Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bloodthirsty (Paradox)

Started by zozee9, July 27, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

After day became night, Fiara climbed out of her 'house'. She was antsy and hungry and could smell food. She lifted her nose into the air, closed her eyes, and sniffed a little bit. Then she started heading towards the smell. The smell was pretty strong, meaning somebody was really close or they were oozing juice.

An outline of a person appeared and Fiara got excited. The person was standing, meaning they weren't sleeping. Sleeping people weren't much fun, even when they did feed her. After all, they couldn't talk or move or perform magic. Magic was the best.

But the person became much taller and the distance between them much bigger as Fiara shrunk. Her magic (though she didn't know it was magic) had acted up and turned her, well, two. Two was not a very good age to be in the middle of Fell.

She had the looks and the mindset of a two year old. Her curly black hair had shortened so it only went to her ears and her face gained even more baby fat. She was naked, though the ribbon that used to be in her hair was now in her hand. Her black dress was wrinkled on top of her, now just abundant fabric. And with nothing else to do, she started wailing. And wailing. And wailing. After all, Fiara was two.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

Stepping cautiously over the scattered remains of a long since decayed creature, a young woman clad in animal furs and hides tread cautiously over the tainted earth with purpose. With a great longbow crafted from dragon bones gripped tightly in hand and held forth before her ,and her long and muscular legs carrying her forward with such powerful and graceful , she did not bear the appearance of easy prey. No, in fact, she moved with a lethal and calculated gait of a hunter , her movements comparable with a hunting cat.

Sorcha was ever the cautious hunter. Always alert for any sign of danger but this strange, twisted new land that she had come to had somehow heightened her awareness as well her paranoia. She shivered though it was not for any reason of being chilled that she did so.

In the farthest recesses of her mind, Sorcha deeply regretted coming here. From the moment she'd set foot on this twisted, decaying soil , she'd felt every individual hair on the back of her neck tingling. Everything about this place seemed to scream to her , 'Malevolent spirits!' . A sane person would have had the sense to turn around and go back the way that they'd come from,  but not Sorcha Jordis.  Altiuiri'Rygat was here now and for that very reason alone, she could not leave as her instincts desired.

She'd tracked the foul servant of her nemesis to these tainted grounds , to the Fell, to seek something very specific from the foul beast. He held a crucial piece to the puzzle and obtaining it from him would bring her one step closer to her goal. And for that, she was willing to brave whatever danger. Yes, even the Fell itself.

Fortunately for her, she'd managed to evade most of the hostile wildlife here. She'd slain a grossly mutated creature that - well, she had NO idea what it was supposed to be and fairly sure that it wasn't natural. She'd never seen an elk with three heads and razor sharp fangs before and she was fairly sure that elk did not naturally possess  serpent scales or hawk's wings . And ...if she knew what a scorpion was, she wouldn't have been quite so bewildered by it's stinging tail either! By the Great Spirits, this place was one of the most bizarre she'd ever had the displeasure of venturing to!

Unfortunately, such strangeness was not to end there either. For as she stepped into a rocky clearing, her eyes settled on the most peculiar sight. She drew nearer , perhaps foolishly so , and looked down at a small fleshy being that flailed and wailed , nestled in a bed of silken black cloth. "A...child? " The huntress frowned and looked around. What was she doing here alone and out here of all places? "Spirits, this cannot be a good sign."  She had a bad feeling about this. This was highly unusual. Who would be STUPID enough to bring a small child HERE? Where were the parents or guardian of this stranded babe?

She looked around for any signs of an adult , "Hello? Is anyone there? You seem to have forgotten you child. " 

She waited, her eyes searching the gloom desperately. But no one answered and no one approached. All was still save for the crying babe.

The huntress looked down again at the child and sighed , heavily. "A cruel game the Spirits do play. " She shouldered her bow and bent low to scoop up the child and as she did so, she pulled up the cloth and wrapped the naked babe in it. She cradled the two-year-old in her strong arms as gently as someone of her experience could but she was certainly no mother and she felt awkward now. She'd never encountered this sort of situation before and she was at a loss of what to do.

"What are you doing here, little one?" Sorcha inquired  , not expecting the babe to respond, but merely talking to Fiara gently while mentally trying to sort out how she was going to proceed from here. She had a mission and she wasn't going to let some stranded child lead her off course. At the same time, there was NO way she could possibly drag a vulnerable being into harm's way.

She couldn't abandon the child either. She wasn't that cruel or selfish.

"The Spirits are cruel , indeed." She sighed.

ooc: Oh I see how it is. Lure her with innocent child then BITE her when she's not suspecting it. You're so sneaky, Miss!

Meh. Not as good as I wanted it to be but at this late hour the brain just takes a dive ....>>;

At least I've posted! YAY!

zozee9

Little Fiara saw through her tears as the woman approached. She wondered who it might be but was more focused on her hunger than anything else. The bow and obvious strength of the woman did nothing to scare her, for she hardly knew what fear even was.

The woman started calling out, but Fiara kept crying. She could understand most of the words and would have been able to reply well enough if she wanted to. But she didn't. She wanted food.

However, when she was picked up, her thoughts of hunger temporarily disappeared. Her toddler brain was at home in the woman's arms. Her crying died down as she looked up at the woman. She had pretty eyes and pretty red hair. Fiara then reached for the latter with her right hand and, if she got ahold of it, would pull on it. Her left hand was still grasping her red bow.

Now content for the time being, Fiara let out a cute little laugh before replying, "My home ish here!" Her eyes widened. "Reawy faw away!" The problem with turning two in the middle of a walk was that it took a whole lot longer to return. Her six year old steps were short enough, but her two year old steps barely covered any distance. Even though she was so young currently, her mind still grasped this idea.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

Sorcha gasped, nearly dropping Fiara the moment the child spoke. It wasn't the fact that the young one could speak that alarmed her so much as how well she did speak for a child so seemingly young.  She had such limited experience with children though and couldn't discern that something may have been terribly wrong here. No, perhaps, she thought, that this babe was fairly intelligent.

The most alarming thing of all though was what the child had said. Sorcha stared down at Fiara , her expression one of disbelief, "Y-you live here, little one? " Was this child AWARE of where she was? Probably not. No one lived HERE except for..., well, humans couldn't live here unless they were insane. Maybe her parents WERE mad. "Er...okay..." The barbarian woman replied slowly and lifted her gaze from Fiara, casting it out into the gloom and still searching for a parent or parents that would never come.

"I suppose I can take you home to your parents.  Can you show me where you live ? Do you understand what I say?"  She was trying to make her words as simple as she knew how, hoping that the little one would comprehend them.

zozee9

With a wide—but closed—smile, Fiara replied, "Yesh!" Then she pointed north, the direction she had come from. "Ish over shere!" The word parents seemed welcoming and loving to Fiara, but she couldn't figure out why that would be. She remembered that she used to have a mom, but didn't have any memories with her.

Being the talkative child she was, Fiara kept talking. "My name ish Fiara. What ish yoursh? Your haiw ish pwetty." Her stomach rumbled and she remembered her hunger. "I'm hungwy! I wanna eat!" But she didn't bite the woman holding her. As a two year old, she wanted to be fed. Not to feed herself.

Tears started to form on the brim of Fiara's eyes, but none slid down her face. She was a picky and impatient kid. And she was getting very hungry... though she didn't need to eat much.

Paradox

Sorcha glanced skeptically in the direction that Fiara pointed, "Hm. I don't really see anything in that direction, but I was headed that way anyway, " she paused for a moment, then with a slight frown she continued, " I suppose I could take you with me for a bit. I just hope you're right about this. I cannot take you with me where I'm going,"she resumed walking , even more cautious now than before because she THOUGHT she was carrying a vulnerable child in her arms through a land that she perceived to be full of tainted spirits.

The child spoke again, asking for her name now. The warrior smirked, clearly amused, "My , aren't you a talkative one? Fiara, is it? I am Sorcha."  She felt the brittle bones of some small creature crunch under her boot and looked down. There were so many bones here! She hoped there wasn't a dangerous predator nearby. Knowing her luck though, there probably was. She heard Fiara commenting on her hair and smiled, " Thank you, little one. My mother had hair just like this, but her hair was much longer and far more beautiful. It was the envy of the Clans. "

She ignored the child's protests for a moment as she continued to walk forward, her eyes searching in all directions for signs of some sort of domestic structure. In the distance, she could barely make out a large, lone shadow in the gloom that could have been a hut or...something else.

She started to point that way and inquire about it when she heard swift padding steps approaching from her left. Sorcha turned around, facing a rocky outcropping and looked up in time to see something leap high over her head. It looked sort of like one of the wolves she'd hunted on the tundra, but it was significantly larger and had three tails two heads and mangy, greenish-yellow fur.

The strange beast landed close by on the right side of her and she turned quickly to face it. Its heads snapped up to glare at her and it growled, great pools of saliva dripping from their twin maws;their yellow eyes glowing with craving. For flesh, obviously!

Sorcha noted how the beast lowered its body to the ashen soil , muscles tensing and her muscles went rigid as well. She waited, watching it cautiously and hugging Fiara close, her strong arms shielding the child from danger. The creature gave an impatient bark and sprang for her, twin jaws snapping for her throat. Sorcha spun away, evading the assault narrowly and kicking the monster in the ribs as it passed by.

Wasting not a moment to witness the damage she'd done, she ran like the wind, moving as fast as her legs would carry her towards the unknown shadow that may or may not have been Fiara's home!
   Ooc: lol. Oh noes!

Feel free to a) control the scary wolf monster thingy b) determine what that anonymous shadow is!  c) surprise me!   

If you need me to change something , let me know. Don't fret about making a short reaction post if that's all your character can do. I'm just pausing here in case you might wish to do something!

zozee9

Ooc: I didn't really explain it in this thread, but Fiara's house is basically a room in the ground. You get in and out through a hole. She uses it to avoid sunlight  :)

Ic:

"Sorcha!" Fiara repeated, smiling. This time it was an open smile with her two little fangs showing... they were her only teeth that had grown in yet. But by the time Sorcha saw her, Fiara's mouth was closed again.

Her hunger grew and Fiara was thinking about biting her carrier. With her small mouth, she knew she'd have to bite fingers or something about the same size. In fact, she was about to do just that when she noticed a animal atop the rocks.

Pointing, Fiara giggled and said, "Floowi!" It was her name for those creatures. In fact, she had named all the beasts she had met in Fell... which was a lot of them. If she was her normal size, she would have no troubles taking down a beast like that. Well, taming it at least. While most of the creatures she had tamed wouldn't listen to her or do what she wanted, almost none of them 'played' her anymore. It was like she was another respected beast of Fell.

Whether or not this was one of those tamed creatures Fiara didn't know. All Floowi's looked the same to her. And even if it was, it was likely that it would 'play' with Sorcha until she slept and then just leave Fiara alone.

Fiara watched as the beast got farther away, and she started to pout. Pointing back at the creature, she said, "Food!" Just because she tamed the creatures didn't mean she still didn't drink their red juice. But her pout turned into a smile as the Floowi got back up and starting running towards them, quickly gaining speed.

Paradox

"Floowi?" Sorcha glanced back over her shoulder and swore an oath. The monster hadn't been stunned for long and now it was making a mad dash after her. Its six legs pumped furiously and it was gaining on her with a frighteningly unnatural speed. Sorcha tried changing direction, turning sharply and running to the left. The creature was hardly deterred though and followed her every move, closing the distance rapidly.

'Food!' Fiara cried and Sorcha found herself nodding. Yes, if she didn't do something soon they both WOULD become a meal.

She'd have to take a risk and set the child down so that she could fight the creature , but where? They were out in the open. There really was no suitable spot-

She felt two hot and sticky somethings wrapping tightly around each of her ankles. Before she could look over her shoulder again to see what those somethings were she was yanked backwards quite forcefully, causing her to lose her balance as well as her grip on Fiara.

She felt to the dead earth and was dragged along painfully over rock and bone towards the waiting mouths of the 'Floowi'. The saliva burned her skin, numbed her legs , causing some sort of mild paralysis. Sorcha unsheathed a hunting dagger from a sheath on he back just above the waist and with a mighty warcry, she slashed at the tongues that had entangled her legs, severing them in a spray of blood.

The beast snarled and drew its injured tongues back quickly into its mouths and sprang at Sorcha who, due to the numbness in her legs, couldn't get away quick enough to avoid its next attack. The monster landed on top of her heavily, knocking her to the ground with its enormous paws pinning her shoulders down . It lowered its heads and opened its mouths, seeking to tear her throat open.

Sorcha was fortunate that the creature wasn't terribly bright or she probably would have been dead. She brought the dagger up fast, plunging the blade deep into the monsters chest and twisting it as hard as she could, tearing open its flesh. Floowi shuddered and collapsed on over the barbarian, bleeding on her in death.   

Ooc:
Ah. Alright. Thanks for the clarification. Anyway...
Sorry for the short post. This is my last one for the night. Going to bed. ;D

zozee9

Ooc: Yeah, so short. So much shorter than all of mine... that's like the size of two of mine combined.  :P

_____

Ic:

Fiara laughed as she flew in the air, bouncing up once a little when she hit the ground. If she was a normal two year old, there would have at least been some bad bruises. But her supernatural strength and regenerative abilities made it so she was without a scratch.

She watched as Sorcha and the Floowi played, wishing she could join in. By the time she realized she could, the Floowi was already asleep. Her disappointment at this fact wasn't large, however, because it was oozing food!

So Fiara waddled up to the creature and pushed it for a second. It didn't move. Not even her super vampiric strength could make her two year old strong enough to push that massive beast. After it didn't move, Fiara stopped pushing it and instead climbed onto Socha. Then she sat down on her chest (nice cushion?). While she would have preferred drinking from the monster's chest, that wasn't an option. So instead, she pried one of the monster's mouths back open and pulled on its stub of a tongue as much as she could. Learning that it wasn't long enough to come outside of the mouth, Fiara instead stuck her head into its mouth.

Opening her own mouth, Fiara bit the tongue and drank the liquid from it. Assuming Sorcha didn't pull out her head or stop her somehow, Fiara would be done feeding in less than a minute. While a two year old vampire might not to drink much, it was also a slower process to drink anything.

Paradox

Ooc: lol.  That's gross, dudette.
Okay. THIS post will be significantly shorter than the last. xD

Ic:

She was surprised to see the child was up and waddling about without so much as a scratch or lump to show for fall.  Her surprise only grew as Fiara clambered atop her and proceeded to stick her head INSIDE the monster's mouth. Her eyes flew open wide and she cried out in alarm,  "Little one? No!"

Naturally, she was still under the impression that Fiara was just a NORMAL human child. Had she known better, she might have been fearing for HERSELF rather than what she presumed to be her tiny charge. Finding her strength, she gave the mightiest shove that her weaker mortal shell could muster and managed to push the dead creature rolling off her.

She sat up and leaned forward, reaching toward the Floowi's mouth. He hand caught the child by the foot and she pulled the feeding child out of dead beast's mouth, " That's no place to ex-" Her words caught in her throat when her eyes caught sight of the blood staining Fiara's lips and dribbling down her chin. "Great spirits!" She gasped and nearly dropped the child, " You poor thing! You're starving! When we find your home, I am going to have a LONG talk with your parents or caretaker!"

She still had no clue what she was dealing with. 

ooc: By the way, I added you on DA. x3 (I'm Jethrayne )

zozee9

Fiara giggled when she and the Floowi were rolled over, spitting out a little juice. But she kept drinking anyway. She kicked around a little bit when a hand grabbed her foot and started flailing all over the place when she was dragged out of the beast's mouth, but luckily didn't hit Sorcha.

When Sorcha started talking again Fiara stopped moving. If she had blood in her, surely blood would have been rushing to her head at this time. Upside down and hanging by a foot, Fiara would normally have giggled... but she was currently too upset over her loss of food.

Ignoring what Sorcha said, Fiara merely furrowed her brows, pointed back at the beast's mouth, and stated, "Food!" The black cloth that was barely wrapped around her body started to fall down until it eventually covered all of Fiara's head and not much of her body. With the cloth covering her mouth and acting kind of like a mute, Fiara repeated, "Food!"

After a few seconds of silence, Fiara added in, "That ish food!" She realized that maybe Sorcha didn't understand what she was trying to say before. "My food!"

_____

Ooc: Yayyyyy thnxies! <3

Paradox

It was only when the child proceeded to squirm that Sorcha realized her error. She'd never seen the women in her village holding children upside-down. There was probably a good reason for that so she immediately corrected herself, turning the child in her hands so the poor child was held upright. She noted the black cloth was slipping from the girl and fixed that to the best of her ability , frowning upon hearing the child refer to the 'Floowi' as food. She chose to ignore the girl for a moment and set her down on the ground.

Part of her wondered and was concerned whether it was actually dead or not. Some of the creatures here were clever and feigned death after being shot in what she presumed to be vital places only to rise up once more and try to devour her.  She went over to the beast and drew her bow. She shot it between the eyes and then , with dagger held ready in her hand , she kicked it a couple times. The Floowi didn't twitch a single muscle. It remained where it was.

She turned to regard her small charge, " You eat these things? It doesn't seem wise, " She wore an expression of slight revulsion and not because the child ate flesh or drank the lifeblood but because this thing was...not natural. Who knew what sort of diseases it carried? Was the child infected too? Yes, perhaps she was. In fact, everything here was tainted and if the girl lived here...it was a strong possibility that she was too.

Poor thing.

zozee9

When Fiara was set back on the ground, she was tempted to immediately go back to feeding. But then Sorcha started moving, and Fiara's curiosity set in. The beast was shot between the eyes and her food came dribbling out, causing the strength of the delicious smell to heighten.

The desire to eat overcame her curiosity and Fiara ran over to the Floowi. She ignored Sorcha and instead pulled the arrow out of the beast, causing juice to spurt onto her face. Tossing the arrow backwards (which travelled ten feet before lodging itself into the ground), Fiara licked the red liquid of her lips before opening her mouth as wide as it would go and sinking her teeth into the Floowi's wound.

Because the blood was flowing more freely than it had been coming from the tongue, Fiara knew it wouldn't take as long to eat. Plus, she was already about halfway full from before. She closed her eyes, enjoying every little bit of her juice.

Paradox

There was something incredibly off about this child. It wasn't until she witnessed the arrow being yanked out from betwixt the monster's eyes that it dawned on Sorcha that this child was not normal. No toddler should have possessed this kind of strength. Was Fiara even human? She seemed a little too well-spoken for a normal human child. There were, of course , always exceptions to the rules but she honestly doubted that any intelligent child would have parents so fool enough to bring a child or raise it in the Fell.

Her eyes briefly watched Fiara feed on the Floowi , but her attention quickly shifted to elsewhere. She'd just killed something and she had no doubt that another Floowi would show up ,drawn to the enticing stench of death. If not a Floowi, then something else. Her gaze swept around and she saw nothing , but then her eyes settled on the mountains in the north, her destination.

How long had Fiara been eating now? Her appetite was quite voracious, wasn't it? "Are you done yet, little one? " She tried not to sound impatient, but she would have liked to be on her way. That dragon wasn't going to wait around for her to kill it!

zozee9

Fiara kept drinking until Sorcha spoke. Then, realizing that she was actually full, she opened her jaw and stopped drinking from the Floowi. Turning towards her companion, with blood dripping down her chin, Fiara smiled. A full, fang showing, smile.

Then, suddenly closing her mouth and her eyes, she lifted her nose into the air. "Balmi!" she shouted, pointing west. "There are Balmi are coming!" Balmi weren't nearly as frightening as the Floowi, and about a third of the side. They had six lion legs and two cougar tails with the mouth of a fox. They were quicker, perhaps, than the Floowi, but not quite as powerful. However, in Fiara's opinion, they did taste better. Sadly, she was full.

Paradox

Sorcha stared at the child quizzically, "What?" Balmi? What was the child babbling about now? She looked in the direction the peculiar little girl was pointing and her eyes opened as wide as one's eyes were capable of, "Great Spirits!" She gasped.

Now it was certainly apparent that either this child had some manner spiritual power OR she was a creature of inhuman capabilities. There was NO conceivable way that a mere child could possess better senses than an experienced hunter such as herself. She would have questioned the child directly about her nature then for fear that she may have been dealing with a trickster spirit, but the Balmi were coming. More mutated creatures and predators by the look of them!

Would the spirits never give her a break!?

The barbarian woman ran over to Fiara and hesitated for a moment, considering what she ought to do. Take the strange child with her or leave it to fend for itself? Had it not worn the guise of a child, the answer would have been obvious but the look of innocence that Fiara wore suckered her into grabbing her up, wrapping her in the black cloth again and running...like the wind!

"I still have NO idea where your house is!" Sorcha gasped between hurried breaths as she sprinted towards the mountains. She glanced back over her shoulders. Those Balmis were getting closer too quickly for comfort! Why did she bother? They were going to catch up! All three of them! 

ooc: If you'd like me to add more, let me know! Also , I know this goes without saying but feel free to control the Balmis! All I ask is that you allow me to determine whether my character gets her butt whooped or not. (lol)

zozee9

Sorcha may not have known it, but she was quite lucky for having picked up Fiara. The Balmis kept chasing them, quickly gaining speed. During this time, Fiara was trying to see over Sorcha's shoulder. She loved playing games with the creatures of Fell, but they weren't much fun when she couldn't see the monsters chasing her.

The beasts were just a few feet away from them when Fiara managed to pop her head over Sorcha's shoulder. Then, suddenly, two of them skidded to a stop. The third one, confused, quickly turned around to stay with its companions. Fiara, frowning, pointed at the beasts and complained, "They stopped playing!"

Balmis might have a worse sense of smell than the Floowis did, but their eyesight was much better. And they were also much more skittish, not wanting to take on a battle they thought they'd lose. While the two Balmi may not have realized Fiara was who she was based on her smell, they immediately recognized even her two year old self once they saw her.

These two Balmi were creatures that had been 'tamed' by Fiara in the past. She had drained some of their juice (and possibly broken a bone or two of theirs) and they now feared her. They weren't smart enough creatures to realize that she was currently weaker than she was at that time. So the three Balmi, two scared and one confused, just stayed where they were, watching Sorcha and Fiara with intense eyes.

Paradox

"That's nice, little one, but they're not playing with us. They're trying to kill us . That's what predators do . Kill the prey and eat their flesh." Sorcha was not going to stop for the world. Even if the 'Balmis' stopped chasing her, she was not dumb enough to stick around and give them some incentive. She was going to put as much distance between them and herself as was humanely possible!

Out of curiosity however, she did look back over her shoulder and note that the trio had stopped dead in her tracks. "Ah...that cannot be a good sign." They sensed something she did not. She didn't like that. It made her very uncomfortable. She was still running until an enormous shadow passed above and an ear-shattering roar shook the sky.

Sorcha fought her instincts to drop the child and cover her ears. Split seconds later the earth in front of her was torched by a tremendous breath of flames. The barbarian woman halted abruptly, just a few feet shy of the surprise inferno. She looked up , but the shadow had vanished and she only caught a glimpse of a spiny grey tail vanishing into a thick cover of ashen clouds.

"I knew it was here." The woman growled. 

zozee9

Fiara heard Sorcha's words but decided to ignore them. She had heard enough crazy people speak about stuff like that, but it didn't make sense. After all, she still didn't understand the concept of death.

As Sorcha kept running away from the Balmis, she prepared to start crying. If she cried, maybe her carrier would let her return to her friends. And then they would play more. But just as she started to get tears in her eyes, she heard the roar.

Fiara's eyes dried and she started trembling. Partly out of excitement, partly out of fear. The Yakoumantia that was flying above them was a special creature. It was one of the few things in Fell that she rarely saw and the only one that had no twins. It also breathed fire, something that Fiara quickly learned was not a good thing to walk into. She had also never touched it.

Her smile big and eyes wide, Fiara exclaimed, "Follow!" She was still shaking, even more so now that she saw how close they were to the flames that came out of the beast's mouth. Even though it flew away, the fire was hot enough that the dirt ground was still aflame, though the fire was quickly dying out. Deciding that it would be a good time to elaborate, she added, "Follow the Yakoumantia!" Then, scrunching her eyebrows together, she pointed to the fire and warned, "Don't touch that."

Paradox

ooc: "It also breathed fire, something that Fiara quickly learned was not a good thing to walk into." the most hilarious part of your post. lol.

ic:

Yakoumantia? Was that some sort of word for dragon? Sorcha regarded the child and then glanced at the fire, "Yes. It is unwise to play with fire. " She frowned and looked up at the sky again, "Do you know where this... Yakoumantia lives?" She didn't expect a child to know, but she was starting to wonder now if she was actually carrying a child now. Perhaps there was a chance that she did. Especially if she lived in the Fell.

"More importantly than that, where are the adults who take care of you?" Were there any ? Or was this...'child' alone? Was it even a child? Was it even human? She wasn't so sure anymore. Maybe it would be wise of her to just leave Fiara here and be on her way?