Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blackest of Hearts (Open!)

Started by DaGlobster, January 13, 2014, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Before Stygia reached the door it opened and Darkaroth stepped through, blocking her path.
"You didn't give me an answer," Darkaroth said. "I told you that I will only leave once I have an answer. You can't lie to me. I am a master of deception. I can see the lies of mortals."
Darkaroth took a step closer to her and spoke softly.
"I can even read their thoughts to find out what scares them most. So tell me, how is Ardeadai? Last time I saw him he was researching how to turn a mortal into a demon. Surely it must have been for you."
Darkaroth began walking in slow circles around Stygia.
"He's afraid to lose you. He wants to be with you for eternity, and yet you deny even knowing him. That's not a very loving thing to do."
Darkaroth was digging deep on this one. If worst came to worst, he would make a few arrangements that would prevent them from leaving. If they slipped away anyway, he would simply follow. It's not like he had anything better to do.

DaGlobster

Stygia stopped when she was confronted by Darkaroth. As he spoke, Seussal drew his greatsword and shield, a black mist seeping from the blade. Stygia herself shed most of her human disguise, as a magnificient set of horns sprouted from her head, her hands and feet turned into black-scaled talons, and a set of wings came out of her back. "I'm usually more civilized, but I think it's justified when I tell you to fuck off, you nosy asshole!" She bellowed, the force of her voice splintering the floorboards around her. With a beat of her powerful wings, she jumped backwards, landing nimbly on the table they were sitting around just moments before. As she jumped back, Seussal lunged forwards with an agility rare among undead, swinging his greatsword sideways. Her hand went to her amulet, touching it for a mere moment. Does this guy give you trouble as well? she asked Daerian, her vibrant summer dress turning black.

Wicked Basket

Darkaroth vanished just before the greatsword vanished. He then appeared behind Stygia and spoke softly into her ear.
"Your rage says it all, my dear," Darkaroth said with a chuckle.
He got his answer. It wasn't a definite answer per say, but it was good enough for him. Wait until he tells Ardeadai what he knows.

Tak

A black and red fog/mist had arisen, then it began to take shape. After a few seconds, it transmuted itself into Ardeadai. He looked around... It was good to see Stygia again. But, however, there was the one who was buggering him and his father earlier. "So that's where you went. Are you here to kill my princess, you fool?". Regardless of his answer, he drew his weapon, Shadeburn. "I highly suggest you swagger off to do whatever you do."

Wicked Basket

Darkaroth started to laugh.
"So it is true," he said. "Young Ardeadai had fallen in love, and with a mortal no less! Tell me, does your father know?"
Now that was definitive. Stygia had tried to hide it only for Ardeadai to arrive and give it all away. That just made it even better.

Tak

Ardeadai thought about his answer for a few seconds. "He will... and plus, it has been... balanced. And also, don't call her mortal. It'll change, as you surely know by now."

The demon looked to the dragoness. "This is Darkaroth. He isn't anything that we now of... he is something, though. We'd had a fair share of history..." said Ardeadai as he looked to Darkaroth. With a tenth of a souls-worth of power, he increased the volume of his voice tenfold. "Just go away, Darkaroth. You're not wanted. You're not needed."

DaGlobster

"What do you think I've been trying to tell him, love?" She said, regaining her composure and taking a moment to fix her hair. She gave Darkaroth a teasing smile and walked over to Ardeadai, putting one arm around his hip and a hand on one of his shoulder plates. In the hand connected to the arm around his waist, she still held the book. "Seussal, put you sword away and get back to the carriage." She said towards her undead knight, and he sheathed his sword without question and exited the library, rasping "yes, my lady..." as it left.

Stygia looked at Ardeadai's helmet as he spoke, glancing back and forth between the two men. She didn't feel like compounding Ardeadai's reauest, as it was pretty clear that nobody felt like putting up with Darkaroth's crap right now. Her eyes widened a bit, and she looked into the vision slit on Ardeadai's helmet "Oh, I almost forgot, love!" She piped up, and held the book up. "I've got the knowledge I need from this book. Soon, we can both share each other's gifts." She whispered into Ardeadai's ear, and she leaned in further. "You're going to love acid baths when I'm through with you." She added, and her tongue passed over the side of his helmet

Wicked Basket

"Balanced," Darkaroth repeated thoughtfully. "So Kirnardaz has found love as well then?"
Darkaroth chuckled darkly.
"You would think that he learned better after what happened last time."
Darkaroth approached the couple.
"You seem so certain about the transformation of the other. Not all magics and species were meant to mix."

Anadwen

Daerian carefully watched over them all, calculating and deciding what would be the best to do, but when Ardeadai, whose form reminded her of Kirnardaz so strongly, appeared, she sprang from her chair and appeared before them all in her full form, with wide wings, beating into the air, and sharp claws at the tips of her fingers.

"Kirnardaz..." she purred, walking towards Ardeadai, when she realized it wasn't actually him. "No... Ardeadai. You are the son he spoke of..." Her slim hand grabbed the demon's shoulder and she smiled. "You look almost like him." At first, it was difficult to control her desires and not immediately jump at him.

Darkaroth, on the other side, received only a disdainful growl. "What is no concern of yours should be left alone..." she warned him, and turned back to Stygia and Ardeadai. "You are both very welcome at my fortress. My mount is waiting outside - shall we go?"

DaGlobster

Stygia nodded at the idea, and left Ardeadai's side momentarily to make towards Daerian. She placed her sickle-shaped claws on the demoness' shoulders, looking into her eyes. "Why don't you tie your mount to my carriage? I've been looking for a lead animal for a while now. I assure you, Seussal is quite the competent driver. He'll have us there as quick as the night." She said to Daerian, the acidic fumes that emanated from her mouth in gentle waves acting as an odorless stimulant for the senses. Her tounge danced around hypnotically in her mouth as she spoke as well, the tip floating almost teasingly in her mouth like a fishing lure.

She left Daerian to consider her answer, and returned to Ardeadai. "So, this is your mother? Lovely woman, I must say." She said, placing both her clawed hands on Ardeadai's chest and looking over to Darkaroth with a look that said "Piss off"

Anadwen

"Mother?" Daerian laughed. "I am not his mother... Only in relationship with his father, unfortunately." she shrugged. The wings slowly disappeared and the claws also shortened, turning her into a more human creature.

"I'd gladly offer my horse as the lead mount. It is quite strong... And I will enjoy your company. Just let it show Seussal the way to the fortress. It has a good memory." she explained. Her hands appeared on both Stygia's and Ardeadai's shoulders, and her lips twisted into a smile.

What a wonderful encounter!

DaGlobster

Stygia shrugged, as it didn't really matter to her whether the relation was by blood or not. A thoughtful look entered her face, and she grew quiet. "Can demons even have children the way the mortals do?" She pondered out loud, not really expecting an answer. She shook her head, and her horns retreated back into her head, along with the other draconic features. Her dress returned to its vibrant red, and she turned to leave, taking Ardeadai's hand. "Come now, my prince. You simply MUST ride my carriage. It's an experience you won't soon forget." She said, pulling Ardeadai behind her by the hand. As she passed Daerian, she returned her smile with a seductive grin of her own. "As I will yours..." She purred as she tugged Ardeadai behind her. She might have been in human form, but her actions still carried the strength of a full-grown dragon behind them.

She opened the doors to the library, revealing her carriage. Seussal stood by the doors of it, arms crossed. The horses were armored almost as much as Seussal was, and from behind the blinders a blue glow emanated from their eyes. The flesh visible on them seemed to be shirveled, and it stuck to their bones like a tight suit.

Wicked Basket

A wicked grin creeped onto Darkaroth's face. He had everything he needed. He now knew, not only Ardeadai's, but now Kirnardaz's lover as well. It was just too good. Satisfied with what he had discovered, Darkaroth vanished without a word. He got what he came for and more. All that was left to do now was to figure out how to best utilize his newfound knowledge. He would definitely have to pay them all many more visits in the future.

Tak

"Sorry, but no. I need to go back to where I came from, and sadly that isn't here, with you, dear."
Finally he sheathed Shadeburn, and dematerialized without a chance to do anything, very much like he materialized in the first place. He materialized back on the dragon with Kirnadaz

((Ardeadai is now officially out of the thread.))

DaGlobster

Stygia seemed almost surprised when Ardeadai left, and she pouted and made a noise akin to a growl at the formless black mist as it disappeared. She had every right to be upset, seeing as how she was just robbed of what could've been the best carriage-ride in her life. She crossed her arms, and turned to face Daerian, her smile returning. "It's a shame, really. I guess now we'll have the carriage all to ourselves. Whatever shall we do to pass the the time?" She said as she walked over to the carriage. Without needing a command, Seussal extended a hand, which Stygia took to boost herself up into the door, which was wide open. She patted a hand on the area of seat next to her, a twistedly devilish grin on her face. "Tell Seussal where your mount is, my lady, and climb in. I wish to acquaint myself better with you..." She purred, beckoning for Daerian to come forth with a finger. Seussal stood at attention, waiting for Daerian to do something.

Anadwen

Daerian nodded. She whistled to call her own mount, which rushed from behind the corner - a huge black horse, with glowing red eyes and a pair of black wings, folded by its sides. Its skin was stuck onto its bones, and it seemed more like a skeleton, rather than live animal. She let Seussal take care of it and tie it before the carriage, while herself gracefully stepped in.

She sat down beside Stygia. "It is a wonderful carriage, I must admit." she purred. "And it will be a pleasure to accompany you, my lady." Her lips twisted into a smile, and she crossed her white arms on her knees. "Let my mount lead the carriage - it will take us to my fortress."

DaGlobster

"That's what I was thinking as well." Stygia said, adjusting her dress. The inside of the carriage was lavish, almost extremely so. Velvet cushions on the seats, silk curtains to cover the windows if needed, and other amenities. Across from the two women was a small rack, which contained a few bottles of wine. Stygia leaned backwards against the back wall of the carriage, which was also cushioned. "I wish I didn't need this thing, sometimes. If only a dragoness could travel freely from town to town without raising suspicion, I wouldn't have to contain myself." She said, and she dared to softly rest a hand on one of Daerian's legs.

The sound of a whip cracking penetrated the calm atmosphere of the carriage, and it started up. "Seussal, speed it up once we get out of town. Let the big one guide you!" She called out, reaching out with a leg and bumping the front wall of the carriage. The whip cracked once more, and they were now at a moderate speed as they sped towards Uthlyn's exit road. "My name is Stygia, my lady. May I have the pleasure of knowing yours?"