Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Creme Caramel

Started by visualspice, November 10, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes, but that's when you were breaking my heart," he said, tightening his grip on her hands. "A man can't be reasoned with when the one he loves just mortally wounded his heart."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I can hardly excuse myself in the middle of a dance," she answered him coolly.  She stepped away from him to dance beneath the arms of the couple beside them, then twirled back around to meet Dekka again.  "Are you going to threaten me again?" she asked as they rejoined hands.  "Or blackmail me by threatening to tell Calent?"

visualspice

As he recollected her and listened to her words, he seemed unphased as he pressed, "And why would I do that? Tell your husband, that is. That was never in the plan."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Then what is it you mean to do?"  He certainly had seemed bent on doing something when he left earlier.  In all of their time together -- from the moment he had held a knife on her (and she on him), she had never been afraid of him or his power as a mage....because of who he was and what he meant to her.  But, now, although her gaze was as defiant as it ever was, there was a hint of fear lurking behind her eyes...

...Because, only thirty minutes ago, he had proved that she really didn't know him anymore -- not at all.

visualspice

"Bow out gracefully, however it is I can. Though you, yourself, are aware of my... nature." And he took a moment to read her over, though it was apparent both of their playfulness was gone.
"Goodbyes were always my strong suit. But so were my hellos. But I was never a man who was ever any good at an apology." And as the song ended, he kissed her hand. "This is just a night of goodbyes, Kathryn. Remember, we're all at war."
Whether he meant it in any other way but the obvious was still unclear as he rose his head to look at her.
"Your husband approaches." And it seems their conversation was, for the moment, at a close.

"Kathryn.." The Grand Duke approached her side. "We are wanted on an urgent matter. Something has become of Vesrik."
And before Calent had even approached, Dekka had disappeared into the crowd.

Ivory

Kathryn's gaze softened immediately, as though he had held a flame up to butter.   She felt bad, suddenly, for having been cruel to him only a moment ago, but...well...he had been an ass earlier...

"Dekka..."

Why was it, just like that, he had awakened her heart?  Why was it all the men in her life were able to play her heart so well -- when she barely knew it herself?

She was still looking wistfully after him when Calent appeared, and she nodded slightly, even though she had barely heard the words.  "Of course."  Putting her arm through her husband's, she added, "Lead on."

visualspice

It was here Calent lead her aside, and spoke softly only when they were all but alone.

"Vesirk has... taken ill. It was most certainly poison." The Grand Duke informed her with a pensive look. "Though I can not gauge what sort or amount, he is resting up elsewhere for the duration of this event so as not to cause a scene. My men are investigating, I have Zannrick on the case- lead by a few guardsman we could spare. Though whatever information we could have gotten from Vesrik as to the culprit... it seems he was too despaired to be able to speak. We will just have to be cautious. I only tell you this so as to warn you- watch your treats and drinks, Kathryn." And the last part was spoken as he stepped nearer and more intimately to his wife, in a voice just barely above a whisper.

He took a moment just then, to admire her as fingers sifted through her hair.
"How are you fairing this evening? Is everything to your liking?"

Ivory

In spite of not liking the adviser, the news that he may have been poisoned made her unconsciously press a hand over her mouth in alarm.  Instantly, she thought of Dekka...but poison did not seem like something he would use, and he certainly had no reason to target the creep...

...And, besides, in the last two minutes, he had come to her to apologize...

She had already decided, she realized, not to tell her husband about Dekka after all, and, she thought, she would have to find a way to call off the guards she had watching him...

For her husband, though, she made herself smile and nod.  "Yes.  It's beautiful.  That fox I was just dancing with gave me a bit of a fright earlier, but he's just apologized so everything is right as rain once again."  Except for Vesrik being poisoned...  That was quite troubling indeed.

visualspice

Calent's brow furrowed at the mention of.her doubts and although she had mentioned they were relieved, he still inquired, "Do you think that fox is the culprit?" And already his eyes were seeking him out in the crowd.

Ivory

Dekka?  Poison someone?  The thought was absurd!

"No," she said softly, reaching up to caress her husband's jaw to guide his attention back down to her.  "A certain young lady has been keeping that particular fox busy this evening.  I caught them in a rather...embarrassing position earlier, you see."

Nevermind that it was all a complete fabrication...  She held her out to him, then smiled up at him warmly.  "You've outdone yourself, Calent.  This is a beautiful ball, and people are having a splendid time."

visualspice

Calent turned to his wife- and part of him wondered if the woman in question was her sister, but he didn't press and let the fox go.. for now. If his wife did not seemed troubled, he supposed he shouldn't be as well and he gave her a nod and small smile at her words.

"And it would not have been beautiful were it not for you," he told her, eyes shining as he took her in, even through her mask. "I'm just sorry I've been so stubborn lately. Perhaps this is just a taste of more good things to come."

Ivory

Kathryn's smile became much more genuine in response to his flirtations.  If they hadn't been in public just then...

Nevertheless, she squeezed his hand gently and shot him a grin.

"You're quite the charmer tonight...  Too bad there are all these people around, or I'd show you just how much I appreciate it..."  She smirked at him slyly.  Too bad indeed!

visualspice

Calent flushed at her words, for he was not used to such attentions from his wife. And after a moment of.being tense, he took a step near.to.his wife.... And when no one was looking, he snuck a kiss to her cheek.
"Perhaps you can show me later..."

Ivory

Kathryn's smile stretched even wider in response to his kiss.  To anyone else, it may have seemed like a small, inconsequential display of affection, but for Calent to have displayed any affection at all in public was exceedingly rare...

"I would be happy to, your grace," she murmured a bit playfully.  Poor Vesrik just couldn't compete with either Dekka or Calent, much less thoughts of both of them together!

visualspice

His eyes lingered upon her for much longer than intended, so it was.with some regret when he took a step away.
"I am to see there is an updatesoon." For where she had forgotten the plight Vesrik had befallen, her husband could not.
"I will return soon for a dance," and here he took her hand and kissed it.

Ivory

Kathryn's regret seemed quickly placated by his words.  She smiled at him and nodded ever-so-slightly.  "I'll look forward to it."  A light flush had touched her cheeks, clearly in delighted response to his attentions...which, for him, were very open and public indeed.  "Be careful."

visualspice

"I have already alerted the guards. You will have careful eyes upon you, but be careful as well," he told her with a nod. "I shan't be long." And with that, the Grand Duke turned away and disappeared through the crowd.