Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Meeting New Friends (Open)

Started by Brisinger987, June 26, 2013, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz stared at the area before him. It was blessed ground, and he stood on it. His corruptive influence literally killed the ground below him, but the blessing brought it back as soon as he stepped off. He was a demon in a realm of angels. It was strange, how one person, one demon could offset a balance so old and time-worn that it could take a dragon's wrath, but it died when he stepped on the grass.

Here he just had his sword though. His sword, and his natural reflexes, strength and agility. The blessing on this place would not let him use his magic. It would throw him back to the rest of Le'raana, or worse, his own realm. He hated his realm, it was full of chaotic demons, unwilling to follow order, or to try and coexist with what little goodness existed.

Kirnardaz found good deeds and purity fascinating. By simply never having maliciously or selfishly committed an act of sin, someone could stop Kirnardaz touching them. Children, girls mainly, were the worst. Once a woman's baby was stricken by a disease. She came to Kirnardaz to help, but everything Kirnardaz did was deflected by the simple purity of the baby girl.

Some demons were lucky, in that their souls were not dark or tainted enough to be affected. But Kirnardaz was a demon made of manifested corruption. He was, by no means, the only embodiment of corruption, but he was one.

So, he walked on, his armour aflame, the ground beneath his feet dead, waiting to meet a soul willing to interact.

Tak

((I found this. hopefully not too late. >120 days.))

Ardeadai traced his fathers energy signature to what the mortal knew as the 'Meeting Place'. He went up to his father, as if he was going to ask a question. And he was. "Father, we really must discuss the invasion.". while he spoke, the grass beneath the demigod shrivelled into death, but not as much as Kirnadaz's has. "When will we start it? What are our threats? Can I help to prepare? Do know that I will be by your side the whole time, but I do need to know these things.". while he was talking, Ardeadai realized/thought that he was getting a bit carried away.

"Of course you don't have to, father. You have all my apologies if I have offended."
He had rarely talked to his father like this before.

Brisinger987

((OOC: It's ok, I leave all unanswered threads on my notification list, so I can pick them up if someone replies))

"I know you will be by my side, son... I know... But my plans are not yet developed... Such as it is now though, I shall tell..." Kirnardaz continued to walk, accidentally creating a giant, carnivorous weed, before he stepped away and it turned into a sunflower. This realm was in conflict because of his presence, but no rules were broken.

"We will start the invasion when Connlaoth is weakest, when this infernal Civil War is over. We will wait for them to weaken themselves in conflict, generate their sin and corruption, feed my armies into power. Our threat... Is me... Nothing can kill me. Absolutely nothing. So they will just try, and fail. Our other threat is my horde. And the Champions. Khrouse is my main threat, while the others will join the main conflict. You may help prepare. I wish you to catalogue this world, collect one of everything, as trophies. Scout the cities, record their defences, examine their layout. I plan to flood major cities with my horde." Kirnardaz stopped in his tracks, and turned to his son.

"You are also to study Fell. That will be our linkage to this world. The magic residing there will feed our armies, and the already mutated pant life will be our defences when corrupted."

Tak

Ardeadai listened and thought of what his father had said. "Yes, father. I will. I was also thinking that I could cause some more trouble... with permission, of course."

"Over the ocean there are many lands. One of which is Denekynia. They are small, but their technological advancements in their military are the greatest the world has seen. If we pull the right strings, they will fight.  The tensions are already high. Denekynia will fall if a treaty is not met."

"This will weaken the might of our enemy, and the best part is they won't know it is us. But which strings to pull? I have a plot. I will pretend to be an assassin from Connlaoth sent by their rulers and try to assassinate Denekynias king, Tak Denekyn. This will be a failed attempt of an assassination, or so they think."

"Then I will imitate a Denekynian assassin sent from their king and fail at an attempt at Connlaoths ruler. Neither would have actually sent assassins, but neither know that. A war would surely start, and there we have it. Is it good?"

Brisinger987

"Oh, Ardeadai... You forget the most basic idea of our plan..." Kirnardaz smiled, before placing his hand on a weed, which grew to a humoungous size, the bulb at the end becoming a huge maw filled with razor teeth.

"We must give them hope that they can repel us. We must let them believe that they can survive this, prolong the end of the world. Then, when their spirits are high, they believe that they are the gods of this realm... We will crush every last one of them. We will universally break their spirits, driving them into the deepest despair they know. Then it will be all the sweeter to watch them tear themselves apart through hopelessness." Kirnardaz spoke with utter confidence in his plans, like it was already laid out in stone and simply had yet to occur.

"If we fail an assassination, it will appear that the best guards they have will be enough to protect them. We want them to believe that we are truly weak, that even the simplest man and woman can defeat us. Most of the attacks will be rabble, chaotic hordes of the weak. We will reserve our more powerful forces for when the humans believe they are at their strongest."

Tak

Ardeadai listened and thought. "While speaking of Gods, are they not a threat? have we gone through anything to protect us against them? There are rumors that the gods will come and slay us. There are a lot of rumors going around. Gods collecting in numbers and planning against us. You've met gods before ((Defteroi, for example)),  do they stand a chance?" asked Ardeadai with genuine curiosity.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz let out a brief burst of laughter, before realising Ardeadai was serious. "I have plans. I recently found a spell that allows me to consume any soul i defeat. The gods will not be a problem."

EmberWishes

((OOC: Hoping this is okay... my first RP post ever and I'm trying to find a recent thread to jump in to and try :) ))

'You two talk too much, and too loud.' Sapphire had been lying on her back in the thick grass, blending in, as usual. She propped herself up on her elbows, watching them with wary eyes.
'This isn't exactly a private enough place for talk such as yours.' She frowned at the decaying grass a few feet away from her. 'A demon, possibly two,' she muttered. 'Of course. Perfect.' She leaned back into the grass again, closing her eyes, but listening carefully. She wanted to try and meet people, to try and be nice, to try and be... well, not her. But demons was not what she had in mind.