Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You Shall Not Pass! (Lee Sin)

Started by Brisinger987, August 16, 2013, 03:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Xerordir stood cloaked by the lake side, his skeletal eys observing the life around him.

"For such a beautiful world, it is consumed by so much sin. It makes my bones rattle..." Xerordir stood, right in the centre of a ring of tall obsidian stones. Markers to his master's underworld. Not the only underworld, but the underworld he served.

It was a round greyed stone circle. The stones stood about ten foot, and blazed with purple fire, and sat by the most peaceful part of the local valley. It was nice here.

Xerordir simply stood guard her, his presence not required at any other entrance, and he enjoyed this one in particular. If no-one came along and talked, he would sit there and observe the living.

Lee Sin

Lee sin stumbled across this monument while searching for a child mysteriously kidnapped 4 years previously, he knew there was little hope of finding him but he still wanted to try.  after quickly searching the ruins his eyes glanced upon an ominous figure right at their center, xerordir.  Being almost immune to magic because of his constant meditations, he was still nervous looking at this silent being. 
"who are you?" he asked calmly, in a level, quiet voice showing no panic or fear. 

Brisinger987

Torak looked over an his eyes glowed over the new person. The man's presence was welcomed, and no deadly sins remained unforgiven on his soul.

"Greetings. I am Xerordir, gate guardian to the underworld ruled by Astraea. How can I be of service?"

Lee Sin

"Greetings, i am Lee Sin son of Master Yi, and I am searching for the lost child of the nearby village of Carvahall, would you perchance have any information about him? Or where i could find some?

Sin was still shaken by the appearance of the stranger, but was reassured that he meant no immediate harm, he lowered his guard, taking a step closer. 

Brisinger987

((OOC: By the way, the text just allows me to distinguish between my characters talking, cause my characters often double thread, so I play two characters in one post often, you can choose another colour to distinguish Lee if you like, I just use red for Xerordir :) and I see what you did thar XD ))

"How long ago? And I can check if they are dead. If they aren't, I am afraid they are nothing to do with me." Xerordir could check if a person matching said description was in the afterlife. Young child from Carvahall was pretty distinct. It made the search narrow, but there were still a few. Quite a few. But children didn't go missing often.

Especially with him roaming the lands.

Lee Sin

"Is there any service I can do for you in order for you to complete this ritual? I will do anything within my power, i feel that this child holds a piece of the puzzle which will allow me to find my father.  This child disappeared a bit more than 4 years ago, and has never been seen since."
Lee felt a ray of hope, that it was not impossible to find him.  He had dreamed within his previous meditation that the kidnappers of this child were somehow linked to those who had captured his father, and hoped to find a clue to his whereabouts. 

Brisinger987

The orbs in Xerordir's eyes faded out of existence as he scanned the entire list of dead people that Astraea kept. Local boy, four years ago. One match.

The eyes faded back into eerie redness and Xerordir looked at the man.

"Dead. Killed by his master in Ketra for relations with the slave master's daughter. Resides in a paradise with which I am not familiar. His soul is at peace now. The original captors are also dead. All but one. Killed by a dragon. I know where the final one is, as he is dead but not resting." Xerordir's access to this knowledge made him a powerful ally, albeit it a sarcastic, unsubtle, justice hungry ally.

Lee Sin

"Please bring me to him, wherever he is, and help me convey my questions.  Again, I am willing to comply to any favor you may require for completing this task"
Lee had panicked upon hearing that the captors had been killed, and suddenly felt extremely glad to have come across this mysterious figure who turned out to be the only being on Le'raana who could help him.  If the final dead kidnapper could be found, even with the tragic death of the child, maybe his quest could continue at least one step further.

Brisinger987

Xerordir took his scythe, and used it to tear open a portal, through which he pulled the restless soul of the final captor.

"You have five minutes with this sinful wretch before I send him to his final fate." Xerordir growled, the sin in this man setting off bells and alarms in his hollow skull.

"He will pay for his sins."

Lee Sin

"I can never thank you enough"
Lee turned to the soul
"Four years ago in Carvahall, why did you kidnap that child and not another?  Was the group you were travelling with connected to any larger organization? If you answer accurately Xerordir will release you from your eternal torment, and he will know if you are lying, in which case your punishment shall be even more severe and will never be paused again"
Lee hoped the bluff would work, he did not know the workings of the underworld or the extents of his new ally's power.  He needed to gleen something from this interrogation which would allow him to find another hint, and make progress in finding his father. 

Brisinger987

Xerordir let out a deathly growl, accompanied by pitch black smoke from his jaw. The grow was accompanied by a ghostly sigh, that sounded like the final breath of a dying man. Except much, much, much louder.

"I don't know, it was just a job, kidnap a child from the area and sell him as a slaver, we got given special orders to take that specific one! We were told the boss got the orders from some really well known merc band. I don't remember their names, but their uniforms were distinct! Black metal with bleached white metal faces. Like deathly skull walkers! I don't know any more than that." The man was clearly terrified by the reaper behind him, and was pleading.

"True. One of the merc band died during the transfer and it was aborted, the child being sold on and then killed. Now you suffer for your sins." Xerordir picked the ghost up, and held it by the throat.

"The sins of the father be hollow and empty in the face of the blasphemy the son commits, and the sins run red with blood from all walks of life. Face your death Jontée, for children have wept at your carnal sins, and graves dug for you bloodlust. Face me." The ghost began to disintegrate, his agonised screams as every pain inflicted by him in life comes back to kill him. The skeleton of the ghost disintegrated completely and the floating debris was absorbed by the cloak.

Lee Sin

"I can not thank you enough, but I will ask you for another favor.  I have never been to a large city, so far my travels have led me only to small villages and countryside, but in order to find out about these masked criminals I need to speak to someone who knows of such bands, whom I am more likely to encounter in a city.  Can you find out whether my father is still alive? He disappeared from our village 8 years ago and I have been searching for him since."
Lee hoped that Xerordir would also be able to accompany him on his quest, but did not dare ask more favors from this intimidating figure who had already helped him so much. 

Brisinger987

"I recommend the Soot Wolves in Arca, and it is Master Yi isn't it? Master Yi does not inhabit an underworld or afterlife. That is as far as my help will stretch there. If it isn't dead, I know nothing of it. However. I can provide you with confirmation that his soul has not been crushed." Xerordir stretched his wings idly, trying to remove the numbness. Then he remembered he was a damned skeleton. He was made to be numb.