Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Political Party

Started by visualspice, June 18, 2013, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Katahnia rushed up the side staircase, pushing past other guests as she went and holding onto her skirts for dear life. It wasn't until she was at the top did she falter, stumbling to a halt to peer back at an empty piano; and not a trace of Kella or Blaith to be had.

She felt her legs burning, her throat coarse and dry as she took a few careful steps forward.
"K-Kella?" But she heard nothing, but laughter at the other end fo the room alerted her that Blaith was nearby. Quickly moving forward, she was surprised to see him actually laughing with Duke Calent. When Blaith caught her eye he raised a brow. "What's up, Kat?" he asked.

Katahnia took a few steps back, smiling a bit sheepishly, but then Blaith noticed her expression.
"Hey, are you alright?"

"I'll.. I'll be fine I just.." she chewed on her lower lip. She swore she had been pushed, but she'd feel like a fool if she really had been that drunk. What really had happened? Smiling,s he excused herself and went back into the parlor room, looking for Kella.
"Kella?" her voice came out again, but still.. nothing. She frowned, her eyes darting around, until she noticed the crack in a door leading to a hallway she hand't noticed before, and upon gently placing her hands there, she noticed it opened to the servants hallway, and the sounds coming from within sent a chill to her bone.

Not wasting another moment, Katahnia rushed inside, only to find herself hearing Kella in sobs and the other man well ontop of her. ANd when the man turned around, she recognized the face.

"Klaust."
And that was the last thing she'd say as the man lunged upon her, his hands going ove rher mouth, trying to snuff out her breath, being rough with her, aiming to kill.
She could barely make out Kella's protests and her sobbingsa s the world began to spiral all around her before she passed out.

And she was spared the gore, the pure rage Blaith had unleashed upon Chesrick Klaust that evening for attempting to rape his sister. But Kella had seen it all, watched in horror as her brother strangled the life out of the man. And as his life was fading away from his eyes, Klaust gripped onto Blaith's face, and he could feel all that remained of his life sucking into his..

The obsession...
The lust..
the love....
All the wicked things he wished to do to her...
all roaring inside his head like a storm.

And it did not ceased until finally, Klaust's eyes faded with life and he was nothing more than a corpse in his hands.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

It took twenty minutes or so to compose himself and mask his pain, and gather every reserve of his strength. He could , he was sure, carry this facade just long enough for what he needed to do. He had to leave. Now. Though maybe he'd collapse before that happened and...

no. No. He was done thinking like that though sometimes the doubt would leak in and give way to a deep fear...

Sucking in a deep breath he returned to the dining hall and found the Delgrins were chatting with another elderly noble pair of a lesser Hellvion House. "Oh but Melora throws the most splendid parties! She invited me to ...oh , what did she call it? Oh....dearie me! It's slipped my mind, but anyway , as she explained it to me she's going to have about a hundred and thirty different flowers for the arrangement. I saw a sample it was absolutely gorgeous! I can only imagine what Hellvion's castle will look like-" Luvina was saying. She noticed Conall enter the dining hall and excused herself.

"Lord Shanley, you look so pale! Are you alright?"

"No," Conall admitted and stumbled forward, unintentionally to the woman but he regained his balance. Barely. ""I'm sorry to trouble you, Luvina but I need your help."

Luvina knew what was wrong and this was one thing that she could keep a secret. She'd promised Conall's mother on her grave and Luvina Delgrin was a woman of her word! Well, at least in THAT case. "Oh! Yes, yes. Of course. We have a guest room made up and you're more than welcome to it, child. Here, let me help you. "

Conall followed her , slowly but didn't lean on her. They took a roundabout path , crossing through the servant's passages and up the stairs to one of the guest rooms at the far end of the hall.

"I'm sorry. I didn't anticipate this, "Conall felt horrible. An inconvenience. He knew he shouldn't feel that way, but he couldn't help it. His parents had...sort of made him always feel like something of a burden whether it had been their intention or not.

Luvina pushed the guest door open hastily and let Conall enter first. It was a small, cozy room that was about as outlandishly decorated as the party was . Flowers everywhere and everything was in pinks and lavenders.

"If you need anything , dear just call for Jenna. She's a dear. She'll take care of you. "

"I...would rather be alone. " Conall shook his head. "Please. "

Luvina nodded, " I understand. Rest, dear. If anyone asks for you, I'll tell them you've retired for the night. "

"Thank you."

Luvina shut the door and Conall collapsed into the bed.

visualspice

The Harmond's left in a hurry. It's hard to say what had become of the body of Chesrick Klaust, but both Kella and Katahnia were not present when Blaith made the announcement that they were to leave, and hastily retreated. Rumors went around that they had become ill (since it was rumored not only Kella suffered an illness) but her twin, Blaith, occasionally as well. And more rumors were whispered that perhaps the young lady 'Kat' whom had come along with them on her debut might also have the same illness in her genes (or others, scoffed and said it was the alcohol) Either way, the party was beginning to fizzle out, and soon not many were left as the Duke of Allar was bidding his farewells to Lady Luvina. He kissed her lightly upon the hand, and he too, was ushered out, leaving only a handful of guests that were making their last parting words to friends.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

It was late afternoon when Duke Shanley woke. He emerged from the guest room in the clothes he'd worn to the party and though everyone was thinking it, not a single servant dared comment on his pale and unkempt appearance. Luvina kept a small staff of mostly elderly people whom had known the young Duke since he was about knee-height. They knew not to talk about the man's condition. They were silent out of respect for Lady Delgrin's wishes.

"Conall! Oh, dearie. You're awake! How are you feeling this afternoon?"

Conall shielded his eyes as he passed a window. The sun was so bright. "It's that late already?"

Luvina nodded and walked beside him. Already, her estate was clean with everything back in place and the decor back to the usual floral arrangements and color scheme of pinks and lavenders. She touched his arm lightly, " You had quite a night last night, didn't you?  So, which one catches your fancy?"

Conall's head was pulsing. Damn that Klaust. He somewhat wished he could have killed the man for causing such damage to his head like that. "What?"

"You seemed quite taken with Lady Turgall , but  I dare say you may have spent a considerably LONGER time with Kahtahnia, was that her name? Oh yes, yes. I do believe it was. "

"Oh God..." Conall groaned. Would she just give it a rest? "It was nothing. "

"It didn't look like nothing to me!  "

"Leave me alone, "Conall said sourly, irritable and regretting that he hadn't been in the condition to follow Katahnia after ....

"Luvina, what happened last night? After I retired. "

"Well, I suppose your sudden disappearance might have upset Lady Turgall or her cousin , perhaps? They left less than an hour after you went to bed. "

Conall's heart sunk, "I see."

Luvina nudged him playfully in the side, " Don't be so glum, child! You'll see  her again. "

No, I don't really think that I will.

But he could always visit the Turgalls, perhaps. After he dealt with the Obsidian Mantle, of course.

He had a quiet lunch with the Delgrins and Conall was quiet. He wasn't feeling well enough to maintain an engaging conversation and was content to listen to husband and wife discuss the party. When the conversation went political though, Conall wandered away to dancing...

He left with his three guardsmen whom had - well, he had NO idea where they'd wandered off during the party . He had no doubt two of them had likely gotten frisky with some of pretty servant girls....they were always up to such things.  They had insisted on following him around but he'd made them disperse. He didn't want soldiers following him around all the time. It made him seem paranoid and weak and he was confident that he'd be safe at the Delgrin's home...

The ride back to Ardal was long , but Conall was happy to be back home. Sort of. He thought of her at first, but then came the negotiations which took weeks, almost a month but he'd finally reached a solution and things calmed down. Ardal was quiet, peaceful for a time. And things were certainly looking great.

It was a perfect time to take some personal time and make good on his promise to visit Turgall. He looked forward to it, but when he got there his presence was met with such cold reception. In fact, Blaith seemed agitated by his arrival and he made excuses.  Kella wasn't feeling well enough to see him and his cousin, Katahnia , didn't want to see him. Ever again.

Conall argued with the man which hadn't been wise. At all. It only made him angrier and it escalated to a point that Duke Shanley was told, very coldly, to leave.

He did.

Time passed. Weeks, months. And something happened in Ardal. The leader of the Obsidian Mantle was dead and the Mantle blamed him, the Order of the Shield believed it too and applauded him for taking action against the "mage terrorists" . And the Mantle was PISSED. He was their enemy now and he was targeted for several assassination attempts. He couldn't travel. His guard, his ad visors...they wouldn't allow it.

The Order of the Shield retaliated...and Conall tried to pull them apart even though some of his men had advised him to use military force. It was coming to a point where he was beginning to realize that he might not have much choice....

Then, suddenly things went quiet. The Mantle just stopped. Vanished. And peace returned. For months.  He heard there was trouble up North but he had his own concerns to worry about.

And he tried sending a letter to Blaith, but there was no reply.  He sent others after. And he'd make another visit only to be turned away....

And he took the hint. He wasn't welcome in Turgall.

Eventually , he just forgot about it. It was for the best.

ooc: AND that concludes this thread, I guess.