Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Perhaps Another Day... (Caerina, Aetheral)

Started by Brisinger987, July 25, 2013, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"The world lives on a principal, that the strong kill the weak to survive. If they aren't strong enough to defeat you in a fight, they don't deserve to live, and were a burden on the world. It is simple. If an animal is ill, it's group will kill it to function properly. Society cannot function without the weak perishing. It keeps the strong powerful." He smiled at her and made a gesture of friendship.

"I think we got off to a bad start miss Khanna." He held out his hand for her to shake.

Caerina

She shaked his arm, slowly, still not sure is he talking for real or is he trying to break her arm. Seeing that her arm was left unharmed she returned the smile. She understood the concept he explained her. And she was mostly agreeing with it. But, for some reason she felt that this man in front of her could kill much easier than she could. She felt more relaxed but her guard was still up. She shoudn't ever put it down, because the biggest troubles come when you're least expecting them.

"Perhaps we did." she said nodding in approval.

Brisinger987

"Care to go for a drink? I have money from my side job, money I have no desire to have." Torak could at least offer some courtesy, and they were, stood in an alleyway next to a rather nice tavern. They served good drinks in there.

"It's on me, I have no need for money." He smiled at her and beckoned to the exit of the alley.

Caerina

"Okay..." she said.

It was a strange thing how roles change. A minute before that they were almost killing each other, but now they were going to a tavern. And he was paying. Since Khanna was broke for the last few days a drink on him was something she couldn't refuse. Yes, the last few days were hard, there wasn't anyone who needed her expertise and she was slowly becoming so poor that she usually stealed the food from the city market.

Brisinger987

"What would you like? Just an ale?" He sat down at a table, removing his helmet, the eye enchantment fading out. No more glowing red eyes.

"Something soft, stronger?"

Caerina

"I'll take a beer." she said, as she sat at the other side of the table.

She watched, interested at his helmet. It was obvious it was enchanted, but she wanted to know what kind of enchantment was used. It could be the.. Stop it. She said to herself to stop staring in the helmet.

"You don't look like you're from around here." she cocked her head, watching him.

Brisinger987

"I'm not." He got up, going to get drinks.

He ordered the drinks, and brought them to the table.

"I was raised in Connlaoth, never knew my parents, was raised by a retired Mordecai, and he taught me my sword skills, as well as a few private tutors. He taught me how to judge enemies, how to deduce things about foes from even the smallest detail. Like the weapon earlier. Daggers I believe?"

Caerina

"Yes..." she smiled and nodded in approval "My best friends."

She thought that was quite impressive, but she would've never told him that. She took her beer and drunk a little bit, thinking about what he said. She knew so little about his past but he wasn't moved by it. Neither are you, a small voice in her head told her. She didn't quite believe in that.

Brisinger987

"You see, I've never been exactly normal. I learned to teleport when I was 8. I must have been spotted, cause, you see..." He took a sip of his ale and leaned back.

"One day, a group of mordecai and soldiers arrived at our house, and they killed him for harbouring a practicing mage. Then they came for me. 15 fully armed men is a little too much for a 14 year old boy to handle, so I teleported away." He sat with a smile on his face. He had never come to care for the man who had raised him. He didn't even know the guy's name.

Caerina

Her beer was in her arm, and she was sipping it slowly. Her hood was back on, because she would make a target if anyone saw her, and her daggers were safely tugged on ger back.

"And you've been alone since then?" she asked him.

Alone wasn't something that was unknown to Khanna, but it still wasn't pleasant for her. But he seemed perfectly fine with that fact.

Brisinger987

"Just me. And a few voices in my head in some places, haha." He made it out to be a joke, but it was true. He was a psychopath. He didn't form attachments easily, and the only real one had been Jinai. And she had rejected him, and driven him past the point of caring.

"What about you, where are you from?"

Caerina

"I am... Not sure." she bit her lip "I have spent my whole life in servitude. I used to serve a Connlaothian noble family. Hard times. I escaped few months ago, never looked back. They're still searching for me all over." she grinned.

"I always outsmart them, or defeat them." her grin widdened.

Brisinger987

"Connlaothian nobles are the bane of my existence, stuck up, lowlife aristocrats. I once served several on my travels, became a servant for a while to earn some money. I earned the armour by performing an assassination on the man who employed me as a servant. The young lady who hired me then wanted to bed me, as she had not officially inherited the fortune, and wanted to repay me. I was tempted to kill her, but she proved her own strength by mercilessly killing another servant who had seen me and her meet. I let her live." Torak shrugged as if it meant nothing to him, and took another sip of his drink.

Caerina

"You surely do have an interesting history" she said
"Mine was filled with those idiot nobles, their stupid clothes, dancing classes and other even less useful events. But that's what I'm doing now, creating my own history.'' she said with a prideful gleam in her eyes.
"Anyways, how did you end up here?"

Brisinger987

"I suppose it started in Connlaoth, with these idiot nobles. I was hired to protect the Grand Duke's ceremony from other assassins. I believed I was doing my job, and was hunted by the guards while doing my job, chasing a girl I know to be called Jinai. Anyway, after getting bad rep with the guards, I decided not to go back. They believe me to be the man who killed the last Grand Duke, due to my use of explosive bombs. I came to Arca looking for work." Torak sighed, as if remembering a crush.

"I killed the Canis Dirus, then someone else killed the next one, then I killed the third one. One thing led to another, and I got captured by Soot Wolves. Their methods and ability earned them my respect. I sought out to join them, and have been welcomed into their ranks." He took a large sip of ale, and then put the tankard down.

Caerina

She looked at him while he talked. It seems like not much things moved him. Khanna was wondering was he always so cold, or did his experiences made him that way. He obviously didn't have a problem to talk about his past, the deaths, the pain. He behaved like he was speaking about someones' else history not his own. Khanna took another sip of her ale.

"And here I thought that this city was going to be calm.." she murmured with a smirk.

Brisinger987

"Not with the Soot Wolves around. And there's rumour of a serial killer who disfigures his victims, and plays games with unsuspecting happeners upon his scenes." Torak sat back, still trying to figure out who this man was.

Caerina

"Peachy." she said with sarcasm.

She did have the tendency to get into those kinds of cities. But the funny thing is that the last week she spent in this city was the quietest one in her life. Khanna knew it wasn't going to last, she was a real magnet for mass murders, bandit raids and supernatural occurances. Guess the last week was a silence beofre the storm. It was about time...

(ooc: this is happening before the game, okay?)

Brisinger987

"Hmmm, it is rather sickening... The kills are over the top, even for me..." He wasn't smiling over it, this man killed randomly, not selectively, he didn't even try to make money. He just butchered people.

"On a brighter note, a new doctor opened up a clinic a few weeks ago, Victor Herald, he's absolutely amazing at analysing poisons and other such things. If you ever need a poison broken down and looked at, see him." Torak took another sip of his ale. Nearly all gone.

((OOC: That's a clue for later, to go and get the poison from the church analysed, if you think Khanna will remember))

Caerina

She pursed her lips thinking about it.
"I prefer the quiet kills," she shrugged with a frown "You're in and you're out, shadowy and silent"
Khanna had her fair share of killings and assassination. She prefered thefts, but sometimes the killings were a part of the task. That's how she thought about them. Messy but necessary.

"Poison doctor? That does sounds ironic" she said "Perhaps I'll check that one out."
She also had her share of killings with poison. Infiltration, a little bit of a deadly poison, and you're out before anyone suspects anything. On those cases she learned how poisons can be useful. She used them even now, usually on her daggers.

(ooc: she'll remember... eventually.)