door as she gripped onto the bars, calling off after the fleeting guard.

"Wait! That falcon!" she called after him-

"Will go on the butcher block this morning!" the man spat back. Her heart sunk within her chest. "He ought to make a fancy roast." he added. Feeling her blood broil, she shook the iron bars, but it was to no avail. And to make matters worse, the entire jail was in an uproar, the rough men all coming alive at the fact they had a lovely lady prisoner on their hands, giving her cat calls and whistles.
Not that she cared, her eyes still glued upon the jail door, her heart nearly beating out of her chest, her knuckles white as they gripped onto the cell bars.

Great, this was just great. And all she could think of was her poor bird-
and how much she wanted to punch Tenran in the face.

Lion

If anything, this was obviously all Jinai's fault in the first place.  The events flashed in Tenran's mind, going all the way back to her boldness to rob him in the middle of the damn plaza...and yes, it was clearly all her fault.  If she'd just kept her damn hands to herself, none of this would have happened.  If she'd just given back his boltgun NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!  And to be put in the same cell with her...it's like they wanted him to kill her! 

Well, not that they would probably mind.  Prisoners killing prisoners was not an uncommon thing.  And it made room in the cells. 

As they threw him and her into the same cell, Tenran went in quite calmly.  After all, this wouldn't be his first stint in a Connlaothian prison, and certainly not in Reajh.  He was just glad he didn't make a habit of it.  Sure the conditions were squalid, but at least the guards didn't beat you to death...  Well, not on most days anyway. 

"Relax," Tenran said, realizing no use in trying to struggle against their position.  He stayed back and propped himself against a wall, away from the stains on the floor and the fecal matter in the corner and cross his arms over his chest.  He sighed and shook his head as the men around them gave catcalls and were hollering, no doubt already jerking off at the thought of having a woman so close yet so far away.  He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Pfft, that bird should be the least of your worries," he said, inspecting the cell.  There was a grate on the floor, and bars that shone out to the night but between the two, the window only smelled slightly less like urine.  "After all, you're the one that started this mess in the first place."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

(OOC: still some more mature-ish content :T)

-------------------

Jinai turned away from Tenra, fluffing her hair aside and approaching the disgusting man int he corner who had his hands crammed into his pants. He licked his lips greedily when she neared. She'd rather deal witht he dirty old man than Tenran right now.

"I seem to remember a slightly different story. After all, I was just doing my job," she said, planting her hand nonchalantly to her hip, the other hand onto the cell bar and simply staring down at the man who furiously worked at his pants. She had to smirk. Men could be such animals.

"It's not my fault you don't keep better tabs on your pockets.. or your assets." she smirked at the thought. " Besides, I never asked you to follow."  She said, shifting her weight and peering over towards him, though most of her green eyes were hidden behind heavy blonde bangs.

Lion

"No, no, I'm understanding quite clearly how you have a hard time keeping your hands to yourself.  And even more when it comes to other people's property.  So, I had to take something of yours.  You understand.  It's the way of the world.  But I guess now it's all gone to shit since they're going to make your bird breakfast in the morning.  I hear falcon is delicious with a strong ale beside it."  Tenran smirked, watching a she tried to be coy.

The man behind her was making no secret as to how he appreciated Jinai's close proximity, grunting as he did so.  Tenran watched him, brow furrowing, but his expression suddenly changed.  "Seems you've made quite a friend!"  Suddenly the man lunged his arms through the bars, wrapping his arms around Jinai and smothering her face with the hand he'd shoved in his pants.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: This is just.. ewww..
JUST EW, LION lol
Mature Content D:

--------------------

The sudden attack from the man behind the bars had her rearing back. though he had a good grip on her, she felt some of her hair tear until her finger nails dug into him and her boots kicked him as hard as she could through the bars. When she managed to stumble free, she barely caught herself to avoid falling onto the ground, then rose up, cringing as she wiped some mess from her hair.

Turning to Tenran, his smart remark wouldn't come without consequences as she kept the vial substance on her fingers and sauntered his way- and once she approached, she made sure to smear the nasty mess on her fingers down his shirt.
"I don't make friends,"s he told him, coldly flirting while her entire hand pressed to his chest. "That would create even more opportunities for consequences." Then she wiped the remaining bit against his crotch and gave a rigid smirk- one that challenged.

Lion

Tenran remained rigid to being touched that way, and certainly by scum like this vile foolish woman.  She had some nerve and while it normally served to only make him angrier, he also only looked at her with a sickening pity.  She was probably raised off the streets and had no way to act like a proper human being.  Or maybe she'd been dropped on her head as a baby.  Either way would explain her stupidity.

"Indeed it would," Tenran agreed, not wanting to be friends with her anymore than she did.  He brushed her hand away from him, scoffing disgustedly.  "A child like you wouldn't understand the intricacies of personal relationships"  Not that he would either being disowned and divorced and discharged from anything that had once held him of any value.  But she didn't know that.

"But I'm not going to waste my days in here.  And I suggest you don't either.  I'm getting out of here as soon as it quiets down.  In truth, I should kill you here and now, and I would if it weren't for the little matter of my missing gun.  So, I'll strike you a deal.  I'll get you out of here if you give me back my weapon.  And I'll help you get your precious falcon back too."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai only smirked at how the man was unnerved by her actions. Childish, yes. But that was the point. But then at his idea to strike a deal with her, she raised a brow at him.
"You think you can just so easily waltz out of here?" Her grin grew even wider. My, my, how silly fate could be. But the deal with tempting. After all, she could promise, but no one ever said she was one to keep her promises. At least, not to men she didn't like.  But she might play nice.
He did have a limpy leg, after all. Poor man. Might make it difficult for...

"Tell me your plan. The more outrageous the better. Then perhaps I'll agree. After all, we might as well make a spectacle out of it. You only get to live once." She put a hand out, raising her chin confidently. "And we can shake on it. Make it a real deal. It could be fun."

Lion

"I don't shake," Tenran said bluntly and shoved his shoulders into the wall, pushing him off it as he walked toward the cell door.  He looked left then right, watching the guards at their posts and talking amongst themselves as they passed out fresh buckets and soon vanished into a doorway down the left.  On the right, he suspected led to the offices, where most likely the rest of his gear was kept.  They took the bolts from his legs and the last boltgun from his holster.  Even wanted to take the brace off of his left leg, but after fighting with them on how he needed it if he was going to stand trial, literally, they let him have it.

But there was something they didn't know.  Tenran bent down and pulled a small piece of metal from the brace, a loosened piece that needed repair anyway.  "We wait for them to change shifts, which, from the sound of it, they will be doing shortly, I've got a pick here.  I'll unlock the door.  If there's a guard coming, you distract them.  That's really all you're good for anyway.  I'll handle the rest," Tenran ordered as he waited for the proper time.

It only took ten minutes for him to hear that the guards were ready to change their routine when he quickly went to work on the lock.  He held his breath, listening for the tumblers as he stuck his hands through the bars, unable to see the other side of it.   Soon, he heard the click of it being unlocked, waiting for reactions from the prisoners.  When there was none, he carefully pushed the door open and slipped out of the cell.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn