Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[ASK] Serving The Demon

Started by kaisermayhem, May 05, 2014, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaisermayhem

Lichfield Thomas, having changed from his work attire into a comfy night shirt , dressing gown, slippers and night cap. He pulled a volume from one of his extensive bookcases titled Fauna and Flora of Ravensway and Kia's Court: Book III of The Complete Encyclopedia of Serendipity. He flipped it open to a blank page and place it on his desk, he settled down into his high back chair took one of the quills from off his desk and began to write.
Being that he was undead and did not need to eat, sleep or breath time flew past Lichfield as he continued to write until the early hours of the morning. Stopping for a moment on a page entitled The Lesser Spotted Dragon Beetle he thought he could hear the faint crunch of foot falls on the path outside his house. Picking up the candle that had been lighting his work and had now burnt low during the night he headed out of his study and to the front door of his house.
Opening it up he found himself staring at the chestplate of a great bear of a man standing on the porch step of his house.
"Are you my nine O'clock?" The giant didn't answer, "If would kindly wipe your feet before you come in we'll get down to business, do you prefer tea, coffee, virgin's bloods, mead?" He'd begun to walk towards the kitchen before he turned around and saw that the Brobdingnagian man had not moved from the step outside his house.
"We'll do come in sir," Lichfield cracked a wide smile and wander off into the kitchen.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz had found himself without servants, after yet another expulsion of his power, and found himself too weak to perform some of the tasks he used to. Maybe this was what getting old felt like.

So, in order to actually make sure his new fortress was clean, he needed to try and hire a servant. In his head, it all worked out. He just had to find one with a weak will, and dominate their mind with his own will. But it was proving problematic. No-one wanted to work for a demon, no matter how much evil he blasted them with.

So, this man was his last hope.

Lichfield Thomas.

As he approached the house, the demon lord's boots crunched against gravel and cobble, and the man he knew was Lichfield Thomas exited the house.

"I guess I am. And if you have virgin's blood, or angel essence, I will have that please, and of course." Kirnardaz immediately begun creeping evil into thi-

He found himself unable to enter this man's mind. Kirnardaz's powers bounced off the iron will of this undead servant, and his dreams and hopes of a vicious, loyal, violent servant were crushed. Instead, he decided to continue, and actually hire this guy. Oh gods this would be difficult.

kaisermayhem

As Lichfield wandered into the pantry he called out to the man who now filled his hallway.
"I'm afraid I haven't seen an angel round these parts for nigh on a generation," he sorted through the bottles on the numerous shelves that lined the pantry. lifting a few off, he scruntinised the labels on the bottles and finally settle on one.
Flitting back and forth in front of the giant, he finally ushered him into the dinning room. The wide table was now laden with cold meats, an assortment of pies (both sweet and savoury), a variety of vegetables and other treats, "Never a good idea to discuss business on an empty stomach." He poured a goblet for guest from a decanter labeled Princess Magdalene vintage 1245BC and pottered off out of the sight of his mountain sized guest.
Entering his study Lichfield pulled a volume from his shelf and thumbed through the pages while he wandered back into the dinning room. Placing the book in a purposefully craved out space amongst the accumulation of foods Lichfield had seemingly prepared in minutes. Taking a quill and jar of ink from somewhere from within his dressing gown, he swiftly and neatly penned the words Six, Eight on the page.

Clearing some cobwebs from his throat Lichfield began to read from the tome set upon the desk. "Kirnardaz Ve'lor ak," he paused and hmm'd angrily at the smug in the title of the page.
"Ruler of the Vorax Dimension," he looked up from the page, "Is this a principality or a kingdom? Ah or are you in fact a demon prince and King of the Vorax Dimension, smiter of Gods and bedder of many wenches," he banged the table at the last title and flashed a grin at the Ascended God sitting across from him. Seeing his lack of response from what Lichfield was a good ice breaker he continued. "Married Sophia Marx on...on the...hmm, do they have time in the Vorax Dimension?"
He continued before the daedra could get an answer in, "Anyway, semantics really. Father to Eleni Marx, mother burnt at the stake for conceiving a demon's progeny, oh I'm very sorry to heat that. It must have been an awful lose to deal with while raising a child." Lichfield leafed through a few more pages searching for any anomalous information in his mighty tome which made the table sag into the carpet.
"Are you a god of anything in particular, are you worshiped anywhere other than Vorax and which gods did you devour exactly to achieve such a title?" He grinned crookedly at the scourge of angels cutting himself some of the steak and ale pie. He could feel an otherworldly pair of feelers probing at the base of his spine and creeping up his skull but they were reaching that part of back he could never seem to reach so he left them to their task.
"Anyway," he slammed the book shut and lent forward on his boney elbows "Mr Kirnardaz, is there something I can help you with?"   

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz would settle for virgins blood. This man would be able to get angel essence soon enough. No doubt Guinevere's child was hot on his tail.

"There will be an angel arriving some time after me. Take their essence." Kirnardaz sat, listening to the first title. He liked that. Then the second bit hurt. A lot. Enough to warrant a violent, supernatural backlash.

Behind Kirnardaz, a vicious being briefly appeared, before roaring then ceasing to exist.

"Your information is outdated. Perhaps because your information was from the Watcher?"

Kirnardaz could only think that was where the information had come from. The watcher had died before he was depowered and left homeless. A kingdom-less king. A domain-less god.

"I devoured hundreds of small gods, to become the god of sin, the god of corruption and demons. I am no longer ascended though, I doubt I am powerful enough to even deserve to be called a demon prince." Kirnardaz sighed, feeling rather depressed over that solemn fact.

"Anyways, yes, I have an offer for you." Kirnardaz tried to enter this Lichfield's mind again, trying to overwhelm him with input. But it didn't work, it just seemed to pass through this guy.

kaisermayhem

Lichfield could feel that creeping entity groping at his skull, trying to enter through his ears, nose eyes and mouth. He sneezed as a tendril tried to probe his nose, or the place where his nose had been, and the entity receded back to around his neck. He could tell that this man was a powerful magic user but to try and swindle an honest undead servant out of a fair wage was just rude. He didn't let his annoyance show as he continued to talk with the behemoth.
"Oh you'd be amazed what people leave lying around the place," he lent forward over an apple pie and spoke in a hushed whisper "It's unbeknownst to everyone including the Grand Duke of Connlaoth himself, you know that prejudice young upstart who came to power eight years ago, that he's a mage," he laughed loudly and with a hint of malice "Oh to see the look on his face but that must me kept hush hush understand," He winked at the demon prince, in fact his simply nodded his head in a fashion similar to when one winks.
"I don't want to go down in history as the man who caused a nation to crumble, I leave that to my clients or my clients stop nations from crumbling, I'm not one to judge a person's wants and desires." He hummed happily to himself and sat back in his chair twirling his thumbs.
"More virgin's blood Mr Kirnardaz? Oh and we can discuss this offer you have for me, what are the particulars of this offer?"