Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another Path of Dreams (Imaginary)

Started by Tak, October 12, 2013, 07:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

It was lushful. Wonderful. Baihua was jumping around with the wind on his face... It was dream-like. But it was no dream. He was the God of Dreams. He loved dreams...
And there he was.... frolicking. Running. Jumping. He was almost... playing.

His power was great and could be sensed easily, but he feared nothing. NOTHING.

EDIT= It is a dream.

(I'm reusing the original Path of Dreams intro)

Imaginary

Arthanakos could rarely tell when he was dreaming, but occasionally he could. Still, it was not something he thought about often. The path was clear, the grass was green, everywhere was generally a bit too beautiful. It almost looked like a painting, but he appreciated it nonetheless. It was peaceful.

He walked through the plains and occasionally picked a flower, which he would smell, though none had a no scent. He would then throw them away. Despite the serene environment, something felt wrong, almost as if there had been an invasion of his privacy.

Tak

In the far off distance was Baihua, looking towards Arkathanos. By a blink of his eyes, he disappeared. Baihua was behind him. He roared, and somehow Arkathanos knew it meant "Hello Arkathanos. I am Baihua, The God of Dreams." Baihua knew what Arkathanos was thinking about. "I am always in dreams. Most don't recognise me. But I am bored. Who are you?".

Imaginary

Arthanakos took another step, then felt a wisp of wind behind him. Well, not wind, but the interpretation of wind in a dream, like there was something behind him. Upon turning around, he realized there was. A white lion, staring at him with large eyes. For several moments, Arthanakos simply stared back, unsure what to make of it.

It spoke, and Arthanakos listened.

"God of dreams." The werewolf repeated after the lion. Almost as if it was a question. The entire thing was surreal. "How do you know my name?" He paused, and took a brief look around to see if there were any other intruders in his mind. "I am the white wolf, Arthanakos. First and only werewolf of my clan, seeker of balance. Why have you invaded my dream?"

Tak

"Invade your dream?" Baihua laughed. "I did not invade any dream, as dreams where built around me, by me. I know your name because you thought your name in a dream, I am the master of dreams therefore I currently have fully power over you, thus making me able to read you."

"You are privileged to see me... atleast act like it."
"What are seeing around you is a dream of Serantil Valley."
Baihua disappeared then reappeared  behind him. again.

Imaginary

"I don't believe in priviledges," was Arthanakos' response, just as the god disappeared, causing the wolf to look about, before spotting the lion behind him again. He did not particularly like having to turn this way and that during a conversation, but said nothing about it.

"I get the impression there is something in particular you want, otherwise I would not be able to see you. What is it?"

Tak

"My reason? I don't need a reason, I'm a God. I do what I want and I do it well. I need no reason, yet I still have one... Curiosity. I was the third thing ever to is. 4 years before existence. I lived for a long time... and recently I decided to make myself susceptible to the feeling 'Curiosity'."

"Now tell me. Tell me everything you know. If you do, you can get a glimpse of the future."

Imaginary

Arthanakos smirked faintly, and turned a bit to the side, as if pondering. He arched a brow at the god's request, folding his arms across his chest as he looked down at the roaring lion.

"Everything I know is a lot of things. I have lived six millenia, and have been active for most of that time. I know a lot. So much I fear there is not enough time for me to rehash most of it. And that is simply of what I do remember."

Tak

"The lines between thought and speech are thin when dreaming. All you have to do is remember. All you have to do is think of the times. What is it like, being Mortal? Being beatable? Being treated bad? Tell me all, you re not missing anything in the physical world"

Imaginary

Arthanakos listened to the god, then smiled as he lowered himself gently into a seating position on the lush and soft ground. He looked into the eyes of the lion, who was now face level with him.

"So how does this work?" the wolf asked, "I just lay back, remember it all, and you see what I am thinking?" He paused, trying to think of what in particular might be of interesting in his long life, "If you would like to know about all those things you just spoke of, perhaps you might be interested in the tale of my brother, god of dreams?"

Tak

"All. It works like that. Just remember. We are not missing anything in the mortal realm"
Near bye where Albino dolphins jumping in and out of the land like it where water. "Tell all". Near them where a pack of Albino gorillas migrating. "Tell all". Above them was a 5000 meter long albino bird. "Tell all"

"Also, as this is your dream, you are second in charge of it. If you concentrate, you can make things with your mind out of thin air. Try it, Arkathanos."

Imaginary

Arthanakos lay on his back, and gradually closed his eyes, allowing his memories to flood his mind.

He went back over six thousand years beforehand, to his time as a human. He remembered his clan, living peacefully as nomads wandering the mountainsides over and over, living naturally off the earth. He showed the god images of this early life, and this struggle to survive when surrounded by natural predators much larger and deadlier than themselves.

Tak

"Show me more and a glimpse of your future will be shown."
Baihua started to tend to the giant beanstalk that reached to the heavens that came out of nowhere. It was Baihua's creation. Then the Nomads and the beasts Arkathanos remembered appeared. Arkathanos made these.

Imaginary

Arthanakos opened his eyes and allowed them to flit about.

"I'm not sure I want to see my future, god of dreams. Such priviledges are for those whose lives are finite."

He closed his eyes again and thought back to how he was first changed, the actions of his brother, at that time a novice witch. It was his brother whose spells had called the early wolves into his tribe. His clan had been victimized by the blood thirsty beasts, while Arthanakos' life had been permanently changed by it.