Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Political Party

Started by visualspice, June 18, 2013, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kella smiled warmly, a blush still gracing her cheeks. She nodded, then made her way towards the balcony, where the cool air was welcomed on her heated flesh. It seemed this place was a suitable safe haven, as soon as they entered it, the couple that had been out there taking a stroll entered back into the dance hall, and it left the pair alone for the moment.

It was getting late, and the first signs of stars began to sparkle in the sky. Kella leaned against the balcony, admiring them, their twinkling catching within her clear blue eyes.
"It's so pretty here," she commented softly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Hesitating, Conall looked around for signs of another person about before he walked over to railing and leaned against it next to her. He kept a respectable distance even though dancing had brought them closer before. At her comment , he gazed up at the stars and back down at her, " Indeed, the view is quite breathtaking from here. "

He turned his gaze from her when she looked at him, "Come to think of it, Turgall isn't terribly far from Ardal, is it?" He looked at her again, " I'm sorry to say that I've never been there before. What is it like?"

visualspice

Kella kept her eyes upon his, tucking back a smile as she shrugged.
"It gets a lot of trading traffic coming through it's roads from the more Northern and Westerly duchies. A lot of people making way towards the capital will come through on these trading routes; so a lot of our people work in prosperous taverns or inns, as such is the demand. There's not a lot of farming here; there never was a need, but we do have a lot of black smiths. A lot of swords made for the Grand Duke himself, as well as the army. We make it from the ore mined up north, in Belkrath." She looked away, back out to the gardens.
"Though nothing in Turgall is so grand as it is here."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Oh, I don't know. I think it sounds rather charming.  I haven't traveled as much as I'd have liked, but I've found that the less grand cities have a lot of character in their people. " He grinned at her, "Then again, I suppose my more rustic origins make me slightly biased, hm?"

He shifted awkwardly and looked a little uncertain of what to say. There was a silence between them, "Do you think that...maybe- well, uh...in the event that perhaps you find yourself unable to travel I-I could perhaps, pay you a visit? O-of course with the permission of your family."

And he added rather hastily, " I mean- just a friendly visit. I'm not looking to court you or anything though I find you very beautiful- oh! No, er...ah. Ansgar, " Too bad he had no ability to turn back time and take back all of his foolishness. His face burned bright red. Almost as red as his hair, " I'm- sorry. I'm so nervous and I've never really -  I don't quite know how to properly express my interests without coming off as though I'd expect anything beyond pursuing an opportunity to develop a....relationship. Er...to know you, but not necessarily a marital pursuit. Does that sound inappropriate?"

It probably did. Maybe he should have just spoken more plainly. Yes indeed.

ooc: You're not the only one capable of posting at UNGODLY hours in the morning! Oh ho ho ho!

visualspice

OOC: lol
and a classic post it was XD
------------------

Kella blushed, despite the tangling of his words and stumblings; but she understood it perfectly fine, and blushed a little before she averted her gaze down to her feet.
"I'm sure you would be welcome, though it would depend if I am well," she admitted, not sure how else to respond, considering she was more than eligible if he had wanted to court her, but unfortunately for him, she was 'not for sale'.

Katahnia watched from the shadows as one of the dances had cme to an end, and signaled Tinstall to remain quiet as she watched.
"Seems that Duke is rather persistent," she giggled. "Think she might be engaged before the night is through?"

Tinstall paled. "Lord, I hope not. " but then he laughed. "It would hardly seem fair to a gentleman like me, who has been doggedly after her for years.

Katahnia's eyes were shining with mirth as she glanced over at Tinstall, shoving his shoulder.
"Too bad she cna't get engaged," and then Katahnia realized her mistake.

"What do you mean?" he asked most seriously.

"Er, that is to say, she won't take a husband so easily,'" And she laughed it off, hoping Tinstall would drop it.

Paradox

"Of course," Conall nodded, understanding completely in a sense but entirely oblivious to what she truly meant. He assumed that she had a more conventional illness like he did (ooc- lulz) that kept her from leaving her bed. He could sympathize with that. There were times when he couldn't travel and people were not permitted to see him. Excuses were always crafted by his council. They were better at the lying game than he was.

"I'd never wish to impose as an unexpected guest.  Hey, perhaps the next we meet I'll be better at waltzing."

Haha. Not likely!

"What's going on here, you two?" A woman's voice sounded from behind Tinstall and Katahnia . The very warm and jovial inflection of a certain nosy hostess.

Lady Luvina just couldn't mind her own business. Ever. She moved next to Tinstall and looked ahead, "Oh ho ho! I knew it! " She was almost loud enough to be heard by the people that they were spying on but she clapped a hand over her mouth to quiet herself. She didn't wish to ruin a perfect eavesdropping opportunity!

visualspice

Katahnia grinned as she peered over at Lady Luvina.
"So are you trying to play match maker this evening, Lady Luvina?" Katahnia inquired, her eyes shining. SHe looked over at Tinstall, who was a mess of tangled tongues.

"Well, who's to say they'll get anywhere anyways?" he tried to question, but Kat simply arched a brow at him and then peered over at her cousin. It seemed she was still blushing, and still smiling. This made Katahnia's own grin grow.

"Yes, perhaps at another ball we could enjoy another dance or two. They say practice makes perfect." ANd she smiled shyly up at him, then looked away.

Paradox

"Well, I don't like to claim all the credit, dear, " Luvina made no efforts whatsoever to hide how pleased she was with her little schemes, "all I did was give the lad a little push. He's been single far too long, you know. The last girl...crushed his heart. Ran off with some foreign boy. Oh, it was most dreadful. But, look at him now. I haven't seen him shining this brightly since...oh, he was but a lad on his first visit to Reajh. "

She would have gone on talking about the subject forever were it not for her insatiable curiosities. She nudged poor Tinstall with her bony elbow, "Oh don't be so glum, boy. They're hardly engaged, though I dare say I haven't seen her smile like that quite so much this evening. Such an adorable little dear."

Conall grinned, "There's also a saying that man is fated to strive for perfection eternally. Be that the case, might I have more than a couple? With my skill, I'd probably need it. " 

Oh the cheese. That was lame and he knew it. He chuckled.   

visualspice

Kella gave another warm smile, her cheeks heating a little more as she nodded.
"Yes, perhaps we should, but if you'd like, the night is still young. Perhaps we could try even another dance this evening?"

Paradox

Conall turned to face her and took her gloved hands in his and looked at her, his eyes bright and a smile that threatened to take in his ears, "I'd been hoping you'd make the suggestion. I certainly don't protest. "

Luvina was positively bouncing in her hiding place, excited. She couldn't wait to tell her husband the good news! Conall was courting a lady! Oh if only his parents had been here!

And OH! She would have to insist on helping with all of the festivities assuming that all went well, of course. Already she was picking out a theme for his wedding in her mind. It would be glorious!

visualspice

And like clock work, Blaith was scouting for his twin sister, and once he found her he began to approach. Gasping, Katahnia threw herself at Blaith and clung to his arm.
"N-no! Blaith! Shh! Come here!" she said, and guided him over to the group of eeves droppers who have been studying the pair ever since they struck out onto the balcony alone.

"Kat.. what is the meaning of this?" Blaith asked in good humor, giving her an inquisitive smile.

"Shh, shh!" Kat said, pressing a finger to her lips.

Tinstall rolled his eyes went Blaith looked his way. "Oh, the women are just making a fuss since Duke Shanely has the hots for your sister."

Blaith's face fell. "What?"

Kat gave Tinstall a sharp elbow to his ribs.
"Tinstall!" and she turned to Blaith, clinging to his arm to prevent him from strolling on over there. "Come on, do let them have their privacy! Your sister rarely gets out."

"Yes, and there's a reason for that!" he snapped, and Kat drew back, actually fearful of her cousin's tone, and simply watched as Blaith left them and approached the pair.

"Man.. that was scarey," Tinstall muttered. "He's really defensive of his sister."

"Overprotective is more like it," Kat said, a soft frown upon her face as she sighed.

As the music began to change, Kella's ears perked up towards it.
"Oh, it seems another dance is about to start-"

"Kella! There you are!"

And she whirled around, gasping whens he saw her brother.
"Oh, Blaith!" she felt her cheeks heat.

"I was hoping you and I could share in another dance. It would do you no good to stand here becoming a lame duck. Come on, let's show all the others that the Harmond's know how to dance."

"Oh, but I-" Kella began, but hte turned to Lord Shanley, her blue eyes wavering. "Do you mind if we dance? Perhaps then you and I can catch another song before the night is over?"

Paradox

Traces of Blaith's anger remained in the man's expression as he approached and Conall picked up on it. It was curious that her brother would interrupt them now for another dance. The only conclusion the young duke could draw from this was that he'd possibly developed an infatuation for a woman that was off-limits, perhaps? Or she had an overly-protective sibling. It could even be both.

"Oh, not at all. You are your own person, Lady Turgall and be it your will to dance with your brother at this moment, you need not ask me. I take not the slightest offense. I can sit out for awhile.  " He offered the brother and sister a pleasant smile, a bow , "Pardon me, I shall not keep you any longer. " He left , passing the spying trio as he moved. He noticed them there and shook his head, but kept walking.

Luvina frowned, " I wonder what makes Lord Turgall so cross? Duke Shanley is a very upstanding gentleman. And it seemed the pair of them were getting along so well! Though , I am sure there is a good reason for all of this. A pity though."

visualspice

Kella blushed, but nodded to Duke Shanley.
"Then perhaps later then."

And a more rigid bow came from her brother. "Perhaps we shall chat later?" and then he took Kella's hand, and the twins were off.

Katahnia was visibly frowning. She agreed with Luvina, but then got an idea. "Tinstall, why dont' you and Lady Luvina dance? I'm going to see if I can't dance with the lordship Kella's been so infatuated with to see if I can't find a way to get them-"

"Oh, Katahnia! Don't you dare start playing match maker- K.. Kat!" Tinstall stammered, realizing she had just up and left him. AN dhe turned to lady Luvina with a blink.

Kat was grinning most like a cat as she approached.
"Care for a dance?" she inquired, her grin smug, but just the slightest bit innocent as her green eyes danced as she offered out her hand to Conall.

Paradox

It seemed drinking was the only thing Conall could think to do in order to pass the time. He had successfully poured himself a glass of wine and had lifted it to his lips for a drink when Katahnia approached him and asked him for a dance. Conall nearly choked on his drink, but managed to swallow it down.

A man standing next to the Duke stepped forward, "Well, if he doesn't want to, I will. "

"Ah..." Conall gave Katahnia a curious look , pondering what the woman's intentions were. He also had a feeling that this woman wouldn't be quite as kind towards his magnificently terrible dancing ability. He was curious though and so he took her hand, "It would be my pleasure, m'lady."

Together they moved out onto the dance floor and as fate would have it, Lady Driscoll and her husband were there. The moment she saw Conall, Lady Driscoll stopped and grabbed at her tall wig and gasped, "Oh Angsar Not YOU again! Stay away!" She and her husband moved away from them. Quite a few couples whom had been knocked about by Conall's less than impressive dancing abilities gave him and Katahnia a wide berth.

Conall blushed , " I guess now would be a good time to tell you that my grace is  quite hazardous. Your relation, Kella- ah pardon. Lady Turgall was kind enough to give me a fair bit of instruction. I must apologize beforehand if I accidentally step on your feet or – well, I'll try not to bump into anyone this time. "

The music played and they danced.  Conall was – well he tried his best. "I am under the impression that Lord Turgall might not like me being so close to his sister." He frowned. Then he met Kat's eyes pointedly, " And you were spying on us. That's not very polite, you know. " He didn't seem very upset by the latter though.   

visualspice

Kathania gave him a cunning gaze and swept marvelously with him across the dance floor; but that was because she was leading. SHe wondered if he even knew?
And at his mention about his dancing abilities, she only beamed.

"With practice makes perfect, but do not worry, Kella is polite to everyone, so I do not think you've offended her. Trust me, you'd know," she informed him with a playful wink.
"And yes, Lady Turgall is quite nice. She rarely gets to come out so I'm glad she is having fun. Her brother, as you can imagine, is quite protective of her for this very reason. He just doesn't want to see her get hurt is all. So I admire that in him, even if he gets in the way of my spying." ANd her grin grew, her green eyes dancing as they continued, without much problems, to dance away. (Then again, they did hav ea lot of extra space..)

"And I was only there to keep a watchful eye upon my cousin like I had promised. You see, she wouldn't have come were it not for me, and this is my first ball in ages. I'm glad she could have come, and I too. Oh, how I miss dancing!" she said, and still, somehow.. the pair were managing to actually.. dance...
but...

FOR HOW LONG?!

Paradox

"That is good to know," Conall replied although he wasn't quite so certain, but who knew Kella better than one of her own blood? " I was concerned that she might have assumed that I would have been insulted were my request for a dance to be declined. I might have felt a little disappointment. No one likes being turned down, but I can respect a lady's decision. I merely thought I'd take a chance and see where it might lead. Never know until you try, hm?"

Conall nodded, "I had younger sisters, I think I can understand his protective sentiments. He has little to fear of me, I'm quite harmless. "However he frowned a little at her jest about spying because it made him feel awkward. How MUCH had she overheard, precisely. How much had Luvina overheard? Oh, Ansgar! Before the night was through people would be talking about this....he just had a feeling it would be true.

"Hm. Then perhaps you ought to keep an eye on the man she was with earlier. What was his name? Klaust, I think she called him. I don't like to say such things about other people, but that man was rather abrasive and forceful. I think he might have made your cousin very uncomfortable and in a different manner than I. Not in a good manner."

And it was only now that he realized that he was actually dancing. It boggled his mind until he realized that she was leading, not him. Well, that explained a lot. "Well, for someone out of practice you do rather well. "

Somehow he knew that he was going to mess them both up.

Oh yes, it was going to happen!

"I cannot claim the same for myself. I'm usually the boring fellow who stands off to the side, watching everyone else enjoy themselves while I sourly think of how I cannot wait until it ends and I can go home. " He chuckled, "Though I hold Lady Luvina in high esteem. Despite her ...eccentricities she is a generous woman. She told me much of the proceeds are being donated to orphanages." 

It had been requested that guests pay a small fee to enter the party though it was not a mandatory price. Some nobles paid , others did not.

visualspice

"Yes, it was one reason I convinced Kella to come. Plus I was growing restless. It has been ages, as I've stated, since I've been able to dance," and she continued to keep the lead before she asked, "However, Duke Shanley, might you want to try leading for a while?" she inquired, giving him a playful, teasing leer. "Though I do not mind leading to keep your two left feet in line, I must say you won't get any good practice out of this if I continue to be your guide." And Katahnia's smile grew, her green eyes dazzling with mirth. "So go on then," and she adjusted her hands, "Show me what sort of dancing you can do." And her eyes challenged, and as they began to sweep back into the dance she inquired, "So how long have you known Lady Luvina? You seem to be quite acquainted with one another very intimately."

Paradox

At her suggestion of taking the lead, Conall's complexion paled. Said suggestion was backed up by perfectly persuasive points and supplemented by quite the mischievous expression. "Two left feet?" He elevated a brow at her, "Indeed. Very well then, prepare to be dazzled by all that I've learned in half of an hour or less." 

As soon as he took the lead, their dance was a lot more clumsy and awkward. However, his efforts were not entirely hopeless. Kella had managed to teach him something and fortunately for Kella's feet and everyone else's, Conall wouldn't be crushing anymore innocent toes at least!

"Lord and Lady Delgrin are friends – were friends of my late parents," Conall informed her, "I've know her my whole life. Trust me, she's always been mischievous and a little bit too intrusive in affairs pertaining to a...well, what she perceives to be of a romantic. She fancies herself to be quite the matchmaker. I'd advise you that if you're single , you keep such knowledge quiet or she'll start trying to find suitors for you. "

visualspice

Katahnia chuckled at his remarks and moved carefully as he took the lead, careful that he wouldn't trample on her toes.
"I'll be sure to keep that in mind, but it seems she's already trying to match you up with someone. I wonder who that could be?" Katahnia said playfully, giving the man a leer. "You seem eligible enough to catch your friend's fancy, so I take it your unwed and not courting anyone?" Her grin grew at the question, eyes narrowing with her obvious intent.

OOC: if this is lame and short, I'm sorry >> making a quick post since I probably won't be online later x.x

Paradox

"She's not the only one, it seems," Conall looked at her pointedly , "but, you're not incorrect with your assumptions. I am neither married or courting anyone. I haven't in four years. I got wrapped up in my duties and lost track of time. "

There had been offers, but few of them had been appealing . Few of the daughters presented had complimented him at all. They had been very attractive women, but their personalities for the most part were quite cringe-worthy.

He shrugged slightly , "In all honesty I make no advances with any manner of expectations. Your cousin caught my eye and I chose to take a chance of my own accord and see where it went from there. If all that is to come out of this is a friendship, I could be satisfied with that.  "