Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chocolate Covered Cherries (M)

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 03:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Jinai cut Jude a look but held her tongue, and just continued to keep dancing with him, her eyes boring into Vesirk as he danced with their red-headed friend.
"Don't worry about it." Really, it was her plan after all! Why did he have to know all of the details anyways? And it was much, much, much less conspicuous than food or a drink! No one would ever guess he'd die from a kiss!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude frowned a little and he pursed his lips at the response and just held her closer.  He watched Vesrik out of the corner of his eye but then kept them back to Jinai.  "All right then.  Have it your way.  I know you're as good as thinking on your feet as you are light on them," he gave her a sweet grin and peered across to Vesrik once more.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

As the music changed, instead of pushing her partner away, she requested, "Let's keep dancing." At least this way, she wouldn't seem too eager to cut in.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude grinned at her, but it quickly softened before he peered over at Vesrik then back to her.  He knew the drill, even without her saying it and moved her through the changing couples on the dance floor and danced ever closer to the fat little rat.  And boy did he look like one too.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Not ready yet to dance with a masked rat, Jude would sense her hesitation far too obviously as suddenly, she took the lead in the dance and guided him away from the visor. She didn't even look at Jude as she did it, as they began to dance farther and farther away... eventually, the two were tat the edge of the dancing floor, and it was here she broke away,...
but she was no where near Vesrik as she made a b-line for a servant with a drink tray. She'd need all she could get for this one, as she snatched up two goblets and began to drink.

Lion

When they parted on the dance floor, Jude remained beside her as she grabbed both drinks.  Assuming she needed both for herself, to get her bearings at least, Jude got his own and took a sip of wine, letting his tongue savor the taste.  "Hey," he said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder.  "You can do this.  Just take a deep breath.  Real quick, in and out, whatever you plan is.  Do it fast and then it's done."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Drinking down the first wine quickly, she turned to Jude when he put his hand on her shoulder, but didn't let her eyes meet to his. Instead, she stared down at the floor with a frown.
"I know that.. but I still have to be tactful.." and sometimes, that required her to bide her time.

Lion

"All right then," he murmured.  "Fair enough.  But if you need me for anything, anything at all.  You  name it, I'll do it.  I'm on your side," he quickly added.  He took another bitter sip of his sweet wine and set the glass back on a passing tray. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

After a long moment of silence, Jinai slowly lifted her head. His words struck a chord with her, and sick ideas twisted inside her head. She would't ask him to do it, but part of her wondered...
"You'd do anything for me?" she gave a hollow smile, her eyes not quite meeting his. "Even kill?"

Lion

Jude's grin grew a little smaller at the question she posed, but he just gave her a playful shrug.  "Shedding blood has never been my style, darling," he answered.  "I mean I'll be there when you need me."  He looked across to Vesrik and then back to her.  "Well?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his words, she continued to ignore him, the second drink in her hand not even touched. ALls he could see was her target, the people dancing even a blur, even Jude was a blur.
"You say that but you're only letting yourself be used," she muttered sorely beneath her breath, before setting her drink aside and stalking off towards her prey, not even bothering to say thank you or goodbye.

Lion

"What else is new," Jude replied to himself in her wake.  He knew whatever it was she had planned was risky and that the most he could do for her was watch her make her move.  It was a horrible feeling, one he tried to stifle with another drink, that did nothing, and taking a deep breath, but even that didn't alleviate the apprehension.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was time to change dances, and a pretty and coy smile from Jinai easily lead Vesrik in her direction. Though Renna was something he could buy, even Vesrik was a cheap man and liked the refine tastes of a noble lady. Seeing a new woman, a jackal of all things (which Jinai soon found out- how ironic- the man was a dog breed himself!) Though his costume was difficult to tell at best, for he looked more like some black-fat wolf, than anything else, she supposed.

Either way, the two dogs were hitting it off- and soon, Vesrik and Jinai were swept off to dance. It was then Renna tapped Jude upon the arm.

"Ok, Swan King, what's going on?" And she peered up into his eyes with a worried pout. "What is Jinai doing with Vesrik?"

Lion

Jude peered across to Renna and gave her a cold smile, though it was not because of her.  It was empty and he watched them from the sidelines.  "Your guess is as good as mine.  I guess the best thing to do right now is to just wait and see," he replied to her.  "But I suppose if you want a closer look, would you like to dance?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna felt her heart pounding a bit faster out of fear.
"Oh.. " and she looked from Jinai, back to Jude, then to Jinai again before she decided, "Yes." And she took him by the arm and assumed the position. "Let's dance."

Lion

Jude smirked at Renna, really in an effort to keep his own emotions in check, and swept her across the dancefloor.  She was well trained and a much better dancer than Jinai, so it was easy to lead her across the floor.  He smiled as they moved and he lead them this way and that until they were just a few people away from Vesrik and Jinai.  And he peered at them from the corner of his eyes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Jude.. I have to tell you something important," Renna said as they neared the other couple. "I think Vesrik is selling off mages." And she paused to look at his surprised face. "But you have to keep this a secret!"

Lion

Jude at blinked at what she told him, his focus having mostly been on Vesrik and Jinai.  "Doing what?  How do you know?  Can you prove it?" Jude asked, leaning in closer to keep the words between them. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna frowned and looked hastily around.
"YOu know my gift of magic? Well.. I heard them." she said, peering up into his eyes. "I don't know if I can prove it, but I heard him say something along those lines. Apparently he has a list on him he aims to pass off to somebody else. It's a list of the tradesmen who will be coming into port this month to export them.. and it seems the list is quite extensive! Oh, Jude! What can we do? Think of all of those people! To think, they'll be sold into slavery!"

Lion

Jude didn't know what to make of such news, but one thing was for sure, they couldn't make light of it.  So Jude nodded to Renna and blinked, looking between Jinai, Vesrik, then back to her.  "We'll have to find that list then, at least.  Then we'll have to think of something more solid.  Perhaps switch the cargo list."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn