Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Some Long Deserved Answers (Eveline)

Started by Brisinger987, June 15, 2013, 05:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

The pair stood, clad in demonic armour, the projection of Kirnardaz acting as a separate being. Ve'larra was a bustling market town, and as such, the locals thought their armour was foreign. After all, Kirnardaz was from a demon dimension and Xerordir was born Thanati. They stood, conversing as two foreigners from the same land would. Kirnardaz's bronze/crimson armour differed majorly from the black/purple armour Xerordir, wore, but bore the same stylisations. Therefore, they were a pair.

"I hope she shows up soon. I really do need to see her. When you shared your memories with me, and showed me Eleni, I was overjoyed. I owe you a great service Xerordir. I am eternally in your debt for helping me reunite with my daughter." Kirnardaz spoke with a sincerity demons never showed to mortals. To see it honoured Xerordir.

"My pleasure Kirnardaz, you have been helpful to me as well." Kirnardaz was tense. He had every right to be in Xerordir's opinion. And Kirnardaz would have to explain a lot. Where he had been, why he had left her. Lots of catching up to do. But with his daughter, Kirnardaz could stay in this world. He gained a corporeal form from contact with her. And he had to do was lay a hand on her and he could stay and talk. For eternity.

Eveline

Eleni was exhausted. Travel was not very easy-- it actually occurred next to never for normal townspeople. The beaten girl jumped out of the back of a wagon that she had managed to hitch a ride on and clumsily stumbled to her feet. Some people gave her strange looks, but Eleni simply pulled her hood over her head and dusted herself off. She looked around, beginning to walk through the markets. She stole an apple from a stand unnoticed and calmly walked around.
       The truth was, the demon girl was anything but calm. She hasn't seen Xerordir in a while, and she wasn't sure what to think of her father. Her insides were screaming and her head was reeling...! Lost in her thoughts, Eleni was shoved through a crowd. As she blinked, finally making her way back down to earth, she noticed two men in armor... She frowned a bit before walking towards them.

Brisinger987

Xerordir turned when he heard someone shout to watch where they were walking. And he saw Eleni emerge from the crowd of people. He recognised the aura around her, it was very familiar. So he nudged Kirnardaz to look. "There she is my friend." Xerordir removed his helmet, his eyes now a blood red instead of the usual crimson, and his hair now purely crimson. He had changed somewhat, but he was recognisable.

And Eleni was walking straight towards them. Kirnardaz stared for a moment, before standing upright and tripping over a bucket. He didn't care. If that was his daughter, he wanted to see her. To make things right.

Eveline

She looked at both of them curiously. She tilted her head a bit when she saw Xerordir. He didn't lie. He looked different. She didn't want her father to know she cared so she went straight for Xerordir, feeling a little guilty for temporarily ignoring her father. Then again, he left her all together.
    "Xerordir? You do look different! Look at your eyes!" She grinned, "They look so... bloody. Since when do your eyes change colour? Or did i just never notice?" She could feel the other man watching her, but brushed it off. After a bit, She sighed and turned to the other armored man and frowned slightly, confusion clouding her face "... And you're my...?" She asked hesitantly. Eleni didn't move an inch. She just looked at him waiting for his reply.

Brisinger987

"It is a long story Eleni, one best told away from prying eyes and ears. And yes, it is." Xerordir took a step back to let them interact.

Kirnardaz, not wanting to be rude and not face his daughter eye to eye, removed his helmet. His eyes were the same ruby red that Eleni's were. "Hello Eleni... I've missed you." Kirnardaz's emotions and thoughts began to trickle into Xerordir's mind, and Kirnardaz felt so many different emotions that demons were not used to. Shame. Sadness. Guilt. All readily apparent in Kirnardaz's face and eyes. But in the same way he felt happy to finally see his daughter again. It had been way too long.

Kirnardaz went to take a step forward, but retreated for some unknown reason. One Kirnardaz didn't understand.

Eveline

"Then why didn't you come back!" She snapped at him, taking a step closer as he took a step back. She could see the emotion oozing from his face but she refused to believe it. Her eyes glowed before flashing back to their normal crimson. His eyes... They were just like hers... "So you are the reason I'm like this." She growled and looked away. The girl never noticed the anger that had built up inside of her... It wasn't good.

Brisinger987

Despite the anger she clearly felt, Kirnardaz didn't move an inch. His eyes glowing, he looked back up from the floor at her. "I tried. You see, when you were born... The villagers your mother and I lived with at the time, were, superstitious. They believed you were their apocalypse. So they took your mother while I was out with you. I was visiting my kingdom with you, showing my daughter what she would one day rule. And I came back, and the villagers were about to execute your mother, so I was forced to set you down somewhere safe and give chase. I was too late. And then when I came back to get you, and take you to my kingdom where you would be safe, with my sister, you were gone. I have spent the last 20 odd years trying to find you again. In a world where magic was not so abundant, you would have been found quickly. but magic obscured you from being scryed, and as such I investigated magical hotspots. In doing so I came across many things, Dragons, trapped demons, ghosts. But never you... And then, when I met Xerordir, knowing I had not much time in this world, I possessed him, and now we share a body, our minds compromising and coexisting. That is why his appearance has changed." Kirnardaz had shortened the story but told it truthfully.

Eveline

Silence. She didn't move, she didn't speak... The girl shuffled a bit before finally speaking up, "Mom's... She's..." She looked down, gripping the fabric of her cloak tightly. She can't even remember... "What was she..?" She asked hesitantly

Brisinger987

"I thought they might have taken you too, at first, so I destroyed the village, killed every last one. I was angry, I was alone, I was broken." Kirnardaz lowered his head slightly, signalling her to look up.

"Your mother was the most compassionate, most loving person I ever knew. I've met thousands of mortals. And she was the only one who would talk to me like I was human. Like I was a person, not a bloodthirsty demon. She would have forgiven them, for everything except killing you or me. You have her hair you know?" Kirnardaz wanted to see her smile once before he had to go back to his realm. Or he wanted to stay. To try and fix his mess.

Eveline

Her frown grew, "You killed them... All of them?" She looked at her father "Would she have wanted that? What would she have said?" She glanced over at Xerordir before looking back at her father "Look... Even if this is true... It hurt. I grew up with no one except for Auntie... And she kicked me out too... The thing is, it would've been nice if I knew my parents growing up, even though I couldn't being a lost person and all... I want to know more about our family. I can't say I forgive you, and I can't say I'm not upset, but in time I'll learn to get rid of all this anger-- without destroying a town." She gave a small smile.

Brisinger987

"Your mother accepted what I was, and that tempered me. But without her I am a reckless demon. Perhaps you can pull me back to the state I was in when your mother was around me. Give me something to love." He smiled back at her, that small smile making him proud.

Eveline

"Perhaps... In time..." She then realized something "... What's your name? What was her name?" She looked at him curiously

Brisinger987

"My name, is Kirnardaz. Your mother's name was Sophia." Kirnardaz felt a sickening sensation. He removed his gauntlets briefly.

"My time separate from Xerordir is nearly up. If I merely come in contact with you, I can live in this world as I do in a demon world. I can be in multiple places, possess multiple people. I gain a foothold here, and can stay permanently. But there has to be something anchoring me. You would be ideal. All I need to do is touch your skin, but I need your consent." He stood momentarily, Xerordir watching and thinking nearby.

Eveline

Eleni thought for a bit ".... What would happen If I didn't let you?" Asked curiously. She did want to stay with her father since he was here but perhaps it'll only cause more trouble. She was all grown up now, after all, and isn't quite sure where to go from here...

Brisinger987

He didn't know what would happen. He didn't want to know. He had heard that some demons were obliterated for it. He didn't want that. No demon did.

"I honestly don't know. I have heard we get obliterated, or lost. Some apparently get trapped in strange dimensions, becoming mortal, but I do not know. If I have a foothold, I can live in two worlds. I can see you, help Xerordir, and rule my kingdom. Your mother became one such foothold, until she died." Kirnardaz frowned somewhat, the pain becoming slightly stronger as time passed.

Eveline

Eleni's eyes widened. No, she didn't want to lose him again...! Anger still boiled deep within her, but she truly wanted to be close to her father again. The half demon girl extended her hand to her father hesitantly "Well..."

Brisinger987

"Thank you Eleni. I won't disappoint you." He touched her hand and felt the surge of well being. His armour dissipated, and he clothes were human. His eyes glowed like torches, and he felt the anchoring occur. The other benefit was they knew where each other were at all times. He couldn't lose her again.

"Now you will be able to tell where I am at all times, and vice versa. And I can teleport directly to you if I am needed, or you call for me." He smiled now, more than before.

Eveline

She felt a little sting as her eyes shined. She ran a hand through her hair and looked at him wearily "Im a big girl now, dad, you missed the raising me stage," she grinned. She blinked realizing she called him "dad." It felt so natural and caring... He really did miss a lot, didn't he?

Brisinger987

He had missed raising her. Partly. "Well no-one taught you how to rule a demon kingdom while I was gone I hope. Then I will have missed all the fun. And just cause I missed raising you doesn't mean I can't reteach you things." He laughed a little. He was already tempered. With his daughter there he felt happy. He felt humane.

"Besides, you just inherited a demon kingdom. And a demon for a dad. Mischief awaits, my daughter."

Eveline

"Demon kingdom? Eh! I don't want to rule anything..!" She shook her head taking a step back "Wait, why would I inherit a kingdom?" She tilted her head in confusion