Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trouble with Treyburns [Zee]

Started by Ivory, September 18, 2013, 11:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Redly laughed softly.  Leave it to Brax!  He was so predictable.  It was a comfort...

"I don't think there's anything to help with, but I appreciate the offer.  I'm still under arrest.  And they'll probably send the servants round for the rest of this."

The lucky servants!

"If you don't mind, I think I'd like to meet your son before I'm thrown in jail, actually..."  He grinned a bit.  "If we can tear him away from Ma."

Paradox

Braxton held up a hand, "Say no more. I got this," he left the cabin and approached his mother. He didn't afford a glance his father's way once and waited for a break in their conversation before he put a hand lightly on her shoulder, " I'm gonna take this little guy off your hands for a bit, ma. Don't mind me."

Before his mother or father could protest, he swept the baby out of her arms and carried him back to the cabin and held the lad up for his brother to see, "Ethen, meet your uncle Redley. Redley, this is my boy." 

Ivory

"Hello, Ethen," Redly said, smiling down at the baby in Brax's arms.  Reaching out with his hand, he enclosed Ethen's tiny hand in his for a baby-sized handshake.  "You're going to be trouble for your dad, I think, if you're anything like he is."

Redly offered his brother a broad grin.  "You're right about him looking like Leanna, though..."  But he'd be a Treyburn, through and through, just like any of them!

A handful of soldiers appeared at the edge of the property, looking a bit defeated.  It made Redly grin.  "Looks like Jana got away after all."

Well, good.  Hopefully she'd be smart and keep her head down...

Paradox

Braxton guffawed, "I doubt that the wife'll allow it! You haven't seen what she's like when she gets cross. She could probably make even pa shake in his boots if she had a mind for it, "  Although , Redley was absolutely right! If Ethen was any bit true to the Treyburn blood, he'd be a real handful.

"Yep. He's got her nose, her eyes and even her mouth. " Braxton lightly poked each feature with a finger and the baby gurgled gleefully as if it tickled. He chuckled, and looked up when Red mentioned Jana. "Good for her . Heheh...he's gonna be so pissed." Braxton laughed because it was funny , but it wasn't.  "This'll be fun."

He shook his head, "You wanna hold the little guy for a bit?"

Ivory

Sadly, it wasn't to be.  Darryn's voice rose from where he stood, consulting with the returned soldiers.  "Redly, you will submit yourself to Williams immediately.  Jones, gather up the property of the military and take it back with you.  Williams, arrest Redly and take him to prison.  The rest of you..."

He was dishing out orders, now, to his men, ignoring his sons, his wife, and his grandson.

"Looks like we're out of time," Redly said instead, reaching out his hand to pat his brother on the shoulder.  "You take care of yourself, Brax.  And Ethen and Leanna."

Paradox

"The old bastard doesn't waste a fucking moment, does he?" Braxton sneered and shook his head as their father started barking commands to his men. "Well, I suppose this is goodbye for now. " He looked down at his son , "Say goodbye to Uncle Red." The baby giggled and and flailed his little chubby hands about above his head, trying to grab for his papa's shirt. Well, it wasn't quite a wave, but close enough!

He nodded to Redley and moved for the door, " He won't be the one always be calling the shots. Things'll get better one day, I'll see to that. " He paused in the doorway and looked back over his shoulder with a smirk, "See ya, Big Red. Don't make too much trouble without me. "

And then he walked out the door.

Tags: