Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life is but a dream

Started by Ycharley, January 12, 2013, 11:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

"Is your father that bad? That would push most women to go ahead and get married to the first tolerable suitor," Adrien asked looking towards her with sincere sympathy about her father. "Do you have a violin or cello up here?" He asked. Music always made people feel better.

Zane

"As I said yesterday he is an insufferable drunk." Sam looked away and grabbed hold of her elbows, she didn't want to talk about it. "Southwest corner of the room there is a trunk with a Violin and a viola in it. I haven't been here in a while so I doubt that they are tuned."

Ycharley

Adrien walked to the trunk with out another word. He opened it up and took the violin in hand. It took him a few minutes to tune the violin that had gone flat but smile when the strings sang there correct pitches. He picked up the bow next and ran the string over some rosin a few times before he walked a bit closer to Samantha. He took a deep breath before he started to play. A hauntingly beautiful tune started to sound as his practiced hands held the strings and pulled and pushed the bow. The music evoked emotion in a seemingly magical way.

Zane

Samantha closed her eyes and listened to the music, swaying slightly to it. She was composing in her head a piano piece to go along with it. When Adrien had finished Samantha looked over to him. "What a hauntingly sweet song. How long have you been playing?"

Ycharley

Adrien laughed as he moved the violin from his shoulder, "A hundred years or so I would say... When you live as long as myself you have a lot of free time to pick up random things here and there." He turned and looked at the flowers for a moment, "Though gardening was never one of those."

Zane

Samantha smiled a bit. "I'm not much of a gardener myself, but the charm on this garden is unique, all I have to do is plant something and it grows. No watering or fertilizing required of me. It's a very complex charm, I would like to learn more about it so I plant all sort of plants to see how fast it reaches maturity. Haven't really learned much about it though."

Ycharley

"That is a lot of magic for a country who bans the use of magic," Adrien spoke with a slight shrug. He personally didn't care, he himself was a magical being but he didn't care. He was very confident in his fighting abilities. He did after all have a couple hundred ear to refine them. Much longer than the humans of Connloath. Plus just in speed and reflexes most humans couldn't match him. It was really simple, just as humans were made to hunt animals, he was made to hunt humans.

Zane

"That's what I love about this place, while some may call it petty rebellion. I feel it's what is needed, the putting forth of beauty and art above all else, even if it is against the law. But to be honest, most types of magic scare me. It's one of the few things I can't do but then again most mages are very secretive of their magic. It's hard to find one who will teach." It was true. Most magic did scare Samantha, the unrelenting force of magic can be hard to control.

Ycharley

"So you are scared of me? I am a being of magic. Without magic I wouldn't be able to do what I do," Adrien spoke with a slight chuckle. He had never seen magic as scary, or course he had been using it all of his very long life. Magic by itself never hurt anybody. A mage could use magic to hurt someone, but it by its self did nothing.

Zane

"Maybe I am, maybe not. But I would never give you the satisfaction of knowing, incubus." She stated his a sly smile, though there was an edge to the words, there was no venom behind them, it was merely playfully, in her own way. "But perhaps if I could learn how to do magic, I might not fear it, as it is knowledge is the the first step to overcoming fear."

Ycharley

Adrien smiled, "Now why would I teach such treacherous things to such a beautiful women as yourself. Plus with such knowledge I would be giving you an upper hand on myself. And I always like  the upper hand," He spoke with a wink.

Adrien was having fun, as they spoke in riddles and played the little game of words.