Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Perhaps Another Day... (Caerina, Aetheral)

Started by Brisinger987, July 25, 2013, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"He's an odd man, horribly disfigured, but very intelligent. He can concoct an antidote for every non-magical poison you can think of. He's very good." Torak finished off his drink, and placed the tankard on the table.

"I just thought I would tell you. In case you ever need it."

Caerina

"Fascinating." Khanna said with curiosity.
She took another sip of her beer, and then looked up to him.
"So, it seems you know whats happening around the city. Am I right?"

Khanna could definetely use an ally in a new city. Especially allies who know when slavers or others who are after her come to the city.

Brisinger987

"My job is to look and listen to everything going on in the city, I am an information node. I feed back to my superiors on things from the black market to when suspicious or unusual people come into the city." He stated his job honestly to her. She wasn't that bad.

Caerina

"Well then, I would like to offer you an alliance, of a sort." she said with a smirk "I just need any information about the slavers, if they ever visit the city..."

She was getting tired of her hood, tired of the fact that she always needed to hide and stinky dark alleys. That is why she decided to make this risky move and propose him an alliance.

Brisinger987

"An alliance? What's in it for me?" He was interested, but not stupid.

"What can you offer me?"

Caerina

She took her time and took the last sip of her beer. She looked at him and smiled.
"Depends... What do you want?"  she asked him.

Brisinger987

"How much would you give to get away from these slavers? They will go to most means to get you back. You are a very valuable investment to them. Unfortunately I'm a good ally. As it were, I'm a better investment. I will kill them for you if you need me to." He couldn't think of what it was he needed, or wanted.

Caerina

"I would pay any price to get rid of them." she thought about it "But if you kill the first dozen, next time they return doubled... That is how I ended up in this situation. I usually don't run from fights, but right now there is a whole bunch of people investigating and searching for me."

Khanna was never a coward and she never would run if there was even a slightest chance of winning. But the numbers were against her.

"Anyway, the only thing I can hope for, is that after I kill enough of them, they will decide that I'm not worth so many men, and leave me alone. But I doubt that would be anytime soon." she sighed.

Brisinger987

"They haven't face someone who can teleport. I can." He smirked and offered his hand in partnership. She could owe him a favour later.

"You can owe me a favour later."

Caerina

Owing favours wasn't something Khanna liked much. But it seems like it happened very often since she escaped. She slowly nodded, and shaked his hand.

"Okay.. Whenever you need me, I'll be ready to return it." she said "But don't betray me, or try to deceive me, because even if I am a woman I am one hell of a warrior." the look in her eyes was serious but her lips were smirking. She was too strong and prideful to allow anyone to play games with her.

Brisinger987

"I may be an assassin, but I keep to my word. Always. It's my own honour and strength at stake." He toyed with a coin, wondering if he wanted to get another ale.

Caerina

"Good," she said "I would hate to have to kill you." she made a joke.

She knew that her chances with defeating him in a head-to-head battle were slim at best. He was an assassin with a long history of killings and she was just an ex-slave with some talent and wit that stole apples on the market when she didn't have money. She bit her lip, absentmindedly, and looked at him playing with a coin.

"Do you like being an assassin?" she asked before she could stop herself.

Brisinger987

"Yes." He answered bluntly.

"Why do you ask?"

Caerina

She shaked her head.

"No particular reason... But most assassins I've met didn't like their jobs. They just did them because they had no other choice. You're a lot different then them."  she said, thinking.

Brisinger987

"Honestly, I enjoy killing. It has and always will be my talent. But if you're good at something never do it for free." Torak spoke coldly with a smile.

"But I do not condone murder. Killing is an art, to be practiced when needed or suitable. Butchery of random humans is not good. To kill is to perform life's greatest function. It is to demonstrate oneself strength, your power."

Caerina

"I do nothing for free... I'm a bit of a gold digger." she smiled, thinking through what he said.
"The goal of every life is death, right? It isn't right or wrong, it just is."

This sounded very dark for Khanna, even if it was the truth. She never had problems killing, but she didn't have any satisfaction from it either. Khanna prefered outsmarting people, defeating them by their own rules. That is when she felt most powerful, looking in the eyes of the loser and knowing that she won.

Brisinger987

"Exactly, and our task is to weed out the strong, to make a better world. The weak have no place in society, and are only alive because people feel pity. Pity is not a strong characteristic. Strength comes from many sources, not just a brute. A brute can be weaker than a dwarf."

"Strength is born of will. Those who command must have strength. A cripple who can devise clever tactics is not weak. An assassin is not weak because they command fear. Fear is one of the strongest symptoms of strength, but so is respect. I respect the Soot Wolves."

Caerina

"That is a wonderfull ideology, but unfortunately things usually don't work that way in the real world...You've seen that noble woman, she had power, status, money, everything she could wish for and yet she was weak. Too weak to even collect her things the way she should." she smiled, putting an emerald that she stole on the table.

"She had no will to defend herself, she just waited for you to rob her or even kill her. She didn't think, even with all her expensive education, she couldn't think of any plan to escape you. All she could do is helplessly scream for help. Lucky her I was passing through." she smirked, looking at the jewel.

Brisinger987

"But you took pity on her. Why? If you agree with that, why didn't you let me finish taking things she didn't need? What use are material pleasantries? They mean nothing. Legacy is everything. It is better to leave an everlasting mark than to spend life seeking trivial pursuits."

He nodded to the helmet.

"This armour, and the name attached to the armour will be my legacy. Once it was a material item. Now it is my legacy. My name will forever be attached to this armour. It is my defining feature."

Caerina

"I was bored. I have little interest in saving nobles, but I needed something exciting to get my adrenaline pumping. Because, this city was killing me with it's quietness." she told him sincerely "You like killing people and I like tempting my fate, risking my life and excitement." she shrugged.

"My legacy is still just a blank paper.. Not for long, hopefully." she smiled.