Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Treyburn - Cousins Now Open! (Family/War Drama)

Started by Ivory, September 02, 2013, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Ahhhh singer that isn't quite so accurate. At least my guess is so.

Keep in mind that Janette would have no memories of Jana living with her (Jana got exiled a year after Janette was born). Now Jana does try to visit twice a year, but she can't usually stay for too long. My guess is a week or two. So while Jana will try to keep up with everything happening with her siblings and try to understand them, it's a bit tough. And if she hasn't seen Janette in a while (I think I'll say she hasn't been in town for a year, therefore making her appearance even more exciting to the family), she might just assume that the girl has changed.

However, that isn't to say she won't ask Redly about it. Or, if she found Janette crying, she would definitely do something about it. She'd probably be reminded about her younger days, actually.

And Ivory... I still don't know. >.> Whichever she thinks would be easier to hide her identity as. So if you have any ideas on that even, it would be awesome.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Ivory

Hey, Bris, uh, regarding your comment in the Ball plotting thread...  That's not really a thing, unless you yourself is making it a thing...  We haven't really plotted out the family having an enemy wherein that would make sense...  You can certainly do it, but you're going to be basically RPing with yourself!  D:

Brisinger987

Right, ok then... How about: Jana visits for her week, and at the beginning of the week, Janette is her usual self. It happens one or two days into the week, Janette doesn't come home for a night, and everyone assumes she's gone to make a man booty call.

She comes home the next day, bruised, quiet, and really out of character, and Jana notices? Perhaps she goes to listen at Janette's door and hears her crying the day after?

That's my suggestion for that, and Jana should go as a man. Makes things fun. A woman playing a woman who is pretending to be a man!

And I'm gonna make it a thing Ivory! They're gonna be a thing! lol.

Thought: who said this can't be the reason there's tension between two families? Perhaps they're one of the bigger families? And they consider Janette some lower class filth, and they boil it down to Ma and Pa Treyburn not raising their kids well enough?

zozee9

First off, I doubt the Treyburn's have an enemy house. Janette, however, is probably unapproved of in many families... so it could just be the girl herself. And if she got into a thing with some known rebellious boy, that could create the whole Romeo and Juliet effect—without having enemy houses. I feel like that's more realistic (and less cheesy, lol). That's just my own opinion, however.

Also, if she got raped, would she really even sleep with a stranger? I feel like she'd be too traumatized...

A woman playing a woman who is pretending to be a man. Am I the first woman? Lol. XD

And maybe a man... Actually, I can totally imagine this. I mean, first off, Jana makes an attractive dude. So if she dresses that up well, the ladies will totally be ogling her. And Jana would use that to try to get information out. ;) She's sneakyyyy.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Brisinger987

I like your idea Zoz, it sounds more realistic. Janette wouldn't exactly be what families want as wife material, would she? But I like that idea Zoz, thank you!

And she wouldn't do that, that would be the general assumption as to why she didn't come home, not because she was lying either: unconscious/too traumatised to move (which would be why she ACTUALLY didn't turn up back at home)

Yes you are Zoz! Lol xD

Lol, it's like we're plotting out a game of The 39 Steps! If you ever get to see that play, it's hilarious.

zozee9

... okay I'm really confused about the whole rape thing.

1. Did she really get raped?

2. Will she sleep with someone after the ball?

3. How many people do you suspect she has slept with? (Haha this is more of a curiosity question...)

Brisinger987

1. Yes, she did.

2. Most likely. She'll probably still repress it (the rape) with amnesiac potions, just she won't become reliant on them, so she'll go back to roughly how she was.

3. 6, 7, maybe 8 people by the time of the rape? She has a particular taste, usually more physical and lust than romance. She isn't one for romance.

zozee9

1. Okay.

2. Ohhh potions. So she's trying to forget it?

3. Okay.

Thnxies. :3

Ivory

Okay.  All of that makes sense, and I'm going to leave you to plot it, but...

I don't think Connlaoth HAS amnesia potions.

Which isn't to say she can't use the power of her brain to repress it.

zozee9

BRAIN POWER.

oh yeah i totally forgot to mention this earlier, but don't forget that Illi does have magic... does that affect anything? I mean, she never uses it. Or, more accurately, people never see it. It's in her writing.

But if this would be a huge problem, I can just cross it out.

Ivory

Nope, I hadn't forgotten!

It's up to you if people ever find out about her magic.  I was under the impression she was going to hide it away forever!  <3  This means, of course, that she's not likely to be discovered unless she *does* tell someone...

Again, totally up to you how you want to play that out and how you want things to fall out!  <3

Brisinger987

Yeah, she's desperate to forget it. By any means possible, drink, drugs, potions, blows to the head. Anything that will make her forget it happened.

She'll probably have it boil down to drink, drugs or just mental repression.

So if you still wanted to do it Zoz, we could?

zozee9

The only person I can imagine Illi telling about her magic is Redly. And something big would have to happen. Because even though Illi knows that Redly would keep her secret, she wouldn't want him judging her or being stressed because of it.

So unless Illi someday moves out of Connloath (which actually will probably happen... she has more of a Serendipity soul), her magic is staying secret.

And let's do it, Bri! Except I have one last thing.

What if the rape happens after the ball? I say this simply because of the fact that Jana will not be in town until the ball. Soooo if she's going to observe change in Janette's behavior, it would have to be afterwards.

Brisinger987

Yeah, it can happen after the ball! That would be fine! Perhaps it can be in the days just after the ball? That would make sense....

zozee9

Sounds good! So we might want to delay this a little while, then.

Ivory

Paradox is going to be finishing off the round.  After he posts, it's a new round, so have at!  :D

Brisinger987

Awesome, I'll probably take Janette out of the post for a bit, two or three rounds I think.

And yeah, Zoz, if we hold off on it for a while.

Ivory

Hey, all!  Just a reminder!

Even though we're not done with the pre-ball thread, feel free to spill your characters over into the actual ball for some good old-fashioned bally fun!

zozee9

Oh yeah, I had a question about that! Will they all go in together?

Also, just a heads up for everyone! Jana will eventually make her way into the pre-ball, but your characters won't recognize her. ;) Anyway, she'll have a story of some sort that will make it so it's not strange for her to go in with the Treyburns. If any of you have ideas for that, that would be great.

kleineklementine

I don't know. I already threw Dahlia in, so.... >.>