Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Summer Party! [OPEN!! Completely non-canon casual SotE RP]

Started by Nascent, June 25, 2013, 11:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nascent

(OOC: Just a simple casual RP thread for everyone's SotE characters to relax, mingle, and enjoy the delights of summer! See below for the "rules" and details!)

• Just SotE characters please!
  • Setting is a small private beach with a random ice cream truck (modern) and a barbecue area nearby. Feel free to expand it as you like or bring in random beach critters -- it's all cool. 8)
  • This is a casual RP, no place for serious plotting or such. It's also non-canon, so no direct connection to the timeline / events of the main RP. If it helps, think of this as your characters taking a day off and stepping into a parallel universe. With beaches. And ice cream trucks. Yeah.
  • (Semi)Official dress code! Everybody is in swimwear by default (unless you reeeeally want it otherwise, which is okay too. ^_^ )
  • Weapons! Fun in fantasy battles, less so at beach parties! So, by default, everyone's weapons have been replaced with harmless pool noodles. Have fun with that! xD
  • On a related note, try to keep any fighting or magic use light-hearted and fun, eh?
  • MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Enjoy and HAVE FUN!

Salty air. Gulls crying. The sound of the surf lapping at the beach. Kassom very slowly opened his eyes, his senses and memory playing a slow game of tag with the reality around him. It was one of those mornings.

When they finally did match pace and make sense of what was going on, the Feral thief bolted upright. Nothing was as he remembered it. He'd fallen asleep in a small back-alley tuck-away... and now this. Everything was different -- the air, the place, the temperature...

"What the..."

His clothes, too.

"****?!"

He bolted upright, almost tripping on the beach blanket he'd been laying down on and quickly banging his head against the umbrella that had been shading him while he slept, knocking it over. Somehow someone had not only kidnapped him in his sleep and dragged him to a (gorgeous) beach... but he was wearing swimming trunks. He'd never even seen swimming trunks before. And they were sky blue with orange palm trees.

"What... the... f--!!"

"Awake at last, eh m'boy?" Kassom spun around at the familiar voice, seeing Vates -- similarly clad in black shorts and a white shirt -- standing nearby behind a barbecue, merrily grilling away. Kassom could smell something amazing coming from it, but he stayed focused somehow.

"The heck, old man?! Don't tell me this is your doing. What in the flying **** am I doing here, and what is --"

"Now now, calm down." The older Feral assured. "Just think of this as a dream if you like. Or a parallel non-linear existence -- the difference is trivial. Just relax, lad -- everyone else will be arriving in due time. Until then, just enjoy yourself; I have seafood and steak aplenty for everyone. Swim, build a sand castle -- we're not in danger and it's quite comfortable here."

"... You do know I hate the water, right?"

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah had been looking after Methusela, but now they were here, in human form. Methusela was six, and talking! "Uhhh, Methusela, where did you learn to shift?"

"I don't know mummy..." Seh'lvah saw the other man.

"Stay close to mummy sweetheart. We don't know who that man is yet. Never talk to strangers." She stood, and realised she was in swimwear.

"Um, hello, do you know what's going on?" Seh'lvah waved to the man.

Scythe-Nova

-"Nothing is goin on... It's just time to relax"

Said a voice from one of the other beach blankets where Senka lied basking in the sun, her body clad only in her shawl that had wrapped around her making a revealing one piece swimsuit. She were in the process of coating herself with sunscreen as she looked up and the people on the beach with her beautifull pink coloured innocent looking eyes.

-"Hey should we add a courtyard to the castle?"
-"Yeah that would be nice"

It was a pair of voices comming from down at the water next to a large pile of sand that were going to become a sandcastle later, It was Timea and Nanako who simply sat in the sand each of them playing with buckets and sand building the sandcastle. Both of them were clothed in childrens bathing suits with childish prints on, Nanako had a suit that had a cartoonish dragon on it and Timea's suit had bubbles and a large smiley on it.

-"..."

Not far from the two children were Akibi who sat on a beach chair with a large cooler next to him filled with ice and beer bottles. Akibi were clad in bathing trunks with a flame theme and a unbuttoned white shirt and lastly a pair of sunglasses. He were quietly watching over the children to protect them in case anything would happen also he was drinking a beer.

-"Make sure you don't burn the food"

Next to the man at the barbeque stood Marius clad in a blue and red hawaian shirt and a pair of deep blue bathing trunks looking over the old mans cooking skills since he wanted his steak just right. Along with Marius was of course Ignis who was actually inside the barbeque fuelling it with his own fire, Ignis had no bathing clothes but then again he did not need them.

-"Awwww c'mon Lili want's to play"
-"Well you will have to wait my scales are really sensitive to the sunlight"

The next pair of voices were Sajira and Lili who were on a beach blanket shadowed by a really large umbrella, Sajira were in the process of applying sunscreen so that her albino skin and scales would not get burned it was a tedious task. She were clothed with a tight tube top and something that looked like a small skirt, Lili had no clothes mostly cause she did not need them and she had no concept of being naked.

-"Hmmm i've never eaten anything like this before"
-"Me neither"

Said Ikki and Seranth who stood at the ice cream truck eating some soft ice cream, Ikki were clothed in a two piece swimsuit coloured with yellow and white stripes and a large straw hat on top of her head. Seranth only had a pair of black and purple swimming trunks along with a pair of beach sandals.

-"Hey i got some octopus for yah to grill!"

Said Beast in Iron who came up from the water dragging a net with a large octopus in it, She were clothed in a Sarashi to cover her chest and a fundoshi on her lower body. She walked up to vated and dropped down the octopus onto a table next ot the barbeque so that he could prep it for grilling.

[OOC: Sorry for such a massive amount of characters but i just had much creativity to get off my chest XD Listing the colours and their respective owner :3]
[Senka: Red]
[Nanako: Blue]
[Timea: Purple]
[Akibi: Red(He will not be speaking though)]
[Marius: Orange]
[Lili: Teal]
[Sajira: Green]
[Ikki: Brown]
[Seranth: Navy]
[Beast in Iron: Yellow]

Echtronis

Down the beach a good way, a seam of energy tore open out of nothing, stretching and ripping in crackling green lights until a sphere of not-here appeared, outlined by glimpses of a slowly spinning bronze gyro.

"It worked!" screeched from the dry depths of what remained of Dhalekar's throat as his formed slowly appeared in the bubble of other-reality. Standing behind him was the looming mass of his pet ogre, Smiles, groaning in his usual agony, looking regretfully at the bladed hookups his master fitted on the permanent fastenings where the ogre's hands used to be. "To think I only had to push the device so little, it is as if this pocket calls to me, Smiles, it must be our destiny to see what lies in store here!" The spinning gyro slowed to a stop, and the view of them and into Dhalekar's temple was crisp and clear, and the horrid pair stepped through the barrier of the bubble between planes.

It all happened a bit fast, feet upon the sand of the beach, everything seemed so drastically different; the lich's robes dropped down, only hugging his meagerly meated pelvis, the material changing into something strange and thick and soft. His amulet of Celanopteh, had somehow became this string of the most wild exotic flowers Dhalekar had ever seen. The Rod! The Rod of Akagrithi! It had become something unknown to the lich, a long, pole looking object resembling a lance, though instead of the hard business exterior he was familiar with, it was as if a bat made of some sort of fabric had wrapped its wings around the pole. "The rod... Master's rod, that cannot be... Smiles! Something went wrong, we need to get out of here imme-" His magically augmented voice died down in its echoes, as Smiles the Improved Ogre, had already left his side. The brute had raced along the sand to the shoreline, crashing into the water and flailing his arms wildly in the air, slapping the water with bizarre, noodley appendages that had somehow replaced the intricate bladework Dhalekar had spent weeks on to fit to his permanent fastenings.

The lich stared at the oddity of his companion-slave, when he heard the rift close behind him. He rasped real air in his lung cavities in horror and shock before his echoing projected voice returned. "N-No! No!!" He hurriedly moved in what incantations of activation he could conceive in desperate gesture, but without the devices and artifical aids in his temple, he knew all too well that this could only be in vain. "NEEEEEEAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!" he boomed into the beautiful blue skies in agony over the situation.

After a few painful moments of collecting himself, Dhalekar stood tall, looked into his surroundings - there seemed to be sentient beings further along the shore, and called out to Smiles. "It seems destiny has different plans for us, Smiles... No matter, if this is what we have, we shall work a new empire from the sands here if we must! Come smiles!"

Smiles did not hear his lich master, there was only the sun, the waves, and the noodle arms to the happy monstrosity.

zozee9

Gage had just opened his bar, waiting for somebody in when all of a sudden... he was on a beach. He took this all in surprisingly calmly, knowing that if he freaked out, Heather would show up. Looking around, he found a nice looking woman with a little girl. Surely they would know what was going on, or at least where they were.

Gage walked up to her, with a kind smile on his face. That being said, the smile didn't necessarily make him look kind. He did a lip piercing and a badly shaved stubble. Some might consider him attractive in a bad-boy kind of way, but most people just liked to stay away from him in a he-might-rob-me kind of way. Even still, he did his best to look welcoming.

"Do you know where we are?" he asked inquisitively, looking the woman in the eyes. He had always learned that was the polite thing to do. But after he finished speaking, he broke eye contact to look around a little more. It was that moment that he realized everyone was wearing swimsuits. That wasn't strange considering it was a beach, but just to be safe he looked downwards at himself.

His eyes wide, Gage looked back up at the woman and whispered, "Sorry." Then smoke covered his entire body, only to reveal a beautiful girl when it blew away.

Heather took a moment to look around, absorbing the situation. Then she lifted up her arms, completely aware of her lack of shirt but having no care, and screamed, "****! Gage did something ******* good for once! We're on a ****** beach!" Looking at the woman in front of her, then the kid beside her, Heather merely sent a threatening look before walking away.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Brisinger987

Ro'le:tak studied the demon prince in front of her, both of them had ended up here, and now they were in minimalistic clothing. Kirnardaz decided to try the old bat wings trick to stand out. And it worked. He was a winged demon.

The angel and demon saw the huge crowd, and decided to walk towards them.

"Hello there little one." Kirnardaz knelt down beside Methusela, who smiled. Seh'lvah looked slightly worried, whereas Ro'le:tak had heard the woman who was just walking off.

"Hey, watch your language, there are children with in auditory present, stupid cow!" Ro'le:tak shouted to Heather.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar was just waking up from his nap, only to find two things: one, he was on a towel of sorta, and two, he was at a beach. The one place I actually hate going....

He didn't necessarily have any feelings toward the beach itself, it was beautiful. The problem he had was that he couldn't swim, and that he was deathly afraid of the open water. He would, of course, have just pulled something out of his satchel and tinkered with it, but, when he reached for it, he found it was replace by a beach bag. And, when he went to reach for his goggles, he found they'd been replaced with sunglasses. Great.... At a beach, next to open water, with nothing to do....

So, he just sat there, and pondered about the strange dreams he'd been having the last couple of weeks.

zozee9

Heather looked back at the winged demon and scowled at him, unfazed by his appearance. In any other situation, she would have picked a fight. But she was at a beach and was unusually happy, so she let it slide. Looking down at his topless self, she temporarily admired her chestiness before deciding it was time to get a shirt on. Gage got embarrassed too easily and she figured even he needed a break every once in a while.

She walked over to the obvious gryphon and started going through his bag. Not finding what she was looking for, she looked up at him and asked, "Hey, do you have a ******* shirt in here?" It would seem illogical for a gryphon to have a shirt, but she didn't care.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Brisinger987

"DADDY!" Methusela shouted as he ran towards the gryphon for a hug.

Seh';vah on the other hand, was irritated.

"What gives you the right to go through his bag? That's his stuff! You don't just waltz on up to him and root through his possessions!" Seh'lvah was getting angry with this woman. First she had the nerve to give Seh'lvah and baby Methusela the dirtiest evils in the world, then she just roots through Shamgars bag?! Way out of line.

Ro'le:tak and Kirnardaz instead, approached individual people.

"Hello Senka! Fancy seeing you here!" Kirnardaz laughed.

Ro'le:tak approached Lili. "Um, hi there! I'm Ro'le:tak, an angel. What are your names?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamhar gave Methusela his hug. It warmed his mood to see his son and girlfriend. He didn't even bother with the girl looking through his bag. There was nothing there that he needed. Then, something caught his eyes, or someone, rather. Please let my mind be playing tricks on me....

Lydia Ar'landria. The former love of Shamgar's life, and the evil bitch that stole his joy. She walked up to the pair, not even noticing Seh'lvah. She was out for her pound of flesh. And she was determined to get it.

zozee9

Heather pulled her arm out of the bag, her attitude rising. Nobody told her what to do. The only person that could do that was Gage, and even he could only control her so much. But then she saw somebody else walking up—somebody who was clearly on a hunt for blood. She would be much more fun to play with than the annoying old lady.

So Heather pushed her way between the gryphon and the lady. Her face level with the other girl, she asked, "You got a problem around here?" Then she gave the girl a light shove backwards. The look on the girl's face was one that Heather liked... and she wanted to test it out a little.

Scythe-Nova

-"Well if it isn't Kirnadaz, Hello to you too... Say would you mind helping me here?"

Senka said and handed Kirnadaz the bottle of lotion before turning around on the blanket now lying on her stomach, The shawl moved aside so that one would have it easy to apply the suntan lotion onto her back she eyed Kirnadaz with playfull gaze and a wide smile.

-"Ummmm well i-"
-"Hiya! Lilis name is Lili an this is Sajira, Lili does not know what lili is but Sajira is a... a... pu.. puer... pure... blood naga?"

Lili interupted Sajira with great joy in her voice and she looked at Ro'le:tak with a great beaming smile that changed as she spoke to an expression of curiosity and confusion, Sajira looked at Lili who introduced her to the angel and chuckled slightly when Lili got stuck with the words but she waited patienly and nodded at Lili who looked up at her.

-"Hey let's go collect some seashells for decoration"
-"Okay"

Nanako and Timea smiled at eachother before running down to the water and began looking for seashells without even noticing the commotion further down the beach. Akibi kept quiet and simply watched over the children playing around it was in his nature to protect the young from any kind of harm.

-"...Will you keep it down over there!"

Marius said angrily looking towards the women that seemed to be going for eachothers throats, He shook his head before picking up a beachball and throwing it towards the two women hoping on hitting at least one in an attempt to break them up.

-"Am i the only one who thinks that those two should get into a catfight"
-"... Hmmm what?"

Seranth said to Ikki who were very concentrated on figuring out what flavour the ice cream she had was, Ikki snapped out looking at Seranth not remembering what he had asked her. Seranth looked down at Ikki and chuckled from the cute reaction before noticing that the two he had hoped would get into a catfight looked as if they actually were gonna do.

-"Well tell me when yah get that squid done, i want the first bite"

Iron said before walking down to where Akibi were sitting and retrieved a bottle of beer from the ice box and opened it with her hand and then tossing the bottlecap into a bucket next to the ice box before taking a long swig from the bottle of beer.

[Senka: Red]
[Nanako: Blue]
[Timea: Purple]
[Akibi: Red(He will not be speaking though)]
[Marius: Orange]
[Lili: Teal]
[Sajira: Green]
[Ikki: Brown]
[Seranth: Navy]
[Beast in Iron: Yellow]