Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The hit-list

Started by Ycharley, November 02, 2012, 03:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

"I have no request that would trump some well needed food and rest. I am pretty exhausted and wouldn't get any real enjoyment out of anything until I rest," Lumina spoke with a soft smile.

Benobi

Alistair nodded his head and gave a half bow, extending his arm as he turned and walked towards the large doors. Virgil would be waiting in the study for him with the ledger and the reports of how that property was running. It was all really for show, Alistair had no intention of messing with the way his chosen manager ran things. But he did like to make sure his trust wasnt misplaced and thus the routine.

The butlers opened the wide, solid oak double doors as they approached, revealing the foyer. The chandelier hanging from the ceiling cast a warm glow as night encroached on the territory. It revealed a beautiful black and white checkered marble floor that extended into the dining room at the back of the house. Two closed doors stood on the left and right hand side of the foyer, leading into yet unveiled rooms. Two arms of polished wood staircases hugged the walls and ran up to a landing leading to the living quarters.

"If you would, mi'lady, the right hand staircase is your route. If you take it, then follow its connected hall straight to the back where you'll encounter another set of double doors, that is your suite. Constance will be there already to provide anything yu require before dinner."

Ycharley

Lumina nodded. She looked over the foyer before she started to walk, taking in the amazing grander of the structure and design of the home. It reminded her of her winter home, the familiarity of it put her at ease.

Lumina turned to Alistair with a soft smile. "I will see you at dinner I suppose, your generosity of letting me stay here is greatly appreciated. I take it as a favor I should some day return," She spoke before heading down the path Alistair had told her too. She ended up at the grand doors. She stood before them for a moment, before finally opening them.

She wondered why the mansion had two master suits, she made a mental note to ask Alistair about it at dinner.

Benobi

Alistair walked under the stairs and through a small door on the right, leading to a well decorated and sized room. A large, dark wooden desk occupied the center of the room, with heavily laden bookshelves covering every square inch of walls.

Virgil was standing at the front of the desk and welcomed Alistair with a firm handshake and a pat on the shoulder. While Alistair didn't make friends easily, the ones he did respected him and vice versa. There was not a man in his good graces who didnt earn it and Alistair made sure that he was kind enough to make people want to earn it.

The ledger was open on the desk and soon both men were deep in conversation about the estate and its running.

Ycharley

Lumina walked into the impressive room. She took a moment to take in the lavish room before her eyes fell on the woman Alistar said would be there. She offered the woman a quick but tired smile. before shutting the doors behind her and walking into the room.

"All I will need is fresh cloths and fresh water in the basin so I can clean up," She spoke to the woman quickly, she didn't want to make the woman's job difficult, plus she was too tired to require anything else.

Benobi

The woman gestured to a side room with a deep bow.

"The bathroom is beyond that door and is equipped with anything you might desire. The tub is kept at a constant temperature and has a system that constantly replenishes the used waer with hot, fresh water. There will be a fresh dress waiting for you on the bed. If you would leave your current one in the bathroom, I will collect it for cleaning."

She turne dand briskly left to give Lumina the room and privacy she needed.

Ycharley

Lumina walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind her, she had never seen such technologies, she knew it probably had to do with the fact that the place was either build on top of or very near a hot spring, something none of her properties had the luxury of. She didn't waste time in removing her cloak, hanging it on a hook just inside the door. Everything else she took off in more of a haste, leaving them in a heap in the floor.

She quickly entered the hot water, letting out a deep sigh as she sat in the carved stone tub. She considered the expense that all of this must have had and considered that Alistar must have been a really wealthy man, a man really good at his job.

Lumina could have almost fallen asleep in the water as she felt her tight sore muscle loosen and relax. She didn't get out until her finger tips had started to shrivel up. She brushed her hair out before putting it into a tight bun before entering the bedroom once more. She put on the dress in haste before plopping on the bed. She laid there spread out and completely comfortable, waiting on the call to dinner.

Benobi

Alistair and Virgil were reclining, nursing glasses of dark amber, the whiskey a nice end to the dull process of the accounts. Now that business was done, Alistair was able to open up to his property manager a bit more. He asked about his family, who also loved on the grounds in a small house on the edge of the property. He was able to ask a out new hires and the unfortunate necessity of letting some people go.

They were in a light discussion about a past stable master when a young girl politely entered the room.

"Excuse me sirs, but dinner is ready to be served at your earliest convenience."

Virgil beamed with pride, his eyes resting on his youngest daughter. Having just finished talking about her Alistair made sure to look and sound extra supportive.

"Thank you dear, that was very proper. Would you mind running and letting our guest know as well? We will begin at her earliest convenience."

The young girl nodded and exited the room with barely controlled excitement. Virgil stood and took his leave as well, ready to get back to his own house for his own meal.