Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just a stroll... (OPEN)

Started by Tak, November 09, 2013, 04:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

OOC and Plotting

There he was. Walking.

Ardeadea didn't wander the mortal plane often, but it was good. A group of Nomads where tracking him, following him... Ardeadea knew this, but wasn't bothered to do anything about it. A dozen nomads with barbaric clothes and primitive weapons jumped at him. With a few swings of his axe, they where all dead.

He continued walking.

Katie

That was the most boring thing I have ever done in my life, Iraz grumbled. They could at least have given us a section of the border where things happen.

You hate it when we get those assignments, too, you big baby, she sent. Iraz rolled their eyes. 

Fatoumata checked the straps on the saddle one last time and then climbed into the seat. She buckled herself in. Hey-up! With a bone-jarring jerk, Iraz took off. 

They took the route over the Serha Plains--maybe a little more dangerous, but definitely shorter. And this high up, nothing could get at them. Unless they chose to land--which they weren't going to, because Fatoumata had made sure everything either of them might need to be on the ground for had been taken of before they got up in the air--then nothing could reach them. 

Nothing physical, anyway. 

The death-shock hit her so hard she pitched sideways. She'd gotten lazy, let her shields down, something she always did at this altitude, because she was out of range of everything but this. Ten at least. Maybe more. All at once. Iraz went stiff, their wings stopped beating, and the pair of them dropped thirty feet before Fatoumata got a grip on herself and locked everything down. 

"We're going to see just what in the hells that was," she said shakily. She'd've liked nothing more than to get as far away from it as possible, but she was a knight. Knights ran to. Besides, Iraz was a lot of muscle that breathed fire. Who could ask for better backup?

They swooped downwards. Below them, a black dot grew gradually clearer. And so did a feeling of wrongness. Not human. With a thump, Iraz landed before him, and Fatoumata freed herself from the saddle and slid off, a hand on her sword.

[Don't feel obligated to match, I always get like this with my first post in a thread.]

Tak

"Who dares? Who are you?"
His Axe was as sharp as ever, ready for an attack/to be attacked.
He analyzed them. A Dragon and a Dragon-rider. Hmm... "Who sent you? Was it a mortal Government?". He almost laughed at the thought.

In one hand he had his Axe, in the other was a fireball ready to shoot.

Katie

It took all the self-control she had not to back up a step. Instead, she cracked open her shields the tiniest bit and let Iraz in. Sure, this was trouble, but she wasn't alone in it. She was never alone.

"I'm a knight of Adela," she said, putting on her authoritative voice. "I came myself. That many deaths together make a mightily loud noise. Who're you?" What she'd wanted to ask was what are you, but she didn't want to offend him into attacking. She had no idea how strong he was yet.

Then, because she had to, she added, "And what'd you kill them for?"

Tak

Ardeadai frowned. You couldn't see it through his mask though.
"You do not deserve to know my name or my family, you're probably just a spy". Ardeadai hated spies. Unless they where a Demon Spy. "I kill them because... part self-defense part boredom."

Her muscles twitched. She grew more calculating. She was ready for action. She was focused, too. She was ready for an attack.

"Now, Gimme your soul!" Shouted Ardeadai as he got his axe and tried to hit her leg.

Katie

Fatoumata swore and flung up a shield. She had just enough to realize that she'd misjudged the force of the swing before it buckled under the axe and slammed into her thigh. Crying out, she fell hard and rolled backwards, trying not to project the pain onto Iraz. The axe hadn't cut her. But she was bruised all the way down to the bone.

Alright, then. Fine. He wanted to fight? They'd fight. But not like this. She stood shakily and backed into the shadow of her dragon.

Iraz drew their head up and breathed a stream of fire.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz appeared in a burst of flame and dark magic, staring intently at his son.

"All wrong. Brute force is not your only weapon, Ardeadai. There are much better ways of acquiring souls, and I have found the bonds between rider and Dragon... Problematic." Kirnardaz decided to teach his son something useful.

"And besides. Friends are always useful." Kirnardaz sent a psychic message to his son, subtly hiding it in his corruptive aura.

"Dragons and their Rider's share a unique bond, that when harnessed in it's full, is exceptionally powerful. However, devouring it is impossible. It is simply to big for you to devour. Even I have problems assimilating their combined souls, as their psychic link is simply another problem. Befriend them. Corrupt their souls, try and convert them. Then if all else fails, use your knowledge of them to bring them low and absorb the bond itself." Kirnardaz sent almost a mini-lesson to his son in that message.

"Please excuse my son's behaviour, he's still young, and has much to learn." He directed this comment at Fatoumata and Iraz, addressing the pair as one.

Tak

Ardeadai frowned. You ruined the fun. It isn't the best time to befriend someone just after you nearly killed them. Ardeadai took a step back, not physically communicating with the  dragon or it's rider. I'll just kill them them? Please?

At times, Ardeadai was like a child with Anger issues. But he was obedient, yet that didn't mean he wouldn't question and plead. You could not see it, but Ardeadai's eyes were closed. They are but simple mortals. Brute Force may not be my only weapon, but it is the strongest.

Katie

What the hells.

They were talking to each other, but she couldn't hear a thing. The hum of the big one's aura was making it hard for her to hear herself think. Then the big one spoke aloud--what was he trying to say? That this was a mistake children made all the time?

"He just tried to kill me," Fatoumata said. "I dunno where you're from, but here it's--it's no small thing."

She had to get out of here. Unfortunately, mounting Iraz with that bruise was going to hurt and she'd need time. If she could, she'd just have them carry her, but it was too long a flight home.

Wicked Basket

A stranger appeared seemingly out of nowhere and approached the group. He wore ordinary clothes, nothing exciting, and had short black hair and was cleanly shaven.
"It's quite a lovely day for a stroll," he commented. He then turned to Ardeadai. "That is no way to treat a woman," the man scoulded. "They are delicate creatures you know."
The stranger then turned to Kirnardaz. "Long time, no see, my friend," he said with a grin.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz was about to say something, until he heard Darkaroth talk. His mind went into a frenzy of activity, running through incantations and images of his only love.

"Let us take this away from here, Darkaroth? No need to let the children see this.... Remember what I said Ardeadai." Kirnardaz began to walk away, leaving the dragon rider and his son to interact, as Kirnardaz waited for Darkaroth to follow.

((Hey, Wicked, shall we set up a different thread for this? I was thinking that it would be something that no-one would want to interact with is all! And I don't want to disrupt this thread too badly, as it's an open thread))

Wicked Basket

"But I just got here," he said throwing his arm over Ardeadai's shoulders. "Don't you think Junior should know? You can keep it a secret forever."

(OOC I wasn't planning to full on duke-it-out right here. I was thinking more of an introduction or sample. The real thing would get its own thread. I was planning on this just being a minor dispute to make known to Ardeadai that Darkaroth and Kirnardaz have encountered each other in the past. Maybe other people could walk in on it to cut the spat short due to all the winesses. Who wouldn't want to walk in on a god fight? But we can make it its own thread if you wish.)

Tak

"I know that voice. Darkaroth."
They knew each other. "What are you talking about? and why does this matter?" asked Ardeadai as he readied with weapons. With a telekinetic power, the dragon and it's rider found themselves near-unable to move. Ardeadai had a keen ear. If they moved away, he may be able to hear.

Wicked Basket

"Always so ready to start swinging," Darkaroth said with a smile. "Release the dragon rider. She can't do any harm. You really need to work on your people skills. Lower your axe. It won't do you any good." Darkaroth chuckled darkly.

Tak

Ardeadai did not like being bossed around by anyone but his father. Darkaroth told him to lower his axe, but he did not take orders from Darkaroth. He took orders from Kirnadaz. He sighed, looking to his father, waiting for instruction.

Brisinger987

((OOC: Wait for Katie after this post guys!))

"ARDEADAI! ENOUGH!" Kirnardaz snapped, trees nearby bursting into flames before extinguishing as his voice lowered.

"I'm not going to say this again... Darkaroth... We will take this elsewhere.... I'm not in the best mood anyway..." Kirnardaz walked away. "I will expect an honourable being to follow me Darkaroth. Unless you're a coward?"

Katie

This situation had gone downhill first. One of them, she'd been reasonably sure she and Iraz could take, or at least get out of a fight with without dying. Two of them had been bad. Three? Fatoumata was seriously beginning to doubt their chances of getting out alive. Her best chance was they'd all agree she was harmless and she'd be able to mount up and get the hells out of there.

Of course, that meant the small one would have to let her go first.

One of the big ones was leaving, and she wasn't sure if the other one was going to follow him, but she had to take her chance while it was there. Fatoumata opened her connection with Iraz further. She could feel their fear and outrage--she'd have to be careful, because she was just as scared, and a loop wouldn't help. Boost me. She took the power and as little of the emotion as she could, and slammed against the telekinetic hold with all her mental strength.

Wicked Basket

Darkaroth appeared behind Kirnardaz and spoke over his right shoulder.

"Well, we certainly don't want people to mistake me for a coward."

Darkaroth then vanished and reappered again talking over Kirnardaz's right shoulder.

"But I also can't have people think I'm an honorable being."

He disappeared once more and appeared next to Ardeadai.

"Why don't you let her go and come along? She clearly wants to break free and I think you'll find our topic of discussion quite intriguing."

Darkaroth vanished yet again and appeared walking over Kirnardaz's head as if there was solid ground beneath his feet.

"Your son really needs to work on his people skills. That's a sign of bad parenting."

Darkaroth appeared next to Kirnardaz and spoke softly into his ear.

"I wonder what his mother would say."