Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Political Party

Started by visualspice, June 18, 2013, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Katahnia was shocked he brought up the alcohol as she looked at him, wide eyed, but then quickly smiled and looked away, keeping her eyes across the garden walk as they moved, arm and arm across the moonlit path. She was thankful the night air was cool, it kept her blush at bay (at least, the heat of it, for the moment).

"Yes, horrible dancing would never be something to turn me to drink. If anything, it'd turn me more towards social gossiping," she replied in good humor, looking into his green eyes before turning away.

"It takes a lot for me to even care to go so far as to... to drink a fair amount over my limit, I mean...., forgive me, I rarely let myself become so.... enticed by the drink." and she embarrassingly lowered her gaze. "I just get so angry when men spew out words they believe to be fact, when in reality.." she sighed, shaking her head. "It just disturbs me and grates on my nerves they do not seem to understand the consequences of their actions or that their judgement affect so many lives." She shook her head. "It's like they just don't understand, and only let their logic be fueled by predjudice and hate."

And she felt her eyes tear up as she brushed some away, blinking more back and turning away from him as she bit back a sad smile. She just hoped Conall hadn't caught her so.. emotional.  BUt then again, no one could begin to understand her loss.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Conall elevated a brow, "It is hardly a matter. Two glasses of wine is ...really nothing." She might have had more than that, but that was all he'd seen her take in. He shrugged, "I've had...three? Four? I lost count, to be frank. Not counting what I spilt, naturally."  He glanced over his shoulder at her for a moment and then elevated his eyes to the night sky. His eye snapped back to her when she mentioned gossiping. He chuckled, "Oh , I'm sure that everyone in the country will know how talented I am before the week is ended without your assistance, thank you."

He listened to her frustrations, nodding, "I think anyone with a sense of compassion would be unsettled by the ignorance , apathy and fear that exists in such discussions. Some men don't know better, others aren't just ignorant but also don't care that they are. If it suits their personal views and agenda, they're content to adhere to their ways no matter how damaging they are to everyone else around them. That I find to be deplorable. I may be a son of Ansgar, and I might not approve of ...magic or its use, but I do not believe in condemning people for being born the way that they are nor do I expect people to be perfect and believe in condemning them for...an innocent transgression. All people make mistakes, and that doesn't make any of them less human or give others the right to impose harsh punishments. After all, a mage that abuses their abilities is no different than an overly ambitious Duke  taking advantage of the ignorance and fear of the people. Between you and I, I dare say that the latter is usually much worse. "   

visualspice

As the two continued their walk outside in the gardens, Katahnia chewed her lips over his words. She had grown strangely quiet, but it had taken her that long to recompose herself, and bite all of the tears away. And by then, the two were several paths into the gardens, the moonlight full and beautiful, capping everything in silver light.

"Yes, some believe power is even corrupting, but you don't see them condemning such a thought," Katahnia mused. She paused now just before a fountain. A naked man and women were perched in it's centers, waters bubbling out from their hands as they reached out towards the heavens and held onto one another in a loving embrace. Her eyes studied the statues a moment, and she recalled Cauwyn, and her child, and found more tears in her eyes.

She tried blinking them away again, lowering her gaze, but he might have noticed it in her reflection upon the waters.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Conall too was looking at the fountain , but his expression was quizzical as he studied it. Why were there naked people? That was quite bold, was it not? His traditional, prudish Connlaothian sensibilities weren't quite sure whether to be offended or uncomfortable. He shook his head. Luvina always had such a flair for the most outlandish of decorations. She claimed that it gave her character, made people remember her and her parties....

Well, she certainly wasn't wrong. But not all that was said of her was...polite. Though he suspected Lady Delgrin hardly cared so long as so many people were talking about her!

He noted Katahina's distressed reflection and felt in his pocket for his kerchief...

Oh. Right. Kella still had that.

Maybe she won't cry. Don't cry...don't-

Ansgar, there's tears in her eyes. What do I do?

Maybe I should just pretend not to notice? Wouldn't that be a little callous of me? Or maybe...

What if I just said something comforting? But what do I say? I don't even understand what's wrong?

Well , I can't just stand here...

"Are you...alright?"He asked lamley.

Brilliant question , Shanley. Would she be crying if she were?

ooc: lulz

visualspice

"Oh, yes!" she turned to him, smiling as her eyes shined with tears. She moved her hand to brush away at them. "It just seems the cold night air stung them and well.. perhaps my eyes are sensitive after the wine?" A lame excuse, but it was what it was. She smiled and turned away from him, walking by herself now down the path. "Though I must admitt.."s he began, keeping careful steps. "The walk is doing good to sober me up." ANd she turned, smiling at him to let him know it was alright, her words meant to lighten the mood and hopefully distract them to .. other conversations and things. It was only then she paused out in the gardens, her eyes wondering around and going back towards the building, to the tall open window as she watched the silouhettes of guests moving past.

"It's strange to observe such thigns from afar,"s he mused, looking into the people up there, and then to the other windows, not really seeking anyone or anything in particular.

Paradox

She's worse at lying than I am. He nodded, accepting her excuse but not truly believing it. She wished to save face, and he wouldn't embarass her further by insisting upon what was the matter. It might have been nothing or it might have been a deeper issue brought her too much grief and that wasn't the concern of a stranger like himself.

He glanced back over his shoulder, "You think so, hm? That is not such a peculiar feeling to me. "Yes, as a child and even as a Lord , he knew that feeling quite intimately. 

visualspice

Katahnia laughed softly and turned to Conall with an amused grin.
"So do you watch parties through windows inside other people's gardens often?" She raised a single brow at him, a playful smile upon her lips as she dared him to answer with a playful look about her eyes.

Paradox

Conall blushed and shook his head, "W-what? N-no! Well, not...anymore. With the exception of now. That is to say, but that wasn't what I meant. Only when I was younger because...I ....was curious why adults would make such a big fuss about them. "

Truth be told, his illness was part of what kept him away from such things. "I'm NOT a voyeur." He added hastily, but then he realized how wrong that might have sounded. Poor choice of words. Terrible. He just needed to stop talking.

"B-but that's not what I meant. I was just...my mind was. I...pretend I said nothing." He finished awkwardly and clapped a hand over his eyes. "Maybe the wine is affecting my ability to think more than I realize."

Not really, but hey....blaming the wine for his awkward foolishness seemed like a perfectly good idea.

visualspice

Katahnia smiled over at him.
"I'm not sure if it's the wine, but I can see why Kella likes you," and her eyes danced, her smile genuine before she blushed and looked away, staring up at the people. "Speaking of Kella, I think I see her.." she spoke, a mean, but playful look upon her eyes. "Though who is that gentleman beside-" and then she gasped, realizing Kella was being cornered by Klaust, and the look on her face made her stomach churn.

Kella appeared to be squirming beneath his gaze, and the man, getting ever closer to her.  Katahnia felt her hands clench into fists.
"Ex..excuse me, Duke Shanely, I do believe I am needed elsewhere." and she turned to him, bowing but once before making her way swiftly across the grasses, but the moment she did so- Kella had left the wall nearest the windows, only to be pursued by Klaust deeper within the ball....

So when Katahnia returned to the ball room, the place was a dizzying mess of laughter, music and dance. But no where could she be seen, despite how desperate Katahnia had looked. She found herself troubled, eyes darting everywhere as she called off softly..
"Kella!?" and even as she looked, Blaith was also no where to be seen. Shit.

Paradox

Conall shot her a mock glare of incredulity. Quite the cheeky one, she was. He laughed in spite of his awkwardness, however. And when she mentioned Kella, he suspected the Lady of Turgall would have still been dancing with her brother. Or, perhaps another man had snatched her up for a dance? "Oh?" His curiosity had him leaning in close to peer wherever Katahnia was looking and he didn't see what was going on as soon as she , but her gasp caused him alarm. Her taking off so suddenly didn't help ease his nerves either.

He stood there for a moment, confused but then he hurried after her. Something was wrong. That's all he needed to know.

He caught up with her inside ,"What was that about? What's wrong?" She seemed to be looking for something. Was something wrong with...Kella?

visualspice

Katahnia chewed on her lips, fretting something might be up. She felt it in her gut. Somethign was wrong, incredibly wrong.
"Can you help me find my cousin.. either of them, Kella or Blaith? I.." she didn't know how to put it but.. "It's that gentleman she danced with from earlier. I .. I saw her alone with him. She didn't look happy and I told her I'd be around to keep her safe." And here she had gotten side tracked by walking with a duke in the gardens.
"Blaith warned me about that man. He... has an infatuation with Kella, and I dare admit it isn't a healthy one." she just hoped her gut feeling was wrong and that Kella was ok. But why couldn't she find her?

Paradox

"I saw her with Lord Turgall shortly before we departed from the parlor," Conall frowned, knowing precisely who Katahnia was talking about, "I don't imagine that Lord Turgall had left her unattended for very long which means..."

That Klaust was a stalker. Conall had never actually encountered these types of people before, but he had certainly heard enough horror stories about desperate and deranged men that would become so obsessed with a woman that he would follow her every move and in many cases...

His heart dropped into the pit of his stomach. Surely, he wouldn't try such a thing at a public party! And surely someone would take notice and stop him if...he took things too far.

What am I thinking? He probably crossed the line a long time ago.

"I remember him. If I can't find them, I'll find him." And what would he do with such a man? The best he could do was have the man thrown out for harassment . However, if Kella had been assaulted....then far harsher punishments would await him after Conall beat the shit out of him. And not in a very gentlemanly manner, either.

He touched Katahnia's shoulder lightly,and offered a reassuring glance , "I'll check the dining hall. You check the parlor. There's the balcony ...and the gardens. "

He left her and went off in search of the Turgall's. He found Tinstall , and Lord and Lady Delgrin at the table, eating one of Lady Delgrin's dessert cakes and enjoying more wine. Hadn't they had enough?

"Ho ho! There's  Duke Casanova now, " Roland exploded with cheerful laughter and waved at Conall, "Doing a little sampling , eh? "

"What? " Conall was distracted, irritated. "No..."

"Oh don't be shy! I saw you with another lady, leaving into the gar-"

"I don't have time for games. " Conall cut the jovial fellow short, his tone icy and somewhat authoritative. The sort of tone he employed on the occasion that things were of a serious matter.

Roland immediately sobered as did Tinstall and Luvina.

"What's wrong dear?" Luvina inquired, her merriment gone completely and replaced with concern. She'd never seen the Duke this worked up since ...the funeral held for his family.

Conall wasted no time explaining, "It's Kella- ah , Lady Turgall...oh hell! Kahtania, her cousin, believes there may be trouble with a gentleman- no, not a gentleman. A man named Klaust. He has dark hair, somewhat unkempt. Shaggy beard and he wasn't dressed like any noble I know. Far too gaudy and somewhat foreign. I'd venture to guess he's a merchant. At any rater,  we need to find her. Now. "

And the search was on.

visualspice

The dances continued, skirts fluttering around, but none that matched the description of Kella's gown for that evening, nor her face. Katahnia found herself quickly growing worried, but noticed Blaith dancing with a lady from Belkrath, and despite it being rude, she found herself butting in..
"B-Blaith!"

Blaith turned to her, raising his brows. "Kat?" Then he smirked and shook his head, "Can't you see I'm dancing?"
But then at her expression, his brows furrowed. "What's wrong?"

Catching her breath, Katahnia swallowed back her fear, "It's Kella.. I.. I just can't find her and-"

But she didn't have to finish her sentence for him to know what was up.

"I'm sure she is alright," Calent cut in coldly, as he found his own dancing becoming disturbed by Blaith's sudden halt. It was time to swap partners, but now with this pair at a pause, he sighed. "Are you here to cause more trouble with your tongue?"

Katahina's brow furrowed. "Hardly. A man like you wouldn't understand-"

"What I do understand is you're standing in the middle of the dance floor. Your cousin probably went to powder her nose," and before she knew what was going on, the Duke of Allar was offering his hand. "Come on, why don't you and I dance? Let your cousin deal with that matter. We should not linger here, lest we clog up the dance floor."

Katahnia's cheeks flushed at his statement. Was she being foolish? But it was Kella, and that man...

"Kat.. yes, why don't you stay here and dance. I doubt Kella is in much trouble. Just because we can't see her doesn't mean she might not be out on the other balcony." And Kat turned, and noticed a figure that may have looked like Kella;s, and breathed a sigh of relief.

"See, I believe that's her over there," Calent added in.

Blaith noddded, "I'll go to her. You enjoy the evening." And Katahnia found herself glancing down at Calent's still outstretched arm. And her, glancing around to a dance that was folding in all around her. Sighing, she took his hand, but her heart was racing a mile a minute, and as the two danced, she kept her eyes trained on the balcony, to where Kella's form now disappeared...

Paradox

The search party met back in the dining hall.

Judging by the lack of Kella's presence , Conall drew the conclusion that no one had located her. Or , he hoped, she was with either Blaith or Katahnia. "Any luck?" The Duke of Ardal inquired.

Tinstall shook his head, "I searched the whole of the gardens and I didn't see her or Klaust. "

"She's not in the courtyard, " Roland reported.

"I didn't see her in parlor , but I did see her cousin. Katahnia was it?"

Conall nodded frowning and his concern only increasing, "She's not here in the dining hall either. And no one has seen Blaith? "

"He was dancing  earlier with Lady Winsley..." Luvina offered.

"Alright. Keep looking. I'm going to speak with Blaith, " Conall told them.

The search party broke away and Conall hurried into the parlor room. His gaze swept over the room, scanning for Blaith or Kella. He found Klaust instead and the man saw him as well because he took off hastily.

"Hey! " Conall moved to pursue the man, but people - more specifically, dancing couples were in the way. He allowed himself to be blocked at first, and desparately looked for a way around.

Propriety be hanged! "Excuse me! I need to get through. "

"Then go around, " The nobleman blocking his path replied haughtily.

Conall's expression tightened with irritation and he pushed his way through, breaking the couple apart.And he went on pushing his way through the masses, causing people to bump into one another and men to curse at him. Some recognized the duke and were shocked. He had a reputation for being a very well-mannered man!

Conall was gaining on his target but then of all people he could have bumped into....

Allarick and....

"Kat- Miss Harmond! " He hesitated and then saw over her shoulder that Klaust was getting away. He was completely ignoring Allarick. Calent did it to him quite frequently. He'd learn to get over it. "What are you doing? Did you find her?" He had to admit that he was a little bit agitated with the woman for being here now...dancing with his greatest rival....

Though what really bothered him the most was that she hadn't at least TOLD him that she'd found Kella. "You could have told me you found her already. The Delgrins and I have been looking everywhere for the past fifteen minutes...." He wasn't yelling but he sounded quite cross.

And he was kinda pissed that she was dancing with HIM. How could she?

"Nevermind. I just saw Klaust over there...."

And the bastard was gone.

Ansgar's beard!

ooc: lol...

visualspice

Calent sighed irritably the moment Duke Shanley came stumbling in to break their dance. His green eyes remained hard upon him, but he with held his comments at this time as Katahnia gasped, staring wide eyed, and embarrassed as Duke Shanley went on muttering this or that. He looked positively like a mad man and she broke away from her dance partner to take a hold of Shanley's arm, all the while Duke Calent parted away, the dance happening to be in a convenient time to change partners, except the pair of them were now standing there, idle upon the floor.

"I thought I had seen her. Blaith said he would handle it and I- well, I sort of got caught in the middle of a dance when I ran into Duke Calent,"s he said, averting his gaze as her cheeks still flamed with a blush. She looked all around at the dancers that were quickly cramping in around them, and took hold of Shanley's hands  and began to step in line with him, trying to sneak their way back into the dance, appearing as if they hadn't disturbed it at all.

"So you haven't found her either? And where did you see him?" her green eyes lifted from his and looked about the dance floor. "I don't see that rat of a man. Where is he?" And as she craned her neck, a dancing couple behind them ran into her ass, knocking Katahnia forward as she spilled into Conall with an 'ooof'.
And as Katahnia tried to apologize, she turned arounda nd went pale, noticing hte woman's tall beehive hair had come crashing down off the top o fher head and landed with a few good bounces to a rest at Conall's feet.

It was then the beehiveless dancer noticed Conalla nd with a hmph, slapped him hard across the face before her dancing partner scooped up her 'do from the floor.

"We're so sorry about that, we're clumsy dancers," Katahnia tried to say, but the dancing partners glared daggers back at them as the man spat, "Then stay off the dance floor." And gave them both a snooty raise of his nose before he turned away to help his fair lady fix her hair.

Paradox

Conall gripped her hand a little tightly. He wasn't in the mood for dancing and he rigidly moved with her despite wanting to continue shoving his way through. He was a duke and some of these people treated him like a nobody? They moved the WORLD for Allarick. Even for the smallest of things. It made NO sense to him, but he knew why. Allarick was a lot wealthier.

Conall glared at her while she tried to explain herself. He probably shouldn't have felt as mad as he did, but she had , perhaps, caused him far more concern than might have been necessary. Was that her intent? To make him look like an utter fool? Because she'd succeeded wonderfully! He held his tongue though because he'd already made enough of an ass out of himself tonight.

And SHE was the one who made him act SO out of composure! He shouldn't have danced with her. Then she could have watched Kella and NONE of this would have happened.

Wait. Didn't that make everything HIS fault?

It didn't matter now though. It was what it was.

He shook his head, "He was over there, behind you. I almost had him..." His face tightened again and he averted his eyes from her. " I think he took the left exit. To a balcony, I think. Though I doubt he's there anymore. He saw me and seemed to know I was looking for him." 

They bumped into Lady Driscoll again and he bent to pick up her lost wig. However, when he apologized and held it out to her for her to reclaim, the woman slapped him. And he looked shocked. He'd NEVER been slapped before. Ever. Not by a lesser born. He blinked and then narrowed his green eyes dangerously at the Driscolls and , purposefully, he dropped the wig so that another dancing couple could trample over it before it was reclaimed.

And that made them livid, but they knew better than to further incense the duke of Ardal.  Lady Driscoll was fortunate enough that Conall hadn't had the mind to have her thrown out. He didn't. He knew he somewhat deserved the slap.

Conall afforded the Driscoll's one last glare before he turned his attention to Kahtania. "The Delgrins and Tinstall are looking for her right now. Look, I...I'm sorry for – no . I am not sorry for my attitude. I'm concerned. VERY concerned because you were distraught and then I find you here. You should have just refused or am I to understand that your behavior and claims were overdramatic? I don't know, Miss Harmond. You're confusing me. What am I supposed to feel? My stomach is in knots, I'm sweating bullets, and I can't even form a proper sentence. I'll tell you exactly how I feel right now, Miss Harmond. I feel like a complete imbecile." 

And HOW could she even THINK of dancing with HIM!?

ooc: lulz.

visualspice

He wasn't the only one sweating bullets. Kathania's eyes were darting every which was but his as she lost sight of Blaith, and still, had not seen any sign of Klaust. Sighing,s he turned back to Conall,  a desperation still lingering inside her eyes. "I'm sorry if I had you worried, but I still do not believe she is safe. Gods.. I should have followed Blaith. Just to calm my own fears, forgive me," and she stopped dancing right then and there with him and peered up at him with a  bit of a pout. "I can't dance anymore. I have to go see if she's ok." Then she moved to turn away, just at the exact moment there was another exchange and she ran back into the Duke of Allar. With a short yelp, she was taken back. "Duke Calent, I'm.. I'm sorry." and she tried to curtsy her way out of it, but the Duke only looked annoyed, discarded his own date and suddenly scooped Katahnia back into his arms and they pair were off and dancing.

"Oh! But I hadn't meant that I-" Katahnia stammered, but grew quiet beneath the coldness of Calent's eyes.

"Do you often fumble over your tongue? You know it is not most becoming of a lady," Calent informed her coldly.

'Yes, well, most things you believe are not most becoming of a lady," Katahnia promptly snapped. Her irritation quickly escalated as fueled by the anger recieved by a certain Duke Shanley.
"And fi you would have taken the time to let me explain, I wouldn't be dancing now with you at all. My cousin-"

And Calent's rude sigh made her halt in her rantings as she cast him a glare.

"Please, do still your tongue and simply enjoy the dance. It will only last another few seconds before I have to pass you off," Calent said snidely.

And oh the venom in her eyes as she glared back at the man. Oh the things he could say, the way she could tear him apart. But no.. this wasn't the place. Kella..
Her eyes tore away from him, desperately seeking to the wall and feeling her heart hammering within her chest. Gods.. when would the next break be..!? Could she even wait that long, and before she knew it, she was turning around, missing a step and colliding back into Duke Shanley.

"Duke Shanley!" she exclaimed, face red and her tongue, in knots.

Calent rolled his eyes. It was a bit premature, but he bowed befre the couple. "The lady is all yours."A nd he gave just one chilling glance to Conall before parting away, findign another lady to step out with onto the dance floor.

Kathania released her held breath.
"Oh, the things I could say to that man!" Katahnia spat, her body visibly shaking with rage as her hands were clenched tightly into fists.

Paradox

To say that Conall was livid would have been an understatement. It took every ounce of his discipline to calm the rage that boiled inside of him as Calent barged in purposefully, sweeping Kahtania away for a dance. And...he found himself with a partner, a poor slip of a nervous girl who didn't look so sure if she should be dancing with the duke of Ardal or not. She immediately picked up on his dark, angry expression which she had never seen before in all the years she'd known him. "Um...maybe I should just..."

Conall didn't stop her. He was far too preoccupied with being on the edge of erupting. Control your emotions. You will not lose your temper further. He tried to calm himself, tried to take a deep breath but his emotions were everywhere. He was angry , worried, angry, scared, angry, confused, ANGRY, nervous, ANGRY, ashamed, ANGRY, jealous, ANGRY....and the list went on.

She broke away from him so suddenly, but wouldn't do the same to Calent? It was a slap in the face . A big one.   

Calm down. You're being childish. Focus on Klaust. I need to find him at least. He turned away from Katahnia and started winding his way through the dancing couples....

And...wouldn't you know it? Ansgar had a cruel sense of humor this evening. Katahnia bumped into him and if looks could kill a man, Calent Allarick would have been hundreds of thousands of feet below the ground. His gaze sharply shifted to Kahtania. His green eyes could not have looked any colder in that brief moment. He had no words for her. He turned his back on her and went on. If Kahtania wanted to waste her time putzing around , dancing to Calent's tune then he couldn't care less.

At least that's what he told himself...kept telling himself. And he was angrier with himself that he had to care so damn much.

Maybe he really would just find and beat Klaust up for fun, but first...he intentionally sought out Calent and bumped into him, causing the man to stumble and his new partner, "Pardon me," he offered with nearly believable and extremely phony apology. And he smiled at Calent. It seemed genuine, but his eyes were absolutely cold and venomous.

Yes, he too could be a douche!

He left the dance floor and headed to the balcony he'd seen Klaust disappear to....

visualspice

The look in Conall's eyes frightened her. She moved swiftly after him, grabbing his shoulder before he made it to the balcony.
"Duke Shanley, wait!" And she stumbled into a halt at his side. Seeing the anger flare within his eyes, she only shrunk back momentarily before setting her jaw, her eyes reading his. "Come now, you must calm down. I.. " and she lowered her gaze painfully. "I'm sorry if I put you in distress." And she looked back up into his face. "I just worry for my cousin so, and Blaith he.. he had made such a big deal that he hadn't liked that man and for Kella to avoid him this evening that I.. well, I saw the way she was flinching when near him when she was by herself on the other balcony and I..." she frowned. "I'm sorry." Then she bit into her lip, looking towards the balcony, then back to him, as she frowned. "Shall we go look for her together then? I'd hate for you to remain so upturned over my own worries and suspicions."

Paradox

"Don't-!" He snapped at her. He sensed she was trying to calm him down and he just wanted her to go away so he COULD calm down. SHE was the source of all of this...this MESS inside. He sighed and covered his face with a hand, taking a deep breath. She was right , of course. He needed to calm down.

She really had no idea how he felt and he wasn't about to tell her...because it was irrelevant and that part, at least , wasn't her fault. He owned that.

He said nothing to her, his hand over his face. Wouldn't even look at her while she apologized. Finally, he removed his hand from his face and turned to look at her. His expression was softer, traces of anger still present but there was something behind that deep in his eyes. But it was difficult to place...but it hinted that in spite of his outburst, he couldn't remain so upset with her. "Yes." He said simply, not quite sure what else to say at the moment but then he spied something familiar in the garden below.

And then he did something that was , perhaps, unexpected. He hurried over to the railing and, grabbing it he lifted himself up and over, dropping down into the garden below. And he took off running at full tilt.

Klaust wasn't going to get away after all of this! If he was to look the King of Asses tonight, he was at LEAST going to catch the slimy creep!

And Klaust was surprised to see the Duke fly over the railing and hit the grass , tucking into a roll as he hit the earth and rolling up so swiftly to his feet then come running at a speed that...he wouldn't have expected from a noble.

But he knew nothing about the Ardalir who were, well, very physically active and working people in general. There were no slow, lazy , out of shape types in their land....

Klaust's expression turned from disbelief to an "Oh shit!" as Conall closed in. "I'd advise you start slithering, snake! You do NOT want me to catch up with you!" Conall snarled.

He need not have told the man. Klaust ran. Like hell.