Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Rider and the Slave (Caerina)

Started by Zer0ic, September 30, 2013, 09:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zer0ic

Sky patrolling, I had to be tasked to sky patrolling in the Draconi Forest. Why didn't the military station me somewhere I can unleash my skills in combat. Seriously, I'm a Draconi...

Ripping Nero from his thoughts was his dragon, Spike. The young dragon began to dive repeatedly, forcing Nero to jolt against him on the first one. Then, he started to enter back into the standard circling formation for sky patrolling and spit some flames into the air as if sarcastically saying, "How did you like the ride?"

"You bastard," Nero shouted.

The dragon did a quick barrel roll like he was rolling his eyes at him.

At least someone is enjoying the sky patrols. After all, Nero rarely took his dragon out on flights as of late. Why? Well, because he enjoyed drinking in the local taverns and joining in the merriment. Though, it included fighting random strangers that always ending up being a superior of his, grabbing ass even though some guys look a little feminine after a few rounds, and burning something in a tavern by accident.

Instantly, sounds of a struggle between what sounds like a woman and three or four men about two miles away. Smiling, Nero lightly placed his left foot into Spike's wing. The dragon roared in response and in the blind of an eye they raced off.

Caerina

It has been two days since Khanna was on the run. Only a week after she defeated the slavers, another enemy has come to catch her. That wasn't going to happen, not if she had any say in it. And, even after all the precautions, she still caught their eyes. It was hard to stay low with her appearance and her personality. One way or another she always stuck out of the crowd.

She cursed the damn old man who sold her off. After that she didn't feel bad for stealing all that money from him. In Khanna's head you should never trust anyone no matter how they looked. After all, she was the one who appeared as a petite red haired beauty. Only she wasn't. Khanna was an escaped slave, her mind sharp as her two daggers.

Running through the forest, she felt branches scratch her face. It was painful, but she would have time to take care of it later, when she escapes them a bit further. In her mouth she could feel some blood, and her arm was wounded. A reminder of their last encounter. Her tempo was tiring her very fast but she knew that if she stopped now, it would all be over.

She stopped to catch her breath and before she could flee, four bounty hunters surrounded her. Her black cloak still over her head and covering the most of her body, she took her two daggers from her back. They didn't attack, trying to corner her like an animal. She shovedone of her daggers into one man's throat and then started battling off the rest.

Zer0ic

They arrived and began circling ahead. From what he could see was a dead body and a girl fighting off three men. The dead man seemed to match the other three, wearing green and black gear. They were obviously Connlanthian.

He thought to himself, "Why are four Connlanthians attacking a girl? And who is she? Cause she is wielding her daggers with an expert level of skill."

Spike roared loudly releasing a jet of flames. Nero understood it as, "Who cares? She needs our help." Immediately, Spike dived in on his own accord. Diving at high speeds, Nero jump from his dragon and sent a fiery punch into the belly of one of her attackers. With the momentum of the first strike he followed up with a flaming kick to the face of another man.

Spike on the other hand snatched the last man and landed in between Nero and the girl. Then, he began to snack on his arm.

"Looks like my dragon is hungry," Nero said ominously with a smile at the two men he struck.

Caerina

Help wasn't something she ever expected. Not from a friend, even less from an unknown man and his beast. Khanna took a few steps back , trying to determine whether she indeed got help or did she just switch from one enemy to another. But, she found it quite hard brooding over that things with her body in such pain. Her cloak was still over her head as she tried to keep everyone from noticing her face, especially the suspicious stranger in front of her.

She slowly crouched next to a barely awake man on the ground. Taking one of her daggers beneath his throat, she gazed over his helmet.

"Leave me alone." her words were quiet, and she tried to keep away the fear from her voice. But, it was still shaky in the end, as sbe released the man from her grip.

Taking her other dagger from the ground, Khanna raised her head slightly towards the new man, one she didn't know, while trying to keep her face away from the light.  He didn't look like he was going to hurt her, but she knew better than to trust him just because he helped her. Covering the wound on her arm with her hand she just walked by him, like he was air. Complications weren't something she needed.

Zer0ic

Nero was furious to the point his body literally busted into flames. How could she be so ungrateful? He came to her rescue, though Spike forced him to.

Spike glared at him in a way of trying to say, "Calm down, let it go."

"Not now Spike," he yelled. "You, woman. You could at least say, 'Thank you for saving me,' or something along those lines," he said burning in dark red flames. "Stop walking away from me." He ran up to her and gripped her cloak.

Spike turn to face away and lazily began to lay down.

Nero pulled her cloak off and out sprang her red hair. "If you want this back you'll answer me," he commanded and then whistled for his dragon.

Spike ignored his call and slammed his tail into the ground showing his refusal.

"You overgrown lizard, get over here," he continued with his yelling.

Spike quickly moved in front of the girl and roared into Nero's face with spit flying. Spike did not want him to lay a finger on her again. He could sense her mistrust in them and he did not want her to slit Nero's throat for him just being the asshole that he is, because unlike Nero he could feel her power was much stronger than he thinks.

Caerina

Khanna had her arms crossed as she watched the man yelling. She needed that damn cloak, or every living being in the diameter will be able to spot her. She cursed under her breath and decided that ignoring the issue will just make things worse.

"Listen, man," she said in the same tone as he did "I didn't ask you to come and help... But now you should give me back my cloak or both of us will be surrounded with bounty hunters in seconds." Khanna sighed as she cocked her head in order to take a better look at him. She didn't know him, and at that moment, didn't want to. All she needed was to escape the damn forest and the bounty hunters. The last thing she needed was someone to distract her. In her world, distractions meant one step closer to death, or worse - slavery.

She was surprised by his dragon. The creature somehow seemed to be on her side, instead of it's master's side. It was a curious sight for her.

"Seems like at least one of you has a brain." she told the man, keeping her arms crossed. Her words and offenses are usually a defense mechanism. No wonder she doesn't have many friends.

Zer0ic

Nero calmed down. His fiery cloak dissipated and he put her cloak on over his black armor. "Fine, I'll keep your cloak and you can keep Spike," he said with a joyful smile walking towards Ketra. "It seems he likes you better. I think it's your red hair."

Spike shook his head and rolled his eyes. He looked upon the red headed girl hoping she could understand him like Nero can. Shrugging a wing to say, "Get on," Spike guides his gaze form hers to target Nero. He was making a suggestion, "Let's get your cloak back?"

Caerina

Khanna's green eyes narrowed coldly. Oh, he was a pain in the neck... But, she had to deal with him in order to get her cloak back, or she was in big trouble. Taking a deep breath she shrugged helplessly towards the dragon - Spike and put her hands on her hips trying to decide what to do. Was all he really wanted a thank you, or did he just want to get them all killed.

"I don't need your dragon." she started walking behind him  "No offense." she added with a small smile to the dragon, as she walked. "I need my cloak."

If he wanted some thank-you or a polite apologize, she would gladly just say it and get it over with. Although she rarely had to say those things to other people, she would say it to him, take her cloak and then run away as far as possible.

Zer0ic

Nero continued on merrily. He completely forgot all about the girl and Spike. All he had in mind was finishing his patrol and heading straight to the nearest tavern. Then, he began fantasizing about his plans for the tavern.

Spike on the other hand began to walk alongside the girl and began roaring as if speaking. He was trying to have a conversation with her as he knew he was going to be able to burst Nero's bubble this time.

Trying desperately to speak in common to the girl his growls indicated, "Please talk to me. He's just going to ignore us." He even gave her puppy dog eyes that looked more like he was angry and constipated.

Caerina

Khanna continued following him, since she had little other option. She threw a glance over to Spike who was growling next to her. He was cute, kinda - for a dragon, that is. Khanna sighed loudly trying to decide whether to throw a rock on the man and take her cloak.

"Your friend is a jerk." she told to the creature, crossing her arms with a pout but still walking behind him "Perhaps we should throw something at him."

Khanna shrugged with a sly smirk on her face. Well, perhaps she should just take the dragon and fly somewhere. That is, if she knew how to fly on one.

Zer0ic

Spike nodded in agreement. He agreed not once, but twice for calling Nero a jerk and the other for wanting to hit him with a speeding object. Nero deserved to be hit with something and he had just the idea.

He began to open his claws repeatedly trying to have her do the same with her hand. He had something for her to throw at him. If she opens her hand he planned on creating a fireball for her to chuck at Nero. Now that would get him back into reality.

Caerina

Khanna cocked her head on the side, trying to discover what the dragon wanted her to do. It was a lucky circumstance that he could understand her, she was actually sure that the dragon understood her much better than his master.

Khanna glanced over at his claws that were trying to show her something. She repeated his motion, opening her palm up, as she slowly felt something happening. This wasn't unusual for her since she knew how magic felt like, but this was the first time someone actually 'borrowed' her some of his magic. With a smirk, she watched as a fireball rested in her hand.

"Where do we want to target this?" she asked the dragon, a smirk still resting on her face, as she raised her head towards him.

Zer0ic

Spike smiled, razor sharp teeth filled his mouth as he had three rows of teeth like a shark. "Hit him in the head with the fireball! That's what gets for stealing your cloak," Spike said telepathically. The dragon began hearing her thoughts and looked at her glorious green eyes. Somehow he was capable of talking to her mentally.

Final, understanding why this happened, spike remember when he was just a hatchling he was told, "Never share magic with humans! This will allow them to enter your mind. He realized it worked both ways, because his mind was flooded with her thoughts."

"Wait, don't throw it," he quickly exclaimed. "That is why we can communicate. I, a dragon, shared my magic with you which allows us to see into each other."

Caerina

Khanna slighly gaped at the thoughts of the dragon ringing in her mind. She was utterly confused by the experience since she has never felt anything similar to it. This couldn't be good... Or could it? Khanna wondered whether this was a lucky thing to happen or just another of her crazy misfortunes.

She kept the fireball at her palm, but refrained from throwing it.

"So... What now?" she asked out loud, since she was unaccustomed to telepathy. Khanna looked over to the man who was still walking away with her cloak. Her eyes narrowed at him, because in the end it really seemed like they switched with the cloak and dragon.

"And who is that charming man?" she asked sarcastically as she continued walking, trying to pull herself out of schock.

Zer0ic

"That charming man, as you so put it, is Neroth Arynkhun, a Draconian. He is easy to please and quick to anger," Spike told her.

Spike touches her ruby ring and imbued it with his magic. "Feel free to throw that fireball. I have placed my magic into your ring and please, never let it into the hands of another. I'm placing my trust in you."

Nero stopped and turns around to yell, "Hurry up you slowpokes. I want to drink already." Then he continues to ignore them and walks toward Ketra.

"Yeah, now is probably a good time to hit him with that fireball, because if you don't you'll be on your own with him in the taverns. I'm not allowed in public buildings other than Nero's house and the Dragonriders Barracks." Spike's thoughts transmitted to her showing how much Nero liked to grab girls' bottoms in taverns and she'd be no exception.

Caerina

Khanna had no chance to win a fair fight with him, but she was allowed to use her small tricks. Plus, she was smarter than just killing him or making another enemy, because that was the last type of people she needed. SO, the only way to get her cloak back was to listen to the advice of a dragon.

Khanna bit her lip as she glanced between the fireball on her palm and the man whose back was facing her. She targeted the place between the ground and his feet. Well, since he did wanted them to hurry up, no reason not to get him into the tavern a bit faster.

"The very last thing I need is going to a tavern." she told the dragon "Especially without my cloak. But, since he seems to be in a hurry, let's help him out." Khanna smirked as she released the fireball, high enough to stumle him, but low enough not to hurt him. She didn't intend to hurt him or worsew, just wanted to draw his attention.

Zer0ic

Nero was dreaming of the wonderful taste of beer and grabbing some as... Out of nowhere his feet were hit with a fireball. He tripped and fell, but before hitting the ground he rolled to his feet.

Nero was surprised, a good surprised. "So, you're a mage? Wonderful, I've always wanted to meet a mage so that I may have a duel." Nero walked up to her to have conversation and noticed her beauty. He was awe struck, bewildered, and drooling like a cannibal. What green eyes to contrast well with her elegant red hair he thought to himself. Swallowing he hard in order to talk he said, "You owe me a new cloak. You made me roll onto my current one. Anyways, wouldn't you like to duel?"

"Oh, crap!" Spike thought for the two of them. "He is not going to let this go and there is no way he'll believe we can talk. He is going to duel you."

Caerina

At first, Khanna's instinct was to defend herself, but she was surprised he didn't attack her. Well, she would've attacked anyone who threw a fireball at her. Many have tried in the past, anyway and many have failed. Obviously.

"No, I don't want to duel you." she put her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed "I just want my cloak back."

Her magic wasn't that good, anyway. The only type she was good was were illusions. She could desappear in front of anyone and make people see things that aren't there. Her offesive magic was a weak spot, since she could barely control it. Only fire and ice worked, and those were very poor offensive spells.

Basically, Khanna doubted that she would win in that, so no point in trying anyway. She glanced towards Spike and her grim expression told him that she knew she was in trouble.

Zer0ic

"You mean my cloak? You can't have my cloak," Nero said as if he really did own the cloak.

Spike immediately thought, "Here it comes."

Nero then said, "If you duel me or out drink me I'll happily give you my cloak, but if I win I get that ring around your finger and a kiss." He winked with a big grin on his face.

"Yup, saw it coming." Spike started planning on how she could beat him at his own game and then it came to him. "You are not going to like this idea, because you're going to have to go to a tavern with him. Your mind link to mine has shown me your illusion magic. Take his offer to have a drinking contest. Drink a few rounds with him and when he isn't expecting it trick him into thinking you've won," he told her.

Caerina

Khanna didn't know what was worse, his proposal or the fact that she actually hated drinking. She frowned slightly, thinking what should she do, because performing an illusion on someone with powers was more challenging than performing it on an ordinary human. Also, nobody ever said she wouldn't be drunk after a few drinks...

"That's not fair." she told him, angrily with a frown. The ring was out of the question. It was too important for her to give to anyone. Not to mention her new dragon friend and it's powers. A kiss wasn't something she wanted to bargain with, it was her last resort, only when she was in unescapable situations and when she could use nothing else.

First, she needed to lower the standards of the bargain, if she could. To get her cloak back with least effort possible. But, she needed to win either way and that was a hard thing to do, seeing as he was the type of person who would do just about anything to win. Just like her.