Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Apple Fritters and First Kiss Jitters

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

That pleading look in his eyes was enough to break her as she let out a soft sob, "He.. he said he needed to talk to my mother about collecting something... that.. that he needed the time with you away so he could get it from er. He.. he was going on about it being some important artifact that could protect you- to save your life, and if he didn't retrieve it soon, you, your sister, even he might die." And she felt her eyes well up wiht tears. "PLease.. please don't be angry. I agreed to.. I... I was only trying to help!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Ah. So it was exactly what he thought, then. Laighean's jaw set. Typical, hypocritical Draven. Only he could save the fucking world.Laighean shook his head, "An' you believed 'im?  A complete stranger? You know 'im even less than ye know me, an' ye 'ardly know me!" Now that thought worried him. "Goddess, he's so stupid!" But he couldn't pursue Draven since the man was probably trying to butter up Melora. An' ah danne know what pack o' lies he pulled outta 'is ass , but 'e's still gonna be 'ard pressed stealin' tha' pendant from 'er. She's nae gonna give it away an'  'e won't be able to get close enough t' 'er but... He looked at Aella, "Aella, 'e's gonna steal from yer mother." He gestured to his throat, "Ye know the pendant she wears around 'er neck? Tha's an Aeronan heirloom , but it's more than tha' . There's very dangerous magic in it." He put his hands on her shoulders, "Ah know tha's soundin' crazy t' ye, but tha's why ah'm 'ere. In yer mother's possession, it's quite 'armless because there's a trick t' usin' th' thing tha' she doesn't know, but tha' thing needs to be returned 'ome an' purified o' dark magics or bad things will 'appen. "

visualspice

Despite feeling guilty, despite feeling wrong- the emotions that were churning inside her suddenly erupted as she stood up from her chair.
"Then we must help her!" she exclaimed, and if he were to wonder who, she quickly informed him. "My mother!" she took his hands, her eyes full of fear. "If that necklace is as dangerous as you claim, I might be able to get it off of her. But it won't be easy. She keeps her jewelry under lock and key... but if it means protecting her, well us,well, my family and yours.. I'll do it."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

The surprise was so clear on Laighean Flannchadh's face, "Ye- wha-?" He blinked a couple times and stared at her with his mouth hanging slightly ajar. He shook his head  , "Ye-mean -really? Ye'd 'elp . Joost like tha'? " How could this lass be related to that ice-witch of a duchess? "Oh! 'appy day!" He threw his arms around Aella and hugged her and then realized that these Connlaothians were not all that touchy-feely with strangers and released her from his embrace and stepped back quickly, "Sorry. Ah joost- thank ye, princess. Thank ye. "

Better to have Aella help them than for Draven to do it alone.   

visualspice

Aella was smiling, and it was a smile she could not erase, nor could she erase the blush on her cheeks either.
"Don't thank me yet. It's.. it's the least I can do. I mean... to try, anyway. I don't know how easy it would be to get any of the jewels from my mother..." Especially if it was  favorite one she wanted to wear alot! "But I think I know which one you're talking about. It's an heirloom one. I always thought it was a bit.. eerie."

Paradox

This was just too easy and that bothered him.

"Woah, woah, woah! Back up 'ere. Did ye listen t' me? Ah joost said it was Aeronan. And you... danne think ah'm insane or something?" He suddenly grabbed Aella's shoulders and gave her a slight shake, "Ah came out o' yer closet! I tried kidnap ye! Ah'm a mage! An' nae ah'm talkin' t' ye aboot a kingdom tha's dead for centuries an' you are joost gonna go along wi' this? "

Wait. Why was he trying to make her see reason when she was willing to help?

Well, maybe because he was worried. If he wasn't himself, he'd probably try to take advantage of her in some way. Oh Goddess! What if another man did?

visualspice

Aella just stared at Laighean, and she wished his language barrier still got in the way of her understanding him as she replied, nervously, "Well, the thing of it is.. I... well, to be honest, I don't know how to react to a story like that, Laighean- but I saw how troubled both you and your brother both have been over this necklace. If.. if it'll help you both, help your family.. then why not? I mean, that is to say, I couldn't just do nothing! That would be horrible!"
But he did bring up a good point, and she felt herself sweat a little over the idea- and maybe get a bit dizzy as she sighed.
"Besides, I know all of that aside, you're not a bad person. Or else you would't be so kind now as to keep me company." And at that, she smiled. "Especially, considering you should be really angry with me right now."
After all- Draven had duped her into duping him!

Paradox

Aella's reasoning made enough sense and it warmed him. He stepped forward and kissed her cheek. It was a simple and innocent gesture for someone like Laighean, "Yer a sweet, lass, Aella. " If he didn't have such a good notion of what her mother was like, he would have puzzled over why she wasn't married.

He moved away, "Alright then, but for this t' work, ah dannae think we should be seen t'gether. I ah...." He felt a little hesitant to admit it. "Ah sorta met yer mother 'afore ye came back an' she sort of...well, she wasn't very ....uh...she was scary. She dinnae recognize me since she's ne'er seen me face before, but ah did sorta introduce meself as Bryant Shanley and she might 'ave thought ah was interested in courtin' ye.  " He laughed because the idea of marriage was silly! But then added politely, "Oh nae tha' ah -well, ah'm sure if ah was Connlaothian nobility , ah'd probably - " No, maybe best not to go there. "Ah should joost stop talking nae, aye? "

visualspice

Aella was taken off guard by the kiss, and found herself stiffening and going red. Though at his words, she slowly smiled and curtsied to him before leaning forward and pecking him softly on the cheek in return.
"I understand." But then her eyes narrowed as she moved to poke him. "And what do you mean my mother is scary?" SHe had a hunch but- it was amusing to think a boy would find her own mother frightening!
Then again... she had seen her mother's temper and it was a force to be reckoned with!

"So.. you pretended to be a Shanley?" She made a face, but had to laugh. "I thought those men had longer beards. But my mother hardly associates with them, so I could see why she'd buy it."

Paradox

(( Aella knows House Shanley and their beardly reputation. I am impressed!))

Laighean looked wounded and stroked his goatee, " Ah'm in the process o' growin' one, princess but a nice respectable beard takes time, ye know? " Inwardly, he wanted to cry. Why did she have to go and point out one of his insecurities? Well, not that she probably knew about that but still! Laighean's expression shifted to curiosity now, "So ye are familiar with the Shanleys? Yer mother dinnae seem t' be impressed. Not a respectable family, the Shanleys? "

Now it was Laighean's turn to blush, "And, well, ah...see- ah'm not really - did ah say scared o' yer mother? N-no, no. Ye must 'ave mis'eard me. What ah really meant t' say was tha' she uh...her face an' - ah mean , ah dannae get scared o' nothin' ! We Flannchadhs are fearless like tigers! Rrrrawrrr! " He puffed out his chest and gave a growl that was anything but fearsome. Actually, it was more silly than anything else. "Ah mean ,maybe ah might 'ave felt a wee bi' uh...nervous under her stare of doom, kinda like she was lookin' right throgh me skin and seein' somethin' she dinnae like ,but ah was only joost a bi' intimidated."

visualspice

For the life of her, Aella could not stifle her laugh at his roar.
"Really, you're not so ferocious," she teased, taking a step nearer to him before making a jab towards his belly. "I mean, I bet if I were to call for my mother now..." and she turned to step away, acting as if she were just about to go do just that!

Paradox

(( lol and then Melora comes in and scares the crap out of them both!))

Laighean's eyes widened at the mention of calling for her mother. His face flushed and he opened his mouth slightly to protest. No, no. She couldn't be serious? Was she ? Without even thinking about it, Laighean panicked grabbed her by the shoulder, "No! Nae tha'!"

But then he realized how silly he was being and crossed his arms, "Ah mean...oh sure. Fine! Go call 'er. She'd probably be mad at th' both of us! Ah mean, it's nae like she approves of me bein' alone with ye. " He smirked. "Ah'm not thinkin' she'll buy the date practice excuse either."   

visualspice

Aella placed her hands upon her hips and gave him a mean, but playful glare.
"Oh, really? Well, let me just go get her no-"
And then she stopped abruptly as her face went white when she over heard her mother's voice on the other side of the door.
"Aella?"
And she froze.

Paradox

Laighean's face paled when he heard Melora's voice on the other side of the door and immediately his eyes were searching for an escape route. If the mean, old, witchy duchess of Hellvion found him here alone with her daughter...she'd probably scream , "Off with his head!" or something horrible like that!

His wide eyes shot to Aella and he mouthed the words, 'Hide me.' to her before he ultimately gave up and dove behind the couch they'd been sitting on earlier.

visualspice

Laighean wasn't the only one that wanted to hide. Her mother could't catch her alone, so a squeak later had her tottering behind the same couch and tryign to shimmy under it and hide along with him.
"Make room! I can't be caught, either! I shouldn't be found alone! She'll kill me!"

Paradox

Laighean gasped when Aella joined him. Fearful that Melora would hear him, he whispered, "Don't ye think it's a wee bi' pointless to be 'idin' when she knows yer 'ere!?" He was not about to let her hog his hiding space and would not budge when she tried to push her way in. The space was small , cramped. Hardly enough room for the both of them, but he let her through anyhow because, well, he couldn't resist an opportunity like that! He certainly wouldn't cop a feel- no, well , he wouldn't try to but with Aella pressed so close to him, he did feel a couple things. A pity that her damned dress was mostly in the way!   

" Ah! Hehe...soft.  "Ah dinnae peg ye t' be one o' th' fast movin' relationship types, princess, but if ye wanne skip all th' fancy words n' all, we can get t' th' smoochin' 'n pettin'. Ah 'ave nae objections t' practicin' tha'. "

visualspice

Aella wiggled in beside him whether he liked it or not, but at his words, she gasped and would have slapped him, but an elbow to his gut was quicker (and closer). She made a face, and was about ready to chew him out when she heard her mother's voice again.
"Aella, darling, are you in here?"
And that's when the door clicked open.

Horrified, Aella suddenly tensed as she leaned in against Laighean, spotting her mother's heeled shoes clicking against the floor.
"Aella?" She heard her mother's voice again as the floor boards groaned beneath her. Aella thought she was goign to die, for her mother remained in the center of hte room, unmoving. But after a few minutes, she walked back out the door and closed it. And all Aella could do was sweat and stare.

Paradox

Laighean winced once when Aella's elbow rammed hard into his ribcage and winced a second time when he heard Melora call out for Aella again. He heard the door opening and he held his breath and prayed to the Guardian that the woman wouldn't find him.Because , if he was going to be caught he'd rather it have been something a little more risqué such as being caught in the sheets with the duchess's daughter. Yes, his mind went there. Often.

However, there were no dirty thoughts in his mind when Melora entered the room and walked around. He too drew closer to Aella and clutched onto her, his skin pale and sweating. He held his breath, watching intently as the duchess's heels moved across the floor and paused right in front of where he and Aella were hiding. As soon as he heard the door open and close again, Laighean let out a sigh of relief , "Tha' was close." He said .

And speaking of close...his hands were awfully close to her bosoms!

visualspice

At first, Aella was too stunned to move, but once her wits returned, she could have swore she was shaking.
"By Angsar's might, what am I doing?"

Paradox

Laighean offered comically, "Hiding from yer mother behind a couch with strange ,but very handsome man that ye might be feelin' a sudden craving t' exchange a couple o' smooches with?" He let go of her and wiggled his way out from their hiding place. He rose to his feet and stretched his limbs. " Aw, ye cannae tell me yer 'avin' second thought nae, princess." Well, it wouldn't surprise him because a woman's mind could only be so vacillating like that!