Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bloodthirsty (Paradox)

Started by zozee9, July 27, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

OOC: Thnxies! Haha I figured Fiara wouldn't know better...

IC:

Fiara decided not to heed her own advice. The fire was just so beautiful and special that she couldn't help herself. So, with a wide smile on her face, Fiara stuck her hand into the fire. It hurt but she kept it there anyway. It was one of the few things that gave her a lasting sense of pain.

After tears started to well up in her eyes (but the smile was still on her face), Fiara took her hand out of the fire. It was covered in severe burns. Looking up at Sorcha, she explained, "My papa died befoe I wash bone. That's what my mama shaid, at leash." She thought about this for a second before adding, "I don't have a mama." Why did she think her mom told her about her dad? She didn't have parents, and never had.

Shrugging, Fiara returned her gaze back to her hand. It was already mostly healed. She was debating whether or not to stick it in the fire again, but then she noticed the fire had completely burned out. Pointing towards the mountains, Fiara shouted, "Yakoumantia! Moe fire and playing!"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

"Fiara! " Sorcha hastily backed away from the flames, though not before the foolish child could touch them. "Let me see your hand," she was surprised the child wasn't screaming in pain or crying. She examined the burns, " This is why you never touch fire! It's dangerous and it can kill you ." She scolded , even though she wasn't sure if this was true now in Fiara's case or not. Fiara wasn't a normal human child if she was even human at all.

She frowned, "So there is no one to look after you?" She presumed that the parents were dead ? Out in the Fell, this was very well likely, she imagined. "That's ..." She refrained from saying 'inconvenient' even if THAT was the truth . Not that Sorcha didn't feel any sympathy for the child. She, herself, had only lost one parent.

"No. We do not PLAY with dragons. Anyway,we need to take care of that hand first. I have something in my medicine bag that will help-" Now her eyes grew wide as she watched the child's hand heal by itself before her eyes. "What...are...you?" She narrowed her eyes now and frowned, "You are not human." Human children, not even mages could do such things THIS young. 

zozee9

Fiara nodded at Sorcha's question, a smile still on her face. She didn't feel sad about the fact. It had always been that way, so she didn't know any better. But when hearing the part about dragons, the smile disappeared and Fiara stubbornly said, "Play with dragons! Play with Yakoumantia!" She still remembered what normal creatures were called, so she knew what Sorcha meant by dragon. Yakoumantia was just her name for that particular dragon.

Processing Sorcha's statement about her not being human, Fiara temporarily got quiet. She had to think about this. Then she explained, "I'm human." She remembered that much from before. "But... I'm alsho a," just as Fiara was about to say 'vampire', her magic started to run wild again.

She quickly starting growing back to her normal, six-year old size. Her hair got longer and she lost some of her baby fat. Finishing her sentence, Fiara said, "Vampire!" She smiled a full tooth smile again, now showing off bigger fangs as well as the rest of her teeth. Immediately after doing this, she grabbed her black dress and put it on before tying the red cloth that she had been holding the entire time around her head.

"Or at least that's what someone shouted at me once." This was after said person found her drinking their friend's blood. "So I guess they might be false. After all, not everything people tell you is true!" People told her a lot of weird things. Things like death and life and other illogical things.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

"I've never heard of such a thing before," Sorcha was strangely very calm as she took in the child's fangs and her seemingly magical alteration in size. Ignorant , Sorcha assumed that she must have been dealing with a trickster spirit which meant she needed to calm, neutral. If her mood shifted to an extreme, the spirit would toy with it and there was no telling what sort of trouble it would cause her here. However, she would humor it by pretending to believe what it said.

"But there are many things I do not know, "she admitted, something she'd never have done if her father were present, " the spirits seem to have given you some...unique abilities.I wonder for what purpose?" It was curious, but she chose not to dwell on this for very long. She knew that no answers would present themselves immediately if ever at all. What the spirits intended for Fiara was not her concern. This was for Fiara to figure out.

She gestured to the mountain, " I don't play with dragons. I kill them, but this one knows something important and I will try to persuade him to tell me. With pain, of course."

ooc: Sorry for the delay. I'll try to be a bit quicker to reply next time!

zozee9

Ooc: Totally fine! As I always say, take as long as you need.

Ic:

Fiara flashed a wide smile at Sorcha and exclaimed, "I know everything!" After all, what six year old didn't? She followed her eyes up Sorcha's gesture and to the mountains while spending a moment in silence. Then, returning her gaze to her companion, she asked, "Why do you want to kill dragons? They're so fun!"

Fiara didn't quite get the concept of killing. It had been explained to her time and time again by strangers that killing was when somebody made somebody else sleep. But that didn't make sense, because sometimes people tried to sing lullabies to her to make her sleep. And although Fiara never slept, the strangers told her that killing was mean. But the people trying to help her sleep were nice, so surely they weren't trying to be mean. It just didn't make sense.

"And what are you trying to know? I know everything, so maybe I can help!" Fiara offered.

Paradox

Ooc: Erm...you know it NOW occurs to me that Sorcha is being a little too fluent with her language. Do you think it would be alright to assume that these two speak the same trade tongue that might be common to the er...general area (not just the Fell but perhaps Hyoite or something?) . In the other thread Sorcha doesn't speak the common of Adela/Serendipity etc. xD She speaks it very brokenly. Or Fiara is just really good at understanding? Lol

And again. Sorry for the delay. >>

Ic: 

Sorcha quirked a brow at the 'vampire-child'. Her dubious expression was as plain as day as was the skepticism in her voice , " There's a saying my people have about those who make such claims..."

Sorcha sighed and shook her head at the girl's remarks about dragons being 'fun', " Fun?" she chuckled and shook her head, " I suppose one could take some form of pleasure in the challenge of the hunt. But a dragon killed many of my clans people and it continues to kill. It does not hunt for food or practical purposes. It causes death and destruction simply because it can and it won't stop until someone kills it. "

She tilted her head, appearing amused that the child thought she knew everything, including where The Wings of Oblivion might be. She knew – no, she was SURE that the child wouldn't know THAT , but she was humored and she chose to play along. She smiled , " Very well, wise one. Perhaps you have heard of The Wings Oblivion? Might you know where its lair is?" And then she added, " Alternatively, might you know where the lair of Altiuiri'Rygat resides? Altiuiri'Rygat is the dragon you just saw. He is a servant of the dragon I am looking for." 

zozee9

OOC: OMG I totally thought I replied! So sorry! Feel free to message me if I haven't replied in over a week but I've been online... So yeah, I'm delaying it more than you. And Fiara definitely speaks Hyoitan (?). I kind of doubt that Fell has a language considering that very few people live there. She probably knows bits and pieces of other languages, as well.

IC:
Hunting? Fiara thought. Isn't that like hide and seek? She loved hide and seek and didn't quite get how one wouldn't take pleasure in the challenge of finding someone. And then Sorcha continued talking about killing and Fiara got even more confused. The woman wanted to put the dragon to sleep so that it would stop putting other people to sleep? Just thinking about it gave her a headache, so Fiara decided to ignore the inconsistencies and instead focus on what Sorcha said afterwards.

"Of course I know where The Wings of Oblivion is! But it's Yakoumantia, not Altiuiri'Ryagat. That's much more confusing." She paused. "Ah, but The Wings of Oblivion! He's at my house." She finished this with a wide grin, feeling prouder than ever.

Paradox

"Regardless, that creature you saw just now knows where The Wings of Oblivion is.  Call it whatever you wish . I do not care. " Sorcha shook her head , doubting that her ultimate prey was in this vampire's home. "Oh really? The dragon is at your house? Do you happen to live in a fire mountain, then?" She inquired, amused and assuming that the girl was trying to impress her with lies.

"If you know a way to the lair of Altiuiri'Ryagat or Yakoumantia, as you call it, will you show me?"

ooc: np. Anyway, my pills are working today so I'm able to post! Yay!

zozee9

"Fire mountain?" repeated Fiara, curiously. "No, I live in my house... would you like to visit it?" It had been a while since she had somebody and her home, and she was already getting excited. A wide smile spread across her face as she started walking back in the direction they had come from. They passed it long ago, while running away from one of the beasts. Well, passed nearby it, at least.

Her excitement getting even higher the more she though about it, Fiara started jogging lightly. It wasn't with any speed unusual for a six year old, though maybe the fact that she wasn't breathing might seem odd. Then again, that probably seemed odd anyway.

Paradox

"Yes, I would love to see your home," Sorcha lied , thinking that the sooner she dropped the kid off at home then the sooner she could be on her way. She followed Fiara , but was surprised that a mere six-year-old could possibly walk faster than she could . She had to job to keep up! And soon they were- were they running now?

"Um...I know you're probably eager to show me but you really don't need to move so quickly!" Sorcha called out from behind her. Oh she did manage to keep up (she was a several paces behind though) but by the time they reached Fiara's home and stopped, the barbarian was feeling a bit winded. A now red-faced Sorcha leaned over, resting her hands on her knees and struggled to calm her breath.

Apparently , vampires were fast and tireless little things. She thought with a shake of her head.

ooc: I'll leave it up to you to describe her home since you know better than I do!

zozee9

Fiara just kept running until they reached her home, ignoring that Sorcha said about speed. It was fun to run! And then they could spend more time at her house. Once the sun started to rise, that's where she'd have to stay, anyway.

The entrance to the house was merely a hole in the ground, but it was big enough to fit anybody that wasn't overweight. Fiara, completely oblivious to Sorcha's tiredness, jumped into the hole and landed about ten feet lower with a solid thud. The room itself was about seven feet tall, giving Fiara plenty of room to move about. She made it wider whenever she needed more room. This caused it to be about thirty feet by forty feet. It was actually quite well dug out, the walls having been smoothed well (with the exception of where Fiara had thrown daggers and arrows). But that would be hard to see, given that it was full of various trinkets.

She moved a few steps to the side, so that Sorcha wouldn't fall on her. Then she glanced away briefly, trying to remember where she had left the Wings of Oblivion. It had been a while since she had played with it, seeing as it didn't do anything, but she figured she had probably left it with the others of its type.

Paradox

Sorcha had reservations about jumping down into a strange, dark hole that seemed to have a bit of a drop and no easy way out. So how did the vampire leave? Could she fly too? How silly that would have been without wings! Sorcha knelt down before the hole and looked down, peering inside the room for any sign of danger .Seeing no immediate threat she took a deep breath and lowered herself down carefully, sliding her body down and through the opening and only releasing hold of the ledge when she hung there in the room like a human icile.

Sorcha landed in a crouch and rose slowly ,still looking around curiously, "This is where you live?" And there were peoples in the world that dared to tell her that her people were primitive! At least she didn't live in a cave. Well, most of the time she didn't! Sometimes she couldn't help it! Caves did have their uses afterall!

ooc: I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. The dragon in the Fell at present is not The Wings of Oblivion. x3

zozee9

Fiara looked up at Sorcha with a big grin on her face. "Yup!" she exclaimed happily. "I built it all by myself. It took quite a long time to get it started... I used to try to live in the ruins of old buildings but it was too hard to avoid the sun. And the sun hurts a lot. So I figured I could fix that by living underground!" And so far, it had worked.

She turned about forty degrees to the left, where a large, unorganized pile of statues were stacked. Well, not completely unorganized. The bigger ones were at the bottom, while the smaller ones looked like they were thrown at the top. Some of them were big enough that it was debatable how she got them into her hole, let alone carry them in the first place.

Fiara walked over to that pile, jumped on top of a large statue of an angel, and then hopped behind it. She wasn't even visible. Seconds later, however, she did the same thing and reverse and walked back over the Sorcha. The only difference is that she was carrying a gold statue about the size of an ostrich's egg in her hand. And that statue was in the shape of a dragon.

She held it out to Sorcha and proudly said, "Wings of Oblivion!" Then she turned it upside down and pointed to the writing that said just that. "See, I told you I had it!"

Paradox

"Really?" She found herself doubting just a little, but it seemed that the spirits had led her to a being that was capable of extraordinary abilities in comparison with a boring old human being like herself! The comment about the sun though confused her a little though.

She walked away to examine all of the things that Fiara had collected and then turned when the girl presented her with golden statue shaped like a dragon , declaring it to be 'The Wings of Oblivion'.

I really should have known better than to think she might have possibly been telling me the truth. And it took every ounce of her patience not to lose her temper. Afterall, Fiara was just a child who didn't know any better. Right? Sighing , Sorcha handed the statue back to the child, "That's not what I meant. I'm looking for a real dragon."

ooc: LOL! That was great!  :'D

zozee9

OOC: I've been plotting that for a few posties now :3

Fiara's prideful face quickly morphed into a pout when Sorcha gave her the golden dragon back. Even her six year old self could sense that she had disappointed her dragon searching companion. "Oh..." she replied, mournfully.

But after a few seconds of silence, her mood quickly turned around. A wide smile back on her face, and her eyes full of imagination, she quickly blurted out, "Well, maybe it has some clue to the real dragon! Like a puzzle! Or maybe there's a map inside of it... we just need to break it! Or or or maybe there is someway to track it to the real dragon. Or maybe you can give it to the real dragon, who loves statues of himself, and he'll let you play with him!"

Paradox

Hearing the disappointment in the child's voice, Sorcha felt guilt flicker through her. She hadn't meant to be so blunt, but it was in her nature and she might have been just a tad bit cranky. She couldn't help it! She was tired, slightly hungry, and she was in the Fell which wasn't exactly the most cheerful place to visit , you know? She placed a hand on Fiara's shoulder lightly, "I appreciate that you're trying to help me , Fiara, but ..."

No explanation she could give seemed to register in the child's mind. This child seemed very ignorant of concepts such as death or revenge. "Some dragons are quite avaricious and vain, but they usually kill people and take whatever they want. I've yet to meet one that likes being worshiped by humans opposed to simply eating them." She frowned. "And it would be horribly convenient if your statue offered any clues...."

Though she had to wonder. Glancing sideways at Fiara, she quirked at eyebrow at the girl and inquired, "Where did you get these things from anyway? " The statue did strongly resemble the dark beast of her nightmares.

zozee9

Fiara's smile slowly faded away as Sorcha seemed to not care about what she had said. The apology was nice, but it didn't meant anything. She felt the need to prove herself to this kind lady who had helped her when she was smaller.

But the corners' of her mouth tweaked up when Sorcha asked her a question. Maybe she had been worthwhile, after all. "From a sleeping mage!" Fiara happily explained. She somehow managed to remember where she discovered almost everything in her house. "He was going to show me an ice spell, he said, but then it went up in sparks! It looked really cool! He fell asleep though and I got bored. So I took this back home with me!"

That's how she got almost all of her stuff. Sleeping people—most of them being mages. Every once in a while, she found something just lying in the desert. Sometimes at ruins, sometimes in the middle of nowhere. Those things were cool, but typically not as shiny. The gold dragon was shiny.

Paradox

"Sleeping?" Sorcha tried not to sound as worried as she looked, " Fi-ara, was this mage - did they ever wake up? " She assumed not. She must have found these trinkets from the ruins of civilizations long lost. This was the Fell after all , but every so often one would encounter a foolhardy traveler who thought they could conquer the dangers of the wild unknown. They seemed to be attracted to Hyoite for some reason and most of them were idiotic mages from Serendipity thinking they'd scour the long lost kingdom for ancient artifacts of power . But these artifacts were not meant to be found and , as far as she knew, no one who ventured to this land came back alive or ....returned home feeling the same again. The Fell either killed you or it left a dark mark on you of some sort. She wouldn't be surprised if it had already left its mark on her...

"I wonder why a mage would have interest in a decorative statue. I suppose it could be of some historical value. I've heard that other cultures steal from dead civilizations and store artifacts in structures where they show them off like fresh kills before a hunting party. " she blinked, "I don't suppose the mage had anything else?"

zozee9

"Hm? Not while I was there. But I'm sure they woke up in the morning. I had to leave so the sun wouldn't hurt me," she explained matter of factly. She could sense the worriment in Sorcha's voice, but placed it to be because sometimes people apparently got lost in their dreams and couldn't get a good look of reality. Or so she had heard, though it made no sense.

"And why would they keep something just because it's historical?" she asked. If it didn't look cool or do something, it wasn't worth anything. To Fiara, at least. "I bet they kept it because it has some kind of clue to the Wings of Oblivion! And they wanted to play with him, too!" She smiled widely, as if she had just solved the greatest crime of all time.

After pausing for a second, she added, "And I don't think he left anything else. Well, nothing interesting at least. Just common things. Like a small dagger and some weird clothes and stuff like that... maybe a picture, too? You know what, I think I grabbed it." She held out the dragon statue for Sorcha to hold while she searched for the drawing.

Paradox

Sorcha shrugged at the girls' question," Sometimes the people of my clan keep things to remember our history and traditions. Knowing who we were and where we come from is sometimes useful when we are faced with difficult times. We do not, however, take things from other cultures for such reasons. Especially where the Fell is concerned. My people don't dare come here. Because most people that come here don't return alive or...the same." She shrugged again and turned the statue over in her hands while Fiora searched for the drawing, " I couldn't tell you what it is that fascinates wizards so much. They're an...odd bunch. They're obsessed with understanding everything, the past of peoples and creatures unrelated to them included. "

Could they be interested in her prey? Perhaps. The wicked dragon did migrate and she was sure it had passed through other lands causing destruction. Perhaps they too sought a way to kill the foul beast. At least, she could only hope so. More than likely though, the idiots wished to simply study it OR ,worse, they wanted to find its lair hoping to find treasure, "It's possible that they're interested in the dragon. I'd hope their only concern would be slaying it..."

She turned the statue and looked at the base, noting on the bottom that there were small markings etched on the bottom. She smoothed a finger over it, feeling it and pondering if those markings meant something.