Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wolf and Crow (Kaa)

Started by Dreamwolf, November 11, 2012, 10:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamwolf

"Pretty red." Luna eyed the red gem with awe, her eyes following the movement without missing a thing. The Forest spirit had no concept of gifts, Fen had only taught her the difference between buying and stealing. The Smith had felt no need to explain gifts at the time, as she was taking so much without paying.

((My muse has been suffering from my cold sorry about this, it'd be longer but yeah

Nefres

(Oh God, I'm terrible. I don't know if you want to continue this or not, but know that I am willing to do so. If your muse is completely gone for it (likely), then it's fine to just declare it abandoned, and I hope to RP with you in the future. Once again, I'm so sorry. >.< )

Kaa, noticing that she'd taken an interest in the gem, held it up to the light. He dug through the small treasure trove, disappointed to find that the item it had come off of was nowhere to be found. He'd wanted to give it to her, and giving just this little thing in exchange for the necklace just didn't seem fair.
Instead, he pocketed the jewel, and stepped aside to allow the Spirit a better view of the collection.
"See anything you like?" Kaa's tone was friendly, and he found that he actually didn't mind giving her something. That was odd in itself, as the crow demon was normally very protective of his scavenged items. "That red gem is pretty, but kinda small... there's got to be something better in here."

Dreamwolf

Luna looked up. "Little things are nice too, Luna thinks. Luna likes this pretty red one." The wolf watched the crow with interest. To have collected so many shinies was a great feat in her mind. She settled back on her legs a bit, distributing the weight between them, easing a slight cramp in one leg.

Looking back at the pile Luna studied every item within it. She found the Gem jumping to the front of her mind however, and thought about it. If the gem was bigger it would make more sense, to some at least, but to Luna size meant nothing, only how eye-catching the item was. She looked to Kaa again. "Luna likes the little shiny."

(((I once waited for half a year for a reply on another site, I am nothing if not exceedingly patient. xp)))

Nefres

"You do, huh?" Kaa wasn't surprised, merely interested. It was true that the little ones always did seem to sparkle the brightest. He pulled out the gem, admiring once again the red light refracted onto his hand. The red gem's cut made it sparkle, and he was suddenly loathe to give it away.
But, Kaa realized, he'd seem like a jerk if he refused her now. He had hundreds of trinkets just as nice as this one, after all.

He held out the jewel to Luna. "I'm glad you like it then!" He grinned, dropping to a crouch to be at eye-level with the girl. He rested his forearms on his knees, suddenly euphoric. The boy had forgotten, for a few beautiful moments, about recent events. Looking at his cache, and at this odd, friendly wolf girl, everything was just like before.

Then he heard the jingle of the chains and was sucked back into reality once more. Well, Kaa mused, it was fun while it lasted.

Dreamwolf

Luna's smile seemed to deepen for a moment then she paused. "Is this what is called equal exchange? Fen told Luna about it, but Luna does not understand it completely." Luna sat down with a thump. "Luna likes the shiny though, Luna is glad to agree."

The wolfgirl looked up at the sky for a moment. "Luna sometimes thinks there is more meaning to shinies than it seems, some shinies have senti... manual value." The wolf paused at the tricky word, one that Fen had mentioned but not explained. "Does this shiny have Senti manual value?"

Nefres

Kaa wanted to comment on the near-constant mention of the human, Fen, but thought better of it. It was likely a good thing that this girl had met him, as most of her knowledge of the world seemed to come from this man. He nodded his head as she spoke, a few coal-black hairs falling in front of his face, that he didn't bother to brush away.

"I guess you could say that, one gift for somethin' else. But you don't need to think about that between friends, I think." He tried not to chuckle at her confusion with the world. It wasn't his place to say anything, Kaa was aware of the shortcuts he often took while speaking. "Sentimental, right?" His eyes were on the cache again. He'd forgotten how he'd obtained most of the items, including the red gem.
"I dunno, it's been so long since I found most of what's in here. That red jewel...." He trailed off. It bothered the boy that he didn't know. Surely he should remember? He would live hundreds of years, it wouldn't do to forget what had happened in all of them. His memory couldn't have been this bad before... before that bastard.

"Um... it probably does! I just don't know right now, I'll get it eventually." Kaa grinned again, but inside he was thinking. Did the magic that bound him to the book make him forget? It had been years since he'd felt the air whip by as he flew, and he didn't remember that, either. The names of old companions he'd roamed the streets with were also slipping by him, faces blurred and indistinct. Hatred for his master flared up, and he chewed his thumbnail to calm himself.

"Do you know what sentimental means?" Kaa wanted to distract himself. "It's true that everything has its own memories, like we do. That's basically it." The boy grew tired of crouching and sat on his rear, putting his hands on the ground behind him to stay up.

Kaa looked at Luna, the sight of her and her innocent way of speaking putting him at ease. He could tell she had that vague, spiritual wisdom that must come with being a Spirit, but much more obvious was her relative naivety about how humans lived. Was that because she was a wolf, or because she was young? Kaa didn't know how old she was. It was difficult, comparing demon lifespans to the human variant, even more so when one added Spirits to the mix. Kaa himself was young for a demon, old for a human, and he couldn't tell where Luna stood in that.

Dreamwolf

Luna perked as Kaa said the word that troubled her so. "Yes! Luna means sentimental." She listened to the rest of it and noted a sadness and an anger in Kaa. "Do you feel lost Kaa? Sometimes, when Luna is lost she feels sad and angry, and you look the same as Fen gets sad and angry, he bites his nail the same way."

The wolf girl sat. "Luna feels very sad when Luna thinks of Mother. Luna is only fifteen summers, which Fen says is very young, even for humans, but especially for Spirits. Luna doesn't know why, but Luna is sure that Mother made it that way, so that Luna could meet people, like Fen and Kaa. Luna is sad but Luna thinks of the happy things and it makes the sad go away a little." Luna looked at the chains binding Kaa's wings. She knew Kaa was like a bird, maybe he would like to fly? "Luna can take you up into the sky if you like. She can't fly like a bird, but she can float."