Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Creme Caramel

Started by visualspice, November 10, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"What do you mean.. made a choice?" Dekka growled softly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Why, oh, why did he have to show up tonight??

She slumped back in her seat to frown at him.

"I love him."  It felt ridiculously hard to say.  Three simple words...  "As much as I ever loved you."  She never could choose between them, and that was part of the problem!  "I can't ask you to stay here and put yourself in danger for me.  And you can't just show up here and ask me to run away with you after being gone for two years."

And, well, she was married...

visualspice

"But we already knew it would have to be this way," he growled. "And if you think I'm fucking going to take this, after you drag me back here when I tried to fucking leave you ten minutes ago- tell me you might have had my child that died, then try to fucking slap THIS in my face? Yeah.. well.. Fuck you, Kathryn! Fuck you and all of your pretty parties and rich men you sleep with because it's your duty. You didn't marry him for love, remember that. You told me that enough times when we were fucking in his very room!"

He was so pissed off that he moved to turn away from her. This was bullshit.
"And don't tell me what I can and can't do, 'princess'," he growled as he stood before the window, threatening to leave again. "Because unlike you, I can do whatever the fucking hell I want. And I can at least make some god damn fucking choices on my own, instead of fucking leading a man on just to fuck him in the end. Well, I know how this story ends, Kathryn. And only one of us will be screwed, and it sure as shit ain't going to be me. You know that man is an ass, a pompous fool, yet you bought into him. I see you going for that drink, that was never like you. But here you are, drunk like the rest of your flock,a nd living the same ignorant life style as they. Fucking pathetic. ANd i don't buy that garbage about you loving me. Love don'd come that easily, Kathryn. But maybe you've forgotten that because life is always a purchase for you, never a seed sowed in your own field. Fuck you. All of you" Then instead of heading for the window, he headed straight for the door!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn opened her mouth, then shut it again.  She hadn't wanted him to leave mad...  She had wanted him to see that she had loved him, once...

And, it was true -- she was desperate to have Calent love her.  She was desperate to have anyone love her.  Maybe, if he had come along first, she would have gone with him...but, instead...

And, then, suddenly, she looked up and realized...  "Where are you going?"

visualspice

"I'm leaving this party. But not without making my fucking exit mark," he growled, and moved to open the door.

Ivory

"Dekka..."

What was he?  5?

She didn't rise from the couch, however; instead, she simply sighed in defeat and slumped back against the cushions.

This was like her worst nightmare.  All of it.

visualspice

He didn't even hear her speak as he yanked the door open and stormed out. The guards, startled, got a good look at his smirk before the fox took off into the crowd, leaving the pair of guards yammering and looking back inside the room.

"Grand Duchess Kathryn... Are you alright?"

Ivory

Angsar above, had he always been such an impetuous, reckless ass, or had he changed in their years apart as well?  This was not how it should have ended...but, honestly, could it have ended any other way?  Especially with him...acting like that, like they had only just seen each other two days ago instead of two years?

The voice of the guard drew her back to the sitting room, and she rose at once.  Calent.  She had to find him and warn him...

Dekka was a dangerous criminal, after all, and a mage...

"You, keep an eye on that fox -- and be subtle, for Angsar's sake.  And you, go tell my husband I need to speak to him immediately.  Then get more eyes on that man.  Mordecai, too."  Especially Mordecai.  "Just watch him for now, unless he does something.  Calent will give you further orders."

God, was this really happening?

It was time to put herself back together...and to begin damage control.

visualspice

He wanted to make a scene. He wanted to scream, and he very well could have. But for fuck's sake...
This night was not going as planned. He was hoping to get back with Kathryn- that things go back to normally, despite all they've been through but...
Now what?

FUCK.
It wasn't meant to be this way- but it seemed nothing was ever meant to be.

"God damn noblewoman," he swore beneath his breath as he made his way towards a more private section of the party. He hadn't really noticed (nor care) if anyone was following him and took up to drinking in the gaming room of the party, letting his mind reel over the events while knocking back a good couple of drinks, one right after the other. He would need it for what he was about to do....

Ivory

After the scene he had been involved in in the ballroom, which, at the time, he had accepted with as much grace and humor as he could manage (after all, sometimes, these things happened), he had retreated as far from the crowd as possible.  His jaw smarted -- but he was trying to optimistically tell himself it would make a good story -- and he was in the act of knocking back a few drinks himself when he noticed a fox who had, apparently, a very similar idea.

"You look like you're trying to forget someone," he observed, holding up a hand to the bartender to leave the bottle.  He poured the man another drink, then himself one as he settled down beside him.  "I assume the ball isn't going as you hoped?"

visualspice

Dekka stared distantly at the drink, but didn't answer at first. Too many thoughts were boiling inside him as he frowned and knocked back what was just poured.
"Nope. It sure fucking has not."

Ivory

Well, well, it seemed Trevian had discovered something interesting after all!

"I do hope you aren't planning on causing a scene," he murmured, taking the anger in the stranger's tone to be intent to do just that.  "It leaves a stain upon a man's reputation to interrupt such a lovely ball, after all.  Unless, of course, you aren't a man to worry about such things."

Like Leif Arrant.  Really!  Just who stormed onto the dance floor and attacked a man like that?

visualspice

Dekka scowled at the words.
Sadly, he was a man that lived for his reputation.
"It's a fucking bore anyways. Something dramatic might liven it up," he grumbled, taking to his drink again for another knock back. Clearly, he wasn't getting drunk enough fast enough, though the buzz and heat was already there.

Ivory

"Or get you arrested," Trev pointed out, watching him down yet another drink.  "And if you don't slow down, the only scene you're going to make is one in which you throw up all over the guards as they throw you out.  If you're lucky, you won't pass out in your own mess."

He really was upset about something...

"Maybe I can help.  Rather than cause a scene, perhaps you'd like to go another route...  It's much more satisfying, I've found, to let someone know you know one of their secrets...and to just let them dangle there while you decide just what you want to do with it.  Now, who has upset you this evening?  Perhaps I know something that could be of use..."

visualspice

Dekka thought about the man's suggestion with a laugh. And then he laughed some more and more before raising his drink to Trev.
"Let's just assume it was the fucking Grand Duchess?" and he tipped the glass his way and allowed himself more to drink, though he was a bit cautious- so he didn't drink the whole thing in one go. This time.. he drank about half.

Ivory

"The Grand Duchess?"  Well, that was a tall order, wasn't it?  Trev downed the rest of his own glass -- just in case they were both about to be arrested and thrown in prison for the rest of their lives.  He would never be able to forgive himself if that occurred before he could finish his drink!

"I can tell you the rumors," Trev allowed cautiously.  There was a knowing sparkle in his eye, but there was also a seriousness in his face.  "Or you can pay for the facts."

He would start with the rumors.  After all, those could be found throughout Connlaoth, and for free!

"According to the juiciest rumor, the Grand Duchess once had a lover, and he fathered a child on her.  But her husband found out, and he killed the man.  And when the child died, the Duchess's heart died with it.  They say she can't even look at her husband anymore."

Ah, that was his favorite.  A little love, a little betrayal...

visualspice

Dekka listened to the words, but after a moment, he sneered.
"How would anyone even know what the Grand Duchess is feeling? It's all just rumors," he muttered.

Ivory

"You really have been gone from Court for a while, haven't you?" Trev asked, honestly surprised.  He gave him a once over, deciding, firmly, that this was no pup who had never come to Court before.  New nobility, perhaps?

"I remember hearing, when they were first married, mixed things about their marriage.  Some felt sorry for the girl, and others thought she might be good for the Duke.  She was young -- vibrant, eager, and sweet.  I'm sure you've noticed the description is no longer a fitting one?"

He tapped the side of his nose.  "The question is, what turned her into a vivacious young girl into a cold and ruthless woman?"

visualspice

"Probably because she's a fool and turning into the 'husband' she loves," he growls. But he only humored the man with that response because well.. he was genuinely curious, even if all he showed was disdain.

Ivory

"Thus, the rumors," Trevian answered smugly, adding, "Although, it's a fairly well-known fact she and her husband have not gotten along in sometime.  Few know the extent, however.  I just happen to know someone who works there and was willing to part with the information."

Trevian, of course, did.  He had a friend -- well, an occasional lover -- whose wife worked in the palace as a maid.  She shared with her husband, and he shared with Trev...  It was a nice little arrangement!