Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Colonising [Clever-fox] [Mature]

Started by Brisinger987, June 15, 2013, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"Of course. Seh'lvah, please leave us. Go and daydream under the trees by the pool." Veraxitoc spoke calmly. Seh'lvah complied, taking off to the other side of the lake, and lying down, well out of earshot.

"What is it you wish to talk about Shamgar?" Veraxitoc tilted his head slightly.

Klezmer Gryphon

He didn't know where to start. He just started.

"Years ago, I lived with my mother. She was a very good lady, and I often think about her." He began, tears beginning to well up in his eyes, "And then, one day, while I was out getting supplies, our home caught fire, and my mother perished. The townspeople blamed me and my tinkering for the fire, and shunned me."

At this point he was crying, burying his head under his talons. It was something he never talked about, a secret that he kept buried deep beneath his nice, kind behavior. But now it was laid out, plain as day...

Brisinger987

"And now you have nowhere to go? And you feel that our colony would be a fresh start for you?" Veraxitoc felt bad for him. To be blamed for a fire that wasn't his fault was a low blow, and humans had a tend to blame things on something they could kill and punish.

"Well our Colony is based on the idea that dragons should be able to live peacefully with species that are physically weaker and smaller, like humans and fae. We aim to peacefully live with all or most species. And we do need a Gryphon ambassador. You could be a representative for your people. Do they live in this land?" Veraxitoc tried to take the focus off of family and more onto him having the prospect of somewhere to live.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar looked up from under his talons. He was taken aback by the offer, but also had a feeling of joy. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he stood up, and ruffled his feathers.

"I know of small colonies, but I have no knowledge of any large settlements," he said, recalling a map he saw that listed the locations of several gryphon settlements.

"And, I would be honored, Veraxitoc, to be an ambassador." He added, with hope and joy in his eyes.

Brisinger987

"Well then, welcome to the Colony. We are honoured to have you as a member of our colony." Veraxitoc bowed to Shamgar. Then he realised something. He could smell something. He could smell the emotions that had emanated from Seh'lvah. He didn't know if Shamgar would be able to smell the pheromones, but Veraxitoc could. Nightspinners were the closest dragon species to Crystal-backs. Descended from the same ancestors.

"May you bring peace between our species."

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar bowed to the elder dragon, then excused himself. He needed some time alone, some time to himself. So, he flew off to a nearby cave (ironically, the same cave he first landed in), and left his bag and goggles at the entrance. He, did however, take his journal, and wrote in it for the next couple of hours.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc decided to take a trip above the clouds. He flew high up, beyond most birds and between the two cloud layers. He circled a bit, then flew even higher, and found the tallest peak in the valley. And there, he laid and rest, closing his eyes for a bit of normal sleep.

Seh'lvah on the other hand, decided she would be more mischievous. She watched the cave that Shamgar went up to, and peered inside. Being a dragon, her eyes perfectly adjusted to the darkness. And being able to read and write, as taught by her parents, she peered down the cave, reading Shamgar's journal from over his shoulder. As she spied, she felt her paw slip and kick up a small rock. As it tumbled past Shamgar, the cave echoed with the collision of rack against rock, and it ended with a splash, when the rock bounced into a small cave pool.

Instead of moving, to get away, her instincts told her to stay still, and she froze, wincing as the rock fell.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar jumped up, startled by the sound. Turning around, at first he didn't see much, but as he looked closer, he saw the faintest glimmer of emerald scales, and realized at once who it was.

"Seh'lvah, I know you're there." he said, "Were you spying on me?"

He wasn't angry, rather, he was laughing, realizing the irony of the situation. He then went back to where he was resting, and motioned for the hidden dragon to come foward.

Brisinger987

"No, I slipped on a rock outside your cave, and, uh, nearly fell in?" She was very embarrassed, but she entered the cave nonetheless. She hadn't actually read that much of his journal.

She came and sat next to him, and hung her head, trying not to let him see her embarrassment. If he saw no doubt she would never live it down.

Klezmer Gryphon

As Seh'lvah sat next to him, he felt something, a feeling he couldn't describe. Perhaps it was the dim light from the cave mouth reflecting off her scales, or maybe it was something deeper. He didn't want to make Seh'lvah uncomfortable, however, and kept this rush of feelings hidden as best he could.

Shamgar moved over to accommodate his friend, and looked at her face.

"Hey, we all get curious sometimes. Nothing to be embarrassed about" he said, laughing all the while.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah felt a bit relieved by his comment, and she couldn't decide whether to look at him or not. Now that she came to think of it, he looked sexy in low light. She mentally scolded herself for thinking it, reasoning that he couldn't possibly like her in that way.

"Is that your reason for spying on me earlier then?" She smiled, looking at him.

Klezmer Gryphon

"What? No- I-" he couldn't think of the words to say. He liked Seh'lvah, and wanted to be friends, but he couldn't shake these feelings that he had. She's a dragon, Im a gryphon. How does that work? he thought, trying to think of how to reply. After a moment, he said something.

"I wasn't spying. At least, not intentionally." He said, ruffling his wings.

Brisinger987

"Mmm, of course you weren't." She was thinking about him. He was perfect for her.

She decided to lie on her side, facing her underbelly towards him. She folded her wings in, and let her legs lie over her.

"Are you sure you weren't spying on me? Why else would you hide behind that rock? Not trying to hide something you were doing?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar was a bit surprised with Seh'lvah, but he got over it. Scooting over to Seh'lvah, he too layed of his side, facing her. He was enthralled with her beauty, and wanted to be with her. Staring into her eyes, he could see passion and a mix of other feelings.

He too, felt the same way, and embraced his emotions.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah opened her eyes as the sun rose over the valley, the light bouncing into the cave. Beside her, it looked like Shamgar was still asleep, and she ached all over. Instead of disturbing him and waking him up, she decided to stretch her limbs and catch some breakfast. She left the cave and saw Veraxitoc waiting outside. Uh oh.

"Hi Veraxitoc, haha..." She began to back up, not minding her step, and she tumbled back into the cave, falling and twisting her bag leg and taking a chunk out of her wing.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar awoke with the sudden sounds, but his body ached. He slowly got up, and, upon opening his eyes, saw Seh'lvah tumbling backwards. Oh.... Crap..... was the only thought on his mind as he went to the entrance. Oh....We're getting hell. was what he thought when he saw Veraxitoc standing at the entrance.

Embarrassed, and scared, he adopted a submissive position, and hoped Veraxitoc was in a good mood.

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah whimpered as she got up, her leg and wing hurting a massive amount. She saw what Shamgar was doing, expecting Veraxitoc to be mauling him to death, saw what he was doing and did the dragon equivalent. Bowing her neck and trying to stretch her wing hurt her, as did putting weight on her bad leg. So she whined and whimpered a little, hoping to go for the sympathy approach.

"Out of all the different kinds of stupid and dumb, you two just reivented all of them. If you two like each other, fine, but can making some Gryphon-Dragon hybrid not wait?! Are you two that hormonal, that desperate, that you slept together on the first day, not of being in a relationship, but of meeting each other! I mean, gods forbid that she meets someone else, or you for that matter Shamgar! Ridiculous!" If Veraxitoc was human, he would be bright red in the face.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar couldn't bring himself to look Veraxitoc in the eyes, he was so ashamed. He screwed up, possibly making the biggest mistake of his life. He could only stare at the ground.

Then he started crying. Hearing Veraxitoc scold him like that reminded him too much if his mother, too much of the day of the fire. He then crawled miserably back in the cave, not even caring what Veraxitoc had to say. He'd heard enough, and just wanted to be alone. He just wanted to die, and be alone.

Brisinger987

This time Veraxitoc felt no pity for the boy. The boy HAD caused this, and so had Seh'lvah. And with that, Veraxitoc went off to hunt for new recruits for the Colony.

Seh'lvah didn't want to cry. She was angry. She was angry that Veraxitoc had the nerve to come and say that to their faces. She was angry that he had made HER boy cry. She was angry that he'd hurt him and as much as she wanted to chase the elder down and hurt him back, she wanted to make Shamgar feel better more.

She followed him swiftly to where he had gone.

"Shamgar? Please come and talk to me? Please?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar was sitting by the pool in the cave, crying his heart out. He wanted to be alone, he wanted to just go back in time, and fix his mistake, but he couldn't. He had made Viraxitoc angry, possibly driven him away for good. He just wanted to die, to end his miserable life. So, driven by his angst and misery, he put his talons to his own neck. This is my final moment! he thought, tears streaming down his face. My whole life is a mistake....