Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Kailen & Felixia

Started by Clara Isobel, August 27, 2013, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Isobel

My Dearest Felixia,

I know I haven't talked to you for a couple of years now, and some years after a few entries earlier, but yes, you are still very dear to me. It's just really hard for me to keep up with writing journals; I can't even keep my relationships running. Kent and I haven't had a decent conversation in a while since Uncle Dreyfor went missing. Maybe he blames me for his disappearance, and I think I agree with him. The last thing that Uncle Dreyfor told me was that he was going to tell me all about my parents when he returns so I assumed that's also what he left for, answers about my parents and my past. I wish he didn't have to leave just because of that, everything was alright in my life even though my past was unknown to me, my past haven't even crossed my mind for a long time, but with Uncle Dreyfor gone, Kent not talking to me, questions about my past are all I could think of.

I forgot to mention, we're not in my room tonight, Felixia, we're in some inn that I found by the merchants' road when I stowed away in some travelling merchant's cart. Don't worry I'll come back home some other time, but I just realized how boring life is back in Luneria without Uncle Dreyfor. He's always fun and full of surprises even at his age, no wonder the people wanted him to be the village head, and he'd always praise my magic skills. Kent took over and he's far younger than him but he's always serious, now I wonder if at one point when I was young I accidentally cast some spell on them that changed their personalities. I miss Uncle. So that's why I got us out of Luneria, Felixia, I have to find him, and hopefully find the answers about my past as well. I know it's going to be dangerous since even someone as tough as Uncle Dreyfor got into the trouble he's gotten himself into, and I'm not that of an idiot to do anything with nothing but my below average magic skill and I don't even know where he could be. So first thing in the morning, I'm going the main cities of Serendipity. I've heard from travelling merchants that there were a lot of people like me in those places, maybe someone will take me as an apprentice there and once I get enough training, then I'll set off to find Uncle Dreyfor and my past.

Oh and another thing, I didn't tell Kent that I left, so I'm going to be in big trouble when he finds me so don't tell him anything, alright? Hold on, what am I saying, you're a journal, of course you won't say anything. Hah, I must be going mad. Goodnight Felixia.

After marking the end of her sentence, Kailen skimmed through her finished journal entry while tapping her quill on the table. And as she read through, her eyes would linger a moment on the name that she had given her journal. Felixia. She had forgotten why she chose that name, names are sacred and she wondered why she gave a name to her journal in the first place, it was no horse, not even a sword, and it probably didn't deserve any name at all. But her eyes have gotten heavy at this point, she thought that tonight wasn't the time to think about such trifles.

She replaced the quill on her inkwell then pushed her chair away from the table to stand up. She closed her leather-bound journal then felt the cover's tattered surface that appeared after all that time that it was stored away. She let out a sigh then made her way to the bed she rented. As soon as she flopped on the bed, she closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep.

"Goodnight, Kailen."