Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pennies and Dimes for a Wish (M)

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She dropped the remains of her cigarette at her feet, smashing it beneath her boot.
"Reajh is a big city," she said with a shrug, then after taking a few steps, she hesitated. The pair were standing a nearby river that ran through the town. Boats were parked in the docks and along the bricked lipped walk ways and bridges that surrounded it. BUt that's not what made her hesitate.
"Would you mind waiting while I retrieve your gun?" she asked, the falcon on her shoulder adjusting it's weight as it peered out into the night.  "You could hold onto Feather'sWing as compensation." She said. After all, she really, really, REALLY didn't want to have Tenran know the where abouts of her home. Nobody did, and she liked to keep it that way.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You don't trust me and I don't trust you.  Nothing's changed," Tenran said, but he stepped forward and plucked Feather'swing from her shoulder.  The bird nipped at his hands in protest, but he was gentle and brushed her feathers as he held her softly against him.  He puffed at his cigar and leaned against a dock post.  "Go on then, I'll be here."

He stared out at the riverside and idly brushed the falcon's feathers.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai's eyes studied Tenran for a moment before she smirked.

"Oh, it's not that I don't trust you. I trust you enough not to kill my bird over your damn gun." she said, leaning forward, pinning her hand on one side of a building that Tenran had been leaning against, her face mere inches from his as a waft of smoke from his cigar passed between them.  She smiled. "Just realize I don't trust anybody." She then leaned forward as if to kiss him, but simply plucked the cigar from his lips and took in a long drag, her lips parting to the side as she blew smoke against their cheeks. Then she handed him back his cigar.

"Just remember not to harm a feather of hers. You've done enough damage to her for one life time." And with that, she cast a smirk to him from over her shoulder, her eyes glittering playfully in the dark before she disappeared into the shadows.

She didn't move fast at first. she had to be careful. Tenran, she didn't trust, those lurking in the shadows, she trusted even less. So after a series of round about ways, she found herself climbing up beneath building, one crumbling and long since abandonned, except the rodents that scurried and squeaked across the way.  She moved beneath an old, rotting staircase, and to a make shift rope that seemed nearly hidden amongst all the decay. Then she gave it a tug, to ensure it was still stable before climbing upa nd disappearing inside. In one corner of the room,s he dug out a small box under the floor board and opened the top and lifted out Tenran's gun.
She held it for a moment, smoothing her hands across the metal before holdin git up ad aiming it at her reflection in a soiled mirror.

"Bang."

Smirking, she lowered the gun after testing the weight in her hand. Then moving swiftly again, she began to long trek back to where Tenran was waiting. It took her nearly an hour to get to her damn place, might be even longer to get back. She could only hope Tenran was still waiting..... and wasn't foolish enough to try anything against her bird.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Gods below, she really was a disgusting rat.  Tenran hated the taste of her mouth had left on the cigar and after a few more puffs, he chucked it into the river.  What a waste of a good cigar.  Well, that was done.  If only she'd  hurry her indominable fat ass back to where he was waiting for her.  The falcon pecked at his leather armor, testing it there.

"You just relax now."

When at last, she finally returned, Tenran emerged from the shadows and threw the bird onto her shoulder and snatched his gun away.  He inspected the thing to make sure it was still in working order and reloaded the bolts in it before putting it back in his holsters.  He glanced back at Jinai and gave her a grin.  "Well, it was experience.  Have a lovely life, rat.  See ya never."

And turned his back to vanish on his own way.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Thread end! To read on to Tenran and Jinai's misadventures, please follow the link to the new thread listed below:
The Price to Pay to Keep the Devil Away