Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Do you have problems? (Brisinger!)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, August 14, 2013, 06:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

It was a beautiful day in Connlaoth. The sun was out, and the scent of fresh rain was still lingering, and was a favorite of Father Caderyn's. Being out in a small monastery by himself, he rarely got visitors, and was surprised when, a few days ago, while put tending his rock garden, Jy'aad and Liarri came to his doorstep with a gryphon kit, saying he needed a temporary home. He agreed, and took the young gryphon in for a few weeks. It was an old, well weathered building, made up of aged bricks and mortar, but, for Caderyn, and, for a short time, Abbán, it was home.

Today, he was out tending his rock garden again, with Abbán lounging on one of the larger boulders that was present. Having just rained the previous day, it was a perfect opportunity to perhaps teach the young gryphon a few things about life, using the rock garden as an example.

"You see, Abbán, because the rock garden is in constant need of tending and care, one cannot simply let it be for too long, or else it falls to just a plot of gravel. The same can be said for life in general. If one doesn't make the right decisions, or waits too long to decide on something, his life could easily fall to ruin." The Sionhai priest said as he raked the gravel, carefully forming delicate lines around the boulders. Abbán, although silent throughout the lecture, was very much intrigued by what this man was saying.

Looking up at the sun to get an estimate of the time of day, the priest saw two distinct shapes in the sky coming towards the monastery. Well, we have guests...

Brisinger987

Seh'lvah had no clue what her and Methusela were doing in Connlaoth. On their way back from seeing Seh'lvah's parents. They thought, that, from first sight, Methusela was her boyfriend. When she explained what it really was, the two were welcomed with open arms. She was told she could return to the Colony, and that finding a Nightspinner egg and hatching it was a contribution to the world of dragons in general.

The had decided to return to the Colony but Methusela was still tired, upset and lonely. He didn't even want to talk to Hari'lah when Seh'lvah offered to call up a communication spell. That said something. He was hurt.

So they flew back, looking for somewhere to land on the way, and they spotted a monastery.

When one cannot sleep at home, you must sleep with the insects. She quoted Therissian lore, from a time when dragons believed themselves dominant.

"Down there. Monastery. We can evict the tenants through fear." Methusela sounded like a tyrant dragon, and that set off a pang of pride in Seh'lvah.

They landed in a garden, near Abbán and Caderyn.

"Hello? Any Friars, Fathers? Nuns?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Father Caderyn saw who it was.

"Ah, Seh'lvah, welcome! And, who is this?" He asked, curious as to whom the younger dragon was. Finishing off the rest of his rock garden, he went and put the rake back in the tool shed in the far corner of the courtyard. There wasn't one thing that escaped Caderyn's eyesight, and the one thing that had caught his attention was the horrid claw marks on the younger dragon's wrists. He'd wait until they were formally introduced before bringing the matter up, though.

Abbán, however, wasn't so welcoming. He openly cowered from the dragons, even hiding behind the boulder he once sat on. After the incident the other day, he was more than afraid of dragons.

Brisinger987

"My name's Methusela." The young dragon shifted, hiding the claw marks as best he could.

"Father Caderyn? Last time we met there was an altercation between two demons and angel and a god. So excuse me for not recognising you." Seh'lvah stepped forward, narrowly avoiding the rock garden. Methusela followed, and stepped straight on the rock garden, not caring in all honesty.

Klezmer Gryphon

Caderyn, although slightly irritated with the young dragon's ignorance of the rock garden, kept it hidden. It wasn't worth reprimanding the lad for, and he could always go back and fix it later. He went and took Abbán in his arms, assuring him that they wouldn't harm him.

"Please, come inside." He said. His arms were occupied, so it seemed like he couldn't open the large, studded wooden door to the chapel. However, when the complex was built, the monks designed it to where the strong gust of wind that came through this area at noon every day would blow it open.

And, right on time, the door blew open, small leaves swirling around in the blew open. As he led his guests around the building, explaining some of the interesting bits of history, Abbán hopped out of his arms, and scurried off to his cell, saying that he'd come out when the dragons were gone.

"Please, excuse Abbán, but after that incident you caused the other day, he seems to have adopted a hefty fear of dragon kind." He said, and began to explain how he had heard directly from Shamgar in a confession about the incident. However, he noticed again the claw marks on Methusela's wrist, and inquired about them.

"Excuse me, Methusela, for asking, but is there something wrong? Any sort of conflict, or secret that has been bothering you?" He asked, being gentle and fatherly in his tone. He wanted to help the young dragon, but he had to know what was the cause of the problem.

Brisinger987

Methusela snarled as he asked about the cuts. "Ask Shamgar about what he said. What he did." Methusela dropped back behind Seh'lvah, who gave him a melancholy look.

"Methusela has a point. Shamgar has upset both of us. And I'm not prepared to forgive." Seh'lvah made a point of adding the final bit on deliberately.

Klezmer Gryphon

The priest sighed. It would be hard to find a solution if neither would listen.

"There is always room for forgiveness. Furthermore, you know your own feelings, yes? You let your feelings influence your decisions. However, did you ever take time to consider Shamgar's feelings? He seemed quite upset when he came to talk with me," the priest replied, his voice still gentle, without a hint of anger. He wasn't supporting either side, but he did want to find a solution.

Brisinger987

"Didn't seem upset about it when I confronted him... He just yapped in my face and flew off." Methusela spoke up, clearly frustrated.

"Methusela is right, he didn't seem upset when I last spoke to him. He was quite happy playing with Abbán." Seh'lvah added. She was pinning this on Methusela, cause she thought she tried.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Happy? Maybe. Or, perhaps, he was just doing the right thing by comforting Abbán, even if that mant playing a children's game." Caderyn said. He had seen the look on Shamgar's face when he came in to talk with the priest. He started pacing up and down the hall, as if he was trying to figure out a puzzle.

"Seh'lvah, did you say anything to him? Anything that might have upset him, or make him feel unwanted?" He asked suddenly, remembering that Shamgar had said that Seh'lvah had said things...

Brisinger987

"Yeah, I did say things. I told him to leave. That Methusela was in my sole custody now." Seh'lvah was lying badly. She had said some nasty things. Very nasty things.

Klezmer Gryphon

Having been a priest for a good while, Caderyn knew when he was being lied to.

"Is that so?" He asked, obviously not fooled by the dragon's statement. He would get the facts, but he would be gentle about it, although he would use the sheer truth if he had to.

Brisinger987

"I told him that he was a poor parent and a worse partner. The truth." Seh'lvah stopped walking.

Klezmer Gryphon

"And you didn't think about perhaps talking with him about it?" The priest asked, "Because when he talked with me, he was upset not over the fact he left, but because you and him never sat down and talked about things."

Brisinger987

"He expected me to be happy or calm over the way things are? I am sorry, but look at the state Methusela's in. You've seen the marks, I noticed you looking." Seh'lvah spoke defensively. She could see where this would end up. She would be made to feel that Methusela's state was her fault. And it was.

Klezmer Gryphon

"I see Methusela's state. However, from what I can tell, I don't think you've done anything to help him. Perhaps Shamgar's leaving caused it, but even so, it's your responsibility as a parent to help your son through this difficult time." He said. The priest sighed; Seh'lvah was avoiding the point.

Brisinger987

"I'm trying Father, but if he won't let me help him... Which he isn't..." She looked at Methusela, who instantly looked away.