Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This better be important! (Imaginary)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, October 13, 2013, 09:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

He should have been in bad hours ago. He should have quit obsessing over the black coin that hung around his neck, but, alas, the Duke did not. It had been bothering him for a long while what the two words inscribed upon its dark surface meant, and so far, he had found no answer.

So, there he sat in his library, pondering what the words meant. It was becoming evident to him as the hours went by that he would get nowhere without sleep, so he began dozing off.... Until a guard came in.

"Sir, there is a visitor at the door. Shall we let them in?" Asked the guard, much to Faolán's displeasure.

"Yes, yes, let them in." He said, waving the guard away. I hope this is important....

Imaginary

Arthanakos looked to Vhalynn, his hired mercenary and the one who had led him here just as the doors opened. As powerful as the werewolf was, he did not possess the Scrying magic necessary to find what he was looking for, however Vhalynn did. Vhalynn also possessed combat skills, and served as a bodyguard, which ensured that Arthanakos did not have to engage in violence. All in all, it was a good hire.

When the doors opened and they were gestured in, both men walked into the expansive area, Vhalynns left hand resting on the hilt of his blade, while Arthanakos' eyes darted about, taking in most of the scenery.

In the end his eyes fell on the one they came here to see, the dragon slayer, Pendragon. He had what they were looking for, and Arthanakos already had a fairly good plan on how they could acquire it without things turning sideways. He would prefer for the entire thing to run its course peacefully.

"Sir Duke," Arthanakos said, bowing his head slightly, "My name is Arthanakos. I have searched for you for some time."

Vhalynn stood to the side, silent, ever alert and ready to pounce in the event that Arthanakos was in any sort of danger. His eyes swept around the room like a predator, locking in a nasty glare aimed at Pendragon, before flitting about the area again.